Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Wind of the Night

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 05:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The soft remnants of sweat glistened off her muscles, and that of her horse as she took the thick brush to his coat. She had finished brushing out his dark mane and was using the other brush to tend to his dark rust colored coat. They had both had a long day in the arena, winning another flawless match with barely scratch. Though a 'scratch' did occur, and the wound on his back leg was ugly, but nothing to kill him. Once her brush found the wounded leg, she was careful with him, whispering softly against his neck as she gingerly worked around it.

Once her brushing was done, she sat on a stool and rung out a rag, before tending and cleaning out the wound and applying a thick salve.

Red Sun took pride in her work, and her horse, and once she was done, wiped the sweat from her brow on the back of her hand. But upon seeing the way the horse grew anxious and danced around in his stall, she gave a laugh and shook her head.

"Alright, Horus, alright." Shaking her head, she untethered his reigns and lead him outside the dimly lit stables and into the blue night. How easy it would be to simply jump onto the saddle and run away. But she knew better. The night guards of her master were like hawksa nd the first time she tried- severely punished. But the only spared one glance her way as she and her horse Horus galloped off into the sandy field. It was not unusual to find Red Sun taking a midnight ride.

And ride she did, the injury doing nothing to deter Horus reaching top speed as the rush of the cool night winds gushed passed their bodies and the stars above turned into blurs. She loved it, and after a while, released the reigns of her horse to rise her arms out to the sides, like the wings of a bird as hse rested her head back and closed her eyes.

She felt weightless, free...

Though as trained, the moment they began to get out of sight of the guards her horse slowed. Opening her eyes, she gathered up the reigns again just in time to watch a dark figure on the horizon. It appeared to be another horse and rider. A curious thing for this time of night. And rare for any men to own horses in Essyrn. So she stood there, her figure bathed in the silver light of the moon as her horse stomped it's feet and chuffed a snort through it's nose from where he now stood at the edge of the expansive riding field.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

It wasn't often that Cassius rode a horse, but this was a special occasion. He knew about Red Sun's midnight rides, but there would be a surprise waiting for her this time. A wicked grin spread across Cassius' face as, just on schedule, Red Sun came into view. Urging his horse onward to intercept Red Sun, he waved to her. He couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she heard the news.

visualspice

Seeing the figure wave, she looked around and back to the guards. Her hands hesitated over the reigns. She debated heading back to the stables, but as the horse and rider grew closer, she couldn't believe who it was.

"Cassius.."
And now he was too close for her to turn tail and run. What did he want? She hardened her gaze on him with a frown, but did not leave her grounds and merely waited for the rider to come to her in the night.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius rode up to Red Sun, the wicked grin still splayed on his face.

"It's been awhile, Sunny," Cassius said using his nickname for her. "All these years and still in one piece. If only we could all be so lucky."

Cassius raised his left arm for her to see, the long steel hook serving as a replacement for his arm glistened in the moolight. Cassius lowered his arm and chuckled.

"Aren't you at least going to say 'hi' to your old friend?"

visualspice

Catching the glint off his metal hand, she narrowed her gaze as turquoise eyes took him in.
"Yes, many years of luck and skill," she stated proudly, still keeping her shoulders thrown back and her head held high. But his last comment even made her horse chuff.
"Friend is not what I'd call us," she told him firmly, her horse dancing idly in place as he swished his dark tail about to deter any sand fleas that dared bite at him. She only wished she could do the same for her own pesky 'flea' before her. But after a while, realizing her place, she bowed her head in greeting.
"How does the night find you, Lord Cassius?"
It was unfortunate for her she forgot her place around him. She was still a slave. She knew many others could be hung for less.

Wicked Basket

The disrespect she showed him despite his rank was paid no heed. Red Sun had proven her worth as the only one who could stand against him in the arena. To him she was an opponent, not a slave. Cassius chuckled at her remarks.

"I didn't lose this in a fight if that's what you're implying," Cassius told her maintaining his suave tone. "I simply traded it with a sandworm. He took my arm, I took his life. It was a pretty fair trade I'd say, but enough about me. What have you been up to? Still undefeated?"

If there was one thing Cassius loved to do, it was torment Red Sun. The she disliked him, the more entertaining their fights were.

visualspice

Red Sun narrowed her gaze at him, but steadied her horse and kept that chin held proudly.
"Naturally," she said. "So you'd best be careful in the ring. Each victory only gains me more skills."
And if he wasn't careful, he might lose that precious other arm. She knew for a fact she could have taken it from him before- had the time not ran out on the battle they had how many years ago. She wondered if that scar he got reminded him of that almost victory for her. Probably not. He was an arrogant asshole, after all, and she would see him as nothing but an opponent in the ring.

Wicked Basket

"Confidence. I like that," Cassius commented with that wicked grin of his. It was now time to drop the bomb.

"We'll see how you feel tomorrow when you face me in the arena with a sword in my hand."

Now it was Cassius turn to sit up straight and tall. It had been awhile since their last fight, and he was eager to settle this once and for all. He knew right from the start that he had an advantage. The last time the two had fought, Cassius still had both of his hands. All of those past experiences fighting him and learning his technique would be wasted now that he had surmised an entirely different one to complement his hook. This would, indeed, be a battle for the ages.

visualspice

Her reaction had her horse moving uneasily beneath her.
"What?" She stared at him in disbelief before her gaze narrowed. "So you wish to die so soon?" She looked down to his hand then back to him. "Can you even hold a blade anymore?"
What did he take this as, some sort of joke?

Wicked Basket

Cassius couldn't help but laugh at her response. It was better than he had imagined.

"Have you forgotten so soon," Cassius asked lifting his right hand. "I'm a righty remember? I am fully capable of using a blade, as you shall see."

Cassius paused for a moment and then decided to restate his offer like he has done so many times over the years.

"You know, I could take you away from all this. I could take you to live a normal life among people who are strong like you, and not those pathetic slaves you're forced to call your colleagues."

visualspice

Red Sun snorted.
"Pity. If I had been the sandworm, I would have taken both your hands." Or his life.
But his last statement made her brow twitch.
"Tch. I'd rather live with pigs."

Wicked Basket

"If you were the sandworm you'd be dead," Cassius corrected her. "I killed the bastard, remember?"

He simply shrugged as she turned down his offer again for the umpteenth time. Cassius turned his horse around and gave one final statement before departing.

"You're already living with pigs, but you wouldn't have to be."

visualspice

"That is for me to judge," she stated proudly, but didn't let her confidence or pride drop and stared at him, wondering if there was anything else he wanted to say. He had ruined her evening run, after all, and her horse swished his tail impatiently.

Wicked Basket

"If you insist," Cassius replied with a  shrug.

He urged his horse onward and away from Red Sun. What he failed to mention was that this time the match would be first blood, not timed as the rest were. No matter, she'll figure it out soon enough.

"I'll see you in the arena, Sunny," he called before completely vanishing into the blackness of night.

visualspice

Red Sun couldn't believe what she was hearing. She watched him leave and stared off into the darkness for a good long while until she noted the guards growing uncomfortable and beginning to advance. Scowling, she kicked into her horses side and decided to be defiant, and took the horse running off into the desert. It took nearly two hours for her master's guards to catch up to her- and once she was brought inside...

She was taken to the back room and whipped. Her master spared no expensive and left her in chains all night, glowering at her about tomorrow's fight.
"And you will win it or you're dead," he threatened, and left her chained for a good few hours while her back caked up painfully in blood.

Come first light, she was released to rest for what few hours were left, and as much as she needed it, she could barely let herself drift off for more than an hour until she was awakened and bathed and prepared for the day.

Yes, today was the day where she had to fight Cassius in the arena again. And unlike the other times before it came at quite the high price. Beat Cassius, no draw- or she'd pay with her life. And she idly wondered what life would be like-
Free of this world of Cassius...
or free of the world in death.

Wicked Basket

Cassius awoke that morning excited and ready to go. After a nice large breakfast, he went to the Colloseum early to train and watch some of the fights that were taking place before his own. Today would be the day that the streak of draws and tirs ended. Cassius versus Red Sun, a battle for the ages. Cassius had both his hook and sword sharpened, polished, and ready for action. Today, there would be blood in the sand.

visualspice

In order to.prepare for the fight, Red Sun had her blade sharpened and prepared. She preferred using a blade gifted to her from her last master, a blade with an intricately carved pattern embedded into its metal that was stained dark, and a blade whose silhouette was carved in rough crooks like raw toothed lace, and connected to that was a chain. Yes, Red Sun was famous for this chain linked sword and named the blade dark viper. it was named after the way it struck down its foes: quick, like a viper's bite.

As she tended to it, stroking a sharpening rock across its surface, she peered up at her master, and soon found herself enroute to the arena, where the thunderous roar of the awaiting crowd greeted her.

She tensed at such a sound, the air rife with energy as she was proudly lead to the under ground waiting pits before the fight was to.begin.

Wicked Basket

Cassius stepped into the arena bare-chested and with a sword in his remaining hand. The uproar of the crowd became even louder as they immediately recognized who had just entered the arena. Cassius approached Red Sun with purpose and stopped only a few feet from her.

"Hello again, Sunny," Cassius said. "It seems as though the crowd still recognizes me."

visualspice

As the metal gates had been open with a heavy, slow- click, click, click, Red Sun stepped out into the blinding sunlight, her stance proudly in the Arena sands before the crowd while the fans were roaring out in glee.  Red Sun versus  Cassius Kage. And this fight, it was announced, was until... "FIGHT UNTIL FIRST BLOOD!"

And it was only at the bleating sound of the oxen horn that Red Sun sparked back to life. She had gone from proud to predatory in a heart beat and snapped up her chain whip sword and lashed it forward, the chainlink ends hissing out like a snake, and the blade at the end of it was aiming to slash across Cassius's face.

Wicked Basket

Cassius grinned as he simply smacked the blade aside with his hook.

"Now things become interesting."

He quickly closed the distance between them and began his onslaught; a well-practiced sequence of slashes and swings with strikes of his hook woven in between. All he needed to do was stay close to keep her from utilizing that chain. The loss of his left hand was starting to seem as less of an impairment to his combat performance.