Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Who Are You Without The Mask?

Started by Anadwen, March 27, 2014, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

"Good evening, Arimus." Haru greeted him bleakly, noticing the change in his breath as he woke up. She was sitting on the floor and arranging a vase of flowers by the windows. It was getting dark, as the lanterns were already lit...

"I must warn you not to leave the room. We are practically runaways in our own house. Till Takuya returns, there is no way we can escape being imprisoned, as Seiki insist on it. However, till we remain here, we are safe. He will not enter... I know that." she informed him.

Brisinger987

Arimus felt something over his left eye, and as he listened to Haru, he made note of checking what it was.

He reached one hand under his eye patch, and felt something glass, it was impossibly thin, yet unbelievably strong. He took it out, and saw it looked to contain the sigil of his curse, printed on glass.

He then spoke to Haru.

"He thinks that will stop me walking around? What will he do?"

Anadwen

"Bind you, and lock you up in the lowest cell. The Cell of a Thousand Tears." Haru answered him. That cell's very name was infamous - very few have been inside it, but it was said to be nearly impossible to escape. The very walls crush the spiritual powers, and they are entirely steep and smooth. The only entrance is from the ceiling, and that is, without a ladder, impossible.

"Yes, he would go that far. I myself am allowed to leave, but I have to be careful, his eyes are always on me. He's furious, I know it, even though he pretends not to be." 

Brisinger987

"Ha. He acts like solitary confinement is punishment for me. It's R&R really." Arimus stood up, hiding the contact lens. It was clearly made magically. No-one could forge glass that small.

Anadwen

"Have you ever-" Haru abruptly turned at him from the half-complete ikebana, and pierced him with the look of her grey eyes, "-been inside that cell? I hope not, and I hope you never will."

The Cell of a Thousand Tears was one rumored to bring men to insanity. Her father's younger brother has been imprisoned for twenty years... And it made him mad. Entirely. Since then, the cell was empty - for good.

She wanted it to stay empty.

Brisinger987

"You don't get it, do you? I'm mad already. I've lived through being torn apart and burned alive. I can't get any worse. No horror will break me. No act will destroy me. I will continue." Arimus turned to one side, and took his eye patch off, to see if the world appeared in a different colour. It didn't. Then he turned to Haru, letting her look into both of his violet eyes.

"Besides. I feel better than I have in a long time."

Anadwen

"You have beautiful eyes, Arimus. It's a pity I only got to see them now." Haru replied silently. They really were beautiful - large, in a vibrant hue of dark lavender, just like hers had the color of cold stones in the stream of a river.

"Besides, Seiki is neither a god, nor a king. He can't command everyone around just because he happens to be the heir, and because he is a better fighter than the rest of us. He's got issues with his brain."

She bent her head back, and looked at Arimus like that, a little comical. "I wonder if he didn't accidentally damage his brain, not only liver and kidneys, back then twelve years ago."

Brisinger987

"I don't think I do. I have the eyes of a man who has been cursed with immortality." Arimus rebuffed the comment. He didn't want any more attachment, but something made him want to hold her. That comment made an emotion stir in him, one that brought back pain and bad memories.

"He is but an insect to me. I can kill him if I so desire. He can die. I can't. He can tire. I can't. He can bleed. I can't." Arimus stated with a deathly serious tone. Then he stretched his muscles, and began to walk to the door. He wanted to go for a walk, and Seiki had no power to stop him.

Anadwen

Haru sighed, and returning to creating the ikebana. If someone was stubborn, there was no help to him. Fortunate was that Seiki was rarely outside his room at this time.

That didn't, however, stop Shinobu, carrying the tray with her food to her own room, from walking straight into him. She almost dropped the rice, fish, and a small bowl of something green onto the floor, staring at him like if she just had an incredible hallucination.

"Good grief, Arimus, don't walk so silent!" she hissed at him. It was quite the hypocritical comment from someone who walks like a cat herself.

Brisinger987

Arimus' eyes analysed Shinobu, and every vicious thought was conveyed in his eyes. He looked at her as if she were his only meal in a thousand years, with a ravenous yearning for more.

"Sorry Shinobu. You get used to walking round like a ghost." He growled, and his eyes turned to the sword he had held earlier. It reminded him of his potential. His lethality, and he grinned with malice for life.

"It's a lovely sword. Mind running me through with it? I'm feeling rather bright, so I figure I should quell the feeling before you lot realise I have feelings, right?"

Anadwen

"Are you crazy? Nobody ever lends his Zanpakuto unless it's necessary!" Shinobu burst back, obviously offended by the very thought. She defensively shifted to hide the sheathed weapon behind her obi away from him, and frowned. "And I'm not stabbing you with it, either. No way."

She was unusually snapping today, immediately jumping into a defensive stance at the slightest sign of threat. Arimus was weird... Very, very weird, and she didn't like this attitude of his. His very face was unsettling to her...

Brisinger987

"Now, now, what do you notice that is different from earlier? Look closely." Arimus smiled, letting her stare at both of his eyes, the curse lens in his pocket. He felt more powerful now, more free. Maybe he was still a bit blurry from the explosion earlier.

He waited for her to answer, tensing his arms repeatedly to try and at least begin to strengthen his muscles.

Anadwen

"Uhhh... Your eyes?" she asked, still frowning. Why was he asking her dumb questions like this? She was becoming slightly irritated with him. Arimus was being really, really strange today. Not only did he talk, but he talked about... Strange things.

She put both hands onto the edges of her food tray, and regained a bored expression that she had before bumping into him.

Brisinger987

"Well done Shinobu. You know something, I think I deserve a prize." Arimus feinted a punch to her side, then followed through with a sweep and a take down scissor kick. He hoped she would be caught off guard and he could take the sword. He had enjoyed using the sword.

Anadwen

Shinobu frowned deeper as she deflected the punch, and moved away to get out of the range of the kick. The tray with food hit the floor, flipping the fish a few feet away, and she crossed her arms before her chest in a position, characteristic for a very high-level and complicated binding spell.

"Tenfold flame of an unyielding pyre, and all the light of the stars on a night sky. Number seventy-eight, bind." she growled through her clenched teeth. A half of an incantation, called out loud should magnify the effect, and bind Arimus down with ease.

As if to answer her call, ten white ropes started tying around him. Shinobu kept frowning. For once, she had to agree with Seiki...

Brisinger987

Arimus began laughing as he felt the ropes bind, and he began to struggle, his muscles tearing and regenerating over and over, and even the strength of these ropes began to falter a little under the sheer power Arimus withheld. Not enough to break them yet.

"Oh, I've never felt better, haha!" He strained more, hoping to feel the ropes snap at some point soon.

Anadwen

Shinobu's purple eyes widened as he started breaking the spell, and she took a step back. An even stronger binding was needed... She took a breath and set her arms into a different position.

"The last crescent of the moon above the horizon. Three hundred crimson dragons that breathe their flame upon it, three thousand sparks that connect into chains. Number eighty-four, the burning phoenix, bind!" her voice grew louder over the incantation, and a couple of burning chains started materializing in the air. Their very sight seemed hellish, the irons bursting with flames. It was one of the most advanced spells she knew... Most creatures had no chance of ever breaking something like this.

The fire took on the form of a burning bird, enveloping Arimus' figure with its wings. She wondered if it was really necessary to use something this powerful... She could even get punished for the use of high-level Kido within the residence...

As if it was the answer to her questions, a dark, tall figure appeared behind her. "So this is the cause of the sudden commotion. I have to remind you that the use of mid- and high-level spells inside is forbidden." A well-known cold voice resonated in the room. She looked over her shoulder to  see Seiki's figure looking down at her with a question in his eyes.
"It was an emergency. He attacked me. I attempted using a less powerful spell at the start, but it failed." she explained sternly. Seiki - for it was no one else than him - nodded. His eyes narrowed.

"Very well." he proclaimed, and watched over her and Arimus. Endless hate seemed to flash through the midnight blue of his irises as his glance sled over the butler, but that disappeared soon, leaving nothing but a spark of disdain and disgust.

Brisinger987

"Oh, that's why I feel so alive..." Arimus began muttering a spell that turned the very air heavy with dread, and thunder resounded outside.

"Break the 9th circle of hell, and watch as heaven comes crashing down with it..." Arimus began to push against the flames, and with his strength and regeneration, endured the burns, walking through the fiery restraint.

"That little voice in my head is back. And he's giving me some very fancy spells." A black flame jumped into his hand, and from it, a black longsword formed.

"Meet Ragnarok. MY zanpakuto."

Anadwen

Shinobu instinctively stepped back, just to bump into Seiki, and feel the handle of Blood-red Blossom between her shoulderblades. That made her back up further, stepping behind Seiki himself. If something could break a level eighty-four spell...

The sight of her brother still calmed her. Seiki could handle this... He's dealt with things that should have killed him, and emerged unscathed. Yes, he will deal with it...

"If you really wish to fight, I will gladly accept. But not within the walls of this house." Seiki replied to Arimus' threat. As usually, he didn't consider his opponent worth his precious time.

Brisinger987

Arimus took his sword and smiled.

"Gladly. Wouldn't want to get any more blood on the carpet..." Arimus began walking away. The voice in his head needed to go away, and it was already driving him to insanity. If he could just get blown up or something, he would be fine. Or if someone would stab him.

Hell, the only reason he was going outside was to get stabbed.