Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What A Load of Croc!

Started by visualspice, May 01, 2014, 11:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Cassius stepped aside to avoid the spear and then chuckled as it bounced off of his boat.

"This ain't no cheap boat like Karime gave you," Cassius told her. "This thing is solid oak. It was no easy task bringing it all the way here."

visualspice

"Just like it was no easy task in hunting that crocodile!" she spat. "Bring your boat back over here so I can properly challenge you for it." Because despite his rank, and she- well, carrying none, she was NOT about to let him get away with this!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"You can't fight me on the water," Cassius told her. "You can barely stand. What makes you think you can fight me?"

visualspice

It was at this she was seeing red, and perhaps would have the opposite effect she had hoped. But nothing could stop her from what she did next, as she leaped off the boat- and soon plunged under the water.

To be consumed by this much water had her panicked, and though she had seen others swim before, she herself had never really done it. But she'd do anything to one up Cassius- anything, and as she floundered about beneath the waters, powerful arms and legs kicking wildly, she began to panic some more. She wasn't familiar with the concept to hold her breath, so she couldn't hold it well. Nor did she know how to move herself efficiently through the waters. But as she began to inhale the water, anger quickly over came all logic as she realized what Cassius must think to be able to witness her drown.

Strong legs kicked and kicked again, as powerful arms, so used to fighting, to killing, pulled her forward through the dark waters as she opened her eyes to look at a blurry world of moving shadows. She could hear nothing of the world above, for the water's noise was deafening, and it was hard to see as the waters were clouded, and stung at her eyes. But she could make out the shadows above her, and as she choked on more water, she was quick to figure out which boat was Cassius's, and was determined to get on it and wrestle the man into submission.

And moment's later, she came gasping out of the water, clinging onto Cassius's boat and nearly taking it in with her. The crocodile, in that moment, nearly slipped off, but miraculously, remained on the small boat. And though it took an effort, Red Sun was now on his ship, crouching down on her knees and breathing hard- long red hair plastered to her face, to her body, and her clothing, almost non existent when it was wet. And as she rose, her green eyes blazed with a powerful hatred as hot as the sun.

She was still coughing out water, trying to catch her breath when she charged him- as stubborn and powerful as a bull. Cassius would pay!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Yasmin yelled when Red Sun jumped into the water. Water that was infested with crocodiles! Angry crocodiles! And more would likely be attracted to the spot around their boats now that blood had been spilled!

Red Sun might have been crazy enough to dive into infested waters without knowing how to even swim, but Yasmin was not. No way! She knelt near the edge of her boat, picking at her fingernails with anxiety, and waited, expecting to see the red waters turn a darker shade at any minute. She couldn't help Red Sun here. She didn't know how to swim, so there was no way she was pulling some stupidly heroic move and getting them both eaten or drowned. Still, it was a helpless feeling--and she also couldn't help feeling angry that her teammate would pull such a stupid stunt!

But then, by Hakeshna's grace and mercy, Red Sun surfaced.

And climbed into Cassius's boat.

Yasmin nearly wilted with relief, rubbing at her temples.

This was going to end well.

But while Red Sun charged at Cassius, she turned her back on the two and went back to watching the waters. She wasn't going to watch! Nope! She was not going to be complicit in Red Sun murdering the guy. She'd gotten in enough trouble on that front already. Instead, she shifted over to the other side of her boat, hefted her spear, and waited.

And sure enough, the surface rippled as a dark shape moved beneath, attracted by the blood and the thrashing, and Yasmin took careful aim and then struck like a viper.

Let them fight.

She was going to bag herself a croc!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

Slightly impressed but undaunted, Cassius simply flung a kick at the sputtering Red Sun. Was she insane? This was definitely the most foolhardy thing he had ever seen Red Sun do, especially since Red Sun still had the harpoon in his hand. If Red Sun wanted to fight while she was at a severe disadvantage, then let her.

visualspice

She couldn't evade the kick, she was in no position to, and found herself falling ontop of the dead.croc, of all things! And if she thought things were going terribly wrong now.... The very crocodile Yasmin went to speer became enraged and began to charge head first at the boats.

Wicked Basket

Cassius stood over Red Sun.

"That was quite unlike you to do something so foolish."

Before Cassius could say more, one of his slaves shouted a warning. Cassius turned and saw another croc coming in at top speed.

"Looks like your friend found another one. On your feet, Sunny, it's go time."

visualspice

Sunny. She hated the name. And without warning, she struck her leg out, hoping to knock Cassius clean off his feet.

Wicked Basket

Unfortunately for Red Sun, Cassius always kept his feet firmly planted whenever he was on a boat. When Red Sun kicked him, the combination of his sure footing and the fact that he was heavy kept him from moving.

"Now you're just being annoying," Cassius said with a scowl. "If you don't shape up then you're going in with the crocs, and you know full well that I'm capable of making that happen, so don't test me! You want a croc? There's one coming this way. If you want it, you best start behaving yourself."

visualspice

She growled through her teeth. "We've already gotten our croc!" And rising to her feet, she yanke a spear from a man nearby and slammed it clean into the dead one on his boat- and glared at Cassius with a challenging look.

Wicked Basket

"What if that one is bigger," Cassius asked her. "I bet you would be wanting that one then."

visualspice

Red Sun growled. "The idea of this hunt is to get as many crocodiles as you can! And if you were to rightfully kill it, it would be yours!"

Wicked Basket

"You probably wouldn't have even gotten this one if it weren't for me," Cassius shot back. "I would be led to believe you might be a little grateful that I stooped so low as to help a slave."

visualspice

Growling at him, she cut back, "You mean steal from a slave!" And if they wanted to be correct about it, he was technically stealing from two slaves.

Wicked Basket

"You want it," Cassius roared grabbing hold of the dead croc. "Then go get it!"

Cassius tossed the scaly beast out of his boat and into the water with a mighty splash.

visualspice

The second the crocodile corpse splashed into the water, the boat rocked. Red Sun merely stared, wide eyed at what Cassius had done. She could have slugged him! Would have slugged him, if it wasn't for what happened next...
As the crocodile Yasmin had been hunting suddenly came barreling underneath Cassius's boat- and soon it was turned over.

Rhindeer

Yasmin had been aiming her spear, lining it up with its head, when it suddenly dove, vanishing beneath the murky waters--

And turned over Red Sun and Cassius's boat.

Soon the waters were churning, the beast thrashing, and for a second Yasmin stared in horror as the waters turned redder, blanching because she was certain it was gnawing on one of them--but then it surfaced, and in its gaping maw held one of the dead croc's legs. It had been attracted to the blood, and, like the opportunistic cannibals they were, decided to take advantage of their kill. Lucky for Red Sun and Cassius, it didn't care about either of them.

Yet.

But that didn't mean other crocs wouldn't, and soon, at this rate.

Cursing under her breath, Yasmin took aim again as the beast went into a full-body roll, intent on tearing chunks of flesh from the dead animal, and that was when Yasmin struck, plunging her spear deep into its soft belly.

"Stop fighting, you idiots, and get out of the water!" she shouted to Red Sun and Cassius as she gave her spear a vicious twist.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

Cassius cursed loudly as his boat was overturned, dumping all of his gear into the water. Acting fast, Cassius immediately grabbed hold of the upside down boat and climbed on, the two slaves that had been accompanying quickly did the same. Luckily, Cassius had been smart enough to bring slaves that could swim. However, all he had to kill crocs with now was his sword. He had dropped the harpoon when the boat was tipped and it was undoubtedly resting at the bottom of the river. This was a fine mess.

visualspice

Perhaps it was the concept of what goes around, comes around- but Red Sun's anger definitely needed to cool off. And for her foolishness, it seemed Hakeshna wanted to punish her-
for before she could even try to swim to the surface, the thrashing crocodile that rolled around in the waters gave a heavy blow to her head, sending her down deeper into the Niafi River, and inhaling more water than she would have liked.

Tags: