Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What A Load of Croc!

Started by visualspice, May 01, 2014, 11:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Seeing the crocodile chomp at Cassius's slave, she turned from her own croc, grabbing a second spear and threw it forall she was worth. And it landed right between its eyes, and the slave, who was about to become lunch, cried out as its arm was bit off and his blood turned the waters red.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

[omg I'm a derp who was trying to be nice and wait for other people to post and just realized everyone was waiting for ME! xDDD *facepalm*]

Yasmin grit her teeth, and for a moment she wanted to put a spear in Cassius! A man just got his arm torn off and was now going to drown or bleed to death, and the bastard was going on about his usefulness?

She couldn't help it. She knew she should keep her mouth shut, but as she stabbed at a croc that was swimming toward the bloodied waters, eager to get the rest of the slave, she shouted, "What's wrong with you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"What kind of question is that," Cassius retorted. "I think it's pretty obvious that a bunch of crocs are trying to eat me alive."

Cassius spun around landed a kick on the side of a crocodile's head.

"What's wrong with you?"

visualspice

Red Sun growled. This was crazy, all of it, but she wasted no time in grabbing up a paddle and steering her own boat towards the bleeding man- having already cleared the path of the large crocodile that wanted to eat the poor man for it's supper.
The man was using his last good limb, and both his legs to keep afloat, which only aided to the chaos all around them.

Once she was close enough, Red Sun put out her hand.
"Here! Take my hand!" But when the man went to reach for it, he grabbed onto Red Sun's shackles instead and jerked her forward. Thankfully, she caught herself on the lip of the boat, which rocked beneath her's and the weight of hte man she was trying to save as she held on for dear life.

Growling, she began to pull the man forward, hoping to get him into the boat-
when from the deep- the large maws of a crocodile came up and snapped him, pulling him down into the water, and half pulling Red Sun along with!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"What's wrong with me?" Yasmin shouted back as she tried to keep the crocs back while Red Sun fetched the slave. But she knew he might not make it even if she got him on board; he'd lost a lot of blood, and without anything to cauterize or bind the stump, it might be a lost cause. "I don't know! Why don't you tell me? I'm just an ignorant slave, after--"

She cut off, because that was when another croc, one she hadn't seen, came from the deep and grabbed the man, and Yasmin dropped her spear into the boat so she could wrap her arms around Red Sun's waist and pull her back.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"Let him go," Cassius shouted. "He's dead either way. Don't be stupid."

Cassius looked around. They were still coming. How many of these damn things were there? Between the three of them they had definitely killed quite a few, but that only seemed to make them angrier. Was there no end to this tide of crocs? Was this how he was to die? Cassius tightened his grip on his sword. Well, if this was how he was to die, he was going to take these crocodiles down with him.

visualspice

Red Sun fell back into Yasmin, the pair falling into the boat as it rocked upon the bloodied waters. And just like Cassius, she had to wonder why the crocodile swarm seemed endless. Peering around, she grit her teeth.
"We should fall back!" Since, despite what she did earlier, she wasn't entirely suicidal. Getting to her feet, she barked to her men.
"Row us back to shore!" And as a croc bumped against the boat, Red Sun had enough. "Now!!!"

Rhindeer

The other slaves lurched into action, taking up their oars and beginning to row, though they clearly looked frightened--with good reason! To row, they had to get close to the boat's edge, and soon they had crocodiles snapping at their oars! One croc managed to grab hold of one and yank it out of the slave's hands, nearly taking the slave along with it, and Yasmin cursed. If that kept happening, soon they'd have nothing to row the boat with. They'd be stuck out here, and who would come to rescue slaves?

She rushed to the side of one of the rowers and began to focus on keeping the crocs away from them. "Guard them!" she barked at Red Sun. "We're going to lose the oars!"

visualspice

Red Sun didn't need to be told twice. Picking up her weapon, she jabbed it at any crocodile that dare get near, and for now, it seemed their plan to deter them was working. The crocodiles, though drawn to the blood and hungry, did not like being jabbed by spears too much, and soon the boat was breaking away from the bloodied waters and pushing out into the middle, deeper part of the Niafi.

Wicked Basket

Cassius cursed as he saw Red Sun and Yasmin rowing away while he was still stuck on his own overturned boat.

"Hey," he shouted. "What about me?!"

visualspice

Red Sun cut a look back to him. Though she was still pissed at him, he did save her life. Gritting her teeth, she turned to Yasmin.

"Turn his way." And then over to Cassius she shouted. "Get ontop of your boat and tried to push this way!"

She might regret this later, but she had a feeling she'd regret it more if she didn't.

Wicked Basket

"How the hell am I supposed to push it," Cassius replied. "I don't have any oars, and I sure as hell ain't getting near the water."

Another crocodile tried making its way onto Cassius' boat only to be stomped on and driven back into the river.

visualspice

Red Sun cursed and shouted her command louder, "Row faster!" And the other slaves could only oblige, the boat gaining speed, despite the fact they all wished to turn the other way. When they were close enough, she put out her arm.

"Come on and take it before it gets bitten off by a croc!"

Wouldn't Cassius like that? Then they'd both have only one arm.

Wicked Basket

Cassius sheathed his sword and took a step back.

"Just hand on and don't fall in," Cassius told her.

With that, he jumped from his boat into theirs with a splash.

"That wasn't so bad."

visualspice

The splash happened to get Red Sun right in the eyes, and irritably, she wiped it away and glared over at the man before commanding the slaves to return to their oaring- to get them ALL the hell out of there!

Rhindeer

"Why save a man like that?" Yasmin muttered under her breath, arms folded across her chest as she sat down in the boat as it rocked enough to nauseate her. All she could think about was how he'd responded to the dying slave, with not a lick of compassion.

visualspice

Red Sun only growled in response, "Why save a slave like me?" She had been doomed earlier, but either way she felt she and Cassius were now even. And as they were rowing off into the deeper , clearer waters, she refused to look or even talk to Cassius.

Wicked Basket

"When the crocs finally calm down, we could probably go back out there and take our pick of the dead ones," Cassius commented.

Though Red Sun returning to rescue him was surprising, it wasn't unexpected. He had saved her life, so it was only fair that she save his. Though he could tell she obviously wasn't happy about it, and neither was her friend. Cassius kept his eyes out on the swarm of crocs, not bothering to look at those in the boat with him.

visualspice

Ignoring Cassius's suggestion, even though she knew it was a good idea.. (after all, the point of this while thing was to bring back dead crocs!), Red Sun kept the rowers on a steady course away from the chaos. But as she did so, she noticed a familiar entourage on the shore. Lord Hassar... Seemed Karime wasn't going to just sit around all day. Figured.

If looks could kill, that man would be dead, but instead, she turned her eyes back towards the crocodiles to see bloodied, still waters. Then, in a commanding tone, she barked out the orders, "Turn this boat around! " And she cast Cassius a venomous glare. "We're going back for those crocs." And she added, so that Cassius remembered whose boat he was in...
"And the crocodiles we bring in will be under Lord Hassar's slaves."

Wicked Basket

"Lord Hassar can kiss my ass," Cassius said. "I'm getting at least one of them."

When Cassius saw Karime, he felt those same homicidal urges that he always felt when he was around that scumbag. He wanted so badly to just cut Karime in two. It would be easy too. Karime couldn't fight at all, and yet he had power. The strong should be the ones in charge, not these lazy fat bastards. It was such a corruption of the natural order.