Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

And Now I'm Stranded (Open)

Started by Ferr Windston, May 10, 2014, 02:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferr Windston

"It is beautiful." Ahra said to Narron with a smile. "You village is very exotic and vivid to me. I only wanted a small peek of it before returning to my sleep. But my curiosity is filled for tonight." The Mystic took a last look around. Basking in the ground view of these wooden structures. Eyes open to the moon light, Ahra began to ponder and shook his head. "If I might walk for just a bit, it would not be an issue to my recovery. As I see it anyway."

And with that, Ahra snickered. "It reminds me of the time I was supposed to meet for teachings. Yet went to play in the mountain as a little child." A moment after, Ahra then began to look confused. "By the mention, where might Kowhia have gone off to? I did not see him once I had awoken. Two mere minutes ago."

Winters-Feather

Narron brightened at the notion of a walk.
"Then I'll come with you," he insisted.
He chuckled at Ahra's story.
"Sometimes when I was a child and did not want to fish, I would take off and surf," Narron admitted. He scratched the back of his head and shrugged at Ahra's question.
"I don't know," Narron said, easy going. "Perhaps on a walk, like us, and gathering herbs. Or at Nali's' hut. They're good friends. Oh."
He looked down at the sword in his hands, and handed it out to Ahra, still wrapped.
"Your sword," he said. "Your ship is fine. My friends took care of it. They touched nothing."

Ferr Windston

"That is good. All of it good." Ahra kept his new smile upon his face before taking his sword back. He passed his hand over it along with it's attachment. "This is very important indeed. And I am rather glad they were not too curious." Ahra sighed. "I must be honest it is a nice village, but where might your temples be?" Ahra asked while sliding his blade back into the sheath. The paired match clicked, filling Ahra with a sense of completion. "Or might your people practice a more...Ugh." Ahra tried thinking of the Common word for what he was trying to ask.

He seemed stuck, since not all the words of Common matches the Zashine tongue, nor vise versa.

Winters-Feather

Narron  had to give a nervous smile at Ahra's comment.
They were VERY curious... Ahra was going to learn that about his friends soon enough! He frowned at the word 'temples.' He  scratched an itch on his side as he thought about it.  Narron didn't really get where Ahra was trying to trail off to, but he did at least understand that it was a question of religion. '

"No temples," Narron finally said.  "But we have shamen and healers... like Kowiha. We have gods and the dead. The feast to come is to celebrate the goddess of that volcano."

He used his native tongue to say 'shamen,' not finding the right Common word for it. Narron pointed  into the distance, where in the darkness, a large shadow loomed. The moon's rays gave hints of trees and rock.  Together, they walked past  rows of huts and small patches of gardens.  If he listened very quietly, Narron could hear the crashing waves of the ocean. Somewhere in the near by woods, an animal howled. The light of a wisp wove between not-so distant trees.
"Tricksters," Narron said. "Be careful with those."

Ferr Windston

"Oh I see I see. My apologize if I seem rude towards your beliefs." The Zashine moved his bangs to the side, with a nod. He seemed interested by the idea of a goddess living in a volcano. Or perhaps the volcano was the goddess herself? Ahra would soon learn from these people. That was the mission he was given after all.

He gazed at the huts, the trees, and then the wisp. Scanning the light, Ahra's eyes glimmered for a moment. He made an attempt to look at the wisp with his magical vision, but his eyes held too much strain to do it. Rubbing his eyes, the man nodded. "We have things similar to those on my Island. It is funny, I had spotted this place and released it to go searching. It never did return. They act like messengers or scouts. I suppose something happened to it." Ahra stated. "But what do you mean by...Tricksters?"

Winters-Feather

Narron shook his head.
"No, you weren't rude. Learning," he said with a smile.
He pointed towards the Wisp.
"Some say they are the gods messengers," Narron explained. "They sometimes brings news of good or ill... But mainly, for their fun, they like to lead people astray from their paths.  Sometimes they lead to places of beauty but most times,  they lead you to danger. It's fun, for them."

Ferr Windston

"That really is troublesome." Ahra nodded in agreement. He didn't like that the spirits would so easily feel enjoyment from tricking the living. Looking to the sky, he pondered at what happened to his scout wisp. Taking a deep breath, Ahra walked over to the wisp with his hand out. "Come little one."

Winters-Feather

Narron held his hand out in protest, but drew it in alarm back as a wisp approached him. In truth, he had rare encounters with the creatures. So where Ahra was inviting, Narron was hesitant. It was a small, glowing thing that almost looked like a miniature Yoreiqi up close, except their wings seemed to be made like insects and their smile too wide. Their faces had unique and distinctive markings that glowed, like war paint. The little creature tugged at Narron's finger. He couldn't help to smile a little by its charm, but he tugged back.
"Ahra, we should not do this," he said.

Ferr Windston

"It is strange, very...Strange." Ahra said before retracting his hand. "An odd creature, that is for sure. I wish not to be judgmental, but I would not so easily trust you. You fill me with some doubt little one." The Zashine speaks to the small wisp. He continues to examine it as a ball of blue fire came flying down from the sky. As it approached, it grew limbs and the features of a fox.

It's body landed on the ground without making a single sound. Walking behind Narron, the spirit passed it's tail around his leg. It's felt warm to the touch by unnerving. Giving a small sniff to the wisp, this new spirit circled back around to Ahra. Just now noticing his scout, Ahra gave the manifestation a small and waved of the hand. "Finally you make yourself appear. I would believe it if you went to enjoy time with these smaller wisps on the island." 

Winters-Feather

Narron's mouth hung agape as the spirit fox wrapped his tail around his leg. He shuddered, alarmed.
"W-who is this?" he asked Ahra hoarsely. His feathers had rustled slightly.  He did not want to insult the spirit, but that didn't mean he wanted to meddling with them!
The foreigner looked very, very calm about this. Narron frowned at Ahra's words.
"You KNOW this spirit?" he asked, trying to keep his voice low and even.

Ferr Windston

"Yes, this is Sagax. He is a rather smart fellow, it bothersome to control. Mostly because he moved of his own free will. He is no conjuration." Ahra said before looking at Narron with confusion. "Is it strange, even taboo to be this close to a spirit?" He asked with interest. Slowly he was learning, like Narron said before.

Winters-Feather

OOC: Also, I done goofed. narron should have been apprehensive about the sword because they are strict about weapons XD that cna be addressed later, i suppose lol
IC:

Narron shook his head, his eyes still fixated on the creature. He was captivated by the spirit and its beauty.
"No," he said, almost in a whisper. "I don't think so. I've never seen a spirit before. Hello... Sagax?"
The sounds of the name were foreign to his tongue.

Ferr Windston

OOC: That is alright, we can take care of it later.

IC:

The spirit looked to Narron and moved closer and bowed it's head. Marks glowing on it's face in a bright purple. It's eyes white and vacant. "Sagax." Ahra nodded, pronouncing it again for Narron's benefit. "It means sharp, as in keen and sharp eyes." The man explained before looking back down to the spirit. "So, what did you find my friend?"

Ahra placed out his hand, followed by the fox shaped being to place it's head in his palm. It's marks glowed brighter and the wave marks on the side of Ahra's eyes began to glow as well. The spirits collected knowledge began to flow into Ahra. After a moment, the two separated and the Mystic took in a deep breath. "Nice Island this place is. Still got to explore it before I leave." He chuckled.

Winters-Feather

"WHOA!"
Narron took a couple of alarmed steps backwards as Ahra and Sagax touched. A wave of light streamed between the two. Narron clutched his chest, his heart  beating rapidly. He didn't know he could any more surprises... until the fox talked.  He almost collapsed to his knees, then and there.
"What... just... happened?" he asked, his voice weak.

Ferr Windston

The fox chuckled and turned away to go down the row of huts near by. Ahra watched as Sagax walked away before returning to Narron. "He shared his collected knowledge of this island with me. Like a good scout is meant to. But just the general look and layout of this place. Nothing too deep." The man took a deep breath and knelt down. "Takes a lot out of you if your not in good shape." Ahra said before coughing.
"Damn it." He was forced to use his sword and sheath as a cane to raise himself up. He was lightly panting. "I think I might have over exerted myself that time. Narron mu friend, can you help me to the hut?"

Winters-Feather

Narron reached out to help Ahra up before the foreigner could even ask for assistance. He still trembled slightly, still in shock by the fox. He didn't know what was going on, but he knew Ahra needed help and whatever that had just happened was not because of malevolence.
"Of course," Narron replied as he wrapped an arm around Ahra's shoulders.
He frowned at the sword, realizing something.
"Ah... wait. You should hide your sword," Narron suggested. "My friends are... special cases but most here are troubled by the sight of a war-weapon like that. I brought it because it was important to you, but you must keep it secret. "

Ferr Windston

"Yes, yes of course." Ahra nodded before sliding the sheath into the inside of his clothing. "I might have something to conceal it better on board my ship. Tomorrow I will search for it. I wish not to cause  panic." The man rubbed his eyes and looked back to his spirit companion before taking in a deep breath. He started walking back to the huts.
"Let us both retire for the evening. Yes?" Ahra asked Narron with a smile.

Winters-Feather

Narron nodded, finding the plan to be a solid one.
"Yes, let's," he agreed, wrapping his arm around Ahra's shoulder.
Together, they slowly walked back to the healer's hut.

Thankfully, the healer still was not home. Narron suspected that he was still out collecting herbs or staying the night at a friend's, most likely the latter. Narron helped Ahra get to the cot he occupied. Narron wasn't worried about finding a place to sleep, himself. He didn't mind staying on the floor. Having feathers helped when in want of a pillow.

Ferr Windston

Once he laid back down, Ahra let out a deep breath. "Thanks Narron." Ahra smiled before trusting his sword to the darker man. "I think the healer left some sheets to the side. If he did, might you please wrap the blade in them? My friend there will take care of the rest." Glancing to the door, the spirit fox was sitting rather statue-like. It watched the paths leading up to the hut, almost like a guard. 

Sagax looked over to Narron and nodded his head before watching a butterfly go past them. A simple pleasure the spirit like to indulge in.

Winters-Feather

Narron nodded and followed Ahra's instructions. He dealt with the sword delicately. He concealed it in the pile of wide blankets, though he helped himself to to one. As he settled himself by a corner of the hut, he watched the spirit fox through heavy lids. As he drifted to sleep, he wondered if Kowiha saw many of these strange spirits, and if they weren't so exotic, after all. These were the thoughts Narron pondered upon as he drifted off to sleep.