Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

And Now I'm Stranded (Open)

Started by Ferr Windston, May 10, 2014, 02:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferr Windston

Through out the night, Ahra shifted in his sleep. His mind raced as his body healed, still hurt and burned. The Zashine later laid in a death like stillness in the middle of the night. He was now calm and taking in all the rest he needed. When dawn began to crack the sky, Ahra slowly began to stir awake. Muttering in his origin tongue, the mystic yawned and gazed outward. Not ready to go out, he turned to his side and looked down at Narron sleeping. Sagax moving from the doorway in the night to sleeping beside the dark skinned man.

Winters-Feather

Narron woke shortly after Ahra. He let out a loud groan and wiped the sleep from his eyes. It took him a couple of moments to notice the sleeping spirit by his side. He gasped and almost fell over, but then suddenly smiled. The spirit was a gentle one, and who knew that they needed sleep? He folded the blanket he had used and carefully put it on the pile where he had taken it.
"Do you need anything?" he asked Ahra. "I must go now to work, but I'll be back after mid day."

Ferr Windston

Ahra shook his head before leaning up. "I should be fine. Please, do not be detracted  from your work. It is how one must live." He smile before Sagax began to awaken from his slumber. The spirit gave a high pitched yawn before getting up to walk to the door. With it's mysterious eyes, he looked up and down the path outside the hut and ran off.

Ahra sighed and rubbed his head. "I suppose he ran off to try and amuse himself with the wisps deep in the forest." The zashine looked over his body, seeing his skin had mostly healed over night. "You suppose it would be fine for me to take some food and help myself?" He asked Narron.

Winters-Feather

"As long as he doesn't get lost," Narron teased.
He nodded at Ahra's request.
"Yes. Remember, if you need anything, as Kowiha or anybody near by. Don't go walking by yourself," Narron instructed.

With that, he waved good bye and left the hut. Then, ther was the sound of rushing air as he unfolded his powerful wings, and a loud clap as he took off into the sky.

Ferr Windston

Zashine nodded with a chuckle before Narron flew off.  In a moment after he left, the Zashine got up out of his bed before go across the room and took his wrapped sword. With it hidden in the blankets, the man walked over to the hut entrance and walked out. He sat in the front of the hut,  watching the morning people walk by.

He sat there for a few minutes, just dazing in and out of dreams before Sagax came back running, almost in a panting speed. Ahra looked to the spirit with interest before Sagax began nudging for him to get up and follow. It was clear something was going on.

Winters-Feather

When Narron arrived, he was greeted by his friends from the night before. They stood huddled on the decks, their boats still not launched or their nets in the water. Narron's stomach turned at the sight.

"Good morning," he said, minding his manners. He clapped a hand on one fisherman's shoulder.  "What's wrong?"
The men looked at him with concern. They shot  dark looks at the fisherman who was also a hunter.
"HE told a few that you had a sword," Koana explained.

Narron took a step back. It was all a misunderstanding, for sure, but for gossip to spread, even as so early as now, was no good.
"I will go speak to the elders," Narron resolved.
"They are not happy," Koana replied as Narron took off.

Ferr Windston

Rushing from his spot on at the hut, the weakened man still ran in stride toward the coast line. It took a few minutes, forcing Ahra to stop and hold his side in pain. His blood felt thin, and his bones almost like stone. Yet he kept moving, he knew that Sagax would not call him out unless something serious was happening.

The spirit swept through the trees ahead of the Mystic before the view of a ship. The ship was anchored off shore, but smaller boats had been brought up onto land. Men in tattered clothing were  dragging cages and shackles off the boats. They seemed to be pirates, and nasty men in general. Only around five on shore at the moment, but Ahra couldn't be too sure. He was told of people like this by his grandfather and was going to take extra precaution.

Winters-Feather

Narron shuffled through the hot sand towards the elders' hut. In the front was a young woman, pacing nervously in front. She blushed when she saw Narron, said something quietly to herself, and ran away. Narron felt his soul become burdened with stones. This was not going to be a happy meeting.

He brushed aside the hut's flap, his nose instantly hit with the sharp smell of burning wood. A  low fire was being attended by one of the elders. The others sat with concerned faces as they acknowledged Narron. An old women with wispy, white wings gestured for the fisherman to sit.
"Good morning," Narron said, meekly.
Some returned the greeting. An old, bald man huffed.
"We know about the sword," he said. "Narron, you know better!"
The other elders beckoned him to be still.
"Let the boy explain himself!" the woman with the white wings demanded.

Narron smiled weakly, making it a note to catch her an extra large tuna. With the elders' permission, he told the story of how he met Ahra.
"The sword seemed important to him," Narron said lamely. "I didn't want anyone else to find or misuse it."
"It was a very stupid thing to do," the bald man said, his words like daggers.
The elders broke off to mutters and whispers. One old man with a shawl on his shoulders spoke in avery loud voice to be heard over the den. His hair was long and grey, braided neatly down his back.

All went still.

The man turned to Narron.
"Give the sword to us before nightfall," he demanded. "As long as Ahra walks among us, it will remain safely in our possession. If not, we will have to punish you both."
Narron nodded at the wiseman's decision.  In his heart, he knew Ahra would not like this decision, but if that was what the elders have decided it was for the best. They knew better than the stranger. It was their way, after all.
"I will," he agreed.

He mulled over this decision as he walked down the coast. He'd might as well retrieve it now, before he forgot.  He stretched out his wings and took off, embracing the ocean's breeze. Looking down from up high, he noticed a small speck in the distance. He flew towards it, and towards Ahra, to investigate. The shape turned out to be a ship, with men jumping off and pulling out shackles and iron bars.

Strange, Narron thought. They didn't sail to the port.
He wondered if they were simply lost or misguided. That happened with ships sometimes. Narron swooped down until he hovered over the mast.
"Ahoy!" he said in Common tongue, waving towards the best dressed man among them. That had to be the captain.

Ferr Windston

The man, tall with short brown hair looked to Narron. He had clothes which looked like they were made in Serendipity. Like the rest of his crew, they seemed slightly aged and worn out by the sun. He waved with an off smirk. "Oi, Yoreiqian." The Human began walking away from his position at the wheel of the ship. "What can I do for you, Sir?' He asked, gesturing for the others to move along quickly.

The other crew men gave off-centered glares to the winged man, silently muttering among themselves. As they did this, they unloaded more shackles and cages off the ship into smaller boats.

It was at this moment Ahra began to become very suspicious of what these men were doing with so many tools of restraint. This was until a pair of men, who had been scouting deeper in the brush of trees returned to the shore. Finding the Zashine in hiding, one of the scouts sneaked up behind him and hit his head.

With a loud gasp, Ahra feel to his knees and laid unconscious. The two large men picked up his sword and body before leaving the tree's behind them and came into view of the ship.   

Winters-Feather

Narron frowned as he watched men carried cages off of the boat and onto the sand.  He didn't understand why there were cages. To ferry game away? But why would anyone do that? Or... Narron shook his head.
"You should bring your boat to the port... sir,"  Narron said with more authority.
I should go get help, he thought, when a limp figure caught his attention.

"Ahra!" Narron shouted. Without thinking, the bird-man hurled down from the sky and knocked down one of Ahra's kidnappers into the sand.

Ferr Windston

"Take him down, men." The "Captain" called out, pointing to the flying man. His band of crewmen began throwing Bola's at Narron's wings and feet, trying to retrain him from afar. The second man that was holding Ahra threw him to the side. He then pulled out his knife, swiping it at Narron.

From the lower decks, a man slowly ascended upwards. He picked at his ear, cleaning the outward entrance before stepping into the light. "What is all this racket, First-Mate Calopi?" Out came the words of a older man with skin rough enough to pull bark off a tree. His eyes were turning light, and his hair fading into grey at the edges.  His clothes warped and torn.

The first-mate, the man Narron mistakenly took for the Captain, looked to his senor member and pointed to the beach. "Seems we were found out before it was time." Calopi said with a high voice. "Should I act?" He asked.

The Captain sighed before taking out his pipe. "You should have done that moments ago. Do it, boy." The Captain lit his pipe as the First-Mate rose his hands. With them, the water began to rise, and glow faintly. He was beginning to zero in on them, readying to blast them into submission.

Winters-Feather

Narron's heart pounded at the sight of the knife.
I'm no warrior, he found himself thinking as he attacked the sailor. The pirate was shorter, but larger in structure. Narron dodged out of the way of the incoming knife, and kicked the man square in the gut, and pushed him aside.

Narron took that as an opportunity to scoop Ahra up in his arms. He tried to shoot up in the air, but howled in pain as one of the sailors lunged and stabbed one of his wings.  Narron responded by shooting out his wings,  pushing the sailors back.  With Ahra in tow, the sailor shot up into the air, when the sound of rushing waves filled his ears. A spiral of water shot towards the two men. Narron barely avoided the pillar, but it caused him to lose control and stumble in the air...

Ferr Windston

The Captain took out his pipe and glared at his first mate. "Take him down now, Calopi." His voice came off as harsh and with disdain. As his superior commanded, the subordinate did. Curling the water ahead of the stumbling duo. The manipulated mass absorbed the two into it's body before the first-mate quickly reworked with the water. He brought them both over to the ship, and dropped them down before they could drown.

Rushed to them, the crewmen began to bind the bird man's wings and arms. A few piled onto him, forcing him down into the wood of the ship. Ahra, still unconscious, was treated with lighter attention. A single man bound his hands in iron shackles, the same they were about to place on Narron. 

Winters-Feather

Narron shouted  and struggled against the water that bound him, but it was no use.
DAMN, he thought, his heart pounding. He had to go back to the elders and warn them. He had to! But it was to no avail. For the first time in his life, Narron fell from the sky, the water pulling him down. The terror was beyond Narron's comprehension, this feeling of losing control of oneself.  He shouted in pain as his body hit the ground, but as he tried to get up, he found himself held down by a thick crowd of men.

I failed, he thought, his head spinning. He clutched his jaw as he saw Ahra bounded in iron shackles.
"No, no, no," Narron cried through gritted teeth. He began to panic, thrashing and tried to open his wings, but something pierced his neck. He let out a final cry, and drifted off to sleep.

----

When Narron woke up, he found himself in a dark room.  His body ached, and his head felt it was split in two.
"Hey," he croaked, his throat dry.
He tried to move, but he noticed his body felt too stiff. He looked down at his hands. It was dark, but he could make out the shackles that bound his hands, and the ropes that bound his wings to his body.
So that's why he thought. Captured. I was captured.
He groaned in his misery.
"Ahra!" he called out, hoping the man was there.