Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

After A While, Crocodile! [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2014, 02:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Betting on who will lose a limb?!" Persea gaped at the idea and exclaimed honestly, "How barbaric!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Attila gave her a smirk.  "This from the woman having an entire hunt held in her honor," he murmured.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Persea gaped at such a response, her lips falling open wider than before. She turned her face away from him as she gave an indignant hmph.
"This festival has been going on for many generations!" She huffed. "It is a most sacred affair, I assure you, or Hakeshna would not bless such a thing!"
Really, how dare he! Making her appear the barbarian when she was born into this and their Goddess approved!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I only jest, Your Grace," he bowed his head.  "Please, do not take offense."  He was laughing himself, tossing his head back in a great guffaw.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Persea turned pink cheek as she found herself at the butt of his joke.
"Well, forgive me for worrying about Hakeshna!" she said, huffily as she turned her nose away from him. Really now, how rude! But in truth, she felt silly for not realizing it in the first place.

Lion

"Forgiven," he nodded.  "And I hope I am forgiven for making you flustered so.  I can't imagine any of your usual courtiers willing to do such a thing.  Nevertheless, it gladdens my heart to see a smile on your face, a real smile."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She hadn't realized she had smiled (though she was trying to conceal it) so when he called her out on it, she turned to him, casting a glare before she laughed, and it was a full and genuine laugh.
"You'll have to forgive me. I would normally be resting now. It is a rarity when I skip my mid-day rest." And she sighed at the idea and looked away from him, hoping the subject change would keep the topic off of her lips, for she was trying to hide her smile away again- and failing.
And her cheeks were just so terribly pink!

Lion

"So that is your secret.  Frankly I had been wondering how a woman such as yourself would be able to put up with so many of your courtiers trying to weasel their way into your favor and weed their rivals out.  Of course!  You must get your beauty rest!  I hadn't given that much thought before."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Persea found herself gaping at Attila at such a statement, but then a small smile spread across her lips.
"Surely you jest?" she asked, feeling sheepish she even had to ask. "But this life, it's what I was born to do." She really had no other choice....

Lion

"Well, that much I can deduce.  But such trying activities...easily can snatch the youth and beauty of any ruler.  Yet you, you are positively radiant." he said with a gleam in his eye, tone genuine.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At such a compliment, and from such a man, she could not control the color of pink that set into her cheeks, as she found herself gaping at him once more as her heart fluttered. It was so surreal. She knew she was beautiful, it was practically spoon fed to her as what she was made to be-
but for some reason when this man said it-
it well.. well, made her feel different. She shifted uncomfortably suddenly and found herself giving him a bashful smile.
"Thank you, Attila. You are too kind. But I am young. Youth normally breeds beauty."

Lion

"True.  But not in all cases.  My father's half-brother for example has some of the ugliest daughters this side of the oasis.  It will be a miracle by Hakeshna's will should they ever marry."  Attila bowed his head.  "And if it's any consolation, it is a compliment I do not give freely."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Well that didn't help and made her feel even more self conscious. Yes, she was pretty. Yes, she was youthful, but then he went on to make it an even bigger deal the compliment was from him. And in spite of herself, she could not contain her smile.
"Then I suppose I should consider myself lucky. Or perhaps it is you who should? After all, it is not every day any man can simply walk with the Great Shah and get to speak to her in such a way."
And she hope dshe was not too bold in her playful statement, as she kept her grin stretched and toothy across her face.

Lion

"To have the honor to walk beside you?  What man could ask for more than that?" he beamed and gestured to the waters.  "Perhaps you would like to go for a swim, Your Grace?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The heat now crept into her ears as a light fluttering beat within her heart. Oh, if this wasn't obviously flirting, she didn't know what was! And she had charmers approach her before but...
Well, none that elicited the same emotions that Attila had, and she found herself staring at him again before gasping softly and giving an unfortunate shake of her head.

"I fear it would not be proper. I should not get myself in such disarray just for a mild, midday swim." And how improper it might seem! But perhaps... perhaps not, if she too, wished to spend just a bit more time wth him and well, he looked rather nice with the waters gushing all over his ripped body.
Yeah, okay so she had the hots for him, but she tried to conceal it well, even though internally she was gushing over being so close to such a man. And what was it about him? Was it his eyes, his hair?T he way his face was so chiseled?  Or.. his body. She secretly snuck a peak before glancing nonchalantly towards the ocean.

"I fear I had not considered bringing any clothing for such an event, either." Though her clothing, as meager as it was, was still as fancy as ever, twisting around her body in colorful and tranlucent ribbons and gold beads and jewels. Yes.. if she were to swim like this- well..
She would look muhc less perfect than she wanted to before her people-
and one thing she did not want was to end up looking like some drowned rat!

Lion

"I understand completely, Your Grace," he said.  "And I know if you got your garments wet, your servants would raise hell trying to get you dry again.  So I propose an alternative.  Surely if you were to swim with your clothes off, you would save them from ruin."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Persea stared at him, her eyes wide before she laughed.
"Surely you can not be serious. I can not get... get undressed and naked before the whole of Essyrn. Have you gone mad?" And she gave a nervous laugh, hoping he was joking. And if she thought her cheeks were burning before, they were certainly scolding hot now.

Lion

Attila chuckled, but his smile never faded.  "I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't think it could be a good idea.  But you're right.  You certainly cannot display yourself to the bulk of your people.  But perhaps if we continue along the beach to a place more secluded.  Though if you do not want to, I completely understand."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Persea gasped at such an idea, but could not hide her smile.
"Attila! You request something so bold! Surely you must realize I could not be escorted to do such a thing alone."

Lion

"Request!?  It is merely a suggestion!" he breathed a laugh.  "Though, if it makes you feel any better, I could do it with you.  This way you won't have to be so self-conscious."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: