Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's All in a Day's Work

Started by SapphireIceDragon, August 01, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SapphireIceDragon

Where am I even going to start looking? Rose sighed inwardly, hoping that the woman had only lost it. She didn't want to have to confront a thief. Thieves are sly, mischievous, selfish, and...intimidating! They sound so terrifying...I hope I'll never have to meet one...She was getting rather nervous about the whole thing.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much is your trinket worth?" she asked.

"20,000 gold pieces," the woman replied smugly, and Rose's  jaw dropped. 20,000 gold pieces? If she turns me in for a price like that, I'll be seeing bars for at least two months! Her lip quivered slightly. This whole situation is rather unfair, but I suppose I should start searching now, just in case this woman loses her patience...

Dansen

Looking over to the woman, Garreth responded quickly... He waited for Rose to be out of earshot and searching before he found himself over to the woman who was kicking up a fuss, she didn't seem to be anyone he knew, nor did he think she would be so stupid as to try and force something like this against an innkeep and his daughter. "What's your angle, there isn't a trinket that someone like you could lose for that much... Do you want to change your story? Or am I going to have to get physical with you to get this information out of you..." He was not in the mood for a con, nor was he willing to let someone else fall prey to it.

SapphireIceDragon

Rose decided to start her search upstairs. If I don't find this item...She sighed, crouching down to see if it had fallen in any nooks or crannies. She felt along the floor, along the walls...but she found nothing. It would be against the inn's policies to start raiding rooms...but what else am I to do? She hesitated before opening a door. It was empty of belongings, except for the clothes that littered the floor. Am I really going to ransack this person's room? No, I don't think that would be fair...She left the room and shut the door behind her.