Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You can't intimidate me! (Argus)

Started by Daedra, August 01, 2014, 07:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daedra

J'hiqi had just finished up speaking with one of the fences her guild uses to sell stolen goods. She smirked to herself and she walked away from the dingy, out of the way stall. Her auburn hair was in a braid, and it swung behind her like a whip as she walked. Her black armor, didn't even glint in the sunlight, that was the point after all. She would have to stop by the Laughing Jackal later, and give Rii'naav his cut. There was also the need to get the younger members a bit more organized, but that would have to come later.

J'hqi hardly even noticed as members of the crowd darted out of her way. She was notorious for taking action against those that slighted her. Her stormy eyes looked to the sky a brief moment, noting the posotion of the sun. It would hunting time again soon enough. J'hiqi had never really realized that she lacked friends, and even romances. The thought had never occured to her. Her skin was fair, and her hair lusterous. She wasn't ugly in the least, it was her smug saunter, her no nonsense behavior that kept people from getting too close.

J'hiqi stopped as she heard a shout, turning to see what had happened. A merchant was crying thief, and she could see the culrpit running her way, guard close on their heels. With a slight grin to herself, she let the thief run past, sticking her foot out just so. The guard, as predicted, landed face first in the dust. He stood up, angry, about to get in her face. J'hiqi stared him down, hands ready to unsheath the blades across her back. She held her hands up, and smiled. "Sorry, didn't see you there." He sputtered some curses and stormed off in search of the thief. He wouldn't find them now, she knew it. "What kind if idiot steals from the stingiest stall, in broad daylight?" She spoke to no one in particular, shrugged her shoulders, and was about to continue her journey to the nearest tavern.

Argus Kamnus

The tavern in this town was a bit small. Yes, it truly was small, especially for someone so large as Argus the Plundering Orc.

He would not be satisfied by the pale ale they served here. He craved for something more dwarvish, and he deeply respected the dwarves if only for that. He also deeply respected them for their smithing prowess, which could rival that of his kin.

Argus was a proud man, and he never feared flaunting his pride. It often got him into trouble, but thanks to his great size and strength, he could overpower whoever stood his way. Right now, he had no money. He had no concubine in which he could lay his hands on. He had no slave. He was bored. All he had with him were his clothes and his two bardiches (giant axes).

Argus had no coin, and when he approached the barkeep, he asked for a meal and a mug of ale...

Daedra

J'hiqi sauntered into a dinky tavern, one she often visited due to the very fact that it was dingy. The first thing that caught her eye was the massive form of an orc. She hadn't seen him here before. Letting none of that trouble her, she approached the bar, a smirk on her face. "Ale, and quickly." The barkeep knew her well, and he was caught between filling the order of a brutish, and knowing what would happen if he wasn't quick enough to serve his regular ruthless patron.

J'hiqi scanned the orc up and down before laying a coin on the wood of the bar. "I wan't my ale now, barkeep." She barked it at him, making him nearly spill the order for the orc. She finally received her mug, and she drank deeply, before turning to the massive hunk of muscle. "Never seen you here before." It wasn't a question, and it was and obvious statement. She didn't really care if he bothered to answer, but it might make things interesting if he did.

Argus Kamnus

The barkeep went away to grab Argus his ale and his meal. Meanwhile, he heard and noticed a gorgeous woman by his side. He wasn't in the mood to chat. His focus right now was to get some money, by hook or by crook. He was deeply a greedy man, and he'd kill to get what he wanted. And right now, he wanted some money.

He ignored the woman's statement.

"Spare me half your money, lady," he said. "I could use some coin right now."

Of course, he could take the risk and try killing everyone in this tavern. But he knew not the skills of every person. Who knew what expert assassin could strike at any moment's notice? He had to be careful...

Daedra

J'hiqi couldn't help but bark out a laugh at what she was hearing. Did he really just ask for half her money? A thief never gives up her hard earned coin. In fact the only coin she gave up was to her guild master, and that was his right. No, this orc may think he was some tough guy, but he didn't know who he was talking to. "And why in seven hells would I do that?"  She smirked at him, though he  seemed to be ignoring her, other than to ask for coin naturally.

"I can understand the need for coin, orc, but I work hard for mine. You won't get it simply by asking." She was goading him, she knew. She simply found herself in a very amusing conversation.

Argus Kamnus

The most usual thing to happen when Argus would talk to a regular woman, be they elf, human, or half-elf, would be that she'd be so scared that she'd comply to whatever he wanted her to do. Some women found his masculinity to be very alluring, some found it too repulsive. Either way, he got by without having too much problems. Most people who dared make a stand unto him either were severely bullied or were severely hurt.

This woman, however, was different. She was beautiful. Indeed she was. But didn't beautiful women use their charms to seduce? Didn't they rely on their beauty to get out of trouble? Why on earth was she opposing Argus?

He took a second look at her and analyzed to the best of his abilities... And he assumed... She might be a warrior of some kind, or a witch. Perhaps a demon in the guise of an elf?

He wanted to test her...

"I work hard to get my coin too. I cleave people's skulls for a living. Legions of them, at a time. And I am quite good at it. You're just a woman. You will give me ALL your money now."

Daedra

The orc didn't disappoint. He certainly had no trouble using his muscle to achieve his goals. J'hiqi had to take a moment to admire his tenacity, and she downed her mug of ale as he finished his little speech. She set the mug down calmly, then stepped toe to toe with the giant. She smirked up at him, her stormy eyes locking on his. "That may be well and good, orc. I'm not just any woman, and if you continue your little tantrum, I'll cut yer damn tongue out."

J'hiqi had her hands ready to unsheathe her dual swords, she was quick and confident. She knew she could hold her own against him if she had to. "If you think that I'll let you talk to me in that tone, you obviously don't  know who I am." By now, the tavern had almost cleared out, the patrons terrified of a battle between two people they feared.

Argus Kamnus

This woman was obviously no one to bully at. There was sincerity to her voice, and a fierceness to her demeanor. This was truly refreshing.

The last time Argus met a warrior of such courage was when he faced the heroic captain of a barracks that he plundered with his Orcish brothers. He was sold. And he no longer had the intentions of opposing her...

"Calm your blade, woman," he said. "You are obviously an able warrior just by your countenance. I have a deal to make with you."

The tall Orc leaned forward and motioned for the woman to come closer. He wanted to whisper something to her.

Daedra

J'hiqi waited for him to make a move, but his aggression seemed to diminish as he spoke. Still, the half-elf did not lower her suspicion. Greater men had tried to fool her, and greater men had failed. At his words, she stepped back, hand on her hip where her dagger rested.

"What deal could you possibly offer me?" She snapped the words, quick like a whip. Though, the mention of a deal did pique her interested. She wouldn't let him know that though. He leaned towards her, and she stared at him with suspicion. "If you so much as make any movement towards me, I will slice you open and let you bleed out on the floor." She did step forward, despite her words, and leaned in. It was obvious it was something he did not want others to overhear.

Argus Kamnus

It wasn't normal for this Orc to be worried about something. But alas he was worried! He did not fear death. He did not fear yet another potential scar. But he did fear her untrustworthiness. It mattered to him his allies, and he always relied on them in order to hunt bigger game.

Thankfully, she trusted him enough to lean forward. He was glad. An evil grin imprinted upon his face.

"I'm a tough warrior, and this is an easy place to plunder. Let's pillage it and keep the loots to ourselves," he said enthusiastically.

He was especially attracted to the donkeys that were parked right outside the inn. He wanted to be their sole owner, after of course, massacreing whoever owned it first. He also very much welcomed the idea that this woman might be impressed by his manly strength and fighting prowess...

Daedra

What the orc was suggesting wasn't exactly something that J'hiqi would consider. Her guild had a strict moral code, and she followed it to the best of her ability. She admired his tenacity, but she shook her head and stepped back from the brute.

"I'm good and ready to take things that don't belong to me, but I do have a code. What you are asking is beyond what I will do. I admire your strength, but I have to decline pillaging." She smirked at him before speaking again. "I know you have you eyes on those creatures outside. That I can help you with."

She pondered the situation for a moment, and looked up at Argus. "So long as you don't kill anyone, I'll need you to make a distraction. Take into account that should blood be spilled, the guards would be on you in mere moments. I know you can handle yourself, but not against all of the guards in the city."

If he didn't want to follow the rules, that was fine with J'hiqi, she would not kill an innocent person for the sake of their possessions. IF she were threatened, she wouldn't hesitate. If Argus wanted to cause problems, she could take care of him too. She wasn't a fool, she knew the guards in this city well.

Argus Kamnus

Quote from: Daedra on August 08, 2014, 06:57:38 AM
What the orc was suggesting wasn't exactly something that J'hiqi would consider. Her guild had a strict moral code, and she followed it to the best of her ability. She admired his tenacity, but she shook her head and stepped back from the brute.

"I'm good and ready to take things that don't belong to me, but I do have a code. What you are asking is beyond what I will do. I admire your strength, but I have to decline pillaging." She smirked at him before speaking again. "I know you have you eyes on those creatures outside. That I can help you with."

She pondered the situation for a moment, and looked up at Argus. "So long as you don't kill anyone, I'll need you to make a distraction. Take into account that should blood be spilled, the guards would be on you in mere moments. I know you can handle yourself, but not against all of the guards in the city."

If he didn't want to follow the rules, that was fine with J'hiqi, she would not kill an innocent person for the sake of their possessions. IF she were threatened, she wouldn't hesitate. If Argus wanted to cause problems, she could take care of him too. She wasn't a fool, she knew the guards in this city well.

It would be fair to say that Argus was genuinely confused. He understood not the concept of not abusing power, as he was truly brutish.

The woman suggested that she was, in fact, a thief. But she also suggested that she was not a murderer. This truly was the first time in which this man met someone like her.

A thief who doesn't murder, he asked himself. That's like an Orc that doesn't eat meat. Or a dwarf that never drinks ale...

He was glad that she was intuitive enough to understand his desires. He wanted the donkeys, that much was true, and this woman really did understood that, even without him telling her...

"Alright," he said. "Go outside. Once you hear me roar, wait for a few seconds. And then steal the donkeys. I will cause a ruckus. And then I will run fast. Believe me, I may be heavy, but my legs are strong!"

That last sentence was loud enough for the others to hear...

Daedra

J'hiqi could only shake her head at the orc. He was lucky she was around, he was way to boisterous to go unnoticed. He would get himself killed, if he tried to do it the way he wanted. He commanded her to go outside, and she smirked. She would let him pretend he could dictate how she did things, he was getting to loud anyways. If he caused the ruckus, she would be able to steal the smelly creatures before anyone noticed. It wasn't, in her opinion the best way to accomplish a theft, but she could make it work. "Alright, I'll meet you outside."

J'hiqi spun on her heel and left the tavern, she was quiet, and no one noticed her departure. They were all focused on the orc anyways. She thanked the goddess the sun was already departing. it would make it easier to steal the donkeys. She didn't even wait for him to start, she was already untying them. It took her mere seconds to get the knots undone, and she was soon on her way. Once Argus took off, she would lay low and follow his tracks after a while. It was easier for her to find him, than it would be for him to find her. She knew the city like the back of her hand, all the ins and outs. It was child's play.