Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Twice Cursed [Goblin] [M]

Started by Juno, December 18, 2014, 07:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Conrey shrugged at her questions, finding her exasperation puzzling. "Your father said I was family now. I figured it was alright for family to ask such questions. I'm your guardian not someone looking to impress a girl of high society," he explained, rolling his eyes at the way she tried to yell at him, the effect far less menacing than it had probably been meant as.

"Oh, a vampire. I should have guessed," he sighed, determined and right on her heels. "See now. That thinking. That thinking is why I'm here. Why would you wish yourself dead? It's so...so liberating to not be limited by human standards, by a human body, by a human mind," he told her confidently, poking at his temple as if his own should serve as an example.

GoblinFae

"Yesh because being an animal is so much better! And you're not family you're just a servant! A commoner and a fool!" With tears in her eyes, Yasmine bolted through the winding halls, up stairs and towards her now vacant wing of the house where no servant dared enter. She hoped she could lose the wolf once and for all by locking herself in her room where she could cry in the sanctity and privacy away from judging eyes and prying minds that thought being a vampire was a gift instead of the awful curse it truly was.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

He snorted, rolling his eyes at being called an animal. "It's much more sophisticated than you make it sound, I assure you," he retorted, ignoring her jabs at calling him a servant and commoner. He most certainly knew he was common of birth but he had risen and grown comfortable in his strange place in the world.

Conrey followed her easily. Her run was hardly more than a jog to a taller, more fit werewolf. When she made for a door he slammed a forearm against the doorframe and stuck a boot inside to keep her from shutting it on his nose. "Nuh-uh," he scolded, holding the door with his other hand to brace himself against it and squeeze inside. "Now why would you want to hide from me of all people?" he wondered. "You can't hide from this forever. And I'm here to help. The sooner you embrace it the better."

GoblinFae

She groaned at his persistence and instead of responding repeatedly tried to shove the door closed, uncaring that his foot was still in the way of it. Yasmine threw all her pathetic strength at the door in hopes of locking him and the truth out together.

"You're no one and not'ing!" She howled childishly, finally slumping down the back of the door like the child she was throwing a temper tantrum. "I don' know you. I don' wanna! You're not my friend! JUST LEEB ME ALONE!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Wincing at the slight pain in his foot, Conrey quickly finished stepping through the doorway and into her room, shoving the door back against her dead weight at the bottom of it.

He stood in silence, just observing her and listening to her get out her frustration before calmly looking about the room. "I'm sorry, but I must stay with you," he sighed. "This room looks comfortable, though, you should go...lay down. Take a few deep breaths, y'know? I'll just stay right here," he explained as he slid his back down the wall next to the door and sat down.

GoblinFae

"No. You. Mushn't," she growled back. "Kindly wait outside. You are not welcome in a lady's quarters, now you you fiend!" Yasmine jumped to her feet and made to kick Conrey where he sat,  hoping to chase him back out as easily as he had shoved his way in. "Out, out, OUT!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Conrey stared up at her with a blank face, unflinching even for her abuse. "But you are not a lady. You are a girl. And I am not a man, but a servant, a commoner, a fool, and a fiend. So why should it matter to me what you think about it? I'm doing my job," he stated plainly, tucking his feet together.

GoblinFae

Her bottom lip wobbled as Yasmine finally lost it. Grabbing the nearest thing she could reach, she chucked a stuffed bear at his head before racing and flinging herself onto her bed with a belly flop. "I HATE YOU," she howled into her pillow. Although whom she screamed it to she could not say. She did not know if she meant Conrey, her parents, or even herself. Yasmine hated being outsmarted. Every chance she got she had tried to shut him out and already in less than an hour he had managed to shut down her arguments, withstand her "terrifying" displays, and sent her to bed without so much as raising his voice or a finger.

"S'not fair," the child whined into her pillow when the sobs had settled and she was feeling a bit calmer.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He had the stifle a laugh at having a toy thrown at him, but he let her scream and cry without bothering her. He remained on the floor as he had promised and simply observed the lump of her on her bed. He didn't like that she was crying and upset, but it was better than being violent in his opinion.

"Do you...know when we're to leave? For this place your parents want you to go?" he asked her calmly.

GoblinFae

Flopping onto her back and staring at the ceiling allowed Yasmine to finally calm herself enough to be civil. "Tomorrow, or tonight even. The sooner they get rid of me the better. I'm a danger to everyone and everything. I'm not safe-they're not safe with me here so they're sending me away. Why are you such a persistent troll anyway? Trying to get brownie points with my parents? They don't care as long as they're not next on the menu. You're disposable, just a garden tool to be used and thrown away at the end of its use."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Not really caring for her dramatic portrayal of the situation or her analogy for him, Conrey just nodded and said a short, "Thank you." Her parents had indeed seemed fearful of her, but he wondered if they were honestly just as fearful for her. They seemed like good enough people, perhaps a bit spoiling of their daughter judging on her room alone and his own employment, in his opinion, but to him they did not seem like selfish people who feared this young girl.

"So I'm assuming you aren't born of it... How did it happen? Are you alright?" he wondered.

GoblinFae

Yasmine huffed and rolled her eyes. "Brilliant deduction!" She threw an arm over her eyes and shook her head before replying quietly, "if you want to know then ask my parents. I don't want to talk about it." So saying, she rolled to her side, her back to him as she curled into a ball.

"You should find out when we're leaving. I'll stay in my room. You can even lock it to make sure if you don't believe me," she informed him feeling as defeated as she sounded. "The sooner I leave the better for everyone."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He raised a brow, wary of her promises for he did not know her enough to know if she would keep her word. Judging on the behavior he'd witnessed thus far he didn't think he should trust her to stay, but how far could she really go?

"If you're so eager to leave," he shrugged, climbing to his feet and dusting off his pants before turning to carefully open the door. "Please stay, though, like you promised," he added, hoping it would be enough to deter her from trying to escape. The last thing he needed was trouble with her on his first day.

Quietly leaving the room but choosing not to lock it, Conrey headed back down to the area he'd last seen her parents. "Lord Fairchild? Lady Fairchild?" he called gently, having no idea where they might have gone after he'd left with Yasmine.

GoblinFae

The child only grunted in response as she pulled a heavy quilt over her head, refusing to move even after he had left. She would remain true to her word even as she plotted a new strategy of approach against this new adversary.

The Fairchilds popped their head out from the receiving room, their faces crestfallen at Conrey's speedy return. "Well it could not be helped I suppose," Lord Fairchild commented with a sigh. "Thank you for your trouble my good man. I'm sorry we wasted your time. It was good of you to come and try. How much do we owe you for your services?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Conrey approached them with an apologetic smile, feeling bad for needing to clarify information with them so quickly. His expression soon changed to one of confusion, though, at his words. It took him a few moments of awkward silence to realize that he thought that he was quitting already.

"Oh! No! Nonono," he chuckled, fiddling with his pockets nervously and blushing some though he had nothing to be embarrassed for. "You haven't wasted my time at all, honest. I...wasn't planning on leaving so soon. I just... I never asked you. When are we to leave? For this secluded location you wish your daughter to live at?" he clarified.

GoblinFae

Identical waves of relief washed over both adults' faces as they learned it was all a misunderstanding. "Ah well then we had hoped to send you both off as soon as she is ready and you deem it safe enough to travel. My wife and I feel the sooner she is away from these things that upset her, the sooner she can start to find herself again. This whole affair has been mighty distressing to her you see.

"The location itself is a day perhaps two by coach from the city center. It's a quaint little mansion located in the forest which should be able to supply you both with the space and privacy you'll need given your conditions. You'll of course have a footman to assist with getting you settled in before he returns here to us. All of your shared needs will be paid for and provided. Should there be anything else you'll be requiring, you need only write us and we will ensure to provide you with it to the best of our ability as soon as possible. Is there anything else? Other questions perhaps?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He nodded as if understanding but he honestly had no idea what there was to be so distressed about. He figured it had to do with the manner she'd become a vampire. "Well, it sounds lovely. And safe. I've secured her in her room for now," he assured them. "But I would be happy to leave in even a couple of hours if I may be permitted to return home and pack my belongings. Or, if it would suit you better, if we could stop by my home along the way I can get my things then. Whichever you feel most comfortable with," he promised, wanting his employers happy and trusting.

"I'm no doctor, but she seems in stable health, though perhaps a bit hungry." He smiled some and gestured at his teeth. "She's having a bit of a problem with...putting them away. Though I assure you I have no fear of being confined with a vampire," he chuckled.

GoblinFae

The pair wordlessly consulted each other before nodding, wincing only slightly at the mention of their daughter's hunger. It was Lady Fairchild though who answered. "Perhaps it is best if you go home now and pack your essentials. We can always have someone sent to gather whatever else you require, but if she is indeed secure in her room for now then the sooner you go and return, the less likely she is to become bored."

Lord Fairchild interrupted, wrapping an arm around his wife's shoulders. "We still need to come to a feeding arrangement for our dear Yasmine. The true problem however lies in the fact that she refuses to eat according to the diet of her condition. It is how we've ended up in this unfortunate cycle and we're at our wits ends trying to find a way to, for her protection of course, keep this private as well as care for her needs accordingly. I'm sure you understand. If you have no other questions, then you should really be on your way. Feel free to ask anything though. Anything that could be useful to you for caring for our little one will be readily given."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Conrey gave a smile of thanks but continued to listen. He wasn't surprised to hear that Yasmine was refusing to eat properly. That seemed the only thing he hadn't seen from her yet. "Well I can assure you for her health and safety I will do my best to find a solution for that. It might just be the...foreignness of it all. Perhaps she's afraid of it," he shrugged with a slight frown, hoping that would not disturb them further.

"But I will. I'll find some arrangement that suits her. And I will write to you should she need anything or I have any other questions," he promised. "But I think I will be on my way for now, I will return as soon as I am able." With a bow of his head to them he was heading for the front door he'd originally entered their home through, wondering if he should go on foot or if transporting Yasmine was so urgent that he should take advantage of his wolf to get back sooner. He pondered this as he left their home, casting a glance over his shoulder at the windows before starting off in a gentle jog as he pondered a decision.

He was home before he knew it, though, and said not a word to his mother as he passed her to go pack his things and sling the sack over his shoulder. The books weighed on him, but it was manageable. He left as silently as he had come to return to the Fairchilds as dusk burned the sky.

Unsure if he was welcome to just enter again on his own Conrey hesitantly knocked on their door.

GoblinFae

It was Lady Fairchild who opened the door in a frantic hurry, practically dragging Conrey in as she latched onto his arm and moved to shut the door again. "Come in, come in! She's in one of her tizzies again! Yasmine's gone and got some notion in her head that she doesn't need to leave and has barricaded the door. She won't even let us say goodbye! Oh Mister Shaw I'm so sorry it has to be this way," she informed him while trying to lead him to Yasmine's room. "She normally isn't like this I swear!"

Outside of Yasmine's door Lord Fairchild was arguing with his daughter, pleading and shouting to no avail in order to coax his daughter out from her room. He looked towards his wife with a mixture of regret and frustration even as he continued to argue with his only child.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]