Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With My Eyes Sealed In Blood... [M]

Started by TattooedGraphics506, January 31, 2015, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TattooedGraphics506

She eyed him carefully. "Now remember I said trek. Which means you're stuck with me. Got it? No dropping off anywhere until we get there. Yeah? And also keep in mind that there is a ton of danger we could face. I don't want a bear coming along and you run away like a scared little mouse." She said, raising a dark eyebrow. "You're not the only one who is running from something."
     She nodded to the door and walked out into the dawning light. She climbed onto her cart and took the reins firmly in her hands, wanting to get out before people fled from their beds to the market place.

Wicked Basket

Tien wanted to aggressively inform her that he was perfectly capable of defending himself, but he restrained himself. He just followed her out the door and got into the cart next to her without a word.

TattooedGraphics506

"I'm surprised I even spoke to you." She said as she flicked the reins and the cart started forward with a jolt. She pulled slightly to the right to turn the cart around and lead it out of the gates of the town. She then relaxed once they were off the main road, now traveling down the thinner road through the forest.

Wicked Basket

"Why do you say that," Tien asked. "I'm generally thought to be a very approachable guy."

If there was anymore sarcasm in his voice he would have literally choked on it.

TattooedGraphics506

Mae, smiling at his joke, looked over at him. "Whatever you say," She then turned back to steering. Once the forest thickened, and the road became straight, she hooked the reins on two pegs nailed into the cart. Relaxing, she looked up at the sky, even though it was mostly blocked by the canopy of trees above them.

Wicked Basket

Tien merely sat in silence, just him and his thoughts. It was impossible to tell what he could be thinking at any given time, but he was definitely thinking. And he thought long and hard.

TattooedGraphics506

After a while, she began to get curious. "You never mentioned your name." She said, her eyes sweeping over the edge of the forest just off the side of the pathway. She took off her cloak, wearing a tanned leather outfit with a small satchel that seemed to always be attached to her by the hip. Her hair came down like a hurricane, framing her pale face and making her soft, red lips stand out.

Wicked Basket

"You never asked," he replied not even looking her way.

TattooedGraphics506

"It was implied." She retorted, reaching behind her to grab a plush hide of a rabbit. She then laid it across her bare legs to shield them from the breeze. "Anyways, what's your name?"

Wicked Basket

Tien was silent for a moment, contemplating on whether or not to actually give her his real name. Then again, she already knew he was Thanati, so he might as well.

"Tien."

TattooedGraphics506

"Tien," She repeated, letting the syllables roll off her tongue gently. "I like it." She said as she looked over at him. She smiled a little before turning her attention to the sky, her eyes flashing a brilliant color of gold. Her ears tweaked forwards slightly, as if tuning in to something far, but near enough to be dangerous.
     She turned to face him again before saying in a low tone, "Do you fear dragons?" Her lips then curled into a daring smile.

Wicked Basket

"No," Tien replied still not bothering to turn his head. "Why?"

TattooedGraphics506

"You'll see." Maelynn said softly, relaxing on the cart's bench, but now holding the reins tight. The horse stopped and started to throw his head, eyes wild and stamping his feet in anxiety, but the reins held him firmly still.
     Suddenly, a great rumble came from above, sounding as if a volcano were exploding tons of ash and lava into the air... But this was no volcano. All shades of red, orange, blue, purple, yellow, and green flashed across the sky like a tidal wave, crashing through the clouds and blocking the suns' rays. Dragons. Not just a few... But almost like a whole migrating herd. Mae, from the look on her face, was completely intrigued by the dazzling display. Young, old, bright, and dull... All shapes and sizes and colors of dragons. A few even rested among the treetops.
     "Gorgeous," She whispered, more to herself. "I never thought I'd see such a rare sight." She said with a huge grin on her face.

Wicked Basket

Tien looked at the dragons, but was not nearly as impressed by the as Mae was.

"Are you always so easily intrigued," he asked.

TattooedGraphics506

"Life wouldn't be enjoyable if you didn't see all things in a beautiful way." She replied, turning her attention to the horse. She clicked her tongue once, and flicked the reins, and the horse started up into a gentle walk, leading the cart over bumpier terrain. "Life is just so much easier when you find something to live for. Me? I live for the satisfaction of helping people, and to enjoy scenery along the way. It isn't bad to be awed by such simplistic things."

Wicked Basket

"Well I don't have anything to live for," Tien told her. "And in the end, all those simple things won't even matter, so what's the point of even bothering with them?"

TattooedGraphics506

"Just helps me get through the pain of every day. Figured you'd need some advice. Sorry for bringing it up." She said softly, kicking the horse into a faster pace, now trotting over a hillside.

Wicked Basket

"Nothing, but death can stop the pain," Tien said simply.

TattooedGraphics506

Maelynn sighed, sitting forwards a bit as they climbed upwards. Soon, they reached the top, and she slowed the horse down, leaning backwards to keep the cart and the horse steady. "We'll reach the other side of the grassland by sunset. We can head back into the treeline for cover while we rest the horse and get a bite to eat." She said, her eyes joyful with the hope of spending the night under the stars.

Wicked Basket

Tien didn't respond and simply continued his silent contemplation. He really didn't care what they did.