Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With My Eyes Sealed In Blood... [M]

Started by TattooedGraphics506, January 31, 2015, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TattooedGraphics506

As the sky began to turn orangery-pink, Mae finally pulled the cart to a stop and dismounted, taking the horse's lead and tying it to a tree branch. She then unbuckled the straps tethering the steed to the wagon and pushed it backwards, making it jolt and then she lay the front down on the ground.
     She grabbed a few rolled up items and walked over to a small clearing just under the branches of some nearby trees. Then, she laid out the pallets and walked back, grabbing her bow and quiver. "Can you have a fire started by the time I get back? I'm going to go catch some dinner."

Wicked Basket

"I think I'll manage," Tien replied.

He then got to work gathering the necessary materials for a fire. Being a wanderer, he has had to sleep in the woods and build fires for himself many times, so he was well-versed in the art of fire starting. Having a fire going before she returned would be an easy task.

TattooedGraphics506

Maelynn came back a half hour later, the sun nearly set. She carry four rabbits with a well-enough amount of meat. Her bloodied arrows had already been pulled out and cleaned. She now sat on the ground and began to skin the creatures, using a cruel-looking dagger.
     Once she finished stripping the bodies of their hide, she skewered the meat on thin sticks and positioned them over the fire to cook. Then, she laid the skins over a branch to air out. She took a seat on her pallet, the wool inside soft and cushioned, better than any bed she'd ever slept in.

Wicked Basket

Since, Tien had got the fire going in no time at all, he had taken the time to go out and gather some fruits and berries that he knew were edible and had brought them back. He sat and ate quietly as Maelynn cooked her rabbits.

TattooedGraphics506

As soon as the rabbits were cooked, Mae handed one to Tien, then, she remembered. "Oh. Thanatos don't eat meat..." She said softly. She suddenly looked disappointed and turned to eat her own kill. "I'm sorry. I should have thought about it more..."

Wicked Basket

"It's fine," Tien told her. "It's not really by choice, though. I tried eating meat, but my stomach didn't handle it very well."

TattooedGraphics506

She nodded silently. All she could really think about now, was the stars. How many really were out there? She asked herself as her eyes reflected the gorgeous display, flecks of gold starting to dance in her eyes with the silver reflections.
     "Do you think the world will be better one day?" She asked before turning back to Tien and taking a bite of her rabbit.

Wicked Basket

"No," Tien replied. "There will never be peace unless everyone on the planet is dead, because as long as their are at least two people alive, someone is going to want someone else dead."

(OOC Anyone who knows where I got that from will immediately be my friend.)

TattooedGraphics506

She nodded again and took another bite. She finished her meal and threw the bones on the fire, making them crack and sizzle from the heat. She settled down on her pallet and closed her eyes. "When we get to Hyoite, I'll trade the cart and horse for two travel horses. Hardy and strong and ones that have a lot of stamina." She said, curling up on her side. "Get some sleep. We have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow."

Wicked Basket

Tien finished his meal and then just laid down on the ground where he was at. He had grown accustomed to going without basic comforts.

TattooedGraphics506

When morning came at last, Mae sat up and looked around. She stood and packed up her things before kicking out the fire's embers. Tossing the stuff into the cart, she attached it back to the steed. "Ay! Tien. Let's get going. We need to get across this and the next forest before sundown. Otherwise we may be in danger."

Wicked Basket

Tien groaned and got up. He always woke up soar after sleeping on the ground, but that was to be expected. He made his way over to the cart and hopped on.

TattooedGraphics506

She led the horse away from their campsite and through the little wooded area that split the plains in two uneven ways. She hooped back on the cart and started along the path that would lead them to the treeline again, hidden beyond the horizon. It would take them all day, and get more hilly and cold along the way.

Wicked Basket

"How much farther is it," Tien asked after awhile. "I'm not used to sitting still this long."

TattooedGraphics506

"Calm yourself. We'll be there in another 2 1/2 days. Once we get across here and past the next forest trail, we can rest. Then we take a quick trip along the shortest mountain trail, then the frozen land will level out and we have a day's journey from there. It gets very cold. So sleeping on the ground isn't an option. We'll have to sleep on the cart and give a blanket to Brym, here." She said, gesturing towards the steed.

Wicked Basket

"So I suppose now would be the time that I don't have any warmer clothing with me," Tien commented.

TattooedGraphics506

"I have blankets and fur clothing in the back. Take care of it, though. That's what I'll be selling before it gets colder up in Hyoite." She said, studying the treetops that now crested the horizon. It was noon. Half way there already, and they'd hardly spoken until now. "Anyways, what's your story? If you honestly don't want to share, I'll just blab about mine for ages." She said with a smile, glad she had someone to finally talk to.

Wicked Basket

"My story is running for my life," Tien told her. "Running away because I knew I'd be killed if I had stayed. A coward's story."

TattooedGraphics506

"You are not a coward. You are a survivor." She said, turning to gently touch his scarred cheek. "You are brilliant, a fighter, a survivor, and I know, that beneath this film of disguise, that you are kind, and trustworthy, and gentle." She said softly, her voice steady and strong, belief in every word. "Not a coward." She said, a warm, soft smile curving her red lips.

Wicked Basket

Tien immediately turned away when she touched him.

"I'm a victim," he replied. "I did nothing wrong, but they wanted to kill me anyway. And instead of facing them, I fled. I may be a survivor, but brilliant and a fighter I am not. I don't even know what I'm doing here or why I even bother living from day to day."