Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

That which was lost and those who found it (night time) (the shrine) (open)

Started by Yvhv, March 18, 2015, 11:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvhv

She stood there, her monk's attire draping her in soft greys and gentle light blue tones. The grey tunic trimmed in a light blue color was looking soft and yet dazzling in the low light of the crescent moon, the soft colors seeming to meld into the moonlight. Her scales glimmered like rough shiny stones of onyx and ruby, with vein like splits that looked like flowing magma. A faint glow came from these cracks, washing her grey fur in a  soft red light. Both sets of wings were furled up and pressed against the back of this creature, as she admired the place around her.

The large dragon skull and ribs fascinated her. She was examining it closely, trying to decide what kind of dragon it had been in life. As she looked it over, Grerra felt a sense of kinship with the large skull. It was alone, solitary, and strong, and surrounded life. Much like herself. She too, was alone, strong, and solitary, and was surrounded by life. However, not only was she solitary but she was also alone in the world.

That is how she felt, how she saw herself. Alone, unwanted, abandoned, and isolated, even from her own kind. Banished by her dragonic brethren for being a half breed, ran off by her mother's gnollish people for being the offspring of yet another halfbred, and denied solace within the halls of her mother's mother, an angel, she was and felt, as if she belonged nowhere. In this moonlight garden of solemn existence where the dead and the living seem paired beautifully, the living plants draping over the dead dragon,seemed to be the only place she felt welcome, safe, and accepted in the world. She would use her nature magic to converse with the plants, and help them grow, and if there were insects present she would converse with them too. From time to time she would use her talent for nature magic to link with the plants and for a day, as her body meditated be one of the plants. and as he did so, she would open and expand her mind, reaching out to any who would answer her call.

She frequented this holy place often, and a few times, she fell asleep gazing into the eyes oft he great dragon skull. as she slept however, she would be plagued by nightmares and visions of her past. The horrid things she had seen in war, the battles between herself and others playing out in her mind, and her regret over each death that was metted out by her.

on this particular night though, there would be no sleep. there would only be calm stillness, and her calm breathing. She sat; facing the great dragon skull and closed her eyes. Then released herself from her cares and expanded and opened her mind, and once again, sent out the resounding psychic call  from her mind, into the minds of others

"someone, please, find the lost and lonely"

Wicked Basket

Of all the places that he travels too, Adela is definitely one that comes to more often than others. Mostly because Adela hosted more tournaments than anywhere due to their slightly more warlike nature, but Gen wasn't one to judge. Instead of taverns, he preferred more peaceful places where he could relax and meditate. The Sanctuary in Ketra was the perfect place for that.

As he strolled inside he heard a voice. Someone else was in there as well. They sounded sad. Gen soon found the source of the sad voice standing by the remains of a dragon.

"What's troubling you," he asked.

R.R. Pebble

Sempiira was hiding. She couldn't say how long she had been hiding. It had been a long time. She was tired, but she didn't dare fall asleep. If she fell asleep another dragon might come.

She had seen the monk come in, but she hadn't dared approach. A monk would take her to be a student...

But now someone else was here; maybe he could help her out of her impossible situation.  She pulled an apple out of her pocket and began chewing as she watched to see what happened.

Yvhv

Grerra, hearing a voice behind her stood up and turned to face it. She saw something she confirmed as possibly male, and more than likely blind, as they were in phased by her dragonic and gnollish visage and by the faint glow her scales made. The question they asked was simple and yet complex. So much and at the same time so little would have been her usual answer. But in these circumstances she gave another.

"My heart is heavy with the rains of past storms, like a trough overfilled by a farmhand in the morn. My despair runs over the edge of my mind and drives me to darkened thoughts. I thought abiding here in this place of peace would calm me...but alas no such avail. Instead seeing the visage of one of my kind in such a way, displayed for all to see and not as a mound or hill or mountain disturbed my heart and sent it yon.

Wicked Basket

Now that was quite an answer. Gen took a look at the speaker with his Air Sight. She seemed to have fir.....and scales? And wings....two pair? She was an extraordinarily unusual being nothing like Gen had ever seen. However, she obviously had no ill interventions. She needed guidance.

"Simply coming to a peaceful place will not put your mind at ease," Gen told her with a warm smile. "To be truly at peace, you must be at peace with yourself on the inside."

Yvhv

Grerra mulled over his words, absorbed them, and sighed. She sat inside the skull of the large dragon, and picked a single flower.

"To say "Be at peace" when a being such as i exists, having no home nor family, is likened unto telling a blue sky "become red" or an apple "become pink". it has been 100 years since i decided ot travel this world again. Things are darker now than before. Humans kill each other over patches of dirt and rocks, peasants die of disease and starvation, while nobility grow fat and vile. magic is frowned upon, and in some places, where magic is found, those that have it are killed without mercy. And now here, i find a fellow dragon's corpse, not as it should be, a hill or mound or mountain, but a pile of bones, desecrated."   

When the word desecrated is spoken, a large amount of venom is spoken int he word, and a feeling of malice emanates from her calm tone. it is clear, that the treatment of the dragon's remains is to her, on some level, sacrilege and vile.

Wicked Basket

"The world is indeed a terrible place," Gen agreed. "Wars, bigotry, disease, death. But the world in which we live does not have to define who are. That is our choice. You can chose to join the chaos that surrounds you, or you can choose to be something more; something better. Good people can be found in the most terrible of places where you would least expect them to be."

Gen paused for a moment in thought.

"Take me for an example. I was born blind and my father left me because he saw me as a disgrace for my blindness and believed I could never follow in his footsteps as a master swordsman. I am now one of the greatest bladesman in Le'raana. I didn't have to be though. I could have given up. I could have accepted my fate and became one of those blind, helpless beggars you find on city streets and remained the disgrace my father claimed that I was. We don't have to listen to the world to tell us who we are, or how we're supposed to feel, or what we're supposed to do. We choose our own path.

"So tell me, what is it you want in life?"