Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

JackieCat's Wants and Limits

Started by JackieCat, April 11, 2015, 11:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

PLAYER WANTS

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
Most plots I'm fine with, but I really like adventure and conflict, especially with two morally conflicted characters!  I'd possibly do some slice-of-life stuff, but I'm not very good at it!  (I'll usually end up throwing in a bandit attack to liven things up! :P)

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
Excessive violence and I am not comfortable writing intimate love scenes/sex.

How often can you reply to any given thread?
It depends.  Sometimes, I'll post a lot for a few days straight, then there'll be a few days where I don't, followed by a few days that I do. Generally I'll reply at least once a day or more. If its been a  long time and I haven't replied to a thread, feel free to PM me a reminder, don't worry, I won't mind!

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
If I have to wait? A month, well, actually forever if the other person PM's me with a reason they can't reply for a while.  Of course, I would rather not have to wait long, but everyone has a different life and times a day they can be RPing!

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
Nope, forum posting is the best for me.

Are you open to post volleying?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other. If so, what's the best way to set that up?)

Yeah, most of the time I'm for it, it's fun!  I haven't really ever set one up, but I'm game for it! So if you want to set one up, just PM me!  I love post volleying!

Anything else?
Like I said probably a million other times on this post, no excessive violence or intimate love scenes and sex. 

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

Minor things are okay if your character has, like, some really powerful skill or something.  Your character can put their hand on my characters shoulder, or grab them, but I would have the right to have my character pull away from that grip and get out.  As for fighting a punch might be fine, but I would rather have something along the lines of:
(Insert Name Here) aimed to stab (Insert Name Here) in the leg and hoped for a hit. Rather than: (Insert Name Here) stabbed (Insert Name Here) in the leg.
Also, please don't take control of my character as in what they say, think, feel.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

I am really looking to write some romance!  And romance is fine, but not too intimate.  I haven't written much love up to this point and would be really exited to RP some!  Organic relationships are good, but pre-plotting would be fine as well.  Love triangles are fine too.  Age differences?  I would prefer to have characters who have romance to have about the same lifespan, give or take a hundred years.  As in, I wouldn't want a twenty year old normal human in love with a 5000 year old other being.  I don't find the actual age difference weird, just that they will die at such different times, but if one were to somehow change their lifespan, that'd be plottable (depending on if we want to change our characters!).  I am also open to any pairings, LGBTQ+, heterosexual, ect.

What are your limits in regards to sex?
(Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)

Not something I'm interested in.  I don't write it and I don't want to have it heavily suggested in threads I'm participating in.  Of course, if two characters fall in love, and the thread takes place over a matter of months (IC) or something, it can be said that a person is pregnant, but not play out the exact sexual interaction. If my character and your character are in a relationship, and you think one of them should become pregnant, let me know, and I'll probably agree!  To sum it all up, I am perfectly fine with kissing and moderate touching, as well as flirting, (even shamelessly XD), but all in all, more innocent stuff.  PM me if you're not sure, I'm sure we'll be able to come up with something that appeals to both parties!

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

Yes, but I'd like to discuss it first.

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
(Are you comfortable with violent scenes? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)

Battle scenes are fine, but I don't want excessive violence, torture could be implied, fade to black, but I would rather it not be played out in excessive detail.

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
(Are you comfortable with such themes? Do you prefer to avoid them? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out?)

For rape.  No.  Don't want it implied, faded to black, or played out in any threads I am participating in.  No thank you.

As for abuse, I am okay with a little verbal abuse, and it being mentioned, but that's about it.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
(Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?)

I'd like to be asked and then I'll decide, it depends on the situation completely

What about healing?
(For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.)

Ask me, and then I'll decide, same as the question above.  If its something really small, like a cut, then just do it, and I'll decide if it works or not!

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)

Not that I can think of!
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor