Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Heart of the Sun, Blood of the Moon

Started by Ethereal-Star, April 11, 2015, 09:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

[Open by request]

The vampire slayer knelt down at the shrine to Fyarion, the Night Stallion. Rhianne always did this before embarking on a vampire hunting quest for the guild as she found it strengthened her resolve, as it did some of the other members. Praying to the horse deity of night and stars, she carefully put down an offering of a carved wooden star that she had purchased at one of the market stalls. The item wasn't worth much, only a few coppers but to Rhianne it would serve as an ample gift for her purposes.

A few moments later, she stood up and brushed off her leggings with armored knee pads on them and began to walk away from the quiet area. The Slayer had a job to fulfill and she intended to get it done with as little fuss as possible. There was a couple vampires that had been spotted the previous night and she was sent out to take them down. Two wasn't a problem for her to handle, heck even three wasn't too many. More than that, she would likely require some backup.

First though, she had to find them and she had one clue on which to go by, provided by a helpful older citizen. The wrinkled old woman had pointed out that she saw at least one to have gone a little ways east, past the cobbled roadway with a simple wooden sign near a rose bush. Other than that, that was all the help she could provide. Rhianne had thanked her and with a curt nod, told her to keep safe and stay off the streets at night. The woman had smiled and told her in no uncertain terms not to worry about little ol' me. Rhianne didn't know whether the woman wasn't fully aware of the dangers these creatures posed, if she was simply being naïve to the whole matter or what.

Heading in that general direction, holy sword sheathed at her side with a couple small containers of holy water and a metal cross latched onto her belt, Rhianne soon arrived at the indicated rose bush and looked around for any further clues that may point the way. Evening would soon fall and she wished to get there as soon as possible.

visualspice

He had a job to do, but don't we all? But this one took him far from home. Not that he minded, Serendipity had an eclectic bunch of colorful women, and even if it were just his eyes, he liked to indulge. But his afternoon nap recharged him considerably, so as the sun was beginning to set, he started on the road again, hoping to make it to the nearby town before dark.

After all, he didn't want to look anymore vampire than he was. Than again, the only thing that gave that aspect away was the subtle feral look in his eyes- and well, his fangs, when he exposed them. But his smile was charming never the less, so fangs aside, he never stopped smiling. Perhaps it was for this reason people never accused him of being a vampire. After all, there was no proof to such a matter, and as far as most knew during his passing of their town, his hands were clear of blood.

But that was hardly true. His hands had enough blood on it, but he liked to refer to it as vermin blood. Wicked humans, after all, were easier to kill if he saw them as rats, and when not preying upon Rats, like he usually did, criminals (most like himself!) were the best ones to feast on-
After all, they normally deserved it. It was only when he was starved did he ever go crazy enough to eat an 'innocent'. He did have some morals, after all. Perhaps that was the last bit of humanity he had left.

But being human... ah, that he missed, and as he slowed down at a wooden sign near a rose bush, he took a moment to study it, and the buds that were about to bloom. And he noted they were yellow.

Yellow Roses.
Yellow roses had been her favorite.

OOC: And in enters Dao'bachpa!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

Red hair flowing behind her in a ponytail, chocolate brown eyes scoured the area in which she was in, searching. Searching for any sign of an undead monster having come this way. Having passed the yellow rose bush a little ways back (she much preferred orchids by the way), Rhianne put one foot in front of the other, when looking down she noticed something odd. There on the grass by her feet, was what looked like a small brooch. She picked it up and examined it carefully. It was made from a soft white material but not so soft that it would crumble in one's hands. It was carved into the shape of a heart, a red jewel in the center of it.

Rhianne furrowed her brows as she studied the object, wondering what it was doing there. Someone must have dropped it. Turning it over, she glanced at the back. The initials R.Z. were carved into the back, and underneath that a short message was scribbled. "To my dearest Rosa. May our love be eternal. Your sweetheart, Benigald." Rhianne pocketed the brooch and continued on. Perhaps later she would find out who it belonged to.

Something caught her eye then, a wisp of cloth turning around a corner then. Glancing that direction, the vampire slayer headed that way and soon came upon a man crouched on his hands and knees upon the ground, as though he were looking for something. "Where's the precious?!" he hissed in a snake-like voice. "It must be here! It must!" Then the man looked up, red eyes aglow as he stared at Rhianne, face twisted in a snarl as his fangs showed clearly, rage and madness in equal measures on his pale white features.

Vampire. Rhianne was already in motion, sword unsheathed and racing towards the creature even as he abandoned his search and rushed towards her, snarling like an animal ready for blood. He made to rush her straight on, but Rhianne merely kicked his legs out from under him and swung her sword in a glowing yellow-white arc of holy power towards his undead black heart.

It was over before you could say 'done'. The vampire screeched in agony as the sword pierced its heart and abruptly disintegrated before her eyes, withering away like a plant in fast motion. Something on the ground nearby caught her eye again, and after sheathing her sword, she went over there to take a look, bending down to see what it was. A book. No, it was actually a journal or diary. She flipped through the yellowed pages coming to the last entry which was apparently written yesterday night.

I know it's here, it has to be! Blast it all! Curse my luck! I will find that brooch if its the last thing I do, I swear it! There was more written there, but Rhianne couldn't make heads or tails of it as the words themselves were written haphazardly, as though someone had lost their temper. Or likely their sanity, really. Ramblings of a madman filled the rest of the page before ending abruptly, as though he had forgotten what he was doing, writing in this book his thoughts. It had to have belonged to the vampire she just slayed. Remembering the brooch in her pocket, she flipped to an earlier entry and continued reading.

My beloved Rosa. Oh my beloved lady of the stars. Rhianne had to stop here and literally roll her eyes before she could continue. How thee is more fair than all the beauty in the world. I shall confess my love to her, and then make her a vampire just like myself. I cannot live without her. The eternity I should bear without her is just plain unthinkable. She will be mine and we will live a happy undead existence together, feasting on the various meals that inhabit the world. It will be a glorious time for both of us! Yes, I can see it now. My dear Rosa...

Rhianne felt like she wanted to gag at this, and dropped the book as though it burned her. However, she quickly picked it up again and flipped to a different page. This one gave some details on their life or rather, their unlife together, as her transformation had apparently been carried out. They had lived for many a decade together before his beloved was slayed by 'those cursed Warriors of the Sun guild'. He went on to call them murderers and life thieves. Rhianne snorted at this and grew angry. You are certainly one to talk. she thought darkly at the journal.

As the years went on, the writer who penned these words began to fall into madness, apparently not able to live without 'his beloved Rosa.' Scribblings of 'my precious' were written throughout and at times Rhianne had trouble distinguishing whether he was talking about her or the brooch of hers she once owned that he constantly referenced throughout. The vampire slayer decided it didn't matter. The words got more and more frenzied and finally Rhianne decided that was enough. She also held onto the book, putting it into her bag although she had no idea why she did this. Perhaps it could give a clue to the whereabouts of other vampires, as unlikely as that seemed to be.

The red-haired vampire hunter continued on. There was still another vampire spotted around these parts and she would find him or her before the night was through. It was already dark outside, no surprise since she had just slain a vampire. She began to head back the way she had come, back to the yellow rose bush to see if her luck would improve even more. After all, it was always nice to rid the world of these vermin... And so with that, her footsteps hurried as she came closer and closer to the flowering bush.

visualspice

Moments before the red haired woman arrived, he lit up a cigarette- a vice that still stuck with him, even in the undead. But it was getting dark, and despite this being the hour of vampires, he was getting tired. Being awake and active during the light drained him, and in an odd sense, made him feel more human.

But he had little time to dwell on the cigarette, or even the color of the roses when someone approaching caught his eyes and he smirked.
"Lovely night for a stroll," and he gave her a nod and took her in. One thing nice about being a vampire was his acute senses, and he used those now to take in her form, but couldn't help but notice something smelled... strange.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

Walking briskly down the path towards the rose bush, Rhianne stopped when she noticed a man standing near the yellow flowers, smoking a cigarette. While she did not immediately identify him as a vampire then, mostly because of his browned skin which for a vampire was highly unusual and nearly unheard of anyway. Still something seemed not right with him and as a result, her skin crawled with a sense of wrongness.

The Sun Blade eyed him warily as she resumed her walking again, but more slowly this time. Rhianne said little to him as she passed, only a brief nod and hello his way. His words for some reason she could not fathom, disturbed her. While as a vampire hunter, it was of no issue to be out at night, his casual manner about a nightly stroll just didn't sit well with her, her senses telling her 'beware.' So with those feelings at hand, she decided it best to stick around and watch him, but not making it obvious either. After all she could put on the guise of simply 'being out for a stroll' as he put it, sword and other vampire hunter tools on hand as well. Yes, she definitely needed to keep an eye on this man, whoever he was, and just patrol around the area to see if he did anything suspicious or of a violent nature.

Rhianne stopped again near the sign post, studying him with a discreet eye before continuing on, her walk slow and calculated but not overly so. She walked several yards away, nearly out of sight turning a corner as she did and stopped once more to pretend to examine something in the bag she carried over her shoulder. All the while keeping both ears open for any potential trouble. Unless the man had acute senses and night vision, she didn't think he would be able to see her from where she was at. But again, the vampire slayer remained cautious all the same.

visualspice

To any other person, they would have believed the woman to have gone. But Dao's heightened sensed not only allowed him to smell precisely how far away she was, his eyes could also see, crystal clear in the dark. Taking in a drag, he exhaled the white smoke towards the moon. He could tell she faked interest in the sign, considering it was the sign for the town she just exited. And able to smell the perspiration in her, he wondered what she had been up to. He couldn't smell any scents of sex on her, nor pheromones meaning she was in heat. But that didn't stop him from calling out to her, despite the distance.

"If you're not doing anything, can I buy you a drink?" He had seen how she looked, and she was smoking hot. He'd be a fool not to flirt and try his luck.

Ethereal-Star

When the dark-skinned man called out to her, Rhianne looked up from her 'rummaging' around in her bag, looked his way and frowned. Being a human, she could only see a dark shape near the rose bush, smoke trailing from his hand as he smoked on his cigarette idly. There was definitely something to be wary of here. Rhianne had no doubt now.

She didn't respond at first, assessing what she should do. He wasn't attacking her or anybody else, and she still didn't place him as a vampire, so attacking him out of the blue seemed like a crazy, reckless thing to do. Something that her guild didn't rightly approve of. Recklessness could get a person killed. Or worse. While the red-haired vampire hunter sometimes did act in less than intelligent ways, she for the most part tried to be careful. If something wasn't working out, it was time to retreat, rest up and heal, then try again later. An enemy couldn't be beat if one were dead after all.

As to why Rhianne was thinking these things now, it was clear to her something was off about this situation, this man. While it wasn't illegal to be out on the road at night, it wasn't necessarily a smart thing to do either. Unless one could defend themselves from vampires and other baddies of the night, staying inside tended to lengthen one's lifespan. Not to mention she still felt an aura of wrongness surrounding him, as though he were a different kind of predator, but still a predator nonetheless.

Narrowing her brown eyes at him, Rhianne cautiously drew nearer to him. His suggestion of a drink was appealing, just not with him. Rhianne was planning on doing so after her patrol later before she reported back to the guild HQ, then headed home for the night. So all she said to him was, "I'm rather busy tonight, I don't have the time." Still keeping her senses honed in case of some trick he had up his sleeve.

visualspice

"Busy hunting fireflies?" He asked, flashing her a grin in the darkness. He flicked the collecting ash from.his cigarette. "Well, don't stay up too late." He went on, casually, his voice laced with just the hint of some strange accent. "But if you change your mind, I'll be at the Hog's Trough." And after finishing the last drag on his cigarette, he cast it aside, and stomped it out with the heel of his boot. And with his hands in his pockets, he made his way towards town.

Ethereal-Star

Rhianne froze as he flashed her a grin. Was that the hint of fangs she saw there? It was difficult to tell in the darkness though. His casual comment about her catching fireflies made her scowl. No, hunting bad guys. Like you probably are one. she thought. Of course she had no proof of this, just her uneasiness. Normally vampires were not hard to detect as they readily displayed their fangs and blood lust. Not to mention their pale waxy countenance being one of the tale-tell signs that they were no longer among the living. This man before her showed none of that, at least from what she could easily tell.

Rhianne watched him go towards town, on his way no doubt to this 'Hog's Trough.' It was where she was planning on going too after she finished her search, but now that he was going to be there, she was torn between going there as well and not going. Going there to simply keep an eye on him, while not going to avoid his obvious advances toward her. As the dark-haired man walked off, her uneasiness slowly grew in the pit of her stomach like a dead-weight. And she hated that feeling. It made her feel helpless, and she was NOT helpless. She was a vampire slayer, for Pete's sake! No, she would go there if just to keep tabs on his activities. If he was indeed what she thought he was, he would soon meet the dirt in a very unpleasant way. First things first though.

She made to continue her hunt for the other vampire, all the while thinking that she had already found her quarry. The night wore on, the moon partially obscured by clouds with only a few stars out to help guide her. It was important that she find this creature and put an end to it. It was her duty as a slayer after all. And she would not fail.

visualspice

Dao hadn't realized just how hungry he was. Though travel could do that to a person, even a vampire, no less, for their speed was unmatched in their human counter parts, and the lightly cooked steak dripping with blood was heavenly. The mead complimented it nicely, and only a few drinks in and he was drunk, and idly using his finger to wipe up the remaining steak blood from his plate and then licking it off. As he looked around, he wondered if the strange woman would meet him. But seeing how nearly an hour, perhaps more, had passed, he was a bit put off, internally, that his invitation had been ignored.

Oh well, looks like he was sleeping alone tonight. Too bad the workers in this place were all men. And when he inquired, the only female employee was off for the evening to attend a cousin's wedding to the East.

Figures. So he simply ordered another drink, and got himself a room key. The last room- how convenient.

Ethereal-Star

After searching for who knows how long, Rhianne decided it was time to call it quits. There were no other vampires around these parts. Still, she couldn't help her thoughts from turning to the dark-skinned man with the cigarette and how he was probably the one she was out to hunt. So with that settled, she headed on over to the Hog's Trough tavern and asked the barkeep there if a dark-skinned man with black hair had come in at all that night. The barkeep answered in the affirmative.

"Why, yes as a matter-of-fact, someone by that description did indeed come in some two or three hours ago. Out for some hanky-panky then?" The well-muscled barkeep grinned at her playfully, winking.

Rhianne could only scowl at this. "No". she said simply. "This is for matters of business only." She then ordered an ale as she sorely needed one.

The barkeep only shrugged and said, "Whatever miss. Ain't none of my biz." And he quickly procured her the drink she ordered. Rhianne drunk it down in a few gulps, then ordered another one, this one she drank more conservatively. After all it wouldn't do to get drunk, now would it?

As the beverage slid down her throat, she exhaled out a breath and looked around once more. The man had either left or had decided to rent a room. Either way, it looked like she wouldn't be able to keep an eye on him after all. As she sat there brooding, one thought kept whirling around in her head about the man she was looking for. After all why else would she be looking for him? And it was definitely not for some 'hanky panky.' The thoughts of 'he's a vampire, he's a vampire', refused to leave her mind at all that night.

Finishing her second drink, the red-haired slayer got up and left the tavern then, heading back towards the guild HQ to report her partial progress. After that, she headed home and promptly fell asleep, thoughts of 'he's a vampire' still echoing in her mind even as she drifted off.

visualspice

The next morning, the barkeep ended up dead, and the whole town was in a frenzy.

"Vampires!" It was declared, or rather, at least one vampire, as the lethal fang marks on the man's neck indicated it couldn't be anything but. And just about everyone in the town had come out to see, and it made everyone just about scared out of their wits!

Dao'bachpa was among the crowd, watching the curious collecting and assessment of the body as he enjoyed a morning smoke. He wished he could have slept longer, all of this activity had woken him up. So he stayed over near the edge of the crowd, simply listening in to what everyone had to say, and allowing that to amuse him- at least for the moment. He was really too groggy to do much else. And he had a bit of a hang over, which was quite the feat for any vampire. Then again, he was't sure how much he had drank....

Ethereal-Star

The red-haired vampire hunter was also amongst the crowd, as were some of the other Warriors of the Sun guild members, Lia one of the two others also checking out what had happened. Word had spread fairly quickly and so Rhianne felt it her duty to also be there. Considering the fact that she had even spoken to the man last night, the slayer couldn't help but feel somewhat responsible for his demise. If only she had taken out the monster who did this, the barkeep would still be alive.

Her thoughts kept returning back to the mocha-skinned man with the cigarette. Rhianne still suspected that he was a vampire and that he must have been the one who did this. Her hands clenched at her sides. If only...

Her guilty thought was interrupted though as she thought she caught a glimpse of someone familiar. The crowd then parted a bit to reveal that same man with the black hair. Now in the daylight she could tell his hair wasn't completely black, but highlighted with streaks of teal or turquoise green. However that wasn't what struck out at her the most. The fact that he was even out and about during the daylight hours seemed to disprove her suspicions of him being a blood-sucking fiend. After all vampires couldn't exactly walk about in the sun, now could they? Or so she thought. Still, there was that ever present tension within her, regardless. Perhaps he wasn't a vampire then, but something else just as bad. Rhianne was really only trained to hunt vampires though, but that's not to say some occasional demon slaying wasn't in their repertoire either. Lesser demons that was.

Shaking her head, Rhianne turned back to assess the dead man's neck wound, inspecting it as though it could tell her where the vampire that did this had gone. Her fists tightened again. She was going to find that creep and kill it, she had to. If she didn't, then one of the other guild members would. Someone would see to it.

After some more minutes had passed, Rhianne decided she needed a breather, some time to think. No doubt a guild meeting would be held today to discuss this tragedy. First though, the vampire slayer needed some alone time. Walking away from the scene, she found a bench near the town fountain and sat down, head in hands. Guilt once again plagued her mind and she found herself a little bit angry. Not just at the vampire but also herself as she could have prevented this. If only she had tried harder... Then none of this would have happened.

visualspice

She wouldn't have heard him approach, or if she had, it seemed she didn't notice, but soon his shadow loomed over head as he extended out a hand with an unlit cigarette.
"Care for a smoke?" And he smirked at her. "Looks like you could use one. Or maybe even a drink."

Ethereal-Star

Lifting her head at the newcomer's voice, her inner debate having been interrupted, Rhianne nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw the mocha-skinned man before her, a hand outstretched to offer her a cigarette. There was still that feeling of something not being quite right with him, something unnatural. Still he couldn't be a vampire, being out during the day like this, so she tried to relax her rigid posture and shook her head no at his generosity.

Rhianne tried not to make a habit of smoking or drinking, as it not only wasn't healthy, but she had to keep up a certain reputation being part of a vampire hunting guild. Smoking and drinking in excess while not forbidden outright, it wasn't encouraged either. Besides she really only did so when she was feeling stressed or under the weather. Like now. She sighed heavily, and was about to change her mind, then remembered who was talking to her. For some reason, despite his obvious friendliness she didn't trust him. It was as though something were prickling at her consciousness telling her to keep her wits about her around this guy. She had a feeling things could go down south for some reason. The red-haired woman wasn't exactly the most charismatic person either as life had taught her that things often happened that were far from being fair. Her friend who had gotten killed for instance. Thinking about that past incidence always made Rhianne bitter, and less sociable around others.

So the slayer sat and stewed in silence, not bothering to make small talk with the stranger, who she still didn't trust. What would be the point? Instead she tried to discourage him to leave her alone. "I'd rather be alone, if you don't mind."

visualspice

Dao placed his own cigarette between his lips.
"You know that guy? The inn keep. The one who got killed?"

Ethereal-Star

When the black-haired man did not leave her alone like she had hoped, Rhianne frowned and started to get a little annoyed, but held her tongue in check. The vampire slayer sighed. "No, I didn't know him. But I should've been there to prevent his death."

As Rhianne still did not trust the man before her, she purposely chose not to reveal anymore than what she already had. Not knowing why she got that aura of danger sense from him, as he looked human enough. But then again, looks could be deceiving.

Fiddling with her hands, the red-haired vampire hunter looked down at her lap, purposely avoiding his gaze which she could feel upon her. It made her skin crawl as well. Rhianne hoped he would tire of this conversation and leave her in peace. She didn't feel like talking at the moment.

visualspice

"Oh, you some agent for the town guards or something?" He tapped some ash aside, eyes still upon her. "Either way, you shouldnt blame yourself for what an animal did."

Ethereal-Star

"I'm a vampire slayer!" Rhianne suddenly snapped. "I should have killed the fiend that did this!" The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them. Rhianne got up then. "Excuse me." And she turned to leave.

visualspice

"Vampire slayer?" The man smiled at her disappearing form. "So you think it was a vampire that did this?"