Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Heart of the Sun, Blood of the Moon

Started by Ethereal-Star, April 11, 2015, 09:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Straightening back up, Rhianne glared at him. "I have business to attend to, and you will NOT stand in my way." She made to walk off then, not sparing him another glance.

visualspice

Dao winced as she began to walk away, nursing at his nose.
"That woman...." He shook his head. "She owns a mean right hook." And out of instinct, he looked at his hand to see if his nose was bleeding, then found himself laughing. "Right..."
Vampires didn't bleed!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

The red-haired slayer stalked off angrily, intent on making her way to the guild HQ. She was likely going to be late to whatever meeting was currently being held, and all thanks to that infuriating vampire who thought he was hot stuff. No, he wasn't, her mouth a thin line of annoyance as she moved further and further away, checking to make sure he wasn't following her.

After she talked to the guild leaders, they could then form a plan on how to dispose of this creature, this strange vampire who was able to walk in the sunlight. Rhianne had never heard of or encountered such a phenomenon before now, but perhaps some of the others had... After all that had been dealt with, she could rest easier. But not before.

visualspice

She'd barely make it out of the town square and there he was again. He was no longer nursing at his nose, and leaned casually against a nearby building as he looked at her.
"Tch... Think you can hit a man and simply walk away?" He looked her over with a frown before rolling his eyes. "And here I thought women knew better. Were taught to be all proper."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

Would this creature just not leave her be?! Rhianne stiffly turned to face him, brown eyes finding no humor in this situation whatsoever. "You are no man." Calm but fierce words of certainty are what the slayer spoke, eyes trained on him with disdain evident.

Clenching her fists, she continued. "Apparently that hit to the nose wasn't enough. Need I go for a more sensitive area instead?"

visualspice

"I thought you were some big, tough vampire hunter. Shouldn't you know most of those tricks don't work?"

Ethereal-Star

"If I had my sword with me, you wouldn't still be talking, much less standing there!" Her expression was irate, and she glared at him with all the animosity she could muster. "So I'm forced to use what I have available to me! And I don't see why I need to explain this to you, you're nothing, a vile creature who hurts innocent people! Just stay out of my way and leave me alone!" Rhianne shouted loudly, her chest heaving from the effort of trying to maintain some semblance of control.

Glaring for only a second longer, she stormed off yet again, hoping he would take the hint and stop following her! But somehow she doubted he would, as the slayer was coming to expect the very real possibility she may not be able to get rid of him before making it to the guild.

Gods-forsaken vampire, if only I had my sword...

visualspice

And she was right. He was following right behindher, but keeping a safe distance.

"For someone that doesn't even know me on a personal level, you sure presume a lot."

Ethereal-Star

For the love of Fyarion... Rhianne cursed inwardly. Stopping short and whirling around, the red-head seethed, her anger clearly visible. "I don't need nor want to know you! Your kind are all the same!"

As the vampire was too far away to kick him where it hurt, or even to get out her silver cross at her belt to ward him off, Rhianne turned back around, her pace quickening as she began to run. Perhaps she could outrun him but she sincerely had her doubts on that. Rhianne swore that she would make it to the guild even if it killed her.

visualspice

"How are we all the same?" he asked, still following, and seeming with relative ease.

Ethereal-Star

Rhianne couldn't believe her ears. Was this creature for real? she thought, slowing down her pace.

Stopping her run as the slayer felt it to be a useless endeavor now, she turned around and got out her cross of silver, holding it up in front of her threateningly in case he tried anything. "You must be a really idiotic vampire if you have to ask me that. And don't come any closer, or you'll regret it." A look of steel in her brown eyes.

visualspice

He stopped. THen eyed the cross, and eyed her.
"What are you going to do with that?" he raised a brow questionably.

Ethereal-Star

Rhianne was put off by his reaction. Finally she shouted at him, "Stay away from me!" And took off running yet again.

visualspice

He finally just let her go, watching as she stormed off. He shoved his hands into his pockets and cocked his head.
"I wonder if she's a lesbian," he mused. "Or maybe I'm coming off too strong." Either way, he simply let her go.

Ethereal-Star

Finally, Rhianne reached the guild HQ. She looked behind her to see if the foul vampire was still following her but she didn't see him anywhere. Which she was all too happy for. Although, she had to say she was surprised, but quickly shrugged it off, walking purposefully towards the front door of the guild building. Now she could let the leaders know of this nuisance and what they could do about it.

The fact that the vampire had been hitting on her in a romantic way either didn't breach the tight-knit walls that she had drawn around herself, simply not caring or she didn't think it capable of expressing such desires other than violence and murder. More than likely it was the latter. In any case, that took a back seat compared to her overall goal. And that was to rid the world of what the slayer viewed as yet another poisonous vermin.

visualspice

But it was just before the woman was about to enter her guild's head quarter that there was a flash and cold hands were upon her.
"How interesting. A hunter trying to take refuge. I can tell by your pulse," the vampire went on, long fingers moving to press over her wrist. "That you're more than a little unnerved." His mouth moved to breath chilly air against her neck. "Why don't you allow me to lower that blood pressure, hrm?"

But before she'd get a chance to retaliate, there was a second flash and the day walking vampire from earlier appeared, and tapped the other vampire on the shoulder. And when he turned around, the vampire hissed.

And that's when Dao slugged him clean across the face.

Ethereal-Star

Rhianne reached for the doorknob of the guild HQ, and was just about to open it when a sudden flash out of nowhere slammed into her then, knocking her flat on her back! The wind thoroughly knocked out of her, the red-haired woman was momentarily stunned and couldn't get up until she had caught her breath.

Chilly air ghosted past her skin as a deep, cocky voice spoke into her ear. It was a vampire! Rhianne realized and tried to move, but the creature pinned her down firmly, cold fingers running over her wrist. Rhianne shuddered in revulsion at this and once again tried to move but another flash appeared and punched the vampire in the face, it stumbling back with a hand to its nose.

She wondered briefly how it had gotten to be dark so soon as she stared up into the ever blackening sky as dusk came in full. It must have taken her longer than she thought to get here. That was really the only thing she could think of that made sense right now.

Finally managing to get up, the vampire hunter got out her cross and rammed it into her attacker's face, the vampire screeching in agony as its skin sizzled and burned. The woman quickly followed this up by a fierce kick to the gut, the creature doubling over in further pain. She was about to hit it again when it took off, and that was when Rhianne remembered the other vampire.

Brandishing her cross at the other, despite the fact that he had saved her life for some reason she could not fathom, Rhianne's eyes widened in shock when she saw it was Dao. But they quickly narrowed again, her grip once more tightening on the metal of the cross. "Stay back!" she commanded him, still holding out her only weapon she had right now, other than her own hands and feet of course. "Don't come any closer!"

visualspice

"You know," he went on with a laugh. "Most women offer their bed or at least a kiss for being rescued by a handsome man."

Ethereal-Star

Lowering the cross some, Rhianne stared at him in disbelief. Obviously this vampire seduced women before he would kill them. Glaring at him, she bit out a retort. "Not a chance! I wouldn't bed you even if you were alive!"

visualspice

Dao just stared at her. Then he raised a finger and pointed accusingly as he laughed, albeit a bit more nervously than usual.
"You lie! You'd probably find me very handsome were I still alive! Besides, tch.." he sneered and looked her over. "I'm alive enough! Dead things certainly can't do a lot of what I can!"