Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black River Calling

Started by visualspice, May 19, 2015, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @DaGlobster !

What could be seen of her outfit were the wrinkles of her translucent garb, which twinkled like spider web threads against the silver light of the moon. Her skin, though not pale, though perhaps rightly so in Essyrni standards, gave off a faint glow and left nothing to the imagination. She was a creature bred of perfection, from one of the most beautiful women of all of Essyrn- and the most powerful man. And it was through this union she had been blessed with the blood to rule....
Except that blessing never came. And her own father condemned her entire family- except for her. She had been blessed with the mercy of priesthood, and though at the time she might not have fully understood just why she had been sent there....

But after watching the heads of her mother, sister, brothers roll....
She felt a new fire broil within her veins, one that no wind could put out.

Weeks had turned into months,a nd months into years, leading her to this very moment in time, where a strong wind from the west swept down from the Niafi river delta, that lay before her in a sprawling mound of veined paths of water illuminated by the crescent moon. And the night was so clear, the only clouds were streaked over top of the ocean, while the rest of the sky dazzled with specks of heavenly starlight.

And it was here she paused, just before the Delta spread open, like the top of a tree and spilled and fed itself into the ocean, where the sand beneath her bare feet was as soft as silk and warm as the long sleeping sun. And she dropped to her knees in fervent prayer, and began to receipt the foreign words over and over again upon her tongue, hoping that...

Perhaps this time, the mantra would work...
and that the hidden secrets in the scroll she had found, written in  an unknown language and done so in blood.....
She could only hope that the pictures that described a man descending from the clouds in a wave of glory, and power...
That it might be through this enchantment that she could reach the next level- one to rival the Gods.

And one to uproot the poisoned blood that now sat as a pathetic, youthful beauty on the throne.

Persea....

As far as this priestess was concerned, that throne was meant to be hers.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

The glens of coastal Serendipity were like a place of reverence for Varian. He went unrobed, walked through the shallow water around the mangrove roots. His horrifyingly alien body Looked almost natural in such a place of magnificient stagnation. the still murky pools felt like a second home to him.

He wasn't alone, either...

The water behind him stirred, and a creature rose up from the depths. A terrible mixture of man and fish, the thing's bulbuos, glassy eyes and tarnished scales gleamed.

Varian turned, and the creature bowed.

"Brother..." Varian said with twisted tenderness. They conversed for minutes.

Until he felt it. Like he was being pulled! He grinned wildly, felt himself sinking down into the water, which started to turn black around him.

-----------

In front of the priestess who'd summoned him, the waters of the delta started to turn brackish, and then black. The section in front of her bubbled and frothed, the wind ceased to exist. The night was silent, save for the effervescence slowly building up. Clouds above rapidly gathered, thundering and roiling as a light drizzle began to come down.

Black tendrils and unseen shapes writhed in the water below.

"Who summons The Starchild?"

The voice comes from the stars themselves, booming out against the priestess.

visualspice

Rain.

It was a strange, but not unwelcomed thing. A source of power, of death...
And also a signal from the Gods.

Her eyes wavered as she stared up into the stars, still awe struck by the voice that seemed to speak like thunder.

"It is I, Aïda Ah'nikh, rightful heir to the throne as ruler to all of Essyrn. I, but a humbled, holy child, seek the master to the scrolls of dark stars."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"Then may your desert god have mercy on your soul."

A crack of prismatic lightning struck the growing black cesspool in the river ahead of Aïda, and a hand, made up the same slime, shot up from the depths. The hand sprouted teeth, eyes, and smaller appendages, before solidifying into a proper hand shape.

It grabbed the shallower mud, and Varian began pulling himself up from the depths, eyes meeting Aïda's eyes as he was more or less halfway up.

His alien body was there for all to see, and he didn't care. He rose to his knees, dripping with murky water, and smiled.

"To what do I know the honor, Priestess?"

visualspice

To say she wasn't afraid would be a lie, and her breath caught in her throat as she trembled. But even the alien appearance of the man, and the wicked power he portrayed in his entrance, she knew she could not look away or turn back now.

And that this being was precisely what she had been searching for.

"The desert God has abandoned my soul," Aïda told him, a fire in her voice. "And for it, I sought out you, in hopes to learn the powers and enchantments long forgotten tot his world." And she lowered her head, humbly. "If you feel I am worthy, star child."

DaGlobster

"Do I feel you're worthy?"

Varian rose to his feet, easily clearing Aïda in height. He slowly stepped up to her, trailing the black water, staining the powdery sand ebony.

He looked down to the ground, and hissed slightly when he noticed he was walking on dry sand. The desert was certainly not his element, although it was the most powerful of his kin that made their homes there. He fell to his knees, took up a fistful of sand, and enclosed his fist. He held it silently for a few seconds before letting it go and rising back up.

He passed over one of Aïda's cheeks with his protoplasmic fingers. He looked her up, looked her down, and started to walk around her.

"Cheated priestess, illegitimate queen. Weeping sands and tears of dust. No more tears, winds are silent..."

He paused once he was behind her, and he laid his hands on her shoulder. His neck extended until he could look at her face-to-face from behind.

"Ambitious spells, Desperate, futile spells. No prayer, no chance. The Starchild..."

His body caught up with his neck.

"You have proven worthy of mind, but are you worthy of deed? Are you worthy of the acts needed to claim the black arts of the stars? To channel the will, power, and strength of The Old Ones?"

He got closer and closer as his spoke, stopping at quite the uncomfortable distance. He whispered to her.

"To regain your soul?"

visualspice

The sight was gruesome and lamed her speech while her heart hammered away. It felt so surreal, like a dream- or perhaps a nightmare. But she knew the consequences long before she took up the scrolls, and she could not rest until that bitch was dead.

"I would do anything to take back what is mine," she told him, strongly, or so Aïda hoped she sounded strong. It was so hard when this being was so... strange. But she supposed other worlders would not fall under the same category as those of this world.

She did not shy her eyes from him, and in fact, sought them out.

"My soul is not what's lost, but the right of my blood," she corrected.

DaGlobster

As it would come to be, Varian's eyes were quite possibly the most transfixing thing about him. His human eye gleamed a bright green, while his other eye was little more than a starry void. Alien constellations swirled, and something beyond Varian stared back through those eyes, some kind of horrifying alien intelligence to which The Starchild was linked.

Varian grins wildly, and stepped back.

"Then you have passed the point of no return. Fall to your knees. Accept me as your new god, accept my mark, and forsake all ties with what you thought was divine. Do all this, and the secrets of existence and The Old Ones will be yours."

visualspice

Aïda was no fool, and though she could sense great power from this man, and read what she could decipher of the old scrolls, she still had to ask, "And to what guarantees can you make? If I accept your mark, accept your worship.... that it will be a binding scenario? Through and true?"

DaGlobster

"Through and true..."

He stopped walking. The mouth at the end of his ropy tail hissed at Aïda as glowing blue spittle dripped from between its gums.

"Is my word not enough? I have no time for those who summon me only to doubt."

His eyes narrowed, and the earth shook, as if something massive beneath the sands shifted.

"Our pact will seal me to you as you will be sealed to me. I will become your patron and protector. You, my loyal servant and pupil. Is this enough for you, priestess?"

visualspice

"It is not doubt, though truth I seek," she assured him. "I want to be as clear as the sun on what this will do. It seems you really are the answers I am searching for, but forgive me... treachery in the past has left me forever skeptical, even in the Gods."

DaGlobster

Varian smiled.

"You are forgiven, priestess..."

He pointed to the sand in front of him, silently commanding her to resume kneeling.

visualspice

Aïda did not hesitate this time as she knelt before him, studying his strange form and how he looked so other worldly, especially in the glow of the moonlight.

DaGlobster

Varian's anatomy was chaotic, yet orderly at the same time. There was an alien symmetry in the way his body was structured, even with all his conflicting and clashing parts.

He cupped her head in his hands, the flesh wriggling against her skin. He looked down at her in an oddly paternal way, and smiled benevolently.

"By the blood of my fathers, from the Slumberer in The Sea to the Roiling Blackness beyond the stars, I christen you. Mer'Alak Ph'Nig'Nn Yh'Ha'Asq..."

He drew his hands back, and raised his tail. He grasped one of her hands, and held it up. Immediately, the mouth on his tail snapped onto her wrist, savagely biting it.

visualspice

Not expecting that, Aïda cried out and tried to pull her wrist away.

DaGlobster

Aïda's efforts were met with futility, if only for a few more moments. The jaw snapped off, and her wounds wept blood for a few more seconds before sealing up. He still held her arm, though.

It left a series of circles stretching across her wrist, connected by swirling lines.

"The mark of The Starchild... A very powerful mark..."

He nursed her arm, tenderly passing his fingers over the new scars to soothe it.

"It's the key to the power you'll receive."

visualspice

Aïda was left mesmerized by the feat. And as she studied the mark, she remained in quiet wonder. Though it throbbed with the sting of the bite, she felt as if she already was accepting something grander than the small, deluded world she was limited to. Lifting up her gaze, she studied the man before him and said, "And I am ready to accept that power."

DaGlobster

"Before you accept any power, before you learn any rites... you must learn..."

He let her arm go, and slinked to her side.

"... The truth. The maddening realities of the world, the true answer to the question of Man."

His form twisted and was veiled in shadows, until he reappeared, wearing his heavy clothing to disguise his form. He motioned down the river.

"Let us walk."

visualspice

Such an interesting creature this man of the stars was, and at this uniqueness, she was disturbed yes, but now, she was more in awe. At his gesture, she nodded and followed, as any princess might, with her head held high and no hesitation in her steps. She was ready to learn, no matter the costs.

DaGlobster

Over time, Aïda would no doubt grow used to Varian's alienness. Even now, as she accepted his mark, she also accepted his influences into her.

Truly, she may even come to yearn for Varian.

Varian looked to Aïda, appearing frighteningly human beneath his clothing.

"Tell me what you know of the world's creation."

Tags: