Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The cat's in the bag! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, June 04, 2015, 07:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Raxta lounged in the net she was currently trapped in, which swung slowly from the canopy above. Or rather, it looked like she was lounging, but in truth, she'd only worn herself out from her frantic struggles, and now lacked the energy to do much more than just swing there and...

Accept her fate, she supposed.

She had tried to escape, but when the net had swept her off her feet and up into the trees, she had dropped her knife, and though she had claws and teeth, the fibers of the net were too tough to bite through, too thick for her claws to cut. She'd tried clawing at them, she'd tried biting, she'd tried screaming in frustration and thrashing for all she was worth, but it was no use, and it was made all the worse by the sight of her dagger laying on the ground below, hopelessly out of reach.

Like it was taunting her with freedom she couldn't attain.

Eventually, she wore herself out, which she knew was probably good. The humidity was getting to her, sweat slicking her skin, and struggling would only make her lose more water. Dehydration was her number one danger right now--second only to the obvious question of who laid the trap?

And what would they do when they found her in it?

With a sigh, Raxta shifted in the netting and tried to get comfortable, but it was scratchy and bit into her skin in the worst of ways. Her tail slipped through the netting and twitched anxiously as she waited, arms crossed over her chest as she stared up into the trees, currently in human form and clothed in little more than a loin cloth and chest wrap.

At this point, she wasn't worried about being found; she wanted the culprit to show up. If it was an accident, so be it, but if they were hostile?

Well, they would see what happened when one messed with jaguar-kin.

They would learn then and there that she was a hunter, and that they, truly, were the hunted.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

JackieCat

"Oh, by all the stinking-!" Faelis swore colorfully as he walked through the thick underbrush.  He wasn't made for this sort of travel!  How in all of the Gods could he have gotten so stinking lost?   That was it, he hadn't.  He had been on his way from Arca to Essyrn, and his guide had left him one night.

"I never should have trusted that Feydon's Dog!" Faelis grumbled. "I should have known he was only looking out for his own interests when he said that was all he cared about!" The elf stopped. Well, he really only looked out for himself as well. "Still, he was a Feydon's Dog." The elf started walking again but stopped soon after to lean against a tree and take a few breaths.  Gods, it was hot!  And he was wearing leather!  He was going to take his short leather coat off when he realized that he was wearing a short-sleeved shirt underneath the jacket and if he took it of he would probably be eaten alive by the bugs. 

He cursed under his breath and continued walking.  He cursed his failed guide, he cursed the jungle and the bugs, and he cursed his brother, who he knew that if Kilarhas was in this situation his brother, who was much more connected with the earth that he was, would be able to will the bugs away.  All in all, he blamed everyone but himself.

He was about to stop for another rest a hour later when his sharp elven eyes spotted movement.  He froze, and a small throwing dagger appeared in his hand.  The movement was up ahead, something swinging in the trees.  Had a bird just taken flight and a vine was what was swinging?  No, it was too big.

Faelis crept forward, and when he emerged into the clearing he actually laughed.  It was a woman, and not a bad-looking one either.

"What happened to you?" he asked, still chuckling, though he still held the dagger ready in his hand.  He wasn't surprised at her appearance, he had seen many strange people over the years, and he had assumed that there could be a people living in this jungle.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Rhindeer

Raxta's round ears twitched and rotated, picking up on the man's approach before she was even aware he was there. She twisted sharply in the net, turning in the direction her ears had followed, and then hissed in surprise at the sight of him, a big...human thing? Somewhat human, but not quite. Didn't smell like her people or the humans she'd seen come through her territory. Smelled different, and had pointy ears--

And he had a dagger.

It was the dagger her eyes landed on, and she bared her teeth and flicked her tail, not knowing whether she should feel uneasy or hopeful--but either way, her pride certainly stung because he was laughing at her! And she knew she must look ridiculous, a mighty predator in a net, but he wouldn't be laughing when she was free!

"You have eyes, no?" she spat. "You tell me!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

JackieCat

"Well," Faelis leaned against a tree, crossing his arms and deftly spinning the knife in his fingers. "I would assume you were walking along and got caught in this net." He could see she was irritated by him laughing at her, but he continued to smile.  "I bet if you could get out, you would be by now, correct?"

Faelis raised his eyebrows in amusement and continued. "I'll let you down, but I see you've got a pretty wicket set of claws there, and while I'm really good with my knives, but I don't want to have to fight you once I let you go, so I have two conditions you have to swear to.  One, once I let you down you will not attack me, and two, you will lead me out of this jungle in the northerly direction, towards the desert.  Got it?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Rhindeer

What?!

Raxta visibly balked at those conditions, baring her large fangs in irritation and crossing her arms over her chest. "No, I don't got it," she groused. "I don't know what this desert you speak of is, and I certainly won't go north beyond my territory! That is male territory. But!"

She leaned forward in the net a little to get a better look at him and flashed those sharp teeth in what she hoped was an agreeable smile. "If you let me out, I won't eat you. Promise."

JackieCat

Faelis narrowed his eyes, did she really not know of the desert?  Or was she lying to get out of the agreement?  He decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. . . For now.

"Okay, so you don't know about the desert, the Moraki Desert?  Anyway, what do you mean 'male territory'?  And how can I know you're not lying to me about now eating me?  I don't know your moral code, you have to swear to me, swear to me on something that matters to you."

He would wait to bring up the part about her leading him to the desert when he at least believed she wouldn't attack him.

"And I don't want you just not to eat me, I want you not to harm me." 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Rhindeer

Raxta let out an agitated huff, her friendly grin turning into a scowl and eyebrows rising incredulously. Was he serious?

"I won't harm you!" she finally said with yet another huff, tail lashing in irritation like a cat that got water squirted at it. Though in her case, she loved water. "I swear on my mother! Is that good enough for you? Aya! Honestly! Why would I attack the person that set me loose?"

She pinned her ears back and stared at him, still scowling. "And the male territory is where you should be. You're in female territory. Why?"

JackieCat

Faelis sighed.  "Let's just say I'm not really from around here, I don't know your traditions, or territory boundaries.  And how am I supposed to know you wouldn't attack me if I set you free?  For all I know, you're a crazy murderer and don't have a scrap of morality."

He walked up to the net and brought his dagger to the rope, then he paused. "You have to help me though, I don't know where I am, I don't know where to go.  Do you know of any desert near here?  Or not so near here?" 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Rhindeer

Raxta rolled her eyes, huffing yet again. He was so close! So close to setting her free! Why did he have to keep talking? Less talking, more cutting the ropes!

And what was with his constant talk of desert? Did he mean dessert? Perhaps his people simply pronounced it differently, but she'd never heard of a Moraki dessert. It must be delicious, considering how desperate he was to get it!

She decided to go with that. "I don't know of your Moraki dessert, but I do know where there's dessert. Just get me down already and I'll show you!"

JackieCat

Faelis realized that she really had no idea what a desert was, so he'd let her go. "It's not a dessert, it's a desert, you don't eat it.  It's a big stretch of land with hardly any trees on it, have you seen anything like that?"

He started to cut the rope. "When this cuts through the whole thing could fall," he said, warning her that she might get out of this by falling to the ground once the net gave.  He cut the rope quickly, and after cutting two more of the ropes the whole net fell apart.

Faelis stepped back from the woman, still wary of her. "Okay, you're free, but I'm lost.  I'm from really, really far away from here and I don't really know what to do.  Can you help me?"

Faelis didn't really like relying on people, but he wasn't a complete idiot, he knew when he needed help.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Rhindeer

The net fell, and Raxta landed on the ground with a grunt and a thud. And she definitely didn't land on her feet. She was too tangled up in the net!

Thrashing about on the ground, she flailed to get the net off of her. She kicked at it for good measure, her tail bristling with irritation--and from the addition of a few new bruises! Rising to her feet, she brushed dirt from her knees and palms and rounded on the strange, pointy-earred human. "I can take you to my tribe," she said, "but I don't know of this...of this desert. Do you see land with hardly any trees anywhere around here?"

And she swept an arm out to motion to the thick foliage around here. "Just trees. Trees as far as you can see. But I can take you to my people, and we can feed you. It is the least I can do for cutting me free." She brushed some stray leaves from her hair. "Even though you were not gentle and most insulting. Saying I might eat you! Pah!"

JackieCat

Faelis stood back as the woman fell, and held up his hands defensively as she talked.

"Hey, hey, how was I supposed to know anything about you or your people, as far as I knew, you would have eaten me!  And, are you sure you've never seen the desert-? Ah, nevermind.  Maybe there'll be someone in your tribe that will be able to help me."

Though he doubted it.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Rhindeer

"I think I would have noticed a huge expanse of barren land, yes," Raxta said slowly. Maybe this human had something wrong with his head? She let out a huffing sigh and turned away from him.

"Come with me if you wish. Or don't. It matters little to me."

JackieCat

Faelis sighed. Ah, well, he'd just have to find his way back on his own.  But he would follow the feline woman to her tribe.

He waited for her to lead the way.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: