Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Crossed Paths

Started by Laraine, June 12, 2015, 09:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laraine

Slowly opening her eyes, Laraine Lockner Risk was greeted with the sounds of voices. The sun was slowly rising outside and she could feel her body demanding to awaken. With a slight yawn she pushed herself up from the bed she was currently in. Locks of light pink hair floated down her shoulder as she pondered what she could do today to make money. It had been over two days since she arrived in Ketra. Determined not to walk away empty handed. She needed money to live off of soon. Otherwise it'd be back to hunting and fishing.

Stretching out her lithe body, quickly the twenty year old got to her feet, slipping on her clothes and boots. Lastly brushing her locks back into a pony tail and slinging a cloak around her shoulders, pulling the hood up. Glancing around, she spotted a metal plate from her dinner last night and glanced into it, smiling slightly when she didn't see a trace of hair. Eyes the color of amethyst intently met hers and she smiled sadly.

"Alright, let's go." She set down the plate and gathered her bag, exiting the room and down the stairs to start her day.

She spent it mostly looking around for wanted posters or chatting up the barkeep for any information on some odd jobs. But it seemed that this was becoming a fruitless search and she couldn't stay in one place for too long. Before she knew it, she had spent the whole day searching and it was already past sundown. Leaning against a nearby wall she sighed, looking at the ground and simply thinking.

Crossing her arms across her chest, she let out a sigh and closed her eyes. But before she knew it they snapped open as she felt a hand on her arm. Glancing at it, she realized it was attached to a rather drunk and disturbing looking male.

"What's a matter pretty lady? Out here all alone?" he slurred and Raine simply shrugged his arm off, deciding that she didn't want to deal with drunk idiots right then and there.

But she had to hand it to him, he was persistent. He followed after her with chortles of "C'mon!" "Don't be such a..."  and even whining and calling her more names. Finally she couldn't take it anymore and turned around.

"Look sir! I'd appreciate it if you didn't follow me!" But before she could even act he grabbed her by her shoulders and slammed her into a wall with a dark look in his eyes. She cursed herself for not being on her guard and narrowed her eyes as the idiot started to creep closer and closer to her.

But Raine wasn't one to take this lying down...or propped up against a wall.

Yup...

She kicked the man right in his special spot.

The scream could be heard for miles.

visualspice

For whatever reason Dao'bachpa decided to go to Ketra, (which was probably business over pleasure), was something he was dragging his feet on. The job wasn't exactly what he liked to do. But a job was a job, and even vampires had to pay bills. Besides, becoming more or less immortal was a lot more depressing than one would know. So keeping himself busy was always the best option.

His brilliant, turquoise colored eyes flashed as they look in the scene. Though a man who frequents cities often, Ketra wasn't always his favorite one. Too much bad blood. Too many memories. Perhaps it was the noise, the subtle cry for help and the smell of a horny drunkard that lead him down the alley where he paused to watch the events unfold. He was barely seen, tucked in neatly against the building's shadows before smiling appreciatively as the woman kicked the man and downed him in one go.

Deciding it was more or less safe to approach the scene now, Dao did just that, and stood a few feet away as he slowly approached, clapping his hands.

"What an impressive way to down a man. But is it fair to hurt someone as lame and dull as this?" he went on, gesturing to the man on the ground before his lips flashed open and revealed a toothy grin as he laughed, an almost evil laugh, but something that also had a hint of jovality and perhaps even a bit of sadness. It was a weird laugh no matter how one took it, but it was the unique laugh of this man who now paused his applause and his approach to give the woman a suave grin.

His hair was dark, curling at the ends as he swept it out of his face. And the dark color was intermixed with the same brilliant, rich color of his eyes. And his skin tone was just a tad different than the natural, red-hued deep tan of the Adelans, which gave him a unique, exotic look.

Bending over to inspect the gentle men, he asked, "Don't you know it's not wise to approach women when drunk? You probably deserve another kick in the family jewels just for being stupid." And he grinned at the man who only looked at Dao with a face twisted in pain and confusion.

"And shouldn't you be ashamed? Tempting the fool.." he said, looking up at Laraine and giving her a tsk.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Laraine

Blinking as this new man approached, clapping his hands and laughing, Laraine studied him from head to toe and remained in her position. Wondering if the male was friend or foe she got a odd feeling from him. Not good....yet not completely evil. It was a weird combination and despite his obvious chastising both to her and to the drunk, she smiled a bit. Glad that her hood was still covering her hair.

Still her eyes shimmered and she pushed away from the wall. "Hey it wasn't my fault. I walked away at first but you know men." She shrugged playfully and chuckled. "Sometimes they just don't take no as a answer and are stubborn. And I don't like pushy guys." She took a few steps away from the duo, content to just go on her way and leave this business behind. She had other things to do after all.

"Well as nice as it was to meet you sir, I really should be on my way." She raised a hand and waved a bit, not even glancing back once at them.

However she barely made it five steps before she tripped over a stone sticking up from the earth and face planted into the ground before her.

This just wasn't her day.

visualspice

He was, of course, content to let her go on with her day, but when he saw her leave and fall on her face, he pointed at her.
"Oh! You!" Did that really just happen!?
He blinked in surprise before laughing suddenly,a nd it was an infectious laughter he couldn't stop.

"Is this your way? Your way to the cobblestones?"
His laughter continued, maniacal and gay.
"You do know there are better ways than down. Here, here," he got down on one knee and offered her a hand. "Let Dao'bachpa help the Cobblestone Swept Princess to her feet."
And he kept his hand out, moving it closer.
"Go on, I won't bite" He grinned, then his expression grew just a bit more serious, even as the mirth sparkled in his eyes. "I can help you."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Laraine

Raine cursed every cobblestone in existence when she pried her reddened face from the road, hearing the others uncontrollable laughter and then his comments before she saw his hand. Staring at it for a second, she trailed her eyes up his arm to his face which held a grin then a serious expression. Her own was inquisitive as if contemplating the others words.

"Oh, you can...can you?" She slowly put her hand into his, adjusting her body so it'd be easier to stand back up while her other hand reached up, making sure her hood was firmly in place. She allowed him to help her to her feet and although she was smiling, it was sad and maybe a little guarded. "I don't think you can help me." with that she closed her eyes, still smiling and slowly began to pull her hand from his. "But thanks for the offer and helping me up of course." She hummed and dusted her pants off. Her boots also had scuff marks on them but she paid it no mind.

"Well then, it was a pleasure to meet you....what was your name again? As for me, Cobblestone Princess won't do, so just call me Laraine."

visualspice

"Dao'bachpa Barrocisto, merchant lord of many conglomerations from Hyoite to the seas," he went on, introducing himself through more laughs. "And no, I think I like my pet name for you." And his voice went high pitched and giddy. "MY cobblestone princess!" He told her with another cheek dumpling, toothy grin.

Laraine

"Dao'bahcaawhatcha?" Raine frowned at the name and concluded that she'd probably never get that name no matter how much he said it. "I'll give you a nickname then as well! You will be Dao! I shall call you Dao. It's less complicated to say."  She huffed at the other continuing to call her by that nickname which made her cheeks puff up in a semi childish pout.

"You can call me that but I won't answer to that name! Its way too long too!" She said to the other, trying not to smirk at his teasing. "Besides who is to say that we'll meet again after tonight anyway?" She shrugged and walked past a Wanted poster which made her stop in her tracks. She quickly read it and brightened instantly. "This is it!" She grabbed the paper with much vigor. Now she could have some money to live off of!

But right next to the Wanted poster was another one. This one though made her mood drop considerably. Lowering her face a bit she sighed and reached up and grabbed at it. Tearing it off the wall and crushing it into her hand. It was a Wanted poster for her.

She guessed that time had finally run out. She would have to leave this place as well. Dropping the Wanted poster of her, she turned back to Dao with a bright smile. "Anyway. It was nice to meet you! Goodbye!" She turned to run down the alleyway, not realizing that turning caused a few pieces of her bright pink hair pulled itself loose and slid out, catching the moonlight instantly and shimmering as she spun.

visualspice

He nodded and watched as she leave.
"Have a good one, Cobblestone princess." Then after a moment, he realized she was heading the way he had to go, and was soon following after, hands in his pockets and his eyes on her.

Laraine

At first she didn't realize that he was following her, but after a little while she began to hear the others footsteps and she frowned a bit. Uneasy with having someone behind her, following her. She turned a bit and looked at him before stopping and turning around. "Why are you following me?" She crossed her arms against her chest and glanced at his eyes a bit, her own violet were curious and a little uneasy. She had just met this man after all and hardly knew anything about him.

Her Inn was very close by, only a few steps away and she didn't want him to know where she was staying. She wasn't sure if she could trust this Dao.

visualspice

"Huh? I'm not following you. I'm staying at the inn over there." And he pointed to the one she was staying. "And I normally stay in room 206, but they've seemed to have rented it to another just an hour bbefore I arrived and they said they couldn't just switch our rooms because the guest had paid. And worse off, they used a lame excuse that it was also because it was to a woman! As if gender would dictate order over my room. I've always stayed there. For ten years no problem, I even said Id pay double the price for the inconvenience to both the inn and customer, but they acted like this woman was some big deal." At that he laughed. "So now I think they're crazy for not taking the extra money! They didn't even flinch. They didn't even seem to think it over. Their rental was final."

He laughed again.
"You're a woman. Would you like to be treated as if you had no choice? Clearly if the woman had a say I'd be staying in my room and she'd be richer. And probably happy for it! The room is barely larger than a pantry! It's the smallest one they have, and here I'm stuck with the biggest room in the place." He laughed despite the obvious frustration inn his voice.  "Does that even make sense to you?"

Laraine

Raine blinked as the other spoke, thinking about what number her room was, and actually momentarily forgetting. But It seemed as if the woman who stole his room was a big shot anyway, so it couldn't have been her. After all, she tried to stay as neutral as possible to not attract too much attention. After all, half demon hybrids were rarely looked upon as good members of society.

"Ohhh really now?" She smirked a bit. "I suppose I would have taken the cash myself. But that's just me. I don't' care where I sleep as long as I sleep somewhere." She hummed a bit and then wondered. "What else did they say about the lady who has taken your room? Anything else interesting?" She was just curious now. She had memorized the route to her room, on the second floor and to the left a ways. So once they reached the Inn she opened the door, and walked inside, letting him follow behind her as she listened. She wanted to also know a bit more about him as well. Since they were staying in the same Inn after all.

visualspice

He gave a shrug.
"They wouldn't say but believe me I inquired."

Just as the pair stepped into the Inn, Dao looked to the inn keeper and the inn keeper looked at him. They didn't say anything, but their gazes were intense, before eventually, both looked away as Dao shoved his hands into his pockets and made his way towards the stairs.

"Ladies first."
He was still a gentlemen after all, and it wasn't like he had any qualms with this woman. Besides, they had only just met. That, and he did like to watch a woman climb stairs. Just a habit, and who knew, she might have a nice ass.

Laraine

Raine noticed the way the two stared at each other but simply quietly sighed and shrugged. But when the other began to speak saying ladies first, she couldn't help but crack a smile if only slightly.

A memory threatened to cloud her mind, eyes slightly becoming misty. But she shoved it back. Now wasn't the time for such thoughts. "Why thank you, kind sir." She smirked, grasping the banner and took each step as quickly as possible. Somehow this guy made her heart beat rapidly. She wondered briefly if this guy would attempt to kill her. But she tried to think logically. So far, this man hadn't shown any animosity towards her.

Still, she couldn't be too careful. After all, the demons would come for her soon enough. That flyer she saw in the alley way proved it. Lost in her thoughts, she shifted her arms a bit, letting the cloak behind her flutter a bit as she climbed the stairs. It did a nice job hiding her body from prying eyes.

Once she reached the top, she glanced back at the man sweeping said cloak to the side. Showing off her side profile as she sat a hand on her hip and waited for him. Once he was also up there, she continued to walk to her room. Once she reached it she stopped at the door. "Well, this is my room." She said, waiting for him to go to his own room.

visualspice

Dao was hoping for more of a show, but he just used his imagination. However, as they were about to part ways, he stopped suddenly and pointed, eyes widening.
"Wait... This is your room?" And his eyes couldnt tear away from the numbers.
They read 206.

Laraine

Raine blinked and glanced at the numbers of the door and hummed. "Well. yeah, huh I guess I am the one who took your room. Sorry about that." She shrugged and crossed her arms. "You really want it? Its yours as long as you tell me your room number. I don't mind switching if your attached to it. Just let me pick up a few things and I'll be out of your way." She used her key and entered the room, walking over to the bed and grabbing a few things from under her bed, bending down.

The cloak around her shifted and fell to one side, revealing her lower half as well as long strands of her rose colored hair. It was a odd color to be sure, not something normal, often strange colored hair was reserved for supernatural creatures. That was why she always covered it up, she knew people would look at her with hatred. Being half demon had its downsides, a lot.

She finished gathering her items and glanced back at the man and blinked. "So? Want me out?"

visualspice

He couldn't believe this. He could NOT believe this! Of all the women to run into, he had to run into the one that had caused a thorn in his side unknowingly! But even though she seemed so casual about it, he felt himself get all riled up over it and grew suspicious. Had she known the whole time she had his room and was mocking him? Or was she just saying this was her room to pull his leg?

But when she produced the key, he gasped and pointed at it, but was speechless, staring as he watched her step inside, still wanting to say something, but his brain was unable to process anything for him to even sputter. And then when parts of her were 'revealed', he would have appreciated the view was he still not taken by the fact...
SHE WAS THE ONE WHO GOT HIS ROOM.

And by the time he processed what was going on, she was already gathering her things to let him have the room.

And at her question, he simply stared.

But he had to act cool, casual, and tossed his head back in a laugh.
"Tch..." he looked towards the ceiling. "You think the room means enough to me to uproot you when you were unsuspecting. Though I appreciate the offer.." he went on, looking her over. "But are you sure you're actually willing to give the place up?" He still observed her. "The room is quite cozy. And the one I have, it's pretty cold to sleep in when you're alone."

Laraine

Raine did notice the mans breach in composure and smiled a bit to herself. Seemed as if she could surprise even him in other ways. But when the other finally spoke, she blinked in slight surprise, squeezing her items in her arms once he mentioned it got cold alone. But she simply smiled again and shrugged. "I don't mind. Being alone doesn't bother me." She walked past him to the hallway, her back now to him. She hummed and turned a bit back to him.

"I've been alone most of my life so its not something to worry yourself over. I can tell you really wanted this room. Like I said, I don't mind giving it to you. Its just a room." She shrugged and chuckled, amethyst shaded eyes lightening a bit.

"As long as its bed to sleep in I'll take it. Anyways, you wanna tell me the number to your other room?" She hummed and held out her hand where her key was, going to give it to him. "And exchange keys too I guess." She grinned.

visualspice

Daobachpa just stared at her, still taken by the fact that well- he was getting his room, no fuss, and well....
There was no fuss!

After a second, he gave a small grin and fished out his own key and  held it up, but not out. He was simply showing it after all, and suddenly he laughed, and it sounded nearly demented as his eyes seemed to glow with spirit.

"Yes.. exchanging keys to who they're meant to be with! And it shouldn't take me long to get my things... I er.. pack light."
He gestured for her to follow.

"I'm in room 200. The large suite down the hall." And as they approached, he unlocked the door without hesitation, and opened the door to reveal one of the grandest rooms this type of establishment could offer-
And it appeared as if no one had been in it at all. It was pristine, and nothing even appeared to be touched, or disturbed.

Laraine

Blinking, Raine expected the other to simply give the key and close the door in her face. Not lead her to the room. Of course she figured the other needed to get his items. It was a reasonable excuse. She followed after him, watching him and once she entered the room, she studied it. It seemed as if the other wasn't too keen on sleeping. It appeared flawless.

Finally her eyes were drawn to the bed and she hummed. Finally, a bed to sleep on. She set her items on the floor nearby and nearly face planted into the sheets, sighing in relief and rolling on her back, smiling happily and glancing back at the man, once again holding out her key. "Alright, here's your key to your room now." She grinned. "You all done gathering your things?" She propped her head up a little with her arm, elbow deep into the sheets.

Her cloak outlined her hourglass frame as she lie there, the moon shining soft light into the room and reflecting off her eyes. She was still hesitant to remove her cloak until the man left however.

visualspice

Were it any other time, Dao would have loved to admire her without that cloak on, or suggest what they could do on that bed. But he had just one parcel to pick up, and just a few small items to place into it before he turned around and looked at the key.

Taking up his current key, he moved to approach her and tossed his key at her before accepting hers.

"The bed looks good on you." His smile went crooked. "Or should I say you look good on the bed?"