Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gold Ain't So Sweet [Jackiecat]

Started by Jounin64, August 21, 2015, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Nezhir stares coldly at her hand, but doesn't move it. "It's just how the world works. If they were suppose to be free and escape the misery, then I wouldn't be able to catch them."

JackieCat

Kirl smiled sadly and withdrew her hand. "'Supposed to'?" she said. "They were 'supposed' to be slaves?  Maybe, but I don't believe that.  Just because your are faster and stronger than them, that doesn't mean they were meant to be in slavery.  These slaves were not meant to be physically strong, they were house slaves, they never fought in the Coliseum, there was little to no way they could have escaped you.  They tried, and they were killed for it.  And you say that this all was 'supposed' to happen?  They were 'supposed' to die?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

"Fate has a cruel way about things doesn't it." Nezhir stares blankly into the distance for a minute then snaps out of it.

"I have to turn in these bounties in and investigate anything about Nox. Come with me if you like or not, I could care less."

JackieCat

"And why do you think I would come with you?" Kirl asked. "It is obvious I disagree with your methods, so why would you think I would want to travel with you?"

Kirl was not being sarcastic, her questioning told said that clearly.  She really wanted to know.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

"Well you stopped me from leaving twice now, but like I said I could care less if you tag along or not." Nezhir begins to head out once more. "Besides that Nox thing is out on the loose. I only want to find it for a good fight and maybe some money, but it seems like a the perfect thing for a self righteous kid like you to want to hunt."

JackieCat

Kirl shrugged. "Okay, I'll 'tag along' as you say."

The young woman sent a mental message to Oax and the hyena emerged from behind the rocks and walked up to Kirl.  She looked a the bounty hunter with slight hostility, but she did not growl or bare her teeth. "Since we're going to be traveling with each other, I would like to introduce myself." Kirl said. "I'm Kirl Moonharber, and this is Oax."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

He nods at Kirl then to Oax. "I am Nezhir Kalig, now lets head out and you better keep up I don't appreciate dead weight." Still carrying the corpses Nezhir begins journeying to the the markets to complete the bounties.

JackieCat

Kirl very much disliked this man, but she stepped forward and started walknig when he started off.

"Did you collect the bounties in Essyrn?" she asked.  She assumed he had, but it was something to say.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

"Yes I get most of my bounties from the Essyrn black market, but this one was just a normal bounty." The marketplace had eventually entered sight. "If you have any pockets you better cover them the place we're heading is crawling with thieves and bandits." 

JackieCat

"Thanks," Kirl said dryly, she knew how to handle herself among those who would try to steal from her.  As they entered the marketplace, Kirl's whole posture changed.  Rather than standing tall and upright, she copied the stances of the people around her.  She slightly slouched, and she pulled her cloak tighter around her shoulders, among other small changes.  She blended in with the locals.  If you saw her you would think her no different from the thieves and other shady characters, she looked like one of them.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Nezhir mentally notes Kirl's actions knowing that her ability to disguise into the crowd can be useful. Nezhir finds the store of the slave owner and carries the corpses in dropping them on his desk.

"Looks like you'll need new help with the store, found these two dead in an old ruins." Nezhir bluffs.

"Ah, yes I didn't expect them to come back alive." The slaver hands him a pouch of coins. "Here is your reward we have no further business."

Nezhir takes the coins and leaves. He turns to Kirl "Now that that's done let's start looking into this Nox figure. I have a few ideas on where to look, but we can't discuss it in open. Follow me to my palace and and we'll discuss it further."   

JackieCat

Kirl disliked the way Nezhir disposed of the bodies, and lied about it as well, but she said nothing, though she looked at the bounty hunter in disapproval while he was looking at her.  She raised an eyebrow when he said palace, but she followed him out the door.

For all she knew this could be some big trap to kill her or something, but she was interested in finding out more about this man, so if this was a scheme, she would cooperate, for now.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Nezhir leads her to a secluded palace. "If your awestruck don't be it's only merely another sign of my success as a bounty hunter". He enters leading into a large vestibule and awaits her to follow.

JackieCat

"Awestruck?" Kirl scoffed.  She may have been slightly surprised, but she had heard of very successful bounty hunters.  "I know that sometimes criminals can get very rich," Kirl said, looking pointedly at Nezhir. "You know, doing bad stuff does sometimes pay off, but not in all ways.  It'll all catch up to you one sooner or later."

She felt hesitant, but let none of it show as she followed the man.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Nezhir ignores at her comment because he knows he's a hand of fate and no criminal, but she wouldn't understand.

He waits for her to enter and begins. "So from what I saw Nox was released through a blood ritual. Accident or on purpose it doesn't matter. What it does mean is it was sealed by blood magic there for it proves that it is connected to the occult. If we need to learn anything occult I'd say our best place is the black market." 

JackieCat

Kirl nodded. "Right, and I'm sure you have many connections with the black market.  As a matter of fact, so do I, but they are all under false names and I do it only to infiltrate them.  That's what Oax and I do.  We try to stop evil.  Sometimes we get paid, sometimes not.  Sometimes all we get is a nasty scar or an awful memory to show for it, but we do it because we know it's the right thing to do."

She sighed. "Anyway, back to this Nox thing.  I've never heard of it directly, but I've heard of beings like it, and I know that there are a few cults in these parts centered around beings such as Nox, do you think we should start there?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Nezhir nods "Seems reasonable enough to start there. I've dealt with some crazy cultists before so I'd say our best guess is to pretend to join. I'll use my mercenary status to see if they need a body guard. As for you, I bet you could pull off a crazy heretic well."

JackieCat

Kirl nodded. "Okay, do you have a suggestion to which cult we start at?"

Kirl knew the names of a few and the locations of their headquarters, but Nezhir might know a better one to infiltrate.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Nezhir thinks for a moment. "I remember back when I was a slave my master's associate was a cult leader for a group called Blood of Mortem. They're full of well educated members so their knowledge will be far more expansive."

Nezhir motions out the door. "Lets pay my old master a visit. Don't worry he won't do anything I am in control of him now."   

JackieCat

Kirl didn't like how he said the last bit, but she stepped out of the door and waited for Nezhir to lead the way.  Kirl could sense that Oax was tense, though the hyena's body posture didn't show it.  The hyena could act just as well as Kirl could.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor