Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gold Ain't So Sweet [Jackiecat]

Started by Jounin64, August 21, 2015, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Nezhir led Kirl and Oax through winding streets until they wound at the doorstep of a fairly big house, but was still nothing compared to Nezhir's palace. Nezhir knocks loudly at the door and a bald middle aged man with a long black beard answered.

He jumped back double taking on who he was seeing. "N-nezhir? Is that you?!"

"So glad you remembered your former slave's name Alra." Nezhir emphasized his former master's name to show that he has no need to call him master anymore.

Alra narrows his eyes at him then suspiciously looks at Kirl and Oax. "What do you want from me?"

"What I want is the whereabouts of Blood of Mortem and I want you to put a good word for me and my friend Ihnan here. Don't question why and if you even think of  refusing or lying I will spread your dirty little secret."

Alra's face twists in anger then relaxes in a sign of defeat after that last comment. "They are residing under the main slave auction stage...I'll make sure Mukhal knows of your arrival." He points into the distance. "Now leave my presence at once."

Nezhir narrows his eyes at him. "Gladly." With that Alra slams the door shut and Nezhir steps away from the house.

JackieCat

As they started to walk away Kirl raised an eyebrow at Nezhir. "Nice name, Ihnan.  It means 'you'."

Thoguh Kirl seemed relaxed, if anyone were to look closer, they would see she was very much alert.  Her eyes darted here and there, and her hand was never far from her dagger's hilt. "I guess I'll be Ihnan Undich." She looked at Nezhir. "Do you need an alias?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

"No, my face is well known amongst these parts, it would only raise suspicion. Now if we are going even be noticed by them you'll have to seem rich. Come back to my place I have some attire that you can use."

JackieCat

Kirl raised an eyebrow. "How do you know I am not rich already?" she asked. "Just because I wear these clothes doesn't mean I don't have money.  It would be impractical to travel in finery.  But you're right, it will further enhance my false image."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

"I don't travel in finery either, my wealth is shown by my hair. There are many subtler ways to show wealth and you show none of those."

They head back to Nezhir's palace and Nezhir enters his room rummaging through drawers until he could find a silk shirt and breeches. "Here try this on."

JackieCat

Kirl snorted.  He didn't know it, but she had money.  "Just because I do not show my wealth off does not mean I do not have it.  If I were to show my money, I would more likely to be attacked, or robbed, and often I do not want a fight."

She followed him back to the palace and she took the clothing he gave her. "I'm keeping my things," she said, stepping into another room and closing the door for some privacy.  She changed into the clothes and put her traveling clothing into her pack.  She fastened her belt with her pouches and weapons back around her waist, as well as her cloak.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

He knocked on the door "You ready to go? Since this is under the major slave auction stage there will probably be auctions running, so don't even think of trying to play hero again. Because one wrong move and you'll end up a slave before we even reach our destination."

JackieCat

Kirl sighed and opened the door, stepping out of the room.  "I may free slaves," she said.  "But during a mission !ike this?  I won't give any trouble.". She looked over to Nezhir. " And mind you, I have freed slaves from the auction stage succesfully.  There were a lot of angry slave traders after, and I had to watch my back for them for over a month, but a lot of innocent people were freed."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

"Hmph, only temporarily they most likely got killed or re captured. But now is not the time for conversation we must leave now."

Nezhir heads out and journeys  into the center of Essryn where there are bustling trading posts, caravans, shops and of course the auctioning stage.

As expected there was an auction going on. Nezhir stared at it cold heartily as a pair of lovers were separated flooding the stage with tears. "Serves them right for believing in such petty lies."

JackieCat

"Not temporarily," Kirl said as they left the palace. "Though six people died.  Other than those, I made sure each and every one of them got out of Essyrn.  Many live now in Serendipity, and I made sure they all got homes and lives.  There were over a hundred I helped, and some I still stay in contact with, when I visit the villages they live in."

When they got to action stage Kirl watched, holding back tears as the two lovers were torn apart.  When Nezhir commented she turned to him, her eyes blazing, and uttered the worst insult she knew.  And it was a pretty bad one, one that some rougher characters would kill over.  She said it just loud enough for Nezhir to hear, and no one else.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Nezhir gives her an ice cold glare. "Just the the blind mourning the blind." He waits until the auction ends and for everyone to clear out before heading to the stage.

When he does starts feeling around the walls of the stage. "Find the hollow part and knock on it. We must do this quickly so we don't draw any unnecessary attention." 

JackieCat

Kirl was still fuming mad.  How could he be so horrible?  But she was actually interested in this Nox character, if only she didn't have to go looking for it with Nezhir.

She followed him to the stage and felt the wood discreetly.  She found the hollow part within a minutes, and she knocked.  There were so many people around that they were not noticed.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Nezhir casually heads over to Kirl not wanting to raise suspicion. "If blood were to spill" A voice answers from inside the stage. Nezhir remembered hearing this before, but it wasn't the whole phrase. Thinking back to when he would eavesdrop on Mukhal and Alra the rest of the phrase became clearer.

"Then the dead shall not remain dead." a slight creaking noise echoed as a small opening appeared just big enough to crawl through.

JackieCat

Kirl looked expectantly at Nezhir as the small door opened.  She wasn't going to go first, she didn't trust the bounty hunter enough.  "Go on," she hissed quietly. "Before someone sees."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

"As you wish." Nezhir crawls in and the small opening which turned into a tunnel for a short bit then led into a wide chamber. There a woman dressed in a black and gray hooded robe stood among them.

"Greetings you two must be Nezhir and Ihnan, we heard reports of your forthcoming. What is your reason for having an interest in our order?"

"I am here to offer services as a bodyguard and my friend here wants to join your ranks."   

JackieCat

Kirl followed Nezhir and emerged out of the tunnel in time to hear what he said.  She glanced over the woman, here eyes filled with neutrality.  She showed no emotion.  A moment later Oax crawled through the tunnel behind her.  The hyena sat down next to Kirl and also looked at the woman.

"I have heard some about your order," Kirl said, her voice void of feeling. "I find it. . . intriguing."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

The woman scans them over with her eyes and nods. "Very well, Mukhal will be here in a few moments." And with that she makes her leave.

While in wait Nezhir turns to Kirl. "How well do you handle loud obnoxious aristocrats?" 

JackieCat

Kirl raised an eyebrow at his question. "I'm not sure," she answered truthfully. "Fairly well, I suppose, why?  Is Mukhal one?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Before Nezhir could answer a slim man lavished with accessories and wearing the same robe as the woman, but embroidered with silk design patterns bursts in through an entryway.

"Ah! Nezhir it has been to long!" The man pulls down his hood revealing slicked back black hair and a handlebar mustache. "I remember the last time I saw you, you beat some poor sod into the ground in the coliseum! And the last time I talked to you, you were serving Alra and I some fine wine!"

Nezhir grimaces at the thought of  having to deal with this man for more than he had as a slave. "We're not here to reminiscent about my past. We're here to join your order."   

"Right! Of course! Straight to business! Some things never change!"

"Unfortunately." Nezhir grumbles under his breath.

"I'll take our little initiate and set her up for the ritual." He gives a flirtatious wink to Kirl. "And Absha the woman you met a few minutes ago will show you around the place. You will most likely be our patrol guard."

JackieCat

Kirl stood by as Nezhir and the man conversed, and a ghost of a smile graced her lips as he winked at her.

"I would like to know a little more about this order before I join, if that is possible," Kirl said. "If not, would it be possible for me to know what the ritual entails before I go through with it?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor