Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gold Ain't So Sweet [Jackiecat]

Started by Jounin64, August 21, 2015, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

"Oh well nothing big just make and oath, cut your your hand and touch the statue of Mortem." Mukhal explains.

"For a cult your very discreet." Nezhir bluntly states.

"Your already here, you already know too much. No use hiding anything."

"That has holes...but I won't argue it."

JackieCat

Kirl nodded. "Alright, you mentioned looking around?"

Kirl wasn't sure if the oath was actually a magical bind, or just words, most likely magical.  She would just have to find out.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

"Nezhir will be getting the grand tour, you my dear initiate shall follow me into the ritual chamber."

Mukhal leads her into a strange room light by candles holding only an alter and a statue.

Meanwhile, Absha reappears from the same entrance Mukhal came in and leads Nezhir through that way.

JackieCat

Kirl followed Mukhal into the room and a moment later Absha renters and leads Nezhir away.

"So, Nezhir," Absha said. "You are looking to become a bodyguard here?  Not a member of the order?  It is very rewarding, serving under our One."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jounin64

Mukhal hands Kirl a knife. "Ihnan kneel before the statue of Mortem and recite this. When blood is spilled then the dead shall not remain dead. I here shall spill my own blood, for Mortem shall never remain dead. With my sacrifice it will bring Mortem that much closer to reaching the throne of the gods. Then cut your hand and touch the statue of Mortem.

Absha begins leading Nezhir through a corridor "I don't enter orders unless I know the details. Please tell me about this Mortem of yours and I may consider joining."

JackieCat

(OOC: I'm so sorry I didn't reply to this thread sooner!  I'd very much like to continue it, despite my absence.)

IC:  Kirl smiled her best pleased/evil smile, and it was quite convincing.  "Of course, but tell me more about the ritual, the magic sewn into it.  You must know, you seem very knowledgeable in these things."

She played well the part of a soon-to-be member eager for all information on the subject, and slightly flirtations as well.

^^^^

Absha's smiled as Nezhir asked about Mortem, obviously exited to speak about the one that she worshipped. "Mortem was a  man, but he became a god!  A god we worship.  He is the highest of all beings, and He commands all that we do!"  It was clear that she believed every word she spoke.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

OOC: No problem! I'm happy to continue this thread :)

Mukhal chuckles, beaming a charismatic style. "Now now my dear, there is only so much that I can state bluntly. All you need to know is that the ritual will let you see and feels things that you'd never imagine would be possible." His smile remained, but his eyes turned sinister. "Now perform the ritual, you really have no say at this point."

"Great, just another brainwashed zealot." Nezhir mutters to himself as the walk along the corridor. "Well he certainly sounds powerful. Is there any place where I can learn more about this great Mortem?"

JackieCat

Kirl knew that no matter what, she would have to preform the ritual now.  She didn't know if it was merely words that bound one once the ritual was done, or actual magic. 

Kirl nodded, smiling.  "Of course, I will do it."

Kirl started to repeat the words that Mukhal had said before.  "When blood is spilled then the dead shall not remain dead. I here shall spill my own blood, for Mortem shall never remain dead. With my sacrifice it will bring Mortem that much closer to reaching the throne of the gods."  Then she drew the knife along her palm, drawing blood, and touched the statue.  The whole time she could feel Oax's complete disagreement, and they hyena had tried to get her not to do it.  But she had.  And now, what was done, was done.

^^^^

Absha looked over at Nezhir and smiled again.  "In order to do that you will have to join the order.  You should, dear Nezhir.  The benefits are great, and when Mortem becomes even more powerful, he shall reward us in any way we like.  Though just serving him is the greatest reward I could ever wish for."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

(OOC: The effects are not permanent, Kirl will be back to normal by the end of this thread.)

With every step that Kirl performed, Mukhal watched in sheer delight. Notice the hyena's objection, he gives him a death glare. "Ah! very good, you may have nightmares and hallucinations of death, and if you're lucky our master for the next few days. Some other non common side effects may appear too, but that is a matter for another time. Follow me to our common room, you'll meet your fellow members there."

"How thick and lost is this woman?" Nezhir thinks, while his wrappings hides the disgust on his face. He ponders on how he'll deal with her, killing is out of the way because that will only make things complicated later. He finally decides to threaten her. He grabs her by the top and brings her face to face "Tell me before I cut your tongue out. That might be a blessing though after Nox returns."

JackieCat

"Ah!" Kirl sighed in contentment as the ritual was complete, her act still perfectly in tact. "Thank you, Mukhal, for instructing me through the ritual."

Oax sniffed Kirl and calmed, at least it would appear as the hyena was calm, though Kirl could feel the other being's discomfort.

"My hyena was simply confused," Kirl explained. "She did not completely understand the meaning of the ritual."

Absha gasped, her eyes wide, as Nezhir threatened her.  Despite her fear, she shook her head. "I cannot tell you anything!" she gasped. "Please!  Don't hurt me!  I have money  I can give you!  A lot!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

Mukhal clasps his hands together, grinning from ear to ear. "Not a problem at all my dear! I mean they are not human, they don't understand." A heavy noise rings through the chamber. In the northwest section, a door sized opening begins to appear.

"Ahh there is our ticket to the main quarters!" Putting one hand on the small of Kirl's back and leading with the other towards the exit, Mukhal continues. "So, shall we go?"

Nezhir sighs in frustration as he drops Absha to the floor. He draws a swrod and points it at her to stop her from getting up. "Listen to me, and listen well, I won't repeat myself. Nox has awakened, I don't know what relation there is between Nox and Mortem, but I'm sure there is one. I need to know this information so I can properly guard this...this well established religion."

JackieCat

Kirl laughed softly. "I'm glad you understand, not many animal's have our abilities."

She smiled sweetly at Mukhal as the door opened. "I cannot wait to see more!" She put her hand on his arm she they walked through the now open doorway.

Abasha gasped as she fell to the floor, but she didn't move to get up, not with a sword pointed directly at her throat.  Her eyes widened as Nezhir mentioned Nox.

"Nox has escaped?" she said incredulously. "Nox had been kept prisoner here for decades!  They are a very powerful demon, and we use its dark power to feed our spells and enchantments!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jounin64

(Sorry this took so long :c)

Smiling, Mukhal scans what he believes to be his new follower. After making sure that she has no hidden weapons, the rich cultist leads Kirl into the main quarters.

The door closes behind them, and a large crowd of cultists turn to see who their leader has brought with them. "Ladies! Gentlemen! Faithful followers of Mortem! Please welcome our new member Ihnan!"

Though it can't be seen behind his face wraps, Nezhir is smiling. Sheathing his sword, the bounty hunter knew he has the cult at a choke point. "Well as a bodyguard it'd be quite troublesome to protect this many people who can't defend themselves. You either let me in the library or I'll have to multiple my pay per member. The way I see it, there's really only one logical option."

JackieCat

Kirl smiled and nodded politely to the people assembled in the room as they clapped.

"It is a great honor to be here," she said. "I look forward to meeting you all much better." On her emphasis on 'all' she looked over to Mukhal and smiled sweetly and gently touched his arm once.

Abasha's eyes were wide. "I can't let you into the library!" she said. "That is sacred information!"

She drew herself up in an attempt to look more threatening, or perhaps just to make herself feel better, but there was still fear in her eyes.  "Besides, we don't even have to hire you!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor