Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The solid chains, the invisable scars (M) (Coma!~)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, September 22, 2015, 01:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Lizz had no idea what to order. Never been allowed to do it before. ''ehm... ehm...'' she started. ''just... some bread, cheese and water please.'' she said silently. She really would not know anything else. The waitress walked away again to pass the order to the kitchen and get the warm water and rags.

''Ma- I mean, Sir Coma... where do you come from?'' she asked after looking around. She recognised some faces from the slavemarket. Not as buyers but passerby's. All quietly juudging Coma since he seemed to own the girl now.

Coma

**He relaxed very slightly now that they were inside - but the disapproving stares of the other patrons grated on his nerves slightly.  Yet, how could he blame them?  He likely did look like a slave-owner at the moment; another factor that did make him want to depart back to his own realm.  At least there he would be quite safe from the angry glares.**

**He glanced round at the handful of other patrons; grumbling low under his breath as they quickly averted their gazes away from him.  As she spoke, he took his attention back to the girl; his muscular arms folding across his ebony armour and a sigh gently lifting his chest.**

"My realm... is a lot more dangerous than this one... there is very little visibility, it's very dark..."

**He cut himself off as the waitress returned, heavily slamming a bowl of warm water on the table together with some rags; unable to hide her judgemental glare as she turned and headed back off to the kitchen.  He didn't bother to react - there would be no persuading some people and he was well aware of that fact.**

"...pull the glass out of your wound, wash out the wound and use one of the rags to wrap around it."

**He would have offered to help with the task - but it was best for him to just offer directions.  He could understandably be quite heavy-handed and wouldn't have wanted to hurt her accidentally.**

"I plan to rent you a room and return to my realm..."

SilmeriaElemred

Lizz looked at Coma briefly and nodded. She grabbed one of the rags, folded it up and placed it between her teeth. It was not deep but having to pull something out was harder then when someone else did.

Fortunatly the glass was not deep though and she pulled it out rather quickly whilest biting in the rag and she quickly wiped her tears so she could clean it. She could not prevent blood being spilled on the wooden floor however.

The fact Coma did not help Lizz only made some people more angry. ''You even let her treat her own wound? What kind of a slavemaster are you.'' a man hissed.

''Sir Coma is not my Master. He bought me to save me. Or... something like that'' Lizz replied back actually rather fiercely for a broken girl like her. Although most harshness from her voice came from the pain the wound gave her. Cleaning it proved more difficult then she thought though. But somehow managed and soon her foot was, not to skillfully wrapped in one of the rags. Using the last clean one she had made wet first and put aside to clean the blood from the floor.

She had heard the words regarding him leave though too.

''When will Sir Coma be back?...'' she asked a little hesitant. She looked at him, actually a little fearful.

Coma

**His refusing to help definitely made him look like a monster - there was no doubt in that.  However, for a creature nearing 8ft in height with a great deal of physical strength; it made sense.  He had long since learnt that other races could be quite fragile - something that would help a member of his own kind would likely just make matters many times worse for someone from a different race.  That wasn't to say that he didn't feel bad for the girl having to do it herself, though...**

**He turned his head toward the man that had addressed them, tensing very slightly at the challenge, but deciding against acting on it - it would do the girl no favours for him to lose his temper and attack the man.  Lizz actually speaking up surprised him; but she was owed some sort of explanation as to why he offered no help.  His pale hand reached for a solid wood candlestick, pallid fingers wrapping around the thick ornament and tightening.  There was no degree of effort from him, just the frightening creaking and snapping of wood as it shattered into splinters.  With a neat throw, the remains of the candlestick were tossed to the man, that characteristic shrug given once again.**

"I would help, but I have no desire to hurt you."

**A shake of his head was given as she began to move to clean up the blood - it was best for her to rest for a while and not concern herself with the mess.  There was no rush to clean it up as far as he was concerned.**

"Leave it.  I'll clean it up later."

**A pause was given before he attempted to answer her next question... he had a feeling that she might not like the response; but there wasn't too much he could do about that - he didn't belong in this world and needed to go back to his own realm...**

"It's hard to say.  Time passes differently in my world.  If I come back, it may not be for several years."

SilmeriaElemred

The girl actually seemed shocked. Sure, she was not allowed to see him as a sort of master but deep within she did not know any better. ''Please... don't leave...'' she said silently. ''M-Moras will find me again... If you have to go please take me with you. I don't want to be alone. I'm scared... and it is dark outside... I do not have anyone but you so please don't leave me behind too...'' her whole body trembled and it was no secret she was frightened till the core.

Coma

**There was a look of bewilderment from the demon - he honestly hadn't expected the girl to come out with such a heartfelt plea for him to stay.  It was undoubtedly a predicament - there was no way that he belonged here and she certainly couldn't come with him.  A moment of silent contemplation was allowed, accompanied by a minuscule shake of his head, his voice taking on a surprisingly tender note of comforting pity.**

"You can't come with me... and I can't stay here.  Neither one of us belongs in the others' realm."

**There had to be a compromise... perhaps, if she were older, she could accompany him to his own realm - but that would be far too dangerous for her at the moment.  If the other demons didn't get her, the other predators in the realm would.  Yet... she could be taught to look after herself in this realm in time perhaps...**

"I have my own family and I need to be with them.  Would you feel better if I taught you how to protect yourself and visited more regularly?"

SilmeriaElemred

''I'm... afraid to be alone but... I am a bother right? I know... because I distracted mommy to much my first Master sold me off. Even at the slavemarked nobody wanted to buy me...'' she sobbed

It had been rubbed into her more often then not that she was a pain to have around. She was not tall. Not strong. And was basicly called useless and worthless. She had been easily frightened, growing in up an abusive household where she often heard the women scream as they were used for pleasure and no matter how many times her mother covered her little ears she could still hear every cry and slap given.

''If it is a bother then don't come.'' she muttered. ''If your family misses you then stay there.. because I can not ask to see me every day.''

Remarkably none of the other patrons responded. None of them had the funds to look after some half even kid.

''Just bring her to the damn orphanage already...'' the waitress said as she placed down a plate of bread, cheese and water on the table.

Coma

**This... was going to be much harder than he had first anticipated.  It clearly wasn't going to be as simple as just finding somewhere safe for the girl to live out her life until she was old enough to make her own way in the world.  She was understandably distrustful, frightened of those that she had encountered so far... and he couldn't blame her for that.  However, that didn't stop the niggling thought in the back of his sharp mind - he shouldn't have become involved... he should have ignored what was happening and just put it down to just how this world was.  However, now... there was no lamenting what he had done - the girl was in tears and he couldn't help but feel responsible for that.**

"...No, that's not it.  My kind are supposed to feed on races like yours... and I have no doubt that others would."

**His realm remained firmly out of bounds to her for that reason primarily - with any element of surprise gone, Coma was well aware that he posed little challenge to certain members of his kind.  Darker creatures would take pleasure in defeating him and killing her - or torturing her for all eternity, just to spite him for his gentleness towards the unfortunate little creature.  There would be little he could do to stop it once she'd been captured by someone like that.**

**No, she had to stay here... there was no other choice...**

**The waitress distracted him from his thoughts and those obsidian eyes flicked to her, glancing her up and down for a moment and tensing dangerously.  For all his passive appearances and gentle-seeming nature, Coma was still a demon - and he was rapidly losing his temper from the aggravating locals.**

"I would... unless you want to take her..."

**There was no question to his tone - he already knew that the waitress would have no interest or ability to take the child on.  There was a new harshness to his voice, however... an unspoken suggestion for the waitress and the other patrons to just go back to their own business.  Those intense eyes quickly turned back to the sobbing child and he leaned a little closer, speaking just to her; his voice noticeably softer.**

"I want to help you, but I do have obligations back in my own realm.  I can ask my son to watch you if I need to return for longer than a few days.  Would that be better?"

SilmeriaElemred

''I already have four kids. I can not afford to look after a fifth.'' The waitress muttered. ''Most here can not afford it and others do not have the patience. Or a wife. Hence I said. Orphanage.''

The girl just gave some quiet nods. She drank some water first before she nibbled on the piece of still warm fresh darkbrown bread with the cheese. The taste was good but also strange; she had only been used to eat scraps and old bread which was mouldy or had been thrown on the floor.

''As long as I am not alone or abadoned again...'' she muttered. ''If... If I am stronger... can I come with you then?''

Coma

"So, an outsider to this realm needs to do it?  Then leave me to it without comment."

**That harsh tone was gone... he could commiserate on one level, but it still baffled him that he had to be the one to get involved and decide the fate of the girl.  His mind had briefly travelled to the other slaves sold before her in this realm - but there was little he could do for them.  He had freed slaves before in other realms... but they had been considerably older than Lizz.  They hadn't needed any guidance or instruction... they had just fled.**

**At Lizz's new question, he allowed a sigh - even stronger, someone such as her would be a temptation to the nastier creatures in his realm.  He had no desire to see her hunted down and killed.  There was a very slight shrug, his gaze dropping the the table.**

"Maybe."

**He took the opportunity to stand before the child could question him further and turned his attention back to the waitress who still lingered nearby.  He was beginning to scope out how this realm worked - should he ask for a room for both of them, minds would jump to him wanting to abuse the child out of sight of others... and he couldn't bear that suggestion.**

"I need two rooms, ideally close to each other for the foreseeable future.  I also want to pay for her to order what she needs each day."

**Rather than putting forward the impression of being a sick-minded pervert, he was now inadvertently laying down that he had far more money than first impressions would suggest.  It remained to be seen whether that was a good thing or not... but he was quite adept at shaking off unwanted attentions, so it was no bother to him in the long run.**

SilmeriaElemred

''If you can pay in advance, I am sure we can arrange something. For how long do you wish to book them.'' the waitress asked. ''Every month, including three meals a day, will be 35 gold for both of you together.''

Lizz just looked down in guilt, still quietly eating until it was all gone. Already had Coma paid a lot to get her away from Moras.

Coma

"I don't need food."

**It was better not to say that his kind didn't sleep either - for him, the room was a pointless endeavour, a means to show that he had no desire to be with the girl while she slept; but intended to remain at a suitably close proximity in case she needed his help.  A glance was given at the girl, a lightning-fast calculation of her age was undertaken, before he looked back to the waitress.**

"Until she's old enough to make her own way.  About ten years."

**His mind put the total at 4,200 gold immediately.  An amount that would be galling to anyone else - but didn't trouble him.  After all, for a creature that could materialise such things out of thin air; there was little to concern himself over.  On the table behind him, without any degree of thought or effort, a large hessian bag appeared - it bulged with the coins inside of it and the table creaked very slightly from the new weight suddenly on it.  Coma allowed a gesture to the bag, quietly instructing the waitress to take it and buying her favour, for Lizz more than himself, with a single smooth comment.**

"That should be more than enough... take any extra and feed your children."

**There had been no effort to trick the waitress into wishing as he had with Moras - despite slightly irritating him, there was no reason to steal her soul and doom her to an eternity of torment and misery.  Besides, the extra money might see her watching over and growing protective of the girl when he couldn't be there...**

**He returned his attention to Lizz, who had just about finished her meal; carefully stepping closer to her and studying her bandaged foot - it seemed to have stopped bleeding at least...**

SilmeriaElemred

Everyone, including Lizz, was suprised and amazed. The innkeeper who also present. He had heard some ruckus from the back.

''Ten years may be long. A lot can happen in that time. Also, any extra could perhaps be used to send the girl to school. Would for whatever reason this inn stop to exist the money can be used to harbour the two of you somewhere else.'' The waitress replied.

She was not sure if she would take anything for herself. As tempting as it was, hearing that the man in front of her did not need to eat, could appearantly summon gold at will and crush something into small bits she did not want to take what was not hers. Her honesty was perhaps a bit of a disappointment to the innkeeper who owned the place. At the least though he now had enough money to renovate the place, expand, and make profit with the passage of time. This inn was after all one of the 'poorer' ones.

The sack of gold though was no light weight.

''Minerva, could you show our guests to their room?'' the innkeeper asked. Asking a few of his other waitresses to divide the gold into sacks of a hundred.

Minerva nodded and looked at Coma and Lizz. ''I could assign the attic to you both. It are the largest rooms. It is basicly the attic split in two. Can you walk so many stairs with your foot?'' the waitress asked.

Most likely because she was used to work through pain, Lizz nodded. ''I will be able to do that.'' she assured.

Coma

**Coma displayed no such emotion - such matters were moot to him.  Currency wasn't an issue in his realm and the whole prospect of it had always confused him.  Perhaps it came from coming from a race that simply created what they needed and that forged alliances to address what individuals could not do themselves.  His expression remained as unwavering and steadfast as ever as the waitress spoke to him.**

**Ten years was a mere blink of time to him - he was, after all, millennia old.  He allowed a nod of his head at the suggestion of schooling the girl, his gaze turning to the man he correctly guessed was the owner of this place.**

"So long as the girl is well cared for, I will pay to keep this place running."

**This might turn out to be quite beneficial for both the innkeeper and the demon.  While she was protected and looked after, he was guaranteed a livlihood - which was likely quite an attractive option in this civilisation.  This would also grant Coma the freedom to come and go as he needed to.**

**It was strange that the atmosphere had changed so rapidly as soon as gold had become involved.  Coma could tell almost immediately that he no longer had disapproving glares on him... at least that was something.  A light gesture of his hand was given for Lizz to follow the waitress; he would trail along behind them.**

**Undeniably, there was the desire to return to his own realm immediately - but he ought to ensure that the attic wasn't some sort of prison.  Part of this impromptu deal, as far as he was concerned, was that Lizz was treated well - not as some sort of money generator or prisoner...**

SilmeriaElemred

Lizz was not so fast with climbing the stairs since her foot hurt but after climbing two long staircases, they ended up in a small way with one large room on the left, and another large room at the right. Both had rather proper beds for an inn of this stature but most likely with the gold, would soon get newer and better ones. There was a window in each room with a heavy but bit damaged curtain, a table, a chair a dresser and wardrope.

The wooden floorboards did crack however with almost every step but the wood was not rotten.

''I can not promise me or the other waitresses can look after her while we work. Some patrons do have wandering hands no matter the age of the woman so she would be asked to retreat to her room after a specific hour. When I bring my son to school tomorrow I will ask if there is a place for her. She had never had any education most likely though so it is not easy for her. Not to mention she is clearly traumatised with whatever happened with her. So she could be unpredictable too. Something tells me you will not always be around either. Or will you see to it someone can be with her.''

Coma

**The girl did commendably well, considering she was obviously in pain.  Still, a few days would likely see her improved and the measures he was putting in place should at least give her some sense of normality until her teenage years.  Coma glanced at the room, allowing a nod of his head - it would do.  For her, it was sufficient - for him, it would likely be torturous.  His kind were nomadic and much preferred to keep moving.  For that reason, there were only a few settlements where he came from... the vast majority of his race travelled and preferred to see the world.**

"Are you happy with this?"

**His voice reached the child, his arms folding.  He allowed himself to straighten up to his full height as he stepped into the main part of the room... thankfully the ceiling was high - allowing a handful of inches above him.  As in any realm, things were seldom made for beings of his height - it was an inconvenience he had grown very used to.**

**There was a vague sense of distaste from him that anyone would want to take advantage of a child, a low snarl under his breath and the hint of irritation to his voice again.**

"Perhaps make it known that I'm quite happy to kill anyone who touches her with that in mind."

**A nod was given to the waitress after these surprisingly cold words, the uncomfortable feeling dissipating from the air quite quickly as the discussion turned to school instead.**

"Where I am from... there are tutors that come to the child.  I would be grateful if you could perhaps see if any of the teachers are interested in that."

**Other children might not be a good idea for Lizz - he could see that.  Given time, perhaps he could bring one of his race's own children so she could learn the social abilities needed to converse with her own age group... but he got the feeling she would be taken advantage of.**

"I... cannot always be around... if I have to leave for long periods of time, I will try and arrange someone to be with her..."

SilmeriaElemred

Minerva nodded. ''I will pass the message to anyone who as much as wrong ideas about her. Then again the owner always wanted to rebuild this inn into something more proper. Also for richer folks. He can pay for someone to throw troublemakers out. Regarding education, you clearly are wealthy enough to pay for a personal tutor. I could ask if one of the teachers would want to do so. Everyone likes to make an extra coin.''
Her gaze went to Lizzbeth who had not answered the question yet. But she saw the girl nodding quickly.

''I like this place. It's warm.'' she said softly. ''And spacious'' she looked at Coma and rubbed tears away. But still the girl smiled. Somehow it were happy tears. Still it did not take away she did not like he had to leave and hoped he spoke true regarding that he could send someone else.

Still. This whole room was, aside from when she had to clean the mansion, more spacious then the chains she was used to allowed her to go. The girl walked towards the bed and laid her head on it. ''It's soft...'' she said quietly.

Coma

"You have my thanks."

**Lizz was, by now, exploring what was going to be her new home.  She was a thin, malnourished creature - and the fact that she was in rags hadn't escaped him.  Perhaps something could be done about that as well.  His voice was softer when he spoke to the waitress again, a new suggestion offered as she had seemed unwilling to take the extra money for herself earlier and seemed the kind who would prefer to earn it.**

"If you can see to it that she receives new clothes, I will pay you for your trouble."

**There was that rare suggestion of a smile as Lizz passed her verdict on the bed and he turned his attention to what would be his own room for just a moment.  At least, in between seeing a tutor and being at least partially under the eyes of the inn staff, she should be safe enough for him to travel as he needed to.  With luck, he would not have to spend long in that room...**

SilmeriaElemred

Minerva sighed deeply. ''I do not have that much free time you know... I work fourteen hours a day. Perhaps she fits something from my own children from when they were younger. Otherwise I could ask my oldest son to bring her to the local tailor.'' she replied.

She looked at the girl who was now awfully quiet and litterly had fallen asleep sitting against the bed with her head on the bed.

''She could use a bath too but truth be told... she seems so frail and bruised I'm kind of afraid to do it since I will most likely hurt her.''

Coma

**There was a gentle nod of his head, a handful of gold coins produced and offered to her without a thought.  Coma had little knowledge of clothing or tailors - it was simple knowledge that the rags the girl currently wore were just not sufficient.**

**He might have helped the girl lay more completely on the bed; but just as Minerva had worries about hurting her, so did he.  Only his were compounded by the natural strength that came with his kind.  For the briefest of seconds, there was a very slight spark of amusement in those abysmal eyes as he spoke to the waitress again.**

"You're far less likely to hurt her than I am..."

**Such things could be sorted out later - the girl would likely improve after a few weeks of eating properly and being taken care of.  With any luck, her true character would emerge and she could actually start to adjust to not being at someone's beck and call at all hours.  Of course, there was the danger of her simply not adjusting well to this new lifestyle - but that would have to be addressed nearer the time should it happen...**