Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

DragonSong's Wants and Limits

Started by DragonSong, October 29, 2015, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

PLAYER WANTS

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
I'm game for basically anything!

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
You know what, I'll try anything once :)

I have tried a thing that I did not enjoy! Which was combat-only. Not a fan. In depth fight scenes are definitely fun to write, but I'd love to have them happen inside of a larger plot please!

How often can you reply to any given thread?
Once a day, usually. Very very rarely I will have a day where I am too busy to post, but I'll try to be polite and always let you know!

Update: Life is crazy! I'll still try my darnedest to do once-a-day posts, but if it takes me a few days I ask that you be patient, I promise I'm trying ^.^

A further update!! Life is still crazy and sometimes writing is really difficult for me for Silly Brain Reasons (super fun!). I'll really really try for once a week or so—some days may be better than others, but I will always try to let you know if I need an extra long break.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
As long as you need!  Some notification would be nice if it's gonna be a while though. If it's been longer than two weeks I may ask what's up, but if I know a reply is coming I'll wait pretty much indefinitely.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
Not really into this, sorry folks. If necessary PM and we can try to work something out.

Are you open to post volleying?
If you catch me online, have at it! Or hey, if you're real determined, PM and let's work out a specific time :)

Anything else?
Communication is key!!!
...But seriously, you do you, I'm flexible :)

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Powerplay: As long as no serious injuries/death/transformation (i.e. vamps, werewolves, etc.) happens without asking me first. Other than that have at it!
Godmoding: Please do not.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I'm not a fan of love triangles as a rule, but if you're really itching for one just talk to me about it. Age doesn't really bother me if it's reasonable (like, no more than 10-12ish years apart. Max. If both participants are adults. Unless they're immortal beings/super long-lived or whatever, I'm more flexible there). Other than that I'll try anything once!

What are your limits in regards to sex?
Ah, no super in-depth descriptions please. That's pretty much my only limit. Write the whole scene if you want, just don't be graphic please. Of course implication, fade to black, pre/post scenes are all fine. I'm totally willing to go there if that happens though!

There should be some reason for it, not just "because they can".

A quick note: the more comfortable I am with another writer, the more likely I am to be about playing this kinda stuff out a bit more if that's what my thread partner is looking for.

Another note: I have grown as a writer since making this! I am now comfortable writing out these scenes, if that's what my partner wants, but I do ask that you don't just jump right in there with no warning for me, and I will also say that consent once does not mean consent forever. If I'm not feeling writing a scene out, I'll let you know and we can do some implication/fade-out ^.^

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
I feel like all of these things are situation-based. Talk to me about it, we'll see what happens.

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
(Are you comfortable with violent scenes? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)
Violence is fine, as long as there's no like amputation without prior discussion. And no unnecessary gore please. Necessary gore is fine, it's great! Unnecessary gore irks me.

NOTE: I'm not really a fan of threads that exist solely for the purpose of combat. It's great if you like them, that's just not really what I like to read or write. Of course combat scenes to spice up the story and propel an adventure along are great, I just ask that you don't try to make a thread with me just about a long, drawn-out fight.

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
Basically, communicate with me. Some things I might be interested in exploring, some things I'm more comfortable implying, and some I just won't do. That said, if it's part of a character's history, and not something we are actively writing, go for it.

AN UPDATE: HI! I do not want to write out a detailed rape scene. Just don't. Please don't ask. If it's that important to you, I'm not the best RP partner.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
(Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?)
Yeah, please ask. Again, this seems like a case-by-case thing to me. Against my character's will is fine, against my will...not so much.

What about healing?
Ask me first please :)

Anything else?
Let's go adventuring!