Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Close Call [Heretic King][M]

Started by WinterWorks, November 01, 2015, 03:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinterWorks

Lira sat among the treetops, looking out over the ocean.  It was a warm day, but the slight breeze kept her comfortable.  The birds around her chirped enthusiastically, the lot of them enjoying the beautiful afternoon.  Lira leaned back, her tattooed body being supported by the massive trunk of the tree in which she sat.  She closed her eyes and let her mind wander.  She thought about taking a swim in the ocean, since it was relatively rare to see it so calm.  She also knew she had to go gathering.  I'll just sit here only a while longer.  Those things can wait, she thought.  Lira fell asleep to the gentle sounds of the ocean and the halcyon melodies of the jungle birds.

She was suddenly jolted awake by the sounds of voices on the beach.  They were exclusively male, with thick accents she had never heard.  She opened her eyes, but didn't move a muscle.  The men were on the beach, about thirty yards from where she sat in the canopy.  They were loud and rowdy. One man seemingly in his late forties, who wore a large black hat on his head, was facing the direction of the jungle and holding a map out in front of him.  Two others, both appearing younger, pushed and shoved each other behind him.  A fourth man, who had no left arm, came up and stood beside the first.  She couldn't hear what they were saying over the loud shouts and laughs of the two other men who were fighting each other.  Finally, the one with the hat turned to face them.

"Shut up and get over here!"  He shouted.  The two men suddenly stopped their rough-housing and walked over to him.  The man with the hat seemed slightly scary now, due to how quickly the two rowdy ones obeyed him.  It was as though they were afraid of him.  As they came closer, Lira saw that one of the two rowdy ones had a red bandanna wrapped around his head.  The other had a pair of broken glasses.  She wondered if it was broken before the fight.  Maybe they had fought before.  As soon as the two came over, they four of them began marching into the forest, towards her.  Where did they even come from?  I see no ship... She thought.

She held her breath as the men passed directly beneath her.  They talked loudly amongst themselves.

"I heard there were vicious tribes around here!  What if they stop us from getting to the treasure?  Do you think they know where it is too?"  The one with the glasses asked.

"You're an idiot.  The tribes here couldn't hurt a fly.  Hell, they don't even have wars on these islands.  If anyone tries to stop us, it'll be a piece of cake to take 'em out,"  responded the one with the hat.  Once they were passed, and a good distance away, Lira jumped out from the tree and followed them.  What treasure are they talking about?  There's no treasure here.  The only things even resembling treasure are the emerald necklaces and jewelry the maha shamans wear during rituals...

Quietly, Lira followed them.  She made sure to keep a large distance between them so they wouldn't hear her.  It wasn't long before the group of four stopped to get their bearings.  The man with the hat gave the map to the armless one, and walked over to a fallen tree to sit.  The other two walked around and examined the plants and bugs which occupied the jungle floor.  Lira had to crouch.  If she tried to climb a tree now, they'd surely see her.  She stared intently at the men moseying about.  One of them, the one with the bandanna, began walking closer to her hiding place.  She could feel her heart begin to beat faster as she prayed to the gods he wouldn't see her.  The mad took just one more step, before stopping less than five feet from her.  Lira looked up, right into his eyes.  He gave a yellow-toothed grin before suddenly reaching down and pulling her up by her hair.

"Hey boss, would you lookie here!  I caught a wild one!"  He sneered.  The other three men ran over to where bandanna-man held her tightly by her hair.  Lira kicked and squirmed and shouted, but was quickly silenced by his other hand.  Lira tried screaming, but her cries were muffled by the man's filthy hand. 

"Yes, would you look at that.  An Indigenous.  Good job Marl, I didn't think you were capable of anything but getting your ass kicked by Ren."  The man with the hat said.  He casually walked over to her and stroked her cheek with the back of his hand.  Lira shook her head violently and kicked her feet, hoping to get him where he was most vulnerable.  Marl responded by gripping her hair tighter, causing Lira to cry out in pain.

"Oh my.  She's a real fighter, this one.  Pretty too.  I bet you're the talk of your tribe, with those good looks," Hat-man said.  He smiled at her.  It was the kind of smile one would expect to receive from an old friend or family member. 

"Give her to me."  He told Marl.  Marl pushed her towards him, letting go of her mouth for a mere second.  Just before Hat-man could grab her, she spun around and spat in Marl's face.  Marl let out a yell, and threw a punch at her.  As she dodged it, she lost her balance.  Hat man grabbed her from behind, and threw her down on the ground.  There, he held her in place with one knee pressing against her ribs.  He leaned over her, giving that same smile he had just given moments before.

"Yeah, you're a real prize aren't you sweetheart?  It's been quite some time since I've seen a pretty girl like you.  You must understand how...unbearable...that's been for me, don't you?"  Lira knew exactly what he was thinking.  She needed to get away.  Right now.  She began kicking and screaming with all of her strength.  Using her fear as fuel, she began growing the vines from the nearby trees, wrapping them around his feet and waist.  She had never been so terrified in all her life.

Medievarad

((Yes. You might want to tag it M. Seeing as Usagi is rather brutal when nescessary.))

"I suggest you start running now." A soft voice came from behind the group. A gentle voice. Yet, a threatening tone was heard in it. The voice was smothered slightly. The voice belonged to a masked stranger. A woman, judging from her voice. A light and slender frame. Yet. The masked woman also looked like a seething demon. The mask only assisting in this guise. Red and exotic robes clothing her.

In her hands were two lethal kama, brandished and ready to reap the lives of the group of four. She wouldn't waste any other words on them. A simple warning. She hated these kind of people. Taking what they wished. And in this case. It was a native woman.

WinterWorks

"I suggest you start running now."
The hat-man jumped when he heard a voice behind him that did not originate from one of his men.  While keeping pressure applied to Lira's chest, he turned around and sneered.  Lira craned her neck to see who it was that the voice came from.  It was a young woman.  She had light skin, and black hair.  She was obviously not from around here.  Her frame was thin as a two-year bur oak.  In her hands, she held two blades.  They were terrifying.  She had never seen weapons which were shaped in such a way.  She was dressed in red, and upon closer inspection, she noticed her eyes had a red glint to them.  She was unsure whether it was a reflection of her robes, or they were naturally that color.  Those same eyes were locked on the man with the hat.  They were soul-piercing.

"Hahahaha! Boys, it's our lucky day!"  He laughed.  The woman didn't move.  She stood their in such a way that was both casual, and menacing.  It was a remarkable feat for such a frail looking female.  The man with the missing arm spoke up quickly.

"What are you doing Ren?  Get her!"  He shouted at the man with the broken glasses.  Ren began lumbering towards her with a grin that was even more repulsive than Marl's.

"You made a baaad mistake messing with us, little lady!"  He said. 

Lira tightened the vines on the hat man's ankles, and attempted to pull him off of her.  As the vines tugged, he let out a shout and let go of her.  He fell to the ground, grabbing back onto Lira's foot as she struggled to get up.  His nails dug into her, causing Lira to cry out in pain.  She momentarily lost control over the vines, giving Hat-man a chance to get on top of her again.

"How dare you use magic on me!"  He shouted, before slapping her hard across the face.  Dazed, Lira went limp.

Medievarad

"I warned you.." She merely sighed, pulling down the demonic mask infront of her face. The man who lumbered towards her was first. The snap of brittle bones filled the air and within the blink of an eye, Usagi was behind the man. His elbow twisted the other way. A loud cry resounded from him. "Pathetic." She merely sighed. "Come at me. All at once, if you hope to defeat me."

WinterWorks

Lira couldn't think straight.  First, the man with the hat had been on top of her, and now he was gone.  She opened her eyes to see three of the men rushing towards the young woman, who was now boasting a strange mask.  The fourth man, Ren, was lying on the ground shrieking, his arm bent at an odd angle.  She quickly got to her feet and ran to a nearby tree.  She was too weak to climb it, and instead posed ready to run in case this strange girl couldn't defeat the three men.  Lira winced as the three men sprinted towards the girl.  Surely this will be the end of both of us... She thought.

Medievarad

"Tch." The kama slipped from her hands as she surged forward, unarmed. Meeting the three pirates in the midst of their charge. A blur of movement. She jumped up in the air, with a swift and punishing spinkick dispatching the first pirate. Yet she whinced in pain as she backed slightly. Her hip was still wounded. She grit her teeth as she put her hand on the wound, a tremendous punch hitting her cheek, the mask cracking. So did her jaw, knocking her off of her feet.

She cursed her own powerlessness as she was pulled to her feet. Shouting to hold her. She felt the mask pulled off of her face and closed her eyes. A rain of punches at her abdomen and wounded hip. She merely grinned. This was just taling a breather. Despite the pain, she was just mustering her strength once more.

A trickle of blood ran down her hip. Seemed the stitches had broken. Well. No time to waist. Whomever punching her was also getting tired. And instead, hands groped wherever they could grope, mainly targeting her small bust. She felt a cold barrel pressed against her head. Most likely a flintlock.

Usagi felt her lips forced against her own, a tongue pressed against her lips and pushing into her mouth. Disgusting. She tasted the booze. Utterly disgusting. She bit down with a sickening crunch, swinging her elbow against the head of her captor.

She ducked down, ripping the tongue from his mouth, pulling the pistol from his hand and turning around. Usagi pressed the pistol against  the remaining pirate's abdomen and pulled the trigger. A loud shot resounded and she spat out the severed tongue, discarding the flintlock. "Disgusting." She said as she wiped her mouth. Going to pick her mask up, wiping it clean with a faint smile. It seemed like that mask was important to her.

WinterWorks

Lira stared in both horror and fascination as the girl, seemingly effortlessly, punched the armless pirate.  The blow was so forceful, that once the pirate hit the ground, he didn't get up.  Only seconds after, she saw the leader, who's hat was now on the ground, pressed against her, his gun to her head.  Damn! How did I not notice they all had guns?  Stupid! Lira thought.  The man was touching her in places that one normally would not dare to touch, and pressing his face against hers.  She could hear the birds talking amongst themselves in the canopy, full of fear for the two girls.  Lira knew though, that they would never intervene.  Their excited chatter was loud to her ears, and only served to heighten her fear.  Just as Lira was about to run, certain that the pirate would shoot the girl and come for her, she saw the girl make a well-calculated blow to the man's head.  Momentarily confused, it gave her time to rip his tongue from his mouth, take his pistol, and end him then and there.  To Lira, the entire fight lasted less than a minute.  Can I even call that a fight?  She absolutely terminated them!

Lira, still standing next to the tree, stared at the girl as she retrieved her mask from the jungle floor.  She noticed a thin line of red running down her hip.  Certainly from a previous fight, as none of the pirates had used blades.

"Thank you."  Lira said earnestly, dropping to one knee and bowing slightly to show her gratitude.

Medievarad

A woman dropped infront of her to her knee, thanking her. She arched an eyebrow, spitting out some blood to the side. Her own and the pirate's. She looked down at her. She nodded slowly as she turned around, going to collect her kama once more, picking the two weapons up. Walking with a limp. "Go home." She said as she collapsed through her left leg. The wound was getting worse.

WinterWorks

Lira stood up, slightly confused about the girl's cold reaction.  She turned away to collect her weapons, Lira still did not know what they were, and told her to go home.  Despite seeing that this girl was obviously someone who's bad side she didn't want to get on, she stayed in place.

"Your leg.  You need bandages.  I will not go home, knowing that you are still wandering in this jungle with a wound such as that."  She said.

Medievarad

Usagi put down her kama in the sand, turning around to sit down, rather than kneeling, sith a pained hiss. She pulled the small cloth sash loose and pulled the robes up at her left hip. Revealing not only her cloth underwear, but bloodsoaked bandages on her left hip. She looked at the native woman blankly. Unemberassed. After a brief silence, she sighed. "Fine."

WinterWorks

"It's only right that I repay you a kindness."  Lira walked over to the woman, who was now sitting on the ground with her bandaged wound exposed from under her clothing.  Normally, visitors from other lands were very shy.  She, on the other hand, showed little emotion, not caring in the slightest.  What a cold one... She thought.  She knelt beside the woman, almost afraid to touch her, for fear of getting her hand chopped off by one of her strange weapons. 
"I do not have bandages with me.  There are plenty in my village, if you would like to come with me to have them changed.  For now, it is is important to stop your bleeding.  The best thing we can do is rearrange them to that the clean side is covering your wound."  Lira bent down, and gently began removing the bandages from her hip.  It only took a few minutes for Lira to switch the cloth bandage around enough so a clean side covered the wound. 

Medievarad

She looked at Lira as she undid the bandages. "Fine.." She said. Perhaps she could find someone able to remoce the stitches and seal the wound shut again. And give her some medicine or at least a painkiller. She hissed in pain as Lira touched a particular spot of the wound. "Careful.." Sounded from her clenched teeth.

The wound itself seemed to be a festering infection. Not only roughly stitched. But also a milky, yellow fluid oozing out. The flesh at the sides starting to become a light shade of purple. It seemed extremely painful. And a miracle she was still able to walk..

WinterWorks

Lira gave a halfhearted smile, trying to add some positivity to the situation.  They both knew the wound was badly infected, and it would be in her best interest to get to Lira's village quickly. 
"I'll help you up,"  She said, extending her hand to the woman.  "I am Lira.  What is your name?"  She asked.

Medievarad

She grabbed the hand, her face still devoid of emotions. "My name is Usagi." She said with the same cold tone, pulling herself up.

Tags: