Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hunter and Hunted [Glob] [M]

Started by DragonSong, February 03, 2016, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Oh." He blinked. "Well, um. Alright then." A sorceress. He was so out of his depth.

It seemed pretty clear that she could handle herself, but he couldn't help casting concerned glances at her as they walked along. She just didn't look like she should be so comfortable hiking through the woods like this.

"So," he said eventually as they were nearing the trading post. "Just what kinda help were you looking for. Course I'll do what I can," he added hurriedly. "Just wanna make sure I can live up to your expectations."

DaGlobster

"Just a guide," Stygia said, and she looked him over. She smiled.

"I'm sure you won't disappoint."

DragonSong

Flushing, Theoden mumbled, "I'll do my best, ma'am."

They had reached the trading post now. "You'd best stick close," he suggested, glancing at her sidelong. "These people aren't always...polite."

DaGlobster

"Don't you worry, I'll be just fine," Stygia said, and she led the way, putting a nice amount of sway to her hips.

"I'll be in the tavern. Don't keep me waiting," she hummed, and gave him a pleasant little wave as she headed over.

DragonSong

Letting out a breath, Theoden watched her go, shaking his head. Damn. What just happened?

Trying to focus, he made his way to Vern, a rugged man who usually bought his game for their pelts. After some good-natured haggling, he managed to score a few coins.

Well, the woman had said not to keep her waiting. He made his way to the tavern, giving a quick nod and smile to the few regulars who recognized him and raised their voices in welcome. His eyes flickered around the dimly lit space. Where had she gotten to?

DaGlobster

Stygia waited in the back, occupying a small booth for two. She waved at Theoden, giving him another bright smile.

DragonSong

Smiling in return, Theoden wove his way across the room to the booth and slid onto a seat. "So." He propped his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his hands. "What exactly is it I can do for you, Miss Stygia?"

DaGlobster

"Well, like I said, I want to hire a guide to take me to Tír Tandölír. I can describe the surrounding area, but I'm not familiar with the area," Stygia said.

DragonSong

He shrugged. "Like I said, I'll do what I can. Any description would be helpful- it may even be possible I've gone by the place without knowing it was there," he said with a small chuckle.

DaGlobster

"Well, I know that the place lies downriver in a glen of rare trees. There are a lot of white flowers in the area as well."

Stygia cleared her throat.

"The entrance is set into the ground. The whole village lies beneath the earth."

DragonSong

Theoden tilted his head. "White flowers?" he repeated, musing. "Uh...are the petals sorta angular? Do you know?"

Maybe a little too specific of a question, but glens with flowers weren't exactly uncommon in the woods. He could think of two or three places that fit her description.

DaGlobster

"Yes! Angular petals, those are the ones. "

Stygia thoguht for a moment.

"The glen's filled with white flowers, though. Just white flowers."

DragonSong

"I think I know the place," he said excitedly, giving her a quick grin. Scratching at his cheek, he asked, "You wanna head out now, or buy a drink or something first." He nodded toward the bar. "You said you'd been out there most of the day, you probably should at least have some water or something..."

DaGlobster

"I'm fine," Stygia said, and after a few moments of silence, she looked back up at Theoden.

"Listen, I don't have any gold to pay you with, but if you get to where I need to go, I'll be very grateful," Stygia said, and she leaned forward a bit, putting her bust on display.

DragonSong

His eyes flicked down and back up, face going red. Was she implying what he thought she was implying? "Th-that's-" He winced slightly at the stammer and cleared his throat. "Um, don't worry about it. It's no trouble, really."

Face burning, he stood quickly and nodded toward the door. "Shall we then?"

DaGlobster

Oh, was he going to do this for free? Even better! Still, he was a handsome one, and Stygia'd be lying if she said she wasn't curious. She'd never been with a wood elf...

"Thank you, then!" Stygia said, and she stood up.

"Let's go."

DragonSong

"Right. Let's." He flashed a quick, slightly awkward smile and led her out of the tavern, through the trading post and back into the woods.

Almost the instant he was in the trees Theoden began to relax. This was much better. Feeling more comfortable, he glanced at his companion as they walked. Should he make conversation? "So, ah," he started slowly, "what's got you so interested in this hidden ruin anyway? I mean, specifically- I know you said you're an archaeologist, but is there something...special about this place?"

DaGlobster

"Well, I'll be the first archaeologist in Tír Tandölír. I can just imagine the potential for new discoveries."

She batted her hair.

"My bloodline runs back there as well."

DragonSong

"It does?" he gave her a quick, curious look and his eyes caught on her pointed ears. Ah. "You are an elf then," he noted with a smile. "I thought you might be, but I wasn't sure."

Flushing a bit, he added quickly, "Not that it matters or anything." Didn't want her think he was some sort of racist elitist.

DaGlobster

Stygia gave Theoden a look, then a smile.

"Thank you for helping me. I'll be sure to credit you in the discovery."

Tags: