Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sacrificial Art [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 01, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Tarj's eyes softened once he noticed Siris looking to the boys. "You did, but" -he set the jar back into the basket and hefted the whole thing up towards him instead with a cheeky grin and an arched brow- "I have all of this to choose from. Surely these would be enough, hm? How 'bold' did you want to go?"

Sulak nodded eagerly, but he found the older boy to be much more interesting than himself. "Yeah, just here. That sounds so fancy! Two houses, wow," he mused in awe, smiling and blushing again before turning his head away with a small giggle.

"Do you like it? You know, being a Maoin? What are you still learning?" he asked curiously, remembering that the boy had not fully answered him before.

GoblinFae

"Ah much better," Siris declared, his eyes practically glowing with delight. "I was thinking something from here," he placed a hand on his left hip before motioning downward, "all the way down and and around of course. As for the design I suppose I can leave that in your hands since I've done all the hard work for you."

"Well not two houses really," Sor tried to clarify. "I don't live in the main house and I've only ever been there on special performance nights." The older boy shrugged at the other questions though, feeling uncomfortable trying to share whether he liked it or not. It was his way of life. He had no other choice and he could not imagine his life any other way either. "I'm learning everything still really. Dancing, art, singing, conversation," he trailed off with a shrug. "Nothing interesting I suppose in comparison to what you do."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Tarj's eyes widened as he watched Siris's gestures, somehow still surprised that his flamboyant friend would want something so prominent. It wasn't an unusual request at all, especially coming from a Maoin, but privately he was touched that he would place his trust in him for something so personal.

"I would be honored, Siris, but," -the artist laughed, shaking his head with a knowing smile and a mischievous glint in his eyes- "surely you understand something like that cannot be rushed in a day. Even a long, rainy one."

He settled the basket on the floor beside himself before tilting his head to study Siris where he stood. "If you're absolutely sure you want something that big... I think I have a few ideas in mind." He nodded in thought, eyes squinting slightly in concentration as he tried to imagine them, placing them against the shape of Siris's body to figure out which looked best in his mind. "Want to start the lines today?" he asked distractedly.

Sulak blinked, confused about why Sor saw his profession as interesting compared to the work of a Maoin. The younger boy certainly saw things the opposite way. "I like it, but..." He trailed off, shrugging and flushing slightly at the realization he came to. "It's exciting when I...make them, I guess, but I never get to see how other people react. You know, if peoples' friends and family like what I do. Just... It's neat that you get to see that about your work, how the 'public' likes it, yeah? Must be exciting," he mused, sighing with a happy, slightly oblivious smile. He hadn't forgotten how clumsy the older boy was at all, but somehow he couldn't imagine a dancer to be anything but graceful on stage.

GoblinFae

Siris pouted as if deeply offended. "And whatever gave you the impression that I would want something so complicated and detailed, rushed? On the contrary I expect nothing less than your best Tarj. Even if it took a hundred sessions it would be worth the final outcome I believe." The man blinked slowly like a sated cat before sauntering closer, his hips swaying teasingly. "Do as you will. This is your profession after all, not mine."

"In time you'll know what they think though," Sor commented wisely. "For soon you will have many customers of your own, each brought by the interest of your previous patron's new body art. I believe my craft is not nearly as forgiving as your own, Sulak. Once you've seen one Maoin you've seen us all. There's nothing truly that exciting when you consider it that way." He shrugged indifferently as if he was not terrified of performing and becoming a laughingstock. Sor's own clumsiness was far from something he would consider able to induce such excitement as the younger boy was imagining.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Tarj couldn't help but grin as he watched Siris. "You'd be surprised how few trust me to actually perform it," he informed him gently. His gaze flickered to their boys, though, almost embarrassed by the slight feeling of surprise that overcame him at remembering their presence again. Sulak was well aware there was always some work his mentor would do without him, though, and Tarj felt no need to draw attention to that when he seemed so entrenched in his conversation with Sor. He thought the boy looked happy with his new friend anyway, and thoroughly distracted.

Bringing his attention back to Siris, though, he flashed a brief smile before beckoning him closer and gesturing to the cushions upon the floor. "Lie down and make yourself comfortable, then. Unless you'd rather stand," he chuckled, twisting to rummage through the basket of jars for the darker base he would want to start with. "And you really have no preferences?" he asked warily, fairly unused to such blind faith in his abilities and eye for suitability. "It's alright if you don't I'm just...surprised, honestly."

Sulak's eyes widened at the wise words from the older boy. "I never thought about it that way," he admitted sheepishly, somehow a little surprised that his clients might brag about him to others. He was a little confused, though, about Sor's criticism of his own craft. "I don't know what you mean, though... You're not all the same," he added, shaking his head gently in disbelief.

"I'm not the same as Master Tarj," he offered, finally glancing to their mentors briefly but caring not for what they were doing. "And you're not the same as Master Siris. I don't know what it is, but... We're just not." He huffed softly, cheeks darkening as he realized he hadn't quite strung the words together eloquently to explain differing styles, especially when he had no examples to give about his new friend.

His dark eyes studied Sor for a few moments in silence, head tilting curiously before he finally found his words again, "Could I watch you? One day? I bet you aren't the same."

GoblinFae

"Perhaps rightly so," Siris teased though his eyes could not hide the intensity with which he watched Tarj prepare. The other man was like a forbidden fruit he was denied enjoying but craved so desperately to the point that he was forced to watch from afar as it was the only reprieve he could receive. Like a leaf in the wind he floated down to recline across the plump cushions present just for that specific purpose. While the artist prepared to paint, Siris arranged his covering cloth to discreetly shield his intimate parts from view while also revealing the dark, muscular length of leg that Tarj would be working on. from hip to ankle he was bare as he reclined on his back, looking completely at ease. "Yes, yes trust I leave it to you. What's the worst that could happen?" he challenged with a wink before letting his eyes closed.

Sor shrugged. "Perhaps one day you might. I'm not very good though. I doubt you'll find what I do all that interesting after you see it, Sulak. If you really want to see it done well you should see Master Siris. He's like a fish in the surf. It's beautiful," the boy related, his eyes alight with awe of recollection.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Tarj couldn't help a private smile for how unconcerned Siris was, entirely missing the way the other man looked at him in the process of preparing to work. "Despite my profession I find it's usually difficult to find someone so trusting in my care of their body."  He smiled warmly as he settled himself to kneel beside the Maoin. "I'm glad you're always quite the opposite," he added, hands leaving his tools on the short table and instead moving to settle upon Siris's flesh.

The artist gently ran his hands along his leg, both studying and admiring his musculature while he thought over the paths he could take with such an open canvas. It was important to Tarj that he shape his art to the body of its home and that was a larger task than simply putting ink to skin. "It is one thing to admire or respect someone's work," he spoke softly and distractedly while he mapped out a mental image of what he wanted to create for him. "It is quite an honor to be allowed to perform to the best of my abilities. And...it's rare, so thank you." His words were spoken sincerely, eyes flickering to the Maoin's face briefly before resuming his task.

Sulak furrowed his brow in playful challenge, having a hard time keeping his composure as he fought against laughing at how silly Sor's description seemed to him. "You say you're all the same... But you're not very good and Master Siris can do it well?" He shook out his silver hair with a short, barking laugh, the strands shiny as they pooled around him after drying from the rain.

"I'd like to see you both some day," he sighed wistfully before guessing, "I bet you're just really hard on yourself, huh? What's the word? ...Perfect. You want to be perfect, don't you?"

GoblinFae

Siris smirked with puffed up pleasure. "I do so aim to misbehave," he chortled. Any further words were stolen from the tip of his tongue though as Tarj's weathered hands began to physically survey his dark skin. Gooseflesh prickled along his legs in the other man's wake in such a pleasurable way that it was all the Maoin could do to keep from sighing happily. "I expect nothing but your best then," Siris murmured softly, his words lacking some of the teasing bite he had intended.

Sor flinched slightly at the laughter having been greatly startled by the unexpected sound. "W-w-well that's because I'm not a proper Maoin yet. I'm still in training. And if I ever do manage to advance then I would be just the same as him. Or really I suppose at best a poor replica." The young man slouched, withering under the weight of his own thoughts. "I just want to be good," he finally mumbled. "There's no hope for perfect."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Tarj only smiled in reply, eyes glancing at the Maoin briefly before becoming wholly fixed upon his task. He ignored the obvious gooseflesh, assuming the other man simply had nerves he didn't want to voice and that was perfectly fine with him.

Once he'd decided on what he would start with Tarj slowly lifted the thin bamboo stick closest to him and dipped the finely carved bone needles at the end into the ink. He started along his upper thigh, bracing his free hand gently against Siris's knee as he began to press thin, barely visible lines into his skin. It was only the beginning, but he wanted to leave room in case he changed his mind later about what to put on his beloved friend. He did his best to keep shapes vague, not wanting Siris to guess at his design plans before he'd have a chance to even give them life or color.

Sulak was too distracted to notice what was happening across the room, not quite understanding why the boy felt he wouldn't be as good as other Maoin if he "advanced." He didn't see how he could possibly be good enough for that but not be good enough to stand as their equals. "I think you're too hard on yourself," he decided, trying to give him an encouraging smile. "If you're good enough for that I'm sure you'd be great. Maybe focus on how others see you instead," he offered, shrugging and not really knowing if that would be useful to him or not. "You know, the good stuff at least. Nice things they say or maybe gifts you'll get some day. I'd be honest if I ever got to see you."

GoblinFae

The older Maoin allowed his eyes to close as he became lost in the sensations of being worked on. He had meant every word when he had said that he trusted Tarj implicitly to have free reign over his flesh. What he had not said though was that even on the extremely small off chance that something went wrong and the art did not come out as they both intended, Siris would not have it altered by another. It was Tarj and Tarj alone that he trusted this way and who he allowed such liberties with his body. Such notions however were not something that could be voiced aloud though so he kept them to himself.

Sor tried not to think too hard on Sulak's suggestion. He knew exactly what others thought of him. He had heard the whispers and chuckles behind closed doors or turned backs. He was not unaware of his own clumsiness and lack of grace. To linger on such thoughts would only sink him into the quagmire that Siris seemed so insistent to drag him out of.

"Well then," Sor replied instead, "I suppose I'll have to hold you to that in the future then won't I, Sulak?" He smiled shyly at the other boy. "You would truly give an honest review? Even if it was the most pathetic and clumsy display you had ever seen?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Though silent, Tarj took great care to ensure Siris's continued comfort despite no signs to the contrary. Every now and then he gently wiped his skin to catch stray ink and while he normally would never do any such thing with another client occasionally gave him a small pat of both encouragement and comfort. Most were not extremely bothered if they had the courage to come to him personally for his services but he knew quite well how painful it could be. He hoped by then, at least, that most of it was dulled.

Sulak was genuinely surprised he hadn't needed to talk him into it any more than he had, shooting him a confident grin for his questions. "Yeah! Even if it is...I'd tell you, yeah, but I don't think you will be. I've only ever heard good things about Maoin," he offered. "How pretty and nice and talented they are." The boy blushed slightly at his further explanation but offered a sheepish shrug as he tried to meet Sor's eyes. It was the truth, at least in his mind. He didn't mean to set any expectations.

"I'm sure you'll be the same. You're already nice. And pretty," he added.

GoblinFae

Siris smiled at each unnecessary touch, accepting them for what they were but not wishing to bring too much attention to them for fear that it would cause Tarj to stop. Instead he focused on the other man's breathing and slowed his own to match. The pain was bearable but the effort to not tense or move probably the worst part. With Tarj as his focal point though Siris found himself slipping into an almost meditative state of mind devoid of most distractions, even those of the two apprentices talking not far off from them.

Sor kept his thoughts to himself about how wrong he felt Sulak would be should the young boy ever see him dance. His dark thoughts though did not last long as he found himself suddenly the object of several unexpected compliments. He coughed in surprise while fighting to control his blush. "You're quite pretty- er nice as well Sulak. Not that you're not pretty also," he rushed to say. The young man winced, mentally kicking himself for being as much of a klutz verbally as he was physically.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Seeing Sor blush, it was hard for Sulak to keep his own in check. He hadn't thought the Maoin might have had similar thoughts about him, which was strangely pleasing, but it was unexpected more than anything. He'd thought it would be normal to genuinely compliment him on appearances and personality when they would one day be his livelihood.

"Thank you," he finally mumbled, bowing his head graciously. "Means a lot coming from you. Someone like you." Self-consciously, the boy began gathering up the hair that had spilled away from the top of his head. It was unsalvageable, though, so he just let the rest of it down and started gathering it all together in a messy bun all over again. "So how long? You know, until I can see you," he asked conversationally.

GoblinFae

Sor nodded his head slightly not knowing what to say it so really. He did not really understand Sulak's comment about someone like him. He considered himself to be rather plain and even lacking in a great many ways. He was far from graceful or handsome. That someone would think so was shocking to him.

His thoughts were quickly derailed though as he observed the boy's struggles to tame his hair and the subsequent failure. He found himself reaching towards him before he even realized that he was doing it. With his hands halfway stretched out to touch Sulak he asked nervously, "would you like some erm assistance with that. I could maybe um try something to get it to stay?" His words trailed off into an unsure question as he apprehensively awaited the impending doom of a rejection for being so odd and forthright.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Uhh..." Sulak blushed fiercely at being made aware his struggles were being observed. But he was offering to help so that couldn't be all that bad, right?

After a moment he lifted his head and let his hair fall around himself. "Could you, please?" he mumbled sheepishly, uncertain what he wanted to try but knowing he had trouble getting it to stay on his own. Surely a little help wouldn't hurt.

Holding out the leather tie to him Sulak moved himself to sit closer to Sor, bouncing slightly on the cushions as he got himself situated.

GoblinFae

The young man accepted the tie before shifting to kneel on the soft cushions behind Sulak. For a half second more than necessary perhaps he paused to consider what he was doing before finally following through with his actions. Sor gently sunk his fingers into the other boys hair and began to attempt to finger-comb the beautiful locks into some semblance of submission.

For every accidental tug or tangle he blushed and hurriedly apologised before continuing anew with even more care. Only once the hair had been smoothed did he begin to weave it starting at the crown of Sulak's head and slowly and meticulously working his way to the ends of the boy's silken strands. One the braid had been completed, Sor tied it off while still allowing a considerable tail at the end which he took and used to tickle the back of Sulak's neck in the same manner his own mentor had often done to him when he was still young enough to need such assistance.

"There," he breathed not realising until he spoke how flushed and out of breath he felt. "That should do it."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak sat relaxed and patient as he allowed Sor to work with his hair, though his mind raced with his curiosity over what the older boy planned for him.

He wasn't even bothered by the occasional, clumsy tugs. The experience as a whole was enjoyable and relaxing. When it was over and he felt the gentle tickle of hair at the back of his neck Sulak just laughed and doubled over to avoid it even as a chill and shiver overcame him for it.

Once he'd recovered he eagerly took the braid in his hands, pulling it over his shoulder to study it even though he couldn't see the rest without a mirror. He'd had no idea his hair could be made to be shaped in such an intricate way and he almost felt bad that Sor had taken such care to do it for him.

"Wow," he exclaimed in pure wonder, head turning sharply to meet the boy's green eyes, his own glowing with his appreciation. "Thank you so much, it feels so...light!" Sulak laughed and released his hair to let it rest casually over his shoulder. "You probably do this sort of thing all the time, though, huh?"

On the other side of the room Tarj was finishing up with the last of what he wanted to work on that day, not wanting to take too much of his dear friend's time with it in one sitting. "Siris," he prompted, voice thick from not speaking for so long and causing him to clear his throat.

"How do you feel?" he asked with a gentle smile, reaching to set aside his tools and inks and grab for some bandaging cloth to wrap his thigh with. His hands moved with deft care, careful not to touch the area he'd been working on directly.

GoblinFae

Sor blushed at the praise. He still could not believe he had offered to do something so personal for Sulak and now that it was done he hoped to brush it aside without drawing so much attention to it. He shrugged at the young boy's enthusiastic question, wishing to not a big deal of it all. "Sometimes I suppose. Siris usually helps me though." He worried his lip slightly before adding hurriedly, "glad you like it."

Across the room Siris slowly blinked his eyes, coming out of his rather zen state and back into the waking world of reality. It took him several moments to gather himself together again but when he did he smiled up at the tattoo artist warmly. "Heavenly," he breathed. "How about you?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Nervous." Tarj laughed, winking before he looked down to smooth over the wrapped area gently, just making sure it would hold. He didn't think he could ever own up to the exact reason, but working on Siris was as thrilling as it was nerve-wracking.

"But I'll live. Leave that on until you get home, it should keep it from getting rained on. Come see me again soon, maybe a week or so, just whenever you're free. I can add some more to it." With that the artist gave a gentle parting pat to Siris's knee before he climbed to his feet. He stretched for a moment, standing on the balls of his feet and raising his hands high to work out all the kinks in his shoulders before rocking back to stand normally. He cast a curious look at the boys, eyes widening in shock at the sight of Sulak's hair actually being styled for once.

"Well... It's really pretty!" Sulak beamed, proud to give what was a high compliment in the eyes of a young boy. He was oblivious to the eyes upon them now, too obsessed with looking at his hair more and comparing it to Sor's silken locks.

GoblinFae

Siris sat up and stretched, enjoying the series of pops that rippled through his body as it realigned itself after his repose. He silently appreciated the view of the man before him before he struggled up to his feet as well. The bandaging encumbered some of his natural grace but he made do with it as best as he could manage.

"Do you have room in your ever so busy schedule for a continuation in three day's time? Provided of course you've approved the healing-" his sentence trailed off though at Sulak's enthusiastic declaration surprised him and caused him to smile.

Sor could only blush helplessly, not really knowing what more to do or say. All that came to mind was repeating himself. He certainly was glad that Sulak liked it but he was unused to such earnest praise. Silently he looked to his mentor hoping to catch his attention and be saved from having to get himself out of his own social awkwardness.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: