Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pirates of the Hivanibbean (open)

Started by Arocraes, March 02, 2016, 03:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arocraes

Arocraes turned towards Faelis. He took quite a liking to him. The thoughts he had before of not knowing whether or not to trust him never completely went away, but rather faded into the background of his racing mind.

One of the sailors was about to speak, before shutting his mouth and looking past the Arocraes and Faelis. Arocraes turned around to see what they were staring at, finding a silhouette of two men slowly approaching.
"Gentlemen, this is quite the misunderstanding" one of the silhouettes said as it drew closer, revealing to be the loud and rugged Captain that Arocraes notices before, this time adopting a softer tone of voice. Alongside him was the curious First Mate.

"Then let it become an understanding" Arocraes cheekily replied, "Tell us what is going on." The Captain sighed and said "I am Captain Duval and you onboard an Adelan reconnaissance ship. Our intent to disguise the vessel as a simple transportation ship is a necessary disguise."

Arocraes shifted his eyes to the armed sailors, wondering why they were equipped with weapons if this situation truly was a 'misunderstanding.'

"We've been hearing reports of piracy all over Hivan Ocean" the Captain continued "While both the Thanati and Adelan governments have made efforts to quell their efforts, one particular pirate organization, The Daughters, have been unstoppable." Captain Duval then proceeded to put his hand in front of Faelis. "We wanted to bring you two down here to see if you could be trusted, and if your fighting prowess could help us should we need it." Captain Duval moved his eyes to his hand, with a cold stern look.

JackieCat

Faelis raised an eyebrow at the captain as he approached, and he once again admired Arocraes as he spoke to the captain.

As the captain explained, Faelis watched him, but also kept an eye on the men around them, and when the captain mentioned 'The Daughters' Faeli held back a smirk.  He had met the leaders of that group before, a group of very independant and strong women, and even served, briefly, with them.  His captain had had to make an agreement with The Daughters, and while Faelis admired them, some of their methods were a little, well, bloody for Faelis's taste.

Faelis once again raised an eyebrow at the captain's extended hand.  "Do you expect me to give you my weapons?" he asked, his voice hard again.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arocraes

"I expect you to do as you please" Duval said, "you are capable of making your own decisions; I just hope it is the correct one for your sake and ours." Duval's expression grew more suspicious. It was not as if Arocraes did not believe the man's ties to Adela, but rather his distrust stemmed from the Captain's plans with Faelis and himself. "Ok..." Arocraes began to reply "but given the situation it seems like you're hardly giving us a choice."

Duval did not acknowledge Arocraes' comments, but rather he seemed tired and disappointed at the progress he made with the two travelers. "Why don't we put you two to a test to see if you're even worthy of helping Adela" Captain Duval said as he turned his back walking towards the direction he came from. As he withdrew from the situation, two other sailors formerly residing in a nearby room replaced the captain, all of whom now had their weapons drawn. There were now a total of six sailors surrounding Faelis and Arocraes. "If you can defeat this bunch then maybe your talents are worth recruiting" the Captain said one last time before ascending to the upper part of the ship.

Arocraes drew his katana just as one sailor lunged forward, while three sailors made way for Faelis.

JackieCat

Faelis sighed as the captain turned and walked away, the two other men emerging into the hall.

As the three sailors lunged for him he dropped into a fighting stance and two daggers were in his hands before the first sailor reached him.  The elf parried the man's sword, dodging around another and ducking away from the third.  He stepped around one of the men and threw his dagger.  The hilt of the weapon hit one sailor's hand.  Hard.  He nearly dropped his weapon, but not quite.  Taking advantage of the man's distraction, Faleis leaped over and dashed the hilt of yet another of his daggers on the man's temple.

The sailor fell to the floor, unconscious.  Faelis turned to the two men left fighting him, but glanced past them to Arocraes to see how the boy was doing, and if he needed any help.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arocraes

Arocraes dodged the sailors first attack, where he then spun around and aimed for the back of his target's legs with the hilt of his katana, drawing the man to the floor. The man was disoriented from the fall, where Arocraes then kicked the man across the head to knock him out. He glanced over to Faelis, witnessing him dismantle one of the sailors attacking him.

The two remaining sailors dashed for Arocraes who, before the sailors could even realize, knocked their weapons out of their hands with a single swing of his katana. He then brought the long katana up to both of their necks, forcing them to surrender. Arocraes tilted his head so he could view Faelis out of corner of his eye. "That's okay take your time, I've got all day" he cheekily said to Faelis.

JackieCat

The young man was doing fine.

As Arocraes brought his blade to the two men's throats and spoke, Faelis smirked.  Not only brave, but cheeky as well.  The thief was really starting to like the kid.

Though he couldn't stay behind for long.

He threw another dagger, which hit one man on the temple, sending him to the ground, and then with yet another sliver dagger, Faelis blocked the last man's sword and slid his blade down until the two were hilt-to-hilt.

There was a moment of stillness as the man tried to push back, and now it was Faelis's turn to smirk.

"You've lost." and the thief twisted his blade around, twisting the other man's sword from his grasp, and in a split second, the elf's blade was at the man's throat.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arocraes

"I think I'll just ride a dragon to Adela next time" Arocraes joked, growing more comfortable around Faelis. "Now then" he continued, "why don't you bring us to your Captain?" Arocraes hadn't decided if he could trust Duval yet nor if he would help, but given the situation he thought he and Faelis had no other choice but to play along until they reach their destination.

Arocraes punched one of the sailors in front of him square in the chin and smacked the other with the arm covered in metal armor, knocking both of them unconscious. He motioned the sailor subdued by Faelis to lead on while he sheathed his katana. He walked close to Faelis, whispering "What's our next move?" As they continued along the corridor, Arocraes looked towards where the ladder used to enter the hallway stood. There was only a little bit of light shining down on the floor, dimming as time grew on. It must be dusk Arocraes thought as he wondered about the other passengers and their safety if Captain Duval's story holds true.

JackieCat

Faelis gave the sailor a push when he didn't start walking right away, as when he did, Faelis leaned in to answer Arocraes so the sailor wouldn't hear his reply.

"We'll just see where it goes," he said.  That was often the elf's plan of action, see what happens and play along, or fight back.  It seemed like a good time to just go with the flow and see what happens.

They climbed the ladder and onto the deck.  It was empty of other passengers, and while the other sailors gave them looks, they did nothing to stop them.  They must have been told.  Faelis headed for the poop deck, for the captain's cabin was stationed underneath it.  When they got there, the elf knocked on the wooden door and waited for an answer.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arocraes

Arocraes nodded his head at Faelis' reply. Indeed he was right, the situation was still murky. Arocraes followed Faelis closely, antsy and ready to protect his new companion, would he need protection.

Captain Duval swung the door open and did not make eye contact with either Faelis or Arocraes. "Come in" he said in a monotonous, rugged voice. Inside the cabin lie presumably three rooms, where two closed doors appeared several meters in front of Arocraes. In the immediate open space, a big circular table with a map of the Hivan Ocean was located in the middle of the room. Several chairs and racks filled with weapons cluttered the room, as well as stacks of crates with who knows what inside of them. As Faelis and Arocraes walked inside the room, the sailor guiding the two shut the door behind them.

Standing next to the table was a man clad in heavy, red and black armor. Is he a knight of Adela? Arocraes thought to himself. If he was, Duval's story would certainly check out. "Hello" the man said, "I am Lord Sarian."

"Lord Sarian is a knight who has devoted a great chunk of his lifetime to Adelan national security issues" Captain Duval interrupted. "As I've told you before, The Daughters are our target. They have grown to be significantly more dangerous and bloodthirsty over the past few months. Every report we have gotten--and there have been a lot--the victims have experienced severe rain storms and intense wave action. We believe this is because The Daughters have stolen an artifact that controls weather."

Arocraes could hear rain beginning to fall elsewhere on the boat. He could hear the motions of sailors as they prepared for possible harsher rain and to maneuver the boat so that it remains stable amid the weather.

"Heaven's Orb is what people call it" Lord Sarien added. "For some reason they have been brutally slaughtering passengers of ships they plunder. They have become far too dangerous for the Adelan navy to not get itself involved. However, we can't unleash an all out assault because of their ability to hide and evade sea battles. That is why we disguised ourselves as an ordinary transport ship with an extraordinary piece of cargo."

"Using civilians as bait is disgusting" Arocraes said, growing infuriated.

"Think what you will, but we are doing this to save many more lives" Captain Duval said as he took over the explanation. "The Daughters are after a similar artifact that can control the movement of the plates located inside the earth, otherwise known as Hell's Orb. We are in possession of it. Our plan is to draw them out and put an end to their operation, and your help is crucial in our success."

Arocraes turned to Faelis to hear his response as Duval wrapped up his explanation.

JackieCat

When they entered the room, Faelis looked over the armored man very closely, trying to get an idea of who he was and gather any more potential information.

As he and the captain explained, the elven thief listened with his arms crossed.  He was not ready to trust anything that these men said, at least not yet.

When the men had finished explaining, Faelis stood for a moment in silence.  "First off," the Elf begain. "Why so you need passengers to be your bait?  Why not just use regular cargo?  And second, how come you need us specifically?  It would have been easier to hire a few well-trained mercenaries to do this with you instead.  And while you know we can fight, you cannot simply trust us just like that."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arocraes

"That would work against normal pirates, but these ones look to kill" Captain Duval said as he grit his teeth, presumably angered by the mere thought of the pirate organization. It was probably not out of sympathy for the lives lost, Arocraes thought, but rather at the fact that he has not been able to catch and defeat The Daughters yet. "The easier and weaker the target, the more likely they'll attack" Duval continued, "the majority of incident reports involve ships carrying a decent amount of civilian passengers rather than military vessels or ships that carry strictly cargo. This orb is not only an insurance to make sure they target us, but also a device that could help us should we find ourselves too deep in trouble."

Arocraes looked to Faelis.

The door swung open as two sailors brought in a seemingly heavy, yet small crate. One of the sailors was the one who led Arocraes and Faelis to the Captain. The sailors dropped the crate gently in the corner of the room.

"We don't need you" Duval continued in an aggressive and harsh tone, "You two just happened to board our lovely ship. Heavily armed--for some reason--boarding a ship we intentionally baited for The Daughters, we have no idea who you are and if we can trust you." Duval began to squint at Faelis, coursing his eyes around his torso analyzing his attire. "If you do turn out to be accomplices of The Daughters, we'll cut you down and cut you down easy. If not, then you better prepare yourself, because they won't spare anyone if they have their way. Regardless of who your allegiances belong to, your death is inevitable unless you follow us."

Arocraes smirked. He didn't think this Captain was very wise. If Arocraes and Faelis did turn out to be working for the pirates, they could easily betray the Captain--unless his intent was to attack the duo all along. Still, he did seem somewhat desperate for help, so perhaps all the Captain does want is men who are more capable of fighting than his sailors.

Lord Sarien's expression grew grim all of a sudden. Arocraes turned to him and analyzed his face. He wondered if he had lost someone special to these pirates. His face seemed to bear a burden of guilt, but Arocraes turned away and did not bother thinking about the man's history anymore.

"We're beginning to head into dangerous waters, so I suggest that--" Captain Duval began before he was interrupted by a sailor. "There is a ship coming from the Northeast" he said in between breaths, "hoisting a flag of a rapier through an apple." Duval nodded, as Arocraes assumed a battle was about to ensue.

JackieCat

Faelis smirked when the captain said what he would do should they betray them, he doubted cutting them down would be so easy.

When the sailors brought the crate into the room, Faelis eyed it, though didn't say anything.

"We'd better get out there, then," the elf said calmly when the sailor burst into the room, out of breath. "The Daughter's flag has that insignia."

Without waiting for a reply, he turned around and left the cabin.  He stepped out onto the deck, the wind whipping his hair around his head as heavy raindrops splattered down.  The elf looked out over the sea and a small smirk grew on his face as he saw the faint outline of another ship in the distance, barely visible through the rain without a telescope.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arocraes

Arocraes followed Faelis as the Captain soon trailed both of them. The sailors were quite busy, bringing out cannons and weaponry preparing for a battle. The Captain barked orders to his men, as all the passengers presumably tucked away in rooms beneath the deck. Arocraes wondered how safe this was, and grew even more angered at how easily the Captain could put civilians under so much risk.

Waves grew more intense and the wind picked up quite a bit. Luckily with Arocraes' wind magic, he would be able to counter intense wind patterns in the vicinity around him. He was not nearly powerful enough to protect the whole vessel, however.

Lord Sarian emerged from the Captain's cabin, appearing more stern and confident than from moments before, with the First Mate by his side. "Do not engage in combat" he shouted boldly to the sailors. The Captain twisted his head, red with anger that someone else was commanding his men. "They are trying to make us anxious; they will undoubtedly try to negotiate with us first."

Arocraes shook his head in confusion. The Captain's explanation of The Daughters were that they were bloodthirsty and practically inhuman, why would they want to speak first? Arocraes thought. Perhaps the artifact that was used as bait was the primary objective for the pirates. Regardless, the Captain and the Lord seemed to be at odds, with Duval fuming with anger but restraining from saying a single word.

The sailors complied with Lord Sarian's request, and Arocraes stood near Faelis as the approaching ship grew closer, not attacking as the Lord predicted.

Aboard the opposing ship were a multitude of women dressed in red headscarves covering everything except the eyes and the bridge of the nose. Additionally they wore dark brown leggings with plate boots extending to below their knees and baggy shirts with multiple straps containing pouches carrying presumably things Arocraes did want to know. Many carried either rapiers or scimitars along their belts.

As the ship drew adjacent to them, a wooden bridge was extended where a woman and two of her subordinates walked over and onto the ship Arocraes and Faelis were boarded on. She was the only one not scarved, and Arocraes was immediately captivated by her. She had tanned brown skin with big green eyes, with a couple scares running through her right cheek and a long one running through her left eye. Her hair was light brown and wavy, with messy bangs complementing her already rugged appearance.

She walked confidently towards Captain Duval, stepping right in front of him without saying a word, as if expecting him to initiate conversation.

JackieCat

Faelis watched the Captain's reaction to the lord's orders with interest, but he made no comment. 

As the woman walked up to Captain Duval, she glanced over at Faelis, and raised an eyebrow a fraction of an inch upon seeing him, only to bring her gaze snapping back to the captain.

"Well?" she said after a moment. "You do have the second Orb, don't you?"

Faelis glanced at the captain, wondering what he would do.  Would he attack?  There didn't seem to be much point in lying to the woman, for no matter what he said she would search the ship, weather she was invited to or not.  Faelis wasn't sure if he wanted there to be a fight, for it seemed that Captain Duval and his crew was surely lose, for while many underestimated the fighting prowess of the Daughter's crew, Faelis knew their true power and deadly skill.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arocraes

The Captain snorted and spit on the ground next to the woman. "I do, and you have something that belongs to me, don't you?" Duval replied, growing visibly more angry every second. Arocraes didn't remember the Captain saying that he was the owner of the orbs. Perhaps I was too uninterested in the old fool's words Arocraes qualified.

"I'll give you one chance to hand it over and leave without a scratch" the Captain continued, "otherwise my men will just slaughter you band of whores." The woman and her subordinates laughed uncontrollably, presumably seeing no threat in the small group before them. "Very well" the Captain began, before a sword pierced through his back and out of his stomach. Duval looked down at the bloodied blade, before it was ripped backwards out of him and he collapsed to the ground with a pool of blood rapidly growing in size around him.

Lord Sarian appeared behind the Captain and raised his hand up with the bloodied sword in his opposite hand. Suddenly, several of the pirates including the First Mate began attacking fellow sailors. It was a mutiny it seemed. Arocraes analyzed Lord Sarian. He looked radiant and confident, with a straight face that could not break. "The crew on both these ships and the passengers should be just enough of a sacrifice to conjure him." The way he said him sounded eerie, and drew even more questions.

At this point Arocraes drew his sword, having no idea who to trust or whose side he was on. He thought about the passengers, and how saving the civilians should be his first priority. The pirates still did not draw their weapons, nor looked shock, as if they were expecting this outcome.

Arocraes looked to Faelis, as the woman seemed to recognize him.

Codex

The candle flickered on the edge of the long desk, as it struggled to save it's life. Lighting any wax it could to prolong the inevitable. Mythica sat across from it, her legs crossed over one another as they lied upon the edge of the large table. The ship creaked a moaned as the girl had a rather board expression on her face, looking through old ledgers, letters, maps and various other documents that were spread across the table in front of her. She gave a sigh, only confirming the feelings she didn't speak.

It was only when she noticed the rain she looked up from the papers out the window of the captain's cabin. The weather had gotten rather stormy in a short period of time. The captain smirked, knowing what it meant. No natural storm would come upon them this fast... And Soulscar new SHE wasn't the cause of the unnatural whether.

Suddenly, she was rudely interrupted by her first mate, a tall, muscular man with tattooed arms and neck. He busted through the double doors of the hull, seeming rather excited.

"We have them cap'n. The daughters lead us straight to our prize..." He said with a grin.

Mythica only returned his smile with one of her own. She flopped the papers on the desk and stood up, flipping her rose feathered hat on her head. "Splendid. Get the crew ready."

"Already on it, we await your orders. We've spotted them, and it doesn't seem like they've noticed us yet."

Mythica took the information with a nod as she walked past him onto the Seraph's Requiem's deck. The rain pelted down hard as various sailors scurried around, all performing their duties. Cannons were being hoisted onto the deck, and stray cargo were being rolled into the deck. The white haired girl gazed up at the sails, the flag depicting a skeletal music note flapped above. It wouldn't be long until the other pirates noticed them, so they needed to be ready. She adjusted her cutlass and quickly ran up the stairs to the ship's wheel. The navigator stepped aside without saying a word as she took control. Her first mate trailing her.

Off in the distance she observed the two ships. One looked like a merchant vessel, the other was a ship belonging to the pirate organization known as the "Daughters." The captain simply scoffed when she thought about them. She had definitely received an invitation to join their syndicate before, but the girl couldn't stand taking orders from anyone else. She preferred to stay independent, which in turn had put the Seraph's Requiem on bad terms with the female group.

"Cap'n Soulscar! It seems fighting has broken out between the ships! They have what we're looking for!" The first mate yelled over the wind as the girl stared intently at the scene. She could see flashes of explosions between the two ships. He looked over at her with his arms crossed as the rain whipped past them.

"Shall I give the order to engage?" Mythica stared at the battle for a few more seconds before giving an answer, a sly smile across her lip. "No. Let them squabble. It'll make our job that much easier when they've killed each other off." She knew that while they'd be fighting each other they probably wouldn't notice the grey sailed ship in the distance... Waiting for the time to strike.

Arocraes

Two sailors dashed for Arocraes, separating him from Faelis. He was surrounded by sailors who were loyal to Sarian. "Kill the boy" Lord Sarian shouted from afar as he tossed Duval's unconscious body off the ship and into the water.

The woman and some of her crew infiltrated the vessel while their own ship retreaded some distance, presumably to aid from afar. She and her sailors began to combat Sarian's troops, having no trouble defeating them as Sarian stalled in providing his own aid. After a while he crept up in front of the woman with his towering presence and greatsword in hand. "No one will take his gems" he said as he got into a fighting stance. The woman scoffed and said "All men are the same" before engaging in battle with Lord Sarian.

Back at Arocraes' location he was busy dodging and maneuvering around the strikes from the sailors. Although he had no trouble fighting them and could surely kill them with a few swings of his katana, he wanted to assure to safety of the civilians first. After one sailor locked blades with Arocraes, he spun around his leg to trip him and rolled backwards, preparing a wind spell from his katana that would knock back anyone in front of him to the ground. After unleashing the spell he made a run for a ladder that would lead further inwards and hopefully to the location of the passengers.

Upon heading further into the vessel, Arocraes frantically searched through the ship for any signs of civilian life with no success. Rooms meant to be occupied by travelers were completely vacant with no evidence of anyone having recently stayed there. Suddenly, he heard the cries of an infant in the distance and ran to the location or the source. Upon reaching a dark corner of the ship with a large door, Arocraes sheathed his sword assuming that he would not need to use it. As he opened the heavy door he saw a grotesque image of lines of innocents sitting over each other in a cramped room, confused and scared. As Arocraes mustered up the courage to speak to them and assure them their safety, an explosion occurred right before his eyes as a cannonball shot through the side of the ship, killing more than half of the passengers upon impact.

Arocraes froze in shock, his eyes almost bulging out of his skull and his mouth draped open. Just then a second cannonball shot through the same hole that was created by the initial one, creating another explosion that surely killed the rest of the passengers. Arocraes dropped to his knees as he stared at the corpses in from of him. These civilians were gathered like sheep to be murdered for the sake of an orb, dying before Arocraes had the chance to even help them. Arocraes' body shivered as he was overcome with guilt. He stood up and headed back the way he came, back to the deck.

JackieCat

Faelis was quite surprised when Lord Sarian would betray the captain, but the thief wasted no time worrying.  As the fight broke out, the elf did not join in.  He wanted to get a good idea of what was going on.

He looked over to where Arocraes had been, but the boy was no where to be seen.  Faelis stopped for a second, wondering if he should go find the young man or continue on where he was going.  He decided that Arocraes would have to fend for himself, not that Faelis had any doubt that he could.

The elf ran along the deck and climbed the rat lines up the main mast.  In the wind and rain, it was not an idea position, but it gave him a good chance to see what was happening.  As he reached the top, the ship shook, once, then again.  Cannonballs.  Faelis couldn't worry about that now.  The Daughters' crew had joined in the battle, but  it was hard to tell which of the sailors were good or bad.  There seemed to be three sides to the battle.  Getting a good idea of where he should be, Faelis turned around and was about to climb down when his sharp eyes glimpsed something in the distance.  A sail.

There was another ship approaching.

Just what they needed.

Faelis swung down the rat lines down to the deck, shouting that another ship was coming.  Though everyone seemed to hear, they continued to fight.  Faelis looked around for Arocraes, then decided to go below decks to see if the passengers were alright.

He went down and checked all the rooms, but found no one.  He continued on, until he saw Arocraes walking towards him, a look of shock on his face.

For the first time yet, a snake of worry slithered down his spine.  He rushed forward.  "What happened?"  He said, looking intently at the boy's face.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arocraes

Arocraes' unwillingly kept replaying the event that occurred in his mind, over and over again. The blood of so many innocents--men, women, and children who were just looking to travelling across the ocean--scattered across the room as dreams and hopes were shattered before him. Arocraes did not even notice Faelis for a moment. He was overcome with guilt that he could not do anything to protect them.

When he finally grasped the reality of the situation, Arocraes felt a calming chill go through his body. He closed his eyes and smiled. This just shows that I need to grow stronger he thought, I can't afford to be so weak anymore. It was then he took in Faelis' question, and told him about the situation. "The passengers were going to be used for some sacrifice" he told him, "but they were killed regardless. Cannonballs and explosive rounds shot through to where the Captain stored them, like animals." The 'test' the Captain wanted to put Arocraes and Faelis through was merely just a way to round up the passengers with limited resistance by distracting the only two capable fighters on board it seemed.

"We should find that orb" Arocraes added. "Do you think Adelan bars would accept shiny, magical, weather-changing trinkets as payment? I'm running short on gold" he joked, desperately trying to push the scene he witnessed to the back of his mind. "Has anything changed up there?" Arocraes asked, referring to the deck.

JackieCat

Faeli listened to Arocraes and he could feel the anger swelling in his chest.  He could see how much this hurt Arocraes, and Faelis was starting to feel his anger grow even stronger.  His anger at Lord Sarian for doing this to these people.

It was nothing new to Faelis, he had seen death many times, but now, with so many innocents dead, and a battle going on right above his head, his anger was over taking his sadness.

'Not now,' he thought. 'Not now!'  It would not be a good time for him to go into one of his rage attacks, but he could feel it coming.  Often he could hold it down, but when he couldn't innocents could be harmed.

He took a few deep breaths, and he next spoke through gritted teeth. "They would have died anyway," he said, trying to calm himself. "If it wasn't by the cannonball, it would have been by a more terrible means."

He looked at Arocraes.  "You have to get away from me," he said, and he could barely hold it back. "I won't be able to stop myself.  I could hurt you."

He couldn't trust himself near the young man.  For all of Arocraes skill, Faelis, in his rage, would be unpredictable and deadly.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: