Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Seething darkness [M]

Started by Medievarad, March 03, 2016, 01:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Your audacity annoys me," Limadan said as dark green chains shot from.the ground and wrapped around Arocraes' arms. To pull him to his knees. "Bow before the strong, weakling," he said, voice filled with contempt.

Arocraes

Arocraes' amusement quickly turned into fear. He underestimated the beast's strength, and did not even expect him to possess such magical ability. While he was dreading for his life, he was also impressed and filled with awe that such a person existed. "What... are you?" Arocraes asked in a shaking tone.

Medievarad

Limadan huffed slowly. "Ascended," he answered with a snicker. "You are weak.. No right on living."

Arocraes

Arocraes mustered up his remaining strength to spit in the direction of the man. "Then kill me" he said bringing a smug grin on his face. "Ascended..." Arocraes laughed, "what the hell does that even mean."

Medievarad

"I am above a lowly weakling such as yourself. I am not human. I am powerful." He pulled the short blade from the sheathe on his back. "So be it. Die in pain, weakling," he snarled. Voice filled with contempt.

Arocraes

"How cute" Arocraes sarcastically said as he smirked. He then slipped his left arm out of the armor surrounding it that was still wrapped around by the magic roots conjured by the beast. Arocraes reached for his katana and cut off the other root before jumping backwards into a fighting stance. He began to channel his most powerful wind spell, one that knocks back the target with a great blunt force. "At least tell me your name before I kill you" Arocraes boldly said to the beast.

Medievarad

"Kill me?" The giant stopped in his tracks. Eyes widening. Before a bellowing laughter resounded. He switched the blade around in his hand and stabbed himself through the chest. Once. Twice. Three,.four and ultimatly five times. Ribs cracking and organs spilling out. Yet he remained standing. "You cannot kill me!" He called out as the organs regrew and the wounds closed again, followed by the armour. He spinned the greatsword in his hand. "Hit me with your best shot!" The chains completely dissappeared. Giving him unfettered acces to his arsenal.

Arocraes

Arocraes' smile grew wider. He wouldn't have thought an average day at the market could turn out to be so... interesting. This beast was not human; at least not anymore. Arocraes was not trained well enough nor strong enough to truly face him, but the crystal still called for Arocraes, in his head at least. This could provide him an opportunity to both steal the crystal and run away.

"You should have your funeral in Thanatos, they're more fun than you'd think" Arocraes joked before unleashing his wind spell directly towards the beast's abdomen. The second he let go of the wind spell, he dashed forward with his muffled footsteps from the air underneath his feet. He juked to the side and aimed to grab onto the belt of the creature, hoping to secure the crystal and to rely on his speed and quickness to head for the exit.

Medievarad

The spell clunked into him, without much effect as his two wings flicked out and completely negated the spell with raw strength. His hand shot to the side and clamped around his face, fmaiming.to force him down to his knees. "I hear your breathing. The beating of your heart," he snarled slowly. "I smell your fear.. Your weakness. You cannot hide from me."

Arocraes

Arocraes' eyes widened, seemingly bulging out of his skull as his breaths grew heavy and weaker each second. He was growing unconscious, as all the energy he had remaining left his body with his last attack and last attempt at stealing the crystal. The beast's hand stunk, but all Arocraes could think about was his fleeting breaths as his sight withdrew to darkness. He could not muster up anymore energy to make a comment, as his body grew weaker and eventually became unconscious with a slight pulse.

Medievarad

Limadan snarled slowly as he dropped Arocraes again. "You're still breathing," he murmured to himself with a soft sigh, grabbing his collar and holding Arocraes up to examine him.

"Intruiging," he said as he let his throat slip from his hand.

Arocraes

Arocraes did not have any energy to open up his eyes. He was slowly regaining consciousness and his thoughts were only of his own survival. Slow and easy breaths he thought to himself as he forgot about the hulk of a creature grabbing hold of him. Survive he kept repeating to himself as his body dangled like a rag doll.

Medievarad

Limadan dropped Arocraes to the floor again. "You fight well. And didn't die yet," he stated, glancing down at Arocraes, cracking his knuckle. "What is your name, weakling?"

Arocraes

Arocraes could begin to hear sounds other than his own pulse and breathing. First the movement of the dirt below him, then the echoes of the cave he was in, and finally the beasts' question. His vision was blurred, but he was able to answer the beast. "Aro...Arocraes Vanelor" he answered obediently before spitting out a chunk of blood.

Medievarad

"Limadan of Harmaa," he answered. "Stand up," his command was short, cold and harsh. Yet his voice made it clear that he wouldn't tolerate any backtalk or disobidience.

Arocraes

As Arocraes' vision began to return to normal, he grabbed his katana which he dropped moments ago. With both hands on the handle he used it as a crutch to get back up, standing straight even though his body was still in much pain. He spit more blood out onto the ground before wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "Harmaa?" he asked Limadan.

Medievarad

"The church of Harmaa," he started to explain with a slow sigh, "we worship the lady of grey. Anticipate her return from the void."

Arocraes

Arocraes produced a light giggle, still weary from earlier. "And what of that crystal? What is its role?" he continued to pry.

Medievarad

"A shard of the lady's armour." Limadan answered. "This indicates her return is nigh."

Arocraes

Arocraes grew even more attracted to it. He didn't understand what Limadan was saying, but he was captivated by the crystal and this mysterious lady of the grey. "And what will she when she returns?" he asked.

Tags: