Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Rest For The Wicked [M] [Heretic King]

Started by Codex, March 20, 2016, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

The girl simply shrugged as he walked out, clearly the response she was expecting. "Well then." She simply said as he walked out the door. The girl stood up and grabbed a bottle of rum, before slowly pouring it over the knocked out pirate's head. "Oi, wake up." She said. He snorted, and slowly shook his head before looking up at the captain. She stood there, holding the bottle with an oddly evil expression.

"Get back to your post, we got work to prepare for..." He quickly got up, rubbed the back of his head and turned without saying a word. Knowing all to well the ship would arrive at Kunata by morning, the girl took off her hat, and placed it on the table. She also did the same for her cutlass, before flopping back in the chair, after taking off the trench coat. She leaned back in it with her feet up on the table, before she slowly faded into a peaceful sleep...

Medievarad

Flint didn't even turn around to her answer, he just went back down to the decks, brushing his way past Mythica's crew, not even looking around. People that got in his way? Though shit, they ended up on the floor in the wake of the ex captain.

He pulled himself up in his hammock and rested back, tipping his hat down infront of his eyes, snoring delightfully only several minutes after.

Codex

A few hours passed as the young captain slept, when she was suddenly awoken by a crew member who had burst through the door. A worried expression on his face. She popped an eye open by his rude interruption and gave him a face to match.

"C-Captain, we've arrived at Kunata, but there seems to be Serennian naval ships... 2 of them..." She cocked an eyebrow up when she heard this. She wasn't expecting to see them here, but she could guess why. The girl quickly leaned up. "And they've taken battle positions I assume?" She said, rather calmly. The sailor nodded in response. Mythica gave a sigh, before standing up, grabbing her coat and cutlass. "Well then, might as well give them the fight they obviously want." she said smirking.

The girl walked out of the cabin to gaze far ahead. The small sliver of the island of Kunata could be seen on the horizon as the sun was rising behind it, giving a blood red light to the water. Barring down on her ship were two Serennian naval boats, already getting ready to attack.

"These boys obviously don't know what had happened to their friends at Summervale. Battle Stations!" She yelled at her deck, as the crew members scrambled. Most of them seemed confident, just like their captain who was staring at their two opponents with a devilish smirk on her face.

Medievarad

The commotion of pirates getting to their battlestations didn't even get to Flint. He was still lazing around in his hammock, humming the all too famous 'drunken sailor' under his breath. Even when one of the pirates approached him and yelled that he had to get ready, he gave a careless shrug and raised his middlefinger in response. With a loud curse and a wad of spit on the floor, the pirate left again and Flint leaned back in his hammock. Closing his eyes again.

A cannonbal slammed through the hull and zoomed above him. Narrowly missing the careless ex captain. He opened his eyes with a sigh and jumped down from his hammock, strapping his rapier and dagger to his body. His fingers rang along the gilded buttstocks of his flintlocks as he proceeded to walk up the stairs in a casual manner, stopping next to Mythica. "Ya got yerself a hole in th sleepin' quarters, Soulscar," he said with a careless shrug, before looking at the two ships.

"The adjudicator and the Sainted Patriarch," he glanced back at Mythica. "Fifty five cannons each side, twenty seven canons each side. Yer want tha start a fleet, soulscar? Since I'm always wanted to get me dirty hands on th'Adjudicator." He smirked as he raised his eyepatch. "Call it a means of sweetenin' tha deal. Ya get me th'Adjudicator and I'll help ya. Plus whatever yer small ass finds in that fortress is yers fer the keepin'."

Codex

It wasn't long till the battle began. The young captain quickly wrenched the steering wheel, as the large vessel began to turn, revealing its 30 cannon side towards the two approaching ships.

"FIRE!" She screamed, her first mate responded by yelling the same. Within a few seconds, a large flurry of fire and smoke exploded from the Seraph's side, blasting towards both of the ships, who had only just begun getting into a stance to fight back. With many direct hits, her cannons struck multiple holes within the hull of the larger vessel, named the "Adjudicator". However, it responded with equal force. Among the smoke, more flashes could be seen, and soon a flurry of steel spheres flew overhead, many hitting the hull of the ship. She shook from position but only for a moment. While the Seraph had been distracted by the bigger vessel, the smaller one crept right beside...

Soon, sailors began flying on board the Seraph from the Sainted Patriarch. The girl quickly unsheathed her weapon, and hurtled over the railing the wheel stood in front into the blitz that had instigated on the main deck. As the girl landed, she let out a roll to regain her balance. releasing a shock wave of wind magic, knocking over a few pirates in front of her. Her entrance was greeted by angry yelling as two men hurled themselves at her. Parry, spin, duck and slash. They were down. She quickly engaged the others, focusing on defending the main deck so the lower one's could focus on holding off the bigger vessel.

Partway through the fight a familiar voice spoke beside the girl as she held her cutlass in a defensive stance. He seemed to be striking a deal with the girl in the middle of the fight.
"Help me sink this boarding party's ship, then we can focus on the Adjudicator!" she grunted before ducking a swing, before spinning and stabbing the attacker, kicking his body with wind magic, sending him flyover the railing of the edge.

Medievarad

"Yer not tha only one with a gift, missy." He answered as he turned around and flung a flintlock from the bandolier, shooting an assailant through the gut, before sheathing it and putting a hand on his rapier, brandishing it.

He raised his eyepatch, a black and deep purple revealed. He dissappeared from sight and appeared on the boat of the boarding party, starting to unleash hell with his rapier, dagger and flintlocks, killing the remaining crew before they even boarded the seraph.

As he stood between the corpses, he reappeared next to Mythica again, closing the special eye as a trickle of blood ran down from it. "Shit. Overused it." He murmured as he lowered his eyepatch again.

Codex

As Mythica continued to fight back the boarding party, she turned in Flint's direction at his last comment, only to his his eye patch upward, and his eye swallowed by a purple and black colour. Her own eyes widened for a minute in surprise, as she had never once seen anything like that before. He held onto a magic power she never knew.

It wasn't long until he seemingly puffed from the deck into thin air, and then appeared again on the enemy ship. The captain kept her eyes focused on him for a moment, as he quickly mopped up the last few crew members. When he reappeared next to her she was speechless, but only for a moment.

"Raah!" He attention quickly shot back to the battle at hand when she heard the familiar angry yell of a sailor trying to take her life. Raising her cutlass, it perfectly blocked her attacker. Within a few more blows and parries, she elegantly cut his side as he fell on the deck, bleeding out.

"Right then, now we'll board our next attacker." She told Flint, before nodding to her first mate who was just finishing off the last Navy man. Both the Seraph and the Adjudicator were currently engaged in a fierce canon brawl. Smoke and splinters of wood shot between both ships before Mythica took the wheel, and wrenched it to one side, lining the Seraph's Requiem up for a boarding run...

Medievarad

Flint nodded as he stepped sidewards rather wobbly, a bullet ringing past his ears. Well. He was nauseaus now. So. Barely a difference with being drunk and fighting. He took a deep sigh as his hand clenched down on the dagger behind his back.

Flint opened his right eye again and let out nothing short if a devilish grin. He made his way to the side of the ship and put his foot down on the edge. "Y'ARR. COME 'N GET SUM, YER A BUNCH O' SPINELESS COWARDS!" He called out above the thundering fire of cannons.

Codex

The captain rolled her eyes when she realized the effects of the magic he had just used had begun to make him tipsy. Drunk or not, she couldn't tell the difference. With that however, the ship had started to make it's boarding run with speed. "Aye! Lower the mains, and tae out the crew! Don't damage her more then what needs to be done!" She yelled at her crew before they quickly boarded the enemy vessel. She grabbed a rope hanging from the mast and nodded at Flint, before swinging off to meet the fray.

She quickly aimed her flintlock, and hit a navy man square in the head before landing on another, kicking him to the ground. She then unleashed a flurry of wind magic to gain her distance from the opponents that began to surround her. "Aye! TOday be a great day for fighting! Although the the winds of the water say ye be sleeping in Davy's locker!" She laughed somewhat like a maniac before continuing the fight, taking a few seconds with each opponent before quickly dispatching them, and moving to the next.

Medievarad

Flint followed at Mycasi's nod, flinging abourd the Adjudicator with a boarding rope. He smacked against the deck with his face first, as unceremonious as one could imagine. The sailors he landed between backed away, taken aback by this rather comical display. Yet they stood on guard as Flint rose to his feet again, the same grin plastered to his now bloody face.

A group of five sailors charged him. The first directly charged at him, scratching Flint's throat as e sidestepped. He pulled the dagger from his back and sunk the blade into the first one's chest. The second sailor pulled out a pistol. Flint turned around with the corpse to shield himself. With a loud bang that was lost in the racket of battle, a bullet dug into the first sailor. Flint smirked as he pushed the corpse away. He swiftly pulled out one of his own flintlocks and shot the second assailant in the gut, before ducking underneath the cutlass of the third sailor. The cutlass stabbed through the chest of another sailor, who slumped to the ground, bleeding heavily. Circling around the third one, Flint flicked the knife in his hand and plunged it in the back of his neck, before glaring at the fifth.

And that sailor was completely terrified. He dropped his cutlass and backed away from Flint, who gave him a manical grin.

Codex

Parry, duck, slash, flip. It was a dance the girl was all to familiar with. It wouldn't be long until the ship was under the pirate's control. She swung left and right, seeming to favour taking multiple opponents on at once. She fought her own group of navy men about 15 feet across the deck from Flint's position.

With a furious yell, a man came charging straight towards her with his sword held high. She quickly rolled across beside him, dragging her cutlass across his side. However, she immediately spun around to block an incoming strike to her waist. She let a powerful burst of wind magic go from her body, making her assailant stagger. Just enough for her to run up and kick him off the side of the boat. She backflipped as a sharp piece of steel hit the railing where she once stood, impailing the attacker before using her strength to turn his body to block the next hit. She quickly removed her weapon from the man's body, and used a powerful wind kick to kick him into his friend, who both stumbled into a hatch leading to the lower decks. With that, she got a flintlock from her side and spun around, shooting a man square in the head... Who seemed to have had his focus on Flint, as he backed up on the deck away from the former captain.

"Beat you to it." She said with a sly grin before blowing the smoke away from the barrel of her gun.

Medievarad

As the shot resiunded and a red mist splurted from his head, Flint glanced over his shoulder with a curious look. "A waste of yer bullet, missy." He replied, glancing around and grinning. "I think wa cleaned tha ship." He lout out a soft, content snarl as he rushed over to the captain's quarters, kicking the door down.

Codex

She quickly put the flintlock back into her holster as she surveyed the deck. Only people that were still standing was the Seraph's crew. She grinned and raised her bloody cutlass.

"The ship is ours!" She exclaimed as a thunderous roar of approval came from her crew. She turned her head to witness Flint going straight for the captain's quarters of the ship,. She grinned and followed him, keeping her blade drawn. She came up behind him, her height was much shorter then his.

"She everything you dreamed?"

Medievarad

A smirk came across Flint's face as he entered the captain's cabin. "Stylish," he murmured to himself as he glanced around, sitting down behind the desk on a soft, red linnen clad chair, richly decorated with gold trimmings. He kicked his boots on the desk and tipped his hat. "Aye, she's a beauty. That 'n more, cap'n Soulscar," he glanced down as he heard sope whimpering, seeing the captain of the vessel cowering under the desk. He let out a soft huff and pulled out a flintlock, shooting him through the head, several splatters landing on his coat and face.

"And ya kept yer deal. So I gotta keep mine," he replied, "but first we get this baby to tha cove and have it repaired, aye? Get it with a crew up an' runnin'."

Codex

"Heh, no need to go out of our way. I'm sure we just destroyed any Serrenian Navy in the area, so the port is as good as ours for at least a few days." She replied before walkin up to the captains desk. She lifted herself onto its edge and sat with her leg crossed. She the. Continued to wipe the blood off her cutlass on the edge of the table.

"After that battle, I'm sure many will join your crew. Well, as long as they don't know what happened to your previous one at least."

Medievarad

"True, I'll just haf'ta find some proper scallywags struttin' around with no job." He replied as he kicked the corpse away from underneath the desk, before sitting up again. "Aye, it probably would be best not to indulge 'em."

Codex

"Ye be renaming her then?" Mythica asked curiously. She seemingly ignored the wimpering man underneath the desk, until Flint put a bullet through his head. Some of the blood leaked out from under the desk as she stared at it for a moment.

"Damn Serrenians. Cowards the lot of em. Could've at least tried to defend yourself..." She mumbled.

Medievarad

"Aye," Flint grinned softly. "What'cha think 'bout tha Soulscar?" He gave her a shit eating grin. "I'm bein' serious. Ya deserve havin' it named after ya."

Codex

Mythica simply rolled her eyes. "Flattering, but I can't have a ship named after me that I don't captain." She told him. "Name it something based on what the ship reminds you of. Unless Ye be having her apperance changed as well." She said with a smile.

"Now that the Seraph kinda incapacitated yer boat, guess I'll have to pull her into port myself." She said standing back up picking up a bottle of rum that lied on the captain's desk.  "I'll be at the local waterin hole when we make port. Suggest you get the ship fixed before you start recruiting." She said with a wave of her free hand before exiting the cabin, barking orders to her crew.

Medievarad

"Heh," Flint huffed as he pulled up a second bottle of rum. "It was that or tha juggernaught. So ya'd rather have me goin' for the latter." Flint concluded. He shaked the bottle. "'N join me in the cabin 'ere if ya wanna chat." He stated before she walked out and before he leaned back to take a deep swig from the rum.

Tags: