Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Rest For The Wicked [M] [Heretic King]

Started by Codex, March 20, 2016, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

About 15 minutes later, the grey sailed ship shifted into port, hauling a larger ship behind it. Brittled with damage from its previous battle. As the plank was let down to the dock Mythica lazily meandered the deck of her ship, closely eying the one she had hulled in. With proper treatment, and crew, it would most certainly make a fine pirate vessel. What was the feeling she had...? Was it jealousy? No, no. Of course not! The Seraph's Requiem was one of the best ships in these waters. And it had just obliterated half of the Adju- The Juggernaught's hull.

As the captain was lost in thought, her first mate came up from behind. "Cap'n. Are ye sure this is a smart idea...? Helping this man get back on his feet could just create another rival for us to compete with." She shot him a somewhat annoyed glance. "Relax. If all goes according to plan, we won't even be in these waters much longer to have him as a rival..." She said again. Maul didn't say anything, understanding what she meant. "Now, we got some... Pirates to meet in the town." She said with a sly grin... It made Maul unsettled...

Medievarad

Flint stulbled down the walkway, holding a bottle of rum in his hand. He took a deep swig before snorting, "empty," to himself and slamming the bottle down against the docks. Adjusting his hat as he glanced at Mythica. "It's gon' need repairing. A new layer of paint." He lifted his head to soick thriugh his greasy black hair and sighed. "I'll try and hire some seadogs." He said as he walked off to the nearest pub.

Codex

"Honestly miss Soulscar, this is preposterous!" The brown haired, fancy dressed man said with a stern glare. They had been sitting on opposite sides at a small table in the corner of the pub. "With such reckless actions, I don't know if I can continue doing business with you." At this Mythica stopped twirling the unusually fancy wine glass in her hand. "Is that how you feel? I just raided a convoy last week. With that money, you and your 'associates' will be set for another 5 years." She said rather calmly, however the uneasiness in her two crew members said otherwise. "My point. It's stolen gold. I don't want to get involved in that."

Mythica put down the glass and giggled. "Stolen gold? Of course it's stolen! When you're willing to sell to a pirate, what do you expect? We aren't exactly honest workers." At this the man sighed, and eyed her carefully as she rested a hand on the bulbous hilt of her weapon. "I do suppose you're right." He began. "Then do we have a deal?" Mythica said suddenly. He sighed before taking a sip from his glass. "I don't know what you're planning with these, but I agree to the terms."

Mythica stood up and gave a sarcastic bow. "Thank you, Lord Enevia." She concluded with a grin. "Seraph's at the docks, bring yer crates there, Maul will handle the rest." She said before walking towards the counter, shoving off some flirtatious drunks.

Medievarad

Flint was in the same pub as Mythica. Yet, she didn't notice him since she was too busy with bussiness. Flint in turn didn't notice the captain. He was focussing on the task at hand. Getting booze.

Or was it a crew he needed? Both. Definitly both. Flint sat down on the counter and ordered a bottle of rum, before swinging around and taking a deep swig from the bottle.

After that, he took a deep breath. "Aye listen up, ye scurvy curs!" His voice thundered thriugh the entire room, silencing all commotion. "I'm captain Flint, aye?! 'N I got me a ship, none other than tha' blighted adjudicator! Or as I'm callin' it now, since it fuckin' belongs to me, tha juggernaut!" He loud out a loud laughter, before being surprisingly met with cheers. The charismatic captain had some kind of charm to him.

"An' I need a crew o' the most rotten bastards that crawl in this fitlh! Meet me tomorrow at tha docks 'n we'll see if yer cut out for me crew!" He called out, before raising his bottle and downing it in one go, slamming it to the floor, before turning around to the bar again.

He ordered a bottle of rum as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He glanced up at someone who was at least twenty centimeters taller than him. Looked quite pissed off and not half as drunk as Flint currently was. "Oi, wat'cha want? I said tomorrow," Flint snarled.

Codex

"Woha girly! What'd do they call you?" A rather drunk, and frankly awful smelling pirate exclaimed as he groped Mythica's arm. She simply stopped and returned "Soulscar on most days, but never 'girly'." She snarled before pulling her arm away, just enough force to knock the rum infested pirate over. She sat about 10 feet across the counter from Flint as he began his announcement. This scene was all too familiar. She leaned back against the counter as he enticed the tavern, and seemingly attracted a much taller, and angry looking man. This should be interesting...

Mythica simply sat there, observing the scene while holding a mug of rum.

Medievarad

Flint looked up at the pirate with lazy eyes, pretty drunk, that was for sure. He let out a soft, bemused huff. "Oi. You wanna know how I made yer mum scream last night?" He asked, his tone growing rather agressive. Flint knewbthis guy wanted to fight. So he happily obliged and gave a reason.

The pirate raised his fist and smack right against Flint's face, nose cracking as he slumped to the floor, blood running from his face. He laid there for a short while before he suddenly shot up to grab the man around his waist, toppling him and getting ontop of him. Flint raised his fists to block the first punch thrown at him. He grabbed the second punch and forced the pirate's hand against the floor. He started to smack his fist down against his assailant's skull, each punch accompanying a word. "You. Made. Me. Spill. Some. Good. Rum!" He got to his feet again with a deep breath, leaning againqt the counter, before turning around and taking his seat again. "Another one of the same," he said, nodding towards the man on the floor. "His tab."

The pirate got to his feet again and approached Flint, who had recieved his bottle and sighed. "Make that two bottles." He gripped the neck and turned around, smacking the glass against the man's face with a loud clang as it broke to pieces. "'N stay down, ya rotten scumbag."

Codex

"Not unexpected." Mythica whispered to herself as she observed the brawl between the two pirates. As the larger fella tumbled on the ground, Soulscar held up a hand and retrieved a coin purse from another pirate. Evidently she was gambling upon the outcome. She leaned over to another bigger looking man and his friend. "Bet you can't knock some sense into him." She giggled. He raised an eyebrow. "How much you bet lassie?" He asked. "30 pieces says you can't beat the snot out of him." He smirked and looked at Flint. "You're on girly." He said through yellow teeth.

Mythica leaned backed against the counter and raised a glass to Flint as the two Pirates came up. "Right then, we got money riding on this brawl, so let's make it worth it." He said after crackin his knuckles.

Medievarad

Flint rubbed the blood from underneath his nose and took a swig from the rum, before glancing up at the two pirates that approached him.

He flung his elbow back, hitting one of them square in the chest. He doubled over gasping for breath. Flint grabbed the back of his head and slammed his face down on the counter.

He stood up and faced the second pirate, taking a deep swig from his rum, before slumping down to the floor as he started to snore loudly.

Codex

Mythica's amused face quickly vanished from her expression as she witnessed Flint fall to the floor, pissed drunk again. She gave a heavy sigh before the only standing pirate turned his attention back to her. "Guess I win then lass." he said, cackling through his yellowed teeth. "Seems so." she responded coldly, before flipping a few gold pieces his way. Even though they both knew the pirate didn't do anything to hinder the captain's movement. Although she wasn't here to make enemies.

She simply lowered her hat and leaned back against the counter. However before she could demand another drink, she felt a large, greasy hand fall on her leg. She flung her head around, her eyes pissed with what she assumed the man was trying to do. It was the same pirate who she recently gave a few gold pieces to. "I see ye got a sword. Why not triple the stakes?" he grinned, patting his own blade. Mythica hesitated for a moment, because of the awkward position his hand was. She was about to accept his offer, but then he made the wrong move.

His hand slipped farther up her thigh. Wrong move. With a quick burst of magic, he found him self staggering backwards before Mythica lunged forward. She ducked under his arm, and grabbed his blade from its sheath. With a quick turn, she was behind him, and kicked him against the counter. Within an instant she lunged forward again, holding the sword.

"AUGH!" The man yelled. His hand lay stuck the counter, oozing with blood. Lodged in between the bones of his hand was his dull rusted razor, stuck several feet into the wood below it.

Medievarad

It was at the same time Flint woke up that a pirate seemed to get a little frisky. He sat up and rubbed his head, hearing the cry of pain from behind him. He stood up and turned around to see the scene and recognize the face of the pirate that attacked him.

Well, it seemed Soulscar was handling the situation just fine on her own. But she was too preoccupied to see yet another pirate coming from her. But he ignored Flint. Quite stupid. Because Captain Flint loathed being ignored.

"Oi Soulscar," he blurted out as he stumbled forward, grabbing the pirate by his hair as he did. He put a hand on her shoulder and shoved her aside, before the pirate's face crashed down on the one she had pinned down, with a dry smack and several cracks.

Flint stumbled sidewards, slumping down on a stool with a soft grin. "Anyone else fancy some fisticuffs? You can just call out, then lie on the floor and cry!" The way he did handle two pirates just now, the same for Soulscar, caused an anxious silence.

It seemed like his point got across. Don't mess with the two captains.

Codex

After the short rumble the duo had seemingly started, Mythica simply wiped the blood from her cuffs on the whimpering pirate's back. "Now then, guess you won't be putting your hand anywhere else." She said in a rather annoyed tone. After witnessing Flint's routine, she grinned and adjusted her hat.

"You don't need to go easy on em y'know. We kinda just sunk the law a few hours ago." She told him with a sly smile as the rest of the tavern had their attention focused on the duo. She shot a glance to the bartender. Without needing to say a single word, he knew exactly what to do. Mythica caught another bottle of rum in her hand and quickly ripped the cork out with her teeth.

"I'll be at the Seraph, captain. I'll give you some time to gain a crew and repair your ship." She said as the girl walked out.

Medievarad

"Pfah, I'm too drunk to stab or shoot straight," was what the captain blurted out. One of his hands pulled something from the pirate's belt, before throwing it over. A small purse. "This is yers, I believe," he said, snorting slightly, before spitting out some blood.

"We'll be at ready tomorrow noon," Flint replied as she walked out. He glanced sidewards at the two unconcious pirates, before sighing. "I need another drink," he concluded.

But despite Flint being completely wasted, he held true to his word. Repaired, outfitted and even painted by noon, the juggernaut loomed in the docks. It was pretty clear it was the biggest ship currently docked there. A slow, yet extremely powerful warship.

And Flint was yelling orders next to his new first man. With quite the colourful language.

Codex

And as fate would have it, Flint kept his word. It wasn't long until the loud commotion of the docks awoke the young pirate. Her ship slowly rocked as her eyes squinted open from the large chair she had been sitting in. An empty bottle of rum on the desk in front of her. It was morning, although there wasn't any sunlight... Something was shading her windows from the morning's greeter.

She observed the source, which seemed to a larger ship then her own. It shared a similar resemblance to the one she had boarded, only the day before. It wasn't long until her curiosity got the better of her, and Mythica stepped out onto the deck of the Seraph. On the dock next to hers, was the Juggernaut. A much different boat then the day before.

"Aye, not sure how you managed to lose your last ship if this is how fast ye are." She told Flint as she wandered onto the deck of his boat, taking a seat on an idle barrel. Few of the crew members gave her a strange look, some staying nearby with their hands on their weapons, obviously not knowing who Mythica was.

Medievarad

"Oi!" Flint called to the pirates who were on edge when Mythica boarded. "Get back to work, ain't the first time ya saw a woman," he snarled. The pirates nodded and grinned, before heding back to work.

Flint lazily stepped down the stairs and leaned against the rail with a soft snort, raising his hand and rapidly curling and unfurling his fingers. "Magic fingers," he replied, before leaning back.."Can I invite ya to me private quarters, cap'n soulscar?"

Codex

Mythica simply smirked as she carefully eyed the nervous crewman watching her. Her facial expression told them: "I dare you to try something." And it seemed none of them were brave enough to test her. Or at least that's what she thought. Turns out their captain warded the curious off.

"Magic fingers?" She snorted. Although, judging by the display he pulled during the battle between the Seraph and the Serrenian naval ships, nothing would surprise her.

She cocked an eyebrow and put on a intriguing grin after his last remark. "Oh? Got something on yer mind captain?" She asked in a playful tune, one that sounded very uncharacteristically for her. Some of the others also heard this, and gave awkward glances to her and each other.

Medievarad

"Aye, magic fingers," Flint assured with a soft grin.

He folded his arms, the smirk spread slightly. "Jus' a small gift," he pushed himself up straight and nodded towards the door, before bowing rather ceremoniously, extending his hand. "My lady?" He asked with a soft grin.

Codex

Mythica stared at his hand for a moment before standing up. She gave a sly smile before taking his hand. "Well then, let's see what you got, cap'n Flint." She said in a more hushed tone "Better not be a fucking puppy." She then said again under her breath, still containing the grin as she let him lead her into the captain's cabin.

Medievarad

Flint snickered softly, guiding her to the captain's quarters. "Aw shit," he joked. "You got me," he said as he pushed open the door, allowing her to step in first, before closing the door behind himself.

The quarters were tidied up, cleaned slightly and rid off the corpse Flint made prior. But it still was a pirate's cabin now, so several empty bottles littered the place. "I thought I'd share this with ya, seemed pretty valuable to," Flint said as he pulled open a cupboard,.the lock obviously forced open. He pulled up an odd bottle, richly decorated with gold touches. "How 'bout crackin' this open?"

Codex

"Huh?" Mythica stared at the bottle for a moment before giving her response. "An how do these navy captains get better rum then me?" She asked, not expecting an answer before carefully glancing around the cabin for any more hidden goodies.

"Aye, haven't been wasted in a while. Why not celebrate my victory and your new ship?"

Medievarad

"Sounds like a plan to me," Flint said, his tone overjoyed. He tossed the bottle over, turning to the desk to sit down in the large chair. "This is a damn fine chair, ya wanna test it?"

Tags: