Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gaze into the rift! Admire the view! [M]

Started by Medievarad, March 21, 2016, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

What had happened?

Seldon studied his hand weakly. His face was pale, eyes stood weak. He had no idea what had led up to.. All of this, but it happened. He was in bed still. But he felt healthy as ever. Healthier even. He was brimming with a new power.

Yet, only thinking about the consequences made the young Seldon pale and nauseous. He closed his eyes and slicked the white hair back. His eyes met a mirror. And with a sad sigh, he looked upon the new appearance that had followed the sudden influx of energy. White hair, one red and black eye. Visible for life. It would most likely never change.

A black, whispy energy filled his hand as he looked back to it. Only to be extinguished as he clenched a fist. So many questions.

And no answers.

visualspice

What had happened?

She had been standing in the hall on the way to her brother's room. Seldon had not been well in days. But her heart stopped when she saw something black sweep over her, then consumed her world. Any sense of the moment when blackness screeched in whispers throughout the halls of her home and made her, as well as everybody else, blind; had gone out the window when sight, and some semblance of reality returned.

Cold ripples washed up and through her body. She was alive... it was no explosion-
but what? Had somehting else occurred? She was not someone to simply see things, nd she was in perfect health. But then she remembered her brother, and went running.

"SELDON!" she called off, and dashed into his room, and froze in the doorway at what she saw and drew her blade. Pointing it at the white haired man she demanded, "Who are you and where is my brother?" But upon seeing his face, her grip tensed before slacking, and her eye's widened. Her jaw dropped opened as she stuttered his name.
"S-..Seldon?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

Seldon heard heavy footsteps down the hall. Petrin, it could only be her.

He looked up as he saw Petrin dashing into his room. Staring up at her in confusion and awe. Unknowing what to say. "Petrin," he answered before swallowing heavily. He looked away from her. He didn't want to be seen like this.

"Hey sis," he stammered weakly, obviously trying to hold back sobs. And with a greeting he only rarely used. A greeting he solemnly used in these kind of situations. "I'm looking pretty bad, huh?"

visualspice

She was frozen in place, stunned for the longest times before the words broke from her-

"Seldon... Seldon what happened to you?" And soon she was rushing to her brother's side.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

"I-.." He took a deep breath to push the sobs in his aching throat down. "I-I don't know.." He murmured weakly. "I feel.. Healthy. Not sick at all.." He glanced at his hand again, still feeling the ominous pulse that had taken over the entire mansion in his very core.

"It just.. Went dark.. And cold.. And silent." He murmured with widened eyes. "I saw-" he took deep and frantic breaths as he got into panic. Only now realising what he did see.

visualspice

Seeing the panic in his voice, Petrin was quick to grab Seldon as she embraced him fervently.
"Gods... Seldon, all I care about is that you're alright." What would she do without him? If both of her brother's would leave her... or die....
She didn't want to think about it and pulled away to peer up, wide eyed, at his face, his hair...

"Your hair.... what happened? I felt it too... the strange darkness that consumed everything."

Medievarad

Seldon grit his teeth as he felt the warm and comforting embrace of his elder sister. He teared up, but fought them back desperatly. He wasn't allowed to cry. He was a Stark, goddamnit. And above that, he still had to remain strong. For their father, for Petrin. For the good of their house.

"I.. I don't know.. I-" he took a deep breath, holding his oddly coloured eye close. "This.. Happened.. And next thing I know.. I look like this."

visualspice

A warm hand cupped his cheek as she looked him in the eyes.
"Did someone come in here... did they do this to you?"

Medievarad

Still holding his left eye closed, Seldon shook his head. "No.. It just happened.. All of a sudden. An influx of energy.." He held up his hand, conjuring the whispy darkness in his palm again.

visualspice

Petrin gasped at the sight and pulled away, only slightly, flinching in fear that whatever the black wisps were might hurt her.

"What.... how?" she asked, looking from his hand back into his eyes. Then she noticed his one eye was closed. "Your eye..." And she moved to brush some of his strange, white hair aside.

Medievarad

Seldon shook his head slowly, "Don't.. Please," he whispered as he closed his hand again, keeping the eye shut.

visualspice

"Seldon...." She watched her brother retract from her, eyes welling with concern. "Seldon please..." She moved closer to him again. "What happened to you.... people will question it- and if they had experienced the same darkness we had.... Many will... they'll... they'll think you're a mage, or have been tainted by another of magic."

Medievarad

"I know," he grit his teeth. "I know!" He snapped at Petrin, opening his left eye. The black, whispy energy seething around it.

visualspice

At the sight of his eye, Petrin froze. But when she noticed the blackened energy, she jerked back and watched it in horror.

Medievarad

"I'm not human anymore," Seldon whispered before he put a hand on Petrin's shoulder, standing up. "I don't.. feel human.. Anymore."

visualspice

Petrin couldn't help herself. The strangeness of his eyes, his hair... it was as if her brother had been chewed up with change. And at his confession, her hands went to his face and she made him look her clear in the eyes.

"You are human, and so much more than that. You are a Stark, of noble birth, and are growing up into a fine man. Mother and father are proud of you, and me too," she assured him, eyes dancing with passion. "Whatever you feel, whatever happened, you will always be my brother. You will always be a Stark."

Her smile wavered as she reached a hand up to touch his hair.
"Although we might have to explain the loss of red in your hair." It was a jest done out of nerves, to try to ease the mood, but tensions were high, and even she feared what her brother confessed might be true.

Medievarad

Seldon shook his head, swallowing heavily. "I've seen it, Petrin.. The void." He muttered. "It gazed right back at me. Stark or not.." He gave her a slightly mortified smile. "But.. Thanks, sis."

A soft chuckle left him as she reached for his hair. "It's harder to cover it up than the eye."

visualspice

In spite of herself, a few hot tears rolled down her cheeks. And though she whimpered, mouth opening as if to speak, she instead threw her arms around him and hugged him tight.

Medievarad

Seldon put his arms around Petrin as he felt the close hug, closing his eyes briefly. "I.. I'll need to control this," he whispered softly.

visualspice

"You can," she nodded, sniffling back tears and smiling for her brother. "You will. You're strong. You're a Stark... We'll figure this out." And her hand found it's way to his and threaded them together. "Together."