Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sticky Fingers (ZeroOrgan!)

Started by Fukurou, April 16, 2016, 07:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

"Come back here you thieving little street rat!"

The young woodelf bolted through the streets, weaving in-between pedestrian, lunging over obstacles and zipping in and out of alley ways. She clutched the stolen ornate ruby amulet to her chest. I have to get away! she thought to herself, her emerald eyes darting around the scene in attempt to find a place to hide. I need to get away.
The hot sun beat down on her and her calloused bare feet started to bleed. She was exhausted, hungry, and desperate. Desperate enough to attempt to rob a jeweler's stand in daylight. She rounded the corner and -SMACK!- her vision turned to black as she felt a blunt object hit the side of her face.

"We got her! That wily little bitch!" Her hood was pulled off by the man who spoke above her. She felt grab a handful of her wild red hair by the scalp and pull her head up to meet the captain's face. Slowly, her vision started to come back. The blurry figure crouched down, his dark face inches from the girl's.

"My my. Look at what we have here." The captain smirked. "And what a nasty looking bruise too."

The girl scowled.

"Bryndolin, isn't it? Or should I say the Rat of Essyrn?" The captain beamed at his remark and laughter erupted among the guardsmen.

Sheathing with anger, Bryndolin spat in the eye of the captain. The captain flinched and all of the guardsmen drew their weapons, ready to attack when needed.

"Why you little shit!" He slapped her across the face, aiming directly at the fresh green and purple bruise than painted her let cheek. "You will lose your hands for this and perhaps also your tongue as well!"

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul was walking down small street, the largest street in Essyrn. It was a joke made by the locals , it was indeed named small street, because at the origins of Essyrn it was the smallest street. But as more people came and the city grew, so did the street. The higher ups didn't bother changing the name, as a comedic joke, and as a tourist attraction .  Meliadoul was sitting down, under a small cloth roof upheld by wooden supports, much like a market stall without the stall. She was sitting on a small sandstone bench, sharpening the tip of her rapier .

She glanced up as one of the captains of the local gaurd charged in there, preparing a swing before even entered. SMACK. she heard.. Meliadoul stood up abruptly, and glanced around the corner, grabbing her parrying dagger from her side, she frowned as she glanced over the situation, she spotted the wood elf being bullied by these guards, and she smiled as she stood up for herself with the spit .

But they crossed the line, after the man punched the thief again in the cheek, where the bruise was, without hesitation, she quickly swung around the corner, stabbing her rapier directly into the back of the captains neck...

Blood spirt onto the thief from the gaurd captain, his eyes rolled up into the back of his head, he fell to his knees, and then to the dirt, the Girl would fall with him, and Meliadoul quickly stepped foward infront of her. She spoke in a melancholic and stoic manner.

"Begone, lest you end up like your captain."

Fukurou

Eyes wide and blood splurging from his neck the captain gurgled and he fell to the ground. Dead. The sudden release of the man's grip on her hair caused her to fall face-first into the soil. Bryn looked up. A woman stood before her, dressed in green. She carried with her an air of authority, her rapier dripping with the blood of the captain.

"Begone, lest you end up like your captain." As she uttered these words, the guardsmen scattered in every direction. Bryn didn't notice the expressions of the guardsmen, for she was too busy gaping up at her rescuer, her eyes wide in fear and awe.

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul was already a renowned warrior in Essyrn, She had defeated a drake, killed two warbands of bandits, and was a favorite in the gladiator arena . The guards expressions varied, with most ofthem being afraid, with only one of them being angry, and maybe even stupidly brave. Although in the end they all ran. Meliadoul turned her head, looking to the wood elf with concern, she leaned down, pulling out a cookie from her satchel, and offering it to her.

"You alright? Seems like you got roughed up" She looked to her bruise with melancholic eyes.

Fukurou

It took Bryn a while to register what the green-clad woman had said, for she was still in shock of what just happened.

"Uh, yeah," Bryn said, sitting herself up. "I'm okay. Thank you." She tentatively took the food in the green-clad woman's hand, curious yet cautious of what it was. The treat crumbled as she took a bite. The taste was divine. Much better than anything she had ever eaten. Bryn's eyes rolled up in her head out of delight and a smile broke across her bruised face. She quickly ate the rest of the treat, then remembered what had occurred. Ashamed, Bryn looked away from the green-clad woman. "Thank you, ma'am, for helping me and all, but..." she paused for a moment and then looked back up, locking eyes with the warrior. "But why? Why did you help me? I don't understand."

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul nodded thoughfully, quickly and confidently responding. "There are somethings, even I cannot explain, although there are some things the gods can. " She nodded, offering a hand "Lets bring you to my home, if you dont mind. I dont want that bruise to swell any further"

Meliadoul looked straight into her eyes, her cold eyes unchanging. She idly pulled out a oiled cloth, cleaning the rapier...

Fukurou

What an odd answer, Bryn thought to herself as she watched the green-clad warrior clean her rapier. She considered not going with the woman. Perhaps the woman is a dangerous slaver, or perhaps she wants to capture the young Wood Elf so that she can turn her in herself and take the bounty money. Despite her apprehensive thoughts, Bryn nodded in agreement and heaved herself up in order to follow this mysterious woman to her house.

ZeroOrgan

She had a home near the bazar, she unlocked the door, and a heavenly sunlight glow glowed from within, as she entered she motioned to her shrine, the large picture of the sun being the centerpiece of the room. Meliadoul didn't make much motion to show her house other then that,

"Wait here." She pointed to the couch, before going to what seemed light a kitchen, she opened the door and looked towards the cabinet above the sink, she opened it and dug through al the vials and potions , before pulling out a potion of scarlet red. She shook her head before moving back to the girl, offering it to her.

"Its a healing potion, Just a sip is all you need, just a tiny one, dont want to waste it. "

Her stare was unchanging.

Fukurou

Bryn blinked as the sunlight radiating from the green-clad woman's home hit her face. She walked across the room towards the shrine. Bryn wasn't particularly religious, but despite that she was still in awe of the shrine. Bryn had heard stories of paladins bravely slaying demons and protecting the people of the land. She wondered if this woman was a paladin, but decided against asking her.

"Wait here." The woman pointed to the couch. Bryn obeyed and sat patiently on the couch for her to return. This would be the opportune time for her to lift a few small yet valuable things from her house, but Bryn decided against it out of both fear and respect.

The woman returned with a bottle in hand. "Its a healing potion, Just a sip is all you need, just a tiny one, dont want to waste it. "

"Thank you." Bryn nodded and took the potion. So valuable, she thought to herself as she carefully sipped at the scarlet liquid, careful not to drink too much. Bryn noticed the stony expression on her face. It was the only expression she seemed to have, save for the brief melancholic look she had when they first met.

Bryn glanced back at the shrine.

ZeroOrgan

" Are you curios, about my beliefs? " Asked Meliadoul , with a hint of actual emotion, that emotion being curiosity , although it was hard to tell if it was spiteful or interested type of curiosity . She pulled back her hood, revealing short dark brown hair, Very long actually, flowing past her shoulders, it was concealed by the hood, oddly enough.

Meliadoul unhooked her swords, and daggers ,placing them apon a rack and sitting down, looking towards the shrine then to the girl.

Fukurou

Bryn looked back at the green-clad woman. Her hood was pulled back, revealing her whole face including her dark brown hair. Her face bore an expression of curiosity, but beyond that Bryn couldn't tell whether or not she was offended or delighted.

"Um, a bit," Bryn started tentatively. "But you don't have to tell me. Unless you want to."

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul nodded, thinking carefully about her response.  Although idly, a pair of white wings, very large sprung out through her robe, Meliadoul looked back at them and sighed, then towards the girl.

"I apologize if these wings scare you" She said, smiling for the first time in the entire conversation. "Still adjusting. "

She turned back, moving towards the kitchen, her wings hugging her tightly as she places a pot on the stove, filling it with water and waiting for it to boil .

Fukurou

Bryn watched as the wings burst fromthe green-clad woman`s back. "Woah," Bryn gaped at them, watching the way the shrine`s light glinted off of the beautiful white plumage. "You`re beautiful." She meant this in a pure and admiring way, much like they way a young girl would look up to their favorite princess or queen.

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul giggled, looking back over to Bryn with a gleeful smile, her eyes are now glowing an angelic white, as she moves over to the pot, , throwing in more spices and meats, trying to make a certain type of soup. She continued to ask her questions.

"So Bryn, what caused you to start your adventures as "The Rat of Essyrn" She said this in a dramatic manner, to hint at comedy. Attempting not to hurt her feelings.

Fukurou

Bryn laughed at the green-clad woman's remark. She seemed to feel more at ease now."Everyone here knows 'bout my name, 'The Rat of Essyrn,'" she chuckled. The way Bryn talked made it evident that she had little traditional education and that she had spent the majority of her life around ruffians and other bottom-feeders. "Mum and dad were travelling here in order to make it big in the market. We left with a caravan when I was young." She looked down at her hands. Her emerald eyes held a hint of sorrow in them. "We was attacked by monsters. Mum told me to run, that they'd meet me in Essryn. So I ran. I ran and I ran until I couldn't run no more. I had made it to the gates, though. Waited for my parents. I knew they'd come back. I trusted they'd come back, so I waited." She clenched her fists. "They never did. No one wanted to take me in. Whatever, ya know. Don't need 'em anyways." She looked up again, her green eyes sparkled and she bore a slight smirk on her face. "Ran with a small group of other orphans. We lived by stealin' and watchin' each other's backs. I don't feel bad, we got other option, ya know. Most people be spittin' at us and stuff." Her expression changed to one a bit serious. "I was 'The Rat of Essryn' 'cause no one was able to catch me. The others weren't so lucky, though. Kaliv's in prison, Dubaar's missin' a hand, Adiv's a slave, and Alika...." She looked down again. "Alika was a prostitute." After a small pause, Bryn looked up again, her smirk reappearing on her face. "That's how I've become 'the Rat of Essyrn."