Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I swear to drunk I'm not God. [Glooob!] [m]

Started by Rhindeer, April 21, 2016, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Drinks on me tonight, boys!" Faris, cheeks flushed with ale, announced to the busy tavern as she hopped from a chair to the bar counter, waving her mug about and sloshing the foaming drink all over herself and anyone unlucky enough to be below her. "Ya hear that, barkeep? Keep the rounds coming! More rounds for everyone!"

"Faris, get down! You're gonna break your fool neck," one of her fellow guardsmen hissed, tugging at her kilt, but she just pranced away across the counter, hopping around peoples' drinks--and kicking over a fair few (mostly empty, thank goodness) since she wasn't nearly as graceful right now as she thought she was.

"I'll get down when I break my neck, but my neck's not broke yet!" she said with a laugh, and took another swallow of ale--and knocking over another mug of booze. The man cursed a protest, and she just shoved her mug of ale under his nose and pat his head. "Don't worry, didn't ya hear? I got you covered, man! Don't worry! Hey! Barkeep! Bring this fella a drink, you hear--ah!"

She yelped and flailed when that same guardsman grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down from the bar. "Faris, you're drunk."

"Naaaaaw."

"You're totally wasted. You ordered rounds for the entire house."

"Yeah, I know," Faris said, trying to wriggle free.

"You can't afford that!"

"Hey, hey, don't tell me how to live my life!" And Faris ducked out of his arms, pat his cheek, and skipped away to hop back up onto a chair--that swayed precariously as she stood atop it.

"Who's up for some gambling?!" she called, and her friend sank his face into his hand with a loud groan.

That was usually how she tried to pay for things when she got like this.

And it never ended well.

"Fine, fine, you do you," he said with a sigh as he rose to his feet and gave her a wave. "Don't call me when you wind up in an alley in your smallclothes again with stuff drawn all over your face." And with that said, he slipped out into the night. Most of the rest of the tavern was full of her fellow guardsmen, as well. She'd be fine, as she always was. But he didn't like to stick around because the secondhand embarrassment was too strong.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Elaros was also a patron of this bar, and it was from a secluded booth, nestled between two belly dancers and table adorned with wines and other, slightly less legal things, and while he wasn't a member of the guard, this wasn't the first time he'd seen this woman. It seemed that like him, she was someone who frequented taverns, much like him.

He'd have been lying if he said his last encounter with her had left an impression. So, after watchig her run up a bar tab that was more on his level than anything else, he decided why not join her for a game?

He looked to his dancers, and he gave them curt nods. He gave one a squeeze and a kiss and srood from the table.

"You girls can have the rest," he said, and he raised his hand, which held a black top hat.

He was dressed a bit differently today, pretty much wearing a dark buttoned suit with gold accents to match his scales, and he had one of his favorite accessories with him, a cane topped with a large gem as a handle. The cane was ebony wood, and the handle was made of solid topaz.

"I will take you up on that offer," Elaros said, giving her a grin.

Rhindeer

"Aw, yes!" Faris crowed when she heard someone take her up on that, and she turned on her rickety chair to look for the source of that voice. Which...seemed to be a talking kaadir? No, lizardman person?

Damn, maybe she'd drank more than she realized.

Whatever! Kaadir-lizard-man was dressed awfully fancy so that meant money and she needed money!

"Yeah, yeah, over here!" she called, waving him to her table before she plopped down onto her butt into the chair, finally. "Want cards or dice or what?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Elaros gave her a slight bow of his head as he sat down across from her, placing his hat on his head and keeping his cane held up via his tail.

He gave her a cursory examination just to ascertain her level of drunkennes (from his experience, he'd say with confidence that she was pretty shitfaced), and then spoke.

"Liar's Dice is my game of choice," Elaros said.

Rhindeer

"Done!" Faris said, and reached down her shirt to pull out a small bag of dice.

Hey, the breast band she wore was good for more than keeping everything bound down. It also made for good storage.

She dumped the dice out onto the table. "What's your wager, eh?"

DaGlobster

Elaros gave Faris a smirk at that, and he picked up the nearest empty tankard, putting six dice in it. He flagged down a passing wench, and ordered a round of drinks for him and his new gambling partner.

"My wager..." He started, and glanced around, until his eyes finally fell back on her. He put a hand on his chin, claws tracing his handsome, yet foreign features.

"Is that if you win, I will pay your tab," Elaros said.

"What's yours?"

Rhindeer

"Hot damn, I like you," Faris said with a wide grin, because yeah she was wasted, but she also knew she wouldn't be able to afford the tab she was racking up.

But knowing that didn't stop her. Because she was past the point of good decisions.

"If you win...psssssh, I'll do whatever you want so long as you still pay my goddamn tab, how's that sound?"

DaGlobster

Elaros gave Faris a look of consideration, before finally, he nodded.

"Yes, that seems agreeable," Elaros said, and he unbuttoned the top layer of his suit, setting against his seat back. She'd be able to see more of his physique, now, as beneath he wore a waistcoat and a sheer, form-fitting silk shirt with sleeves that reached his elbows.

Even if she lost, he would've paid her tab regardless.

"May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" he said, and he extended a hand across the table for her to shake.

Rhindeer

Hah! Great! So even if she lost, she won! Ah, yes, she was a genius, she'd stacked the metaphorical deck entirely in her favor!

With a wide grin, Faris dropped her own dice into the mug she just drained, then clasped his hand in hers. "Name's Faris," she said. "It's a pleasure, mister uh...what'syername?"

DaGlobster

"Faris," he repeated, and he gave her a warm smile.

"My name is Elaros. Charmed to meet you," he said.

He looked back down at his dice, and gave his tankard a tiny shake.

"Shall we?"

Rhindeer

"Alrighty, Elaros, you're on!" Faris said, giving her dice a shake before turning her tankard over onto the table.

She peeked beneath it. Two 6s, one 1, three 3s.

DaGlobster

Elaros smirked, and he rolled his dice, turning the tankard over and lifting it just a tad so he could see.

three 6s, one five, two 2s.

Elaros looked thoughtful for a few moments, and then spoke up.

"I'm going to say... two 2s."

Rhindeer

[Loool Rhi has never played this before so... *furiously looks up tutorials* >___>]

Faris was way too drunk for logic, and as their rounds came by, she took up a tankard and took a gulp.

"Uhhhh...three 1s."

DaGlobster

[Lol I barely remember the rules myself. Especially since there's like a bajillion versions! I was assuming that we're playing the version where people can call whatever number and die they like (as long as the number of dice/die number increases every time), and there has to be at least that many on the table for them to win if they're called liar.]

Elaros looked at Faris, and after a few moments, he spoke.

"Three ones? Liar."

Rhindeer

...Well, shit.

Though hey, she was still technically winning, too! Even if she'd lost!

With a soft curse, Faris lifted her cup, revealing her single 1.

DaGlobster

Elaros lifted his cup, revealing that he had zero 1s.

"Looks like you lose a die, Faris," Elaros said.

Rhindeer

Faris pushed a die away, banishing it to a corner of the table, then plunked her dice back into the tankard, shook it, and turned it over.

One 4, one 6, one 5, and three 2s.

"Hey, I've still got five more chances here! Hope you got enough money!"

DaGlobster

Elaros chuckled, and shook again.

Two 4s, a 6, two 1s, and a 2.

"Believe me, I have enough," Elaros said.

"Three 2s."

Rhindeer

"Three 6s! Man, I guess you'd better, to be dressed like that. Hey, mind if I ask what the hell you are, anyway?" Faris blurted, too drunk to realize that was rude.

DaGlobster

Three sixes?

Elaros looked at Faris for a bit, glanced down at his cup, and then looked back up to her.

"I'm a Drakkonan. We live past the Kishahn, at the southernmost tip of the continent," Elaros said, and he drank from his tankard.

"Four sixes."

Tags: