Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A tale of two sisters [M] [Archived]

Started by Medievarad, April 29, 2016, 03:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Yep. Our water supply is running low," she hummed in agreement as she got to her feet again. "Seeing figures in the distance. Dots on the horizon. "Look Zahra. A caravan," she murmured.

DragonSong

Zahra scrambled to her feet, peering in the direction Shria was looking. "Should we risk it?" she asked, looking to her sister. "They may have supplies to trade."

Medievarad

"Or they might want to capture us and sell us as slaves," Shria answered with a shrug. "Can go either way."

DragonSong

"How many?" Zahra asked, squinting at the caravan. "If we're not too badly out numbered, we could fight our way out if things go sour."

Medievarad

"Ten. Give or take." Shria smirked. "You can handle two of them, sis. I'll take the rest if need be," she let out a soft snort. "Either way. We need supplies. And if we go up and ask them, we might lose an element of surprise."

DragonSong

She sighed. "Must we always resort to violence?" Arching an eyebrow, she suggested, "What if I hang back with a couple arrows nocked and you just ask if they wanna trade? If something goes wrong, I can take a couple out before they even know what's happening, but if something goes right, then we haven't attacked innocent traders."

Medievarad

A soft huff came from Shria. "That actually would make their hostility more likely," she offered, glancing at Zahra. "Imagine, a lonely woman in the desert comes asking for a trade. There is no one around and you passed on the last whore in Essryn because she most likely had a disease. And there's ten of you." She arched an eyebrow.

"Then again. Straight out attacking them also garantuees hostilities."

DragonSong

Zahra folded her arms. "My point." She shrugged. "Aright, it's your call." She had always beeon the one to follow, going along with her sister's plans, even when they were children.

Medievarad

Shria smirked. "Come on, sis," she glanced over her shoulder. "Your call. You know you're the smartest here."

DragonSong

She bit her lip to hide a bit of a smile. "Together," she decided after a moment, bumping her sister's shoulder. "I'll just hang back a bit, you know... Just in case."

Medievarad

"Alright," she said as she raised her hands to rest in her neck. "I'll do the talking," she urged, strutting forward rather obviously. Trying to look as insuspicious as she could so she wouldn't be attacked on sight.

DragonSong

"No problem," Zahra murmured as she followed, keeping herself sort of tucked behind her twin as they made their way across the sand.

Medievarad

She raised her hand in hail as the two approached the caravan, or, what seemed to be a caravan. Shria cast a meaningful look over her shoulder at Zahra as she noticed any kind of pack horse or similair was missing. She glanced back at the men, they were wearing maces and hammers. Weaponry more likely to knock a target out than kill them.

Bad news.

"Top of the mornin'," she started, biting her lip underneath the cloth. This was really bad news.

DragonSong

Oh dear.

Zahra slowed her pace as they came closer to the caravan, noticing the same things her sister had. her fingers twitched toward her bow, but she offered a small smile and a polite nod.

Maybe these people were just overly cautious...

Medievarad

"And top o' tha mornin' to you," one of the men replied as he glanced down at the twins, reigning the horse to walk over to them. "What're two women doin' all alone here in the desert?" Several of his colleagues chuckled and laughed.

"Travelling," Shria deadpanned. "And in a need of water."

DragonSong

Zahra nodded an cautiously moved up beside Shria. "We can trade for it," she added quietly, keeping her eyes fixed on the sand.

Medievarad

"Aye, we can trade fer it indeed," the man beamed. "So, err.. Which one of you two are we trading?" He glanced at his men with a shit eating grin on his face. "I mean, the one hidin' 'er face could possibly be-Hrrk." The man slumped forward as a chained knife stuck from his chest, Shria's arm raised, the chain wrapped around it.

"Slavers, why is it always slavers," she murmured as she gripped the chain and pulled the man from his horse. The others starting to shout in anger and approaching them.

DragonSong

Zahra sighed and took a few steps back. "Ah, fuck," she muttered, slinging her bow from her back and nocking an arrow.

She shot one of the slavers between the eyes, but her second arrow went a little wide, burying itself in his shoulder. Non fatal. Damnit.

Medievarad

Shria wrenched the kunai from the slaver's chest, turning around and flinging a second blade at another slaver, wrenching it into his gut before immediatly pulling it back. "Zahra, run," she called out.

DragonSong

She didn't need to be told twice. Not bothering to retrieve her hours, Zahra spun on her heel and took off into the desert.

She paused at the top of a dune and turned back. "Shria!" she called to her sister, an edge of panic starting to creep into her voice. Come on, come on, we have to get out of here.

Tags: