Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Drops of Time

Started by Draconian, April 30, 2016, 07:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

@visualspice

Why was he so nervous?

Ciaran flexed his hands and looked down at the horse under him, almost there. He'd been on the road for two days, camped on the side in the grass, ass pressed against the old horse. Old horse was being kind even. Thing was about to croak. A rough large hand was pressed to the beasts neck and he gave a chuckle, finding the familiar bends and turns of the road comforting.

His eyes had fallen closed and the horse meandered the rest of the way there and it was a gasping cry of joy that had his eyes snap open and he stared ahead.

He was home.

Ciaran grinned and waved to the older woman and he nudged the horse along to where his father lived. The clang of metal on metal had his chest tighten and he was off the horse in seconds and standing in the door way, grinning like a fool. The reunion was sweet and the rest of the day melted away with joyful hugs, chatting and ale.

It was later on in the night, the sun was on the way down and he bumped against the pendant in his pocket.

Hay-Gee.

Ciaran's heart started to pound and he sucked in a breath, looking up wildly. He was tired - though when wasn't he tired? - and slowly he made his way to where she lived and he found a rock, threw it at her window and waited with his hands on his waist.

Yeah.

That'll get her attention.

Another rock followed shortly after and he made a long 'hey' noise. She would be home right? Sure, he was a little aled up but... He wanted to see her. Wanted to see what a lovely creature she'd turned into because damn if she hadn't been a cute kid.

"Pssst, Hay-Gee!" He whisper yelled.

visualspice

The day had been long and exhausting. The apples were becoming so fat and ripe it was hard for her and her cousin to keep up with all the picking before the fruit would drop, or animals would sneak in during the night to gobble them up. THen there were the worms, of course, those pesky things! Eating away at their harvest! But by the end of the down, despite being down right exhausted, Hay-gee was happy.

She was all smiles as usual and happily cooking away with her cousin into the long hours of the night. She had about ten pies to prepare and three she baked off last night. So the air outside her house now only smelled of the fresh dew of the night, but of freshly baked pies- a smell of which was stifled only by the soft flutter of curtains inside Hay-gee's home.

She had fallen asleep pretty fast, but her snoring had left her cousin to staying up later than she wanted and eventually she fell into a deep slumber herself. That was probably why both the girl's slept through the first pebble-

and even the second, as Hay-gee flipped over with a snore and moaned softly at the noise before snuggle her face back into her pillow and snoring enough Ciaran might have heard it two floors down on the lawn.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

The snore had Ciarans heart sink.

That was the snore of a man.

That was a mans man snore and he hesitated. He stilled missed her, snuggled up in a mans arms or not. So obviously the great idea to climb the building and slide into her room was a great one which is exactly after a few more snores he made his way up there with the appropriate grunts and groans.

Half inside her window, blinded by the dark, he whisper yelled again.

"Hay-Gee! Wake up!"

visualspice

Whatever that was, the voice, the name, the calling and the black shadow thing at her window had her tearing off the bed sheets in a fury. The patched up quilts pooled to the floor and the curly sprigs of Hay-gee's bed head clung to one side of her face while puffing out on the other, and as she scrambled to reach for the large piece of wood near the window to use as a bat-like weapon, her ankle got caught in the quilt and- she stumbled head first- straight into the strange shadowy man who had just half-climbed into her room!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Ciaran gave a grunt and his arms wrapped around the strange shadowy girl and he gave a grunt and... They fell out the window. Luckily, Ciaran was quick and he landed with her in his arms with a grunt, the moonlight shining.

He glared and stared down at her. Then gently set her down, confused.

"Can you go get Hay-gee for me?" The alcohol was on his breath and he held his hands on her waist, "tell her Ciarans home and he'll be waiting... uuuh... Behind the shed." A few nods and he let her go and took a few steps back.

visualspice

She hadn't the time to scream when she and the stranger fell out the window, but he felt warm and powerful and strong as he clung onto her, and took the brunt of the fall. Even still, she was winded, and too shocked, to really comprehend what was going on- what he was saying nor who he was.

She blinked, her face skewing as she jerked away from this strange man and tried to figure out just what he was going on about. But he smelled drunk, and her face wrinkled with greater displeasure.

But then she realized something in that moment, something that had her internally choking on her words as she croaked out the name, "Ciaran?" And her eyes lit up and her face bloomed into the biggest of smiles. She clutched the man by the wrist and looked at him, seeming not to notice, nor care, she fell asleep in nothing but an over sized shirt. But did it matter? Or did it matter this was some stranger who crawled in through her window?

She squeezed his wrist again.

"Are you saying Ciaran's home!? Right now!?" she gushed.

Draconian

"Uh... yeah." He frowned at her.

"Do i know you?" He squinted at her - at least she had nice legs - and tiltes his head. "I didnt know strangers would be excited to see me."

visualspice

Her eyes were still glittering, but then she paused a moment as it began to sink in. And she took a step back as she blinked and studied him.
"Ciaran?"
Could this strange, beefed up young man really be...
But as she noted the features on his face, she couldn't help herself as she threw herself at him, arms clinging to him unimaginably tight.
"OH ANSGAR'S NAME, CIARAN!" And she was crying. "Ciaran it's you! It really is you isn't it? I was so worried when you rarely wrote and how bad the people were saying the war was getting and oh- oh gosh.." she tried to wipe her tears away. "Ciaran..." She noticed his look. "It's me!" And she beamed. "Hay-gee!"

Draconian

A frown.

No way.

He curled his arms around her and mostly remained confused at how excited she was until she said she was Hay-Gee. Ciaran recoiled a little to look at her, eyebroes drawn up.

"No way." His hands moved to her face and cupped her cheeks, "you look..." unkempt. Not the same. A little weathered. "Different." He drew his thumbs under her eyes before he pulled them away. Hm. "You grew up," he placed his hands on her shoulders and shrugged.

"Do you want to go for a walk or go back to bed?"

visualspice

She immediately blushed, and wiped a few tears clumsily on her sleeve.
"Yeah..m Well you grew up too." And she gave his arm a playful shove. "What do you mean go back to bed?! I haven't seen you in years!"

Draconian

Ciaran picked her up in a full body hug, arms wrapped tight around her middle and he pressed his face into her neck before he gently set her back down. Still a little intoxicated he keot his hands on her waist and cuddled her close. She still sounded like Hay-Gee.

So there was that.

"Well, you have a husband dont you? I heard him snoring. Shouls go back to.him before i steal you away."

visualspice

"What? Husband?" she flushed. "N-no! That was..." she scratched awkwardly at her elbow. "That was just me. I... Oh!" her eyes went wide as she shook her head. "I never got married!" Why did he say that? What did he mean by it?!

Draconian

"You..." Ciaran looked at her, tilting his head, frowning

"Not married," he looked down at her slightly confused ," were you waiting for me?" He teased her, pinching her side gently.

visualspice

Hay-gee squeaked when he touched her and stumbled back, shoving his hands away defensively.
"Wh-what? What do you mean wait?" She was thankful for the shade of darkness the night provided, because her cheeks, though always red, were truly burning at such a statement.

Draconian

Ciaran threw back his head and laughed.

So jumpy.

A grin was on his face and he moved his hands to his pockets, the familiar metal bit poking his finger. Though, when he removed his hand, he didn't bring it back out. This wasn't the Hay-Gee remembered and he supposed, he wasn't the Ciaran she remembered.

Later.

Maybe after more drinks.

"Y'know. Wait? Waiting for me to come home? You spurned off other lovers because you were waiting for me?" He leaned in and waggled his eyebrows at her before catching her waist in his hands, had she always been so tiny though? Had he always been so big?  "It's okay," He leaned in, breath probably bad but he wanted to whisper into her ear.

One of the whores liked when he did that, so surely it was a turn on for women.

"Makes me feel good that you were waiting for me," Were his husky words, whispered into her ear.

visualspice

Hay-gee gasped at what he insinuated, words caught in her throat as she tried to figure out just what was happening. Men never made such advances on her and part of her had been relieved for it. Her much prettier cousin from the North suffered a lot of harassment due to her looks.... and well, also her inability to stay in a relationship.

But this? For having to deal with this with a drunken Ciaran of all people....
The breath against her made her shiver, even as she had to turn away from his rancid, beer laced breath.

She couldn't even formulate words to retaliate, she just wanted out of this awkward moment as she shook her head. Although his words weren't true, there was a truth to them. Had she been as pretty as her cousin and had men just falling all over the town for her, she knew- deep down she knew....
She'd wait.

When she was able to step back at a more appropriate length, she easily put up her guard and tried to nervously laugh off his proposal.
"You know you have strange ideas when you're drunk."
But even still... looking at her friend she couldn't help but confess,
"But I missed you. I missed you a lot."

Draconian

Ciaran stared at her for a moment, frowning ever so slightly.

She'd just spurred his advances!

Then again, he couldn't really fault her.

He scared the shit out of her and was trying to get her half naked behind a shed. A wrinkle of his nose and he nodded, "I do. All sorts of strange ideas, I do my best thinking when I'm drunk," He lied easily, grinning before rubbed the back of his neck and closing his eyes for a few moments.

"I missed you too, Gigi." He motioned to her window, "Sorry for scaring you, I sort of... I don't know. I was drinking with dad and I wanted to see you but it was late and the window looked like the best choice." He looked up at the sky and then licked his lips and took a few steps back, "You smell like apples," He blurted out.

No doubt he smelled like sweat, horses and booze.

Apples were a nice change.

"I haven't smelled apples since I left," he mused mostly to himself and he closed his eyes and took a deep breath before sighing pleasantly, "I missed home."

visualspice

Hay-gee stood there, blushing at his words and awkward. And suddenly she realized what she was wearing..
Her arms folded across her chest to keep her mostly modest. No doubt the chill left a little less to the imagination in her night shirt. Her bare feet shifted uncomfortably on the cold night grass.

"I'm glad you decided to come see me."
Even if he was drunk. She couldn't help it. And her smile grew.
"We used to see each other all the time... everyday."

Draconian

Ciaran silently cursed her realization that she was dressed inappropriately.

The least she could do was let him imagine stuff. But no, had to go fold her arms. He wrinkled his nose slightly and was tempted to grab her wrists and pull them away but... No. That would be bad. Inappropriate.

"I'm glad I came to see you, too." That way, when he saw her tomorrow in the light it would be easier to mask his shock at how different she looked. Ciaran stared at her, trying to study her features in the moonlight, she was still beautiful in the soft light and his fuzzy vision but she was so... Worked. Weather worn. He wanted to touch her face, caress her cheeks.

Brush her hair.

His own hand went to his ponytail and he flicked it over his shoulder and he nodded at her.

"We did. Just little kids." He put his hand on his thigh and he took a deep breath before putting it in his pocket, "I made you something while I was away, do you want it now or when I'm sober?"

visualspice

Hay-gee felt a flutter, a tingling in her heart.
"You made something for me?" and she stared at him in a daze, seeming to not here or being too stunned to answer his question.