Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~*~DarknessAndLight....TwoSidesOfTheSameBlade~*~

Started by Anonymous, January 13, 2006, 12:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The two walked into the village a smile on both faces. Lukas' big and clearly happy, Adri's more reserved and hard to see.

They were side by side eyes watching everything that happened around the. Adri stiffened slightly at the prensce of more people but Lukas squeezed her hand in reasurence. Both waited for Noira who seemed to have disappeared.

OOC: Srry so short I have just been really busy.

Anonymous

((Don't worry about it. I totally understand. ^^() ))

Noira wove through the crowd, slipping to Lukas's side, not wanting to come between the twins. She exhaled, slowly. She silently scolded herself for getting caught up in her memories again. Getting stuck in the past was a nasty habit that she had. And she was determined to break it. If not for her sake, then for theirs. It was hard for her to deny that she was not becoming increasingly fond of the children.

"I have never been here," she admitted. "I wanted to go to the tailor to get you fitted for some garments, but I am afraid that there is only one tailor that I trust with all my heart, but he is not present." A gentle smile appeared on her face for the first time. It was obvious she spoke of someone she cared about very much.  

"My elder brother is a tailor, you see," she said at last. "I am confident in his abilities, though he tends to be...eccentric," she said after a slight pause.  

It would save them time and money - not that Noira cared about either. Then again, regardless of how delicately Noira tried to put it in her mind, he was just not everyone's cup of tea. In fact, he was probably only suited for two people: his wife being one of them, and Noira being the other.

Everything else was in constant motion. Peddlers shouting out their wares, friends and lovers meeting, children screaming and laughing, all going about their daily lives. Only the three stood still in the crowd of streaming people.

Would summoning him be a good idea?

Anonymous

Adri and Lukas listened to her talk nodding slightly in understanding.

Adri looked away and stared at the shops that lined the streets. She was becoming increasingly bothered by all the people around her and pulled even more darkness around herself. Any people that saw the darkness walked a wide circle around the group....many just saw it as another shadow....or were to busy to notice.

Lukas sighed as he thought."Well we could find another Tailor but not one I would trust....like you said."

Adri snapped back to the conversation. "The last time we were here the person who got us our clothing was in his last year...and I did not like his son." She shruggedas she stepped closer to Lukas.

Lukas went back to studying the surrounding people and shook his head slowly."Way to orgainized." he uttered to himself.

Anonymous

Noira looked over at the increasing darkness around Adriana. She seemed to be distressed. To be honest, all of these people put her ill at ease as well. Though Adela Castle was the closest thing to the kingdom in which she was born, it certainly was no replacement. And she had never seen so many people in once place before today.

"Lukas, Adriana, hold on to me. I am going to teleport us over there," she said, nodding towards a shaded corner behind the shops. There was nobody there but  a maple tree, and those were nice enough (as far as trees go). Once they were hidden from view from the passing people, she would summon her brother.

"I shall ask the tree to cover you so that you may try on your new clothes."

Now that she said that, she was sure that it sounded perhaps a little strange to the twins. Asking trees to do favours was not something that most races did. In fact, she'd never heard of any race aside from her own that could actually see their true forms.

She held out an arm to either twin, waiting for them to latch onto her.

Anonymous

Lukas nodded adn stepped closer latching his arm with hers. Adri made no move to come any nearer to the woman. Lukas sighed, this was no time for Adri to be distant.

Lukas reached his hand out to his sister's grabbing it and pulling her closer to him. Her body crashed into his making Lukas take a step back.

He felt her shiver slightly and started with suprise. He looked closer at her adn noticed that her face had gone even paler.  Inside his mind he started to swear...he should have been paying more attention. Adri are you okay? he questioned unable to keep worry out of his mind voice.

I will be fine just a little tired. Don't tell Noira she really shouldn't worry...I will be fine.

He sighed then nodded even as he stared at Adri her skin became its normal color which wasn't much difference. He glanced over at Noira and nodded telling her to go right on ahead and transport them. Lukas was still worried about his sister and even though she said that she was fine he didn't trust her. Adri had lied to him before after all, so what Noira said slid pass him for a few moments but then he looked at her weird then shrugged. Whatever she said.

Anonymous

She teleported them to aforementioned place, and waited a few moments before summoning her brother. It was not good to use too much magic, even if it was something as simple as teleporting.

The air in front of her began to swirl, and she rolled her eyes. Here was his big entrance. Green wisps of wind formed to make an elaborate doorway, out of which her brother stepped. His deep green hair was shoulder-length and his golden eyes gleamed.
   "Hello, dearest sister!" he crowed. "To what do I owe this surprise?"

Noira was actually quite shocked. Instead of being the overly energetic and self-centered person that he usually appeared to be, he was calmer. His boisterous personality was severely toned down right now.
  "Viren, could you possibly lower your voice? All we require are clothes for the children..." her voice trailed off when she heard the tree beside them moaning.

There is something wrong with the tree, her brother whispered in her mind.
I am aware of that, Viren. She had not meant to sound cold, but was sure that she did. She sent a wave of sympathy to the maple, and asked it what was wrong.

I suddenly felt very weak, it - or rather, he - told her. In nature, the things most attuned to the feelings of other creatures were trees and flowers. Though trees had a bad reputation of being haughty (because a lot were), there were those that were gentle.

"Are you both all right?" Noira suddenly asked the twins. She wondered what would come of such an abrupt inquiry.

Anonymous

Lukas was slightly suprised at how easy he took the teleport he thought he would have fainted. Adri was the one more happy with moving from one place to another so quickly. He couldn't help but grin when the man appeared he thought that the guy, Viren, was overdoing it just a bit. It was after this thought that he felt dead weight on his side where Adri had latched onto him...

Adri... He glanced over at his sister. Her face seemed to have gone even more paler...if that was possible. He looked at her concerned.
Adri...are you okay?

Her eyes fluttered a bit and she pulled away from him not saying anything. Lukas stepped forward even as his mind searched for what had Adri so tense. That was when he was shut out of her mind for the second time that day...and even around her body he met a slight resient.

She put up a ward... he thought to himself amazed, after not using their powers for quite a while she was gaining them back quickly although not quick enough it seemed. But why is she.....it couldn't be! He looked at her more closely and his eyes widen. She was sick....again..she had put the ward up to protect the others and himself.

He turned to Noira and sighed. "Ummm yes and no." he told her."I'm fine and so will Adri be in a few moments. She is just a little quesy from the teleport."He was glad thatAdri had put the ward up it made it easier to lie to Noira when the woman nor anyone else could feel Adri. He just hoped that Noira didn't see through his lie and asked more questions....he didn't think Adri would like him spilling out thier lifestory to the woman....it wasn't that time yet. So he just glanced at the man and shrugged then held out his hand. "I am Lukas by the way." he said quietly.

He heard a noise by his side and smiled slightly as Adri came up besides him. She patted him on the arm lightly adn turned to Noira. "Sorry I don't take to teleports so well." she said quietly. Her eys turned to the man looking him from head to toe after a moment she nodded slightly and said nothing more.

Anonymous

Noira's brow furrowed in concern, but she did not pry further.
  "My apologies. I should have inquired before I made action," she said. Viren couldn't help but snicker at his sister. "I fail to see what is so amusing," she said, eyeing her brother.
  "Ave, you're always so uptight and formal. Relax!" he laughed.

He turned to the boy, shaking his hand vigorously.
"Viren Amyne Urus Selentine! Pleasure to meet you, Lukas! And who is the lovely young lady?"

Now that Noira thought about it, Adriana and Lukas were remarkably like her nieces. Viren's daughters Alayia ("Aya") and Isel were very different. Alayia was rather like Adriana, and Isel more like Lukas.

"That is Adriana," Noira answered. "I have adopted these two." Viren gave his younger sister a look of surprise. As gentle as she was, Noira did not get attached to anything easily since the day she had lost the two men she loved most - father and fiancé.

"Ah, so that's how it is. Well, let's get to work, shall we? Do either of you have a fabric preference?" he asked, whipping a table out of nowhere. "All things are tailored to fit only the one who is to wear them. They are meant to reflect inner heart of those who wear them! Not to sound conceited, I am the very best when it comes to the cloth and needle. "

And you wonder why most people think you to be attracted to men, Noira told him playfully. Viren pouted.
  "I can only create beautiful art when all present have complete faith in me! Ave*, are you saying that your confidence wavers? And after I came all this way to answer your call! I'm infuriated!"  

Noira sighed, covering her face with a hand.

Though he did make things considerably livelier, perhaps it really wasn't a good idea to call Viren.
I promise you that he is only like this when one mentions garments... Noira told the twins in their minds, hoping they (and not Viren) would hear.

*Ave=sister in their language

((If you read Fruits Basket, Viren is surprisingly like Ayame, though I created him before I discovered Furuba ^^() ))

Anonymous

Lukas grinned at Adri glad that both took the lie. Adri nodded slightly and then went back to staring at Viren. Lovely? she asked in her mind.

Lukas grinned again glad to have the channel ways opened up again between them. Yes....you know stay away or I will kill you kind of lovely

Adri didn't answer instead she gave him the equivlent of a slap mentally. Lukas winced although weather it was from Viren shaking his hand or the slap he really couldn't tell.

Lukas shrugged slightly."It doesn't matter what it is made out of as long as it fits me and I can move in it." he said leaning against the table that appeared.

Adri raised an eyebrow slightly at her brother who just shrugged. She shook her head and then shrugged back her eyes refocused on Viren.

Lukas saw what was coming and fought to hide his grin even as he got Noira's mental message, although it escaped Adri because her wards were still up. Don't worry Adri will make things even better. Watch and see how my sister reacts to life.

"I don't mind either just please in black or dark blue...red if you must add color." For a moment she sounded civil but Lukas knew it wouldn't last. Her eyes narrowed and harden and she took a step forward."And nothing that even remembles a dress." Her voice got a slight edge to it....the Orhange directors had tried to make her wear a dress the first day they were there and even though Adri had still been sick she had knocked half of them flat although Lukas being there cheering her on hadn't help the men much. After that they had given up.

Lukas stood there watching his sister and nearly choking from laughter...trust his sister to make her point with a threat....and she did it in some of the nicest tones in the world.

OOC: Oh my goddess....he is so funny....I hope you don't mind Adri's bitter aditude....lol...she doesn't really like cheerful people...scare her.......anyways I haven't read Fruit basket although I plan to in the near future....which means withing the next Decade>_<[/i]

Anonymous

"Whatever your heart desires, I can make into reality!" His hands began to move, and if one had eyes for magic, they could see silver-green threads coming from his fingers as he made Lukas his outfit. He proudly showcased the white tunic.

"The fabric is breathable, and you'll never be too hot or cold in it!" he chirped, setting onto the bottom half of the outfit. Though he technically didn't use a needle (he used his fingers), one could see that each and every stitch was precise. The tunic was edged in fine golden brocade around the neck, sleeves, and bottom edges.

"Viren, please try not to get carried away..." Noira said, but to no avail. He was completely absorbed in his work now.
  "Here are your pants. They will bend and move with you like a lover....ly breeze!" Viren said, instantly correcting himself upon seeing his sister's less-than-pleased expression. The pants seemed to be made of deerskin, but where more stretchable, as the green-haired man so poetically put it.

"Go ahead and try on ecstacy!" Viren said, laughing completely out of context, and handing the boy his new clothes. Noira sighed. Quiet was impossible for him.
  "The tree will cover you," she assured him. And even as she said that, the tree lowered its branches...

OOC: Isn't he? I love him to pieces. I actually never thought about Aya and Isel in connection with Lukas and Adriana until that post! Kinda weird, huh? Furuba is a great series. I'm on volume 10, but I've seen all the anime. Hurrah for anime! :D

Anonymous

Lukas grinned at Viren as he talked non-stop. He nodded his head slightly as he told him about the tunic and cleverly hid his smile as the man corrected himself.

When the man handed over the clothes Lukas nodded and turned to hide under the branches within seconds he was back out dressed in his new clothes. He grinned at Adri and Noira."Well what do you think?"

Adri stared at him for a second then smirked. "You look like a noble." she muttered.

Lukas walked over slinging his arm around her shoulders."Yes well it is better then scaring people with my old clothes." Adri just snorted and turned to Viren waiting for her own clothes.

Lukas shrugged then grinned at Viren."You did a well job I like them."

OOC: I LOVE ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL....Sorry it is like 11:30 p.m here adn I just got done watching FMA.........LOL..........

Anonymous

"But of course he looks like a noble! The Selentine family is notorious for dressing impeccably! In our homeland, we were very close to the princess, you know. Where we are from, the princess holds all power," he rambled. He knew that Noira was beginning to get annoyed. He just really couldn't help himself.

He busied himself making Adriana's clothing, next, obviously pleased with his previous handiwork. He produced a shimmering deep blue cloak for Adriana. The edges were trimmed in black and red embroidery that revealed flowers.

Flowers, Brother? Noira asked him silently.
If they do not suit her, they will change once she dons the cloak. He made her an outfit similar to her brother's, except that her tunic and pants were black.
"You never get hot in all of these dark colors?" Viren asked. "While I'm at it, I may as well make a gown for my dearest sister. You are already wearing combat-ready clothes, I see. I am very aware of how much you love gowns. I shall make a crimson one for you, since it is your favorite color, and possibly-"

"Viren, make the gown," Noira said, more icily than she had meant. Leave it to her brother to highlight all of her shortcomings in front of them. Still, the clothes he was turning out thus far were as expected: amazing.

She sighed, and waited for Adriana to try them.
=====================================================================
 OOC: Lust is my fav. character! I don't really like the series, though. I only watch it when I'm bored. I like Ghost in the Shell sometimes (when it's not boring), and I really like Evangelion. I still prefer my anime subbed. XD (It's about 1:33 A.M. here)

Oh, and everything Viren makes changes according to personality. So if something doesn't quite fit Adri, have her get all surprised or something when it changes to something she likes.

Anonymous

Adri glared at the man and said something very low. Lukas grinned when he heard it and tried not to choke. He wrapped his arm around her neck again."My dear sister from now on we are nobles....we were adopted remember."

Adri glared at her brother adn turned away taking the clothes. Ibstead of hiding under the tree she instead covered herself it total darkness. Lukas stared at the spot for several seconds before starting in suprise. "Darn." he muttered then shrugged.

Adri changed into the clothes and then stared at them for a moment. Inside the darkness she could see perfectly, even if others could not. She glared at the border with the flowers....the man had gone to far this time. She was about to go yell at him when the border began to change.

It slowly formed itself to just a bunch of lines that criss crossed and spirled around themselves. Even if one stood there all day you could not see any pattern to it. Adri's eyes widened in amazement. She lifted the cloak up to look at it better and shook her head. She had to admit that the man had abilities....he was really good....still she would never admit that.

Lukas grinned as the darkness fell away and he saw his sister's new clothes. He looked her over and then noted the border. Hadn't it been flowers before? He shook his head and looked at Viren...apparently there was more to the hyper mage then it appeared.

Adri sighed as her brother watched her then smiled slightly and nodded to Viren. "Well done." she said quietly.

Lukas' grin grew even wider and he came to his sister's side."Was that a bit of kindness I heard sister? I can't believe it." He joking got him another mental slap this made him step back a few feet and rub his head. "Spoke to soon." he muttered.

Anonymous

Viren grinned from ear to ear.
  "Splendid! Thank you very much for your business," he said, again laughing out of context. His fingers wove crimson thread out of the air, and they formed into a gown. The sleeves, as was Noira's preference, were long enough to touch her knee.

Perhaps her taste in clothing was because she regretted what she had done. It was true, she did miss her homeland. However, now was just not the time to reveal such personal and painful things. The time would come, yes, but it was still too soon.

Viren's fingers moved more slowly and lovingly. When he was at last done, the gown shimmered in the light. It was so dark most would probably mistake it for black. Silver and green edged the V-neckline, swirling in designs that seemed to echo Celtic embroidery. She ran her hands along the silk, her eyes betraying the love and admiration.

She was breathless. It was exquisite. Crimson roses literally bloomed on the silver border.
  "It really was not necessary to use silk, Brother. You could have dyed cotton..." she murmured. Her old clothes appeared in a neatly folded pile on the table, replaced by the dress in an instant. "Oh, Viren. It's beautiful."

"Of course it is! I only make beautiful things, you know!" This time, his tone was much softer, and more gentle. "If that's all, I'll go." He shook Lukas's hand again, made a flourishing bow before Adriana, and stood before his younger sister for a few moments.

May all the lucky flowers bloom in your new garden, he telepathically told her, taking her hands in his. She knew that he was talking about the children. She smiled and nodded, much to Viren's surprise. They seem to already have had an effect on you, he mused to himself.

"Fare thee well, my good customers!" Another flourishing bow. And he disappeared in curls and spirals of green thread-magic. Noira sighed. Fancy entrance, fancy exit. Viren never changed.

Anonymous

Lukas grinned at the man as he finished Noira's gown it was a piece of work...amazing  beyond anything he could have imagine adn it fit Noira well. He glanced over at his sister still concerned about her being sick.

Almost as if she knew what was coming she gave a mental sigh.I am fine Luk, stop worrying and shake the man's hand.

Lukas started in suprised and did what he was told shaking Viren's hand."Thank you." he said again.

At Viren's bow to her Adri let a little smile pass through her guards then just shook her head as he left in a flair of magic. Nobles... she muttered in her mind.

Lukas grinned at her then turned to Noira."You look very nice." he commented.
Adri nodded in agreement but her eyes had gone distant as if she was listening to something else.

Lukas raised a questioning eyebrow at her, Adri snapped back and shook her head slightly.

Anonymous

Her expression softened, as if she were recalling some fond memory, long since past.
  "Thank you. My bloom is on it," she said quietly, tracing the delicate threaded flowers. She shook off her reverie as if it was dust clinging to her clothes.

"Forgive me, I should have inquired about your tastes before I made you wear such fine things," she apologized. For the first time that day, her features seemed to become worn. She still looked as if she was in her mid-twenties (in human years), just...a very tired mid-twenties. She hid it to the best of her waning ability and smiled serenely.

"What do you wish to do now?" she asked them. All tiredness seemed to fall away when she spoke. Getting fitted for clothes was not something people did for recreation. She had promised them free reign after the clothes, and now it was time for them to do as they pleased.

They merely needed to say the word, and Noira would gladly follow.

Anonymous

Adri riased an eyebrow but said nothing in response to the woman's apology...she still wasn't sure she agree with the woman but she couldn't help start liking the woman.

Lukas grinned."It is no problem.....I like the clothes." He watched her as she seemed to get more tired and worry creased his brow. Was the woman sick also?

At her next questioned he shrugged."If it doesn't matter could we go home? I am very tired after today." He said all this calmly but as he did is eyes traveled over to Adri who had fallen silent again her eyes going distant again. He knew she couldn't take much more stress and should rest even if she would never admit that she should.

Adri glanced up almost as if she knew what he was thinking and glared at him. He shrugged and turned to look at Noira again sending her a quiet mental message at the same time. Even though she does not admit it Adri is sick and not feeling well. I can't say much of why but it would be better off if she rested.

Anonymous

Noira nodded, slightly relieved. Even she had to admit that they had done quite a bit in one day. Home. The word didn't mean Adela Castle for the woman, despite the fact that that was where she lived now.

Home meant the land of her birth. Home meant a place to which she was never allowed to return.
Quote from: "~AngelOfTheFallenDead~"Even though she does not admit it Adri is sick and not feeling well. I can't say much of why but it would be better off if she rested.

Noira was not fussy, but she did tend to get concerned. Still, she decided it would be better not to say anything. If one was tired, they should rest. Her view was as simple as that. Unfortunately, not all of those she surrounded herself with quite agreed. It would not be good for them to teleport again, and walking would only further tire them.

She turned to the tree, and put her hand on its bark. We are very tired. Could you call to your kin and request three horses? Even one will do, she mind-whispered. Noira was very aware of the market-going humans that stopped and raised an eyebrow at her. She was used to it by now.

The maple, who was much taller than Noira, bent down and smiled at her. I will see what I can do, he replied. Then, a great gust of wind sent many of his leaves spiraling heavenward, and away from La'marri. The other trees heard the secret message, and whispered, passing it to their neighbors.

This could take a while. Perhaps now was a good time to at least clarify some questions.
  "My people, the Intajiasen, can speak to all things in nature. We are part of nature ourselves, you see. Each of us is born under a certain flower." She traced her fingers across the roses on her neckline.

Inside her mind, he could almost hear Viren laughing. I'm the best! It's okay to admit that I'm amazing!
"Viren's bloom is not so difficult to guess," she said with a smirk.

Anonymous

Lukas heard the trees whisper but said nothing of it knowing Noira would explain in her own time. Instead he sat down waiting for what he presumed was there ride to her home. As he thought about it maybe home hadn’t been the right word to use. Home was where you grew up and had a life… he couldn’t be sure that Adela Castle was her real home…after all he knew nothing about the woman except that she was kind.

Adri slowly sat down besides her brother although she was once again more in the shade. She watched Noira with uncertain eyes and for a moment almost commented on the woman’s behavior but then stopped her self… after all she had done things many times weirder. Her eyes followed the woman as she explained what she was and nodded in understanding.

Lukas smiled as Noira explained her species and sat forward wanting to hear more. Then a sudden thought occurred to him Noira was trusting them with her life why couldn’t they do the same. He looked over at Adri with a questioning look.

Adri looked at her brother then at Noira then back and sighed. Slowly she nodded her head in agreement, he could tell Noira what he wished but she would stop him if he went too far.

Lukas grinned at his sister then turned back to Noira. “That is amazing.â€? He paused. “We are human…in a way. We were given the job keepers and many believe that that makes you less human. I am not positive because I mean what truly is human.â€? He glanced at Adri making sure he hadn’t gone over her invisible line between a good amount of information and to much information. She said nothing so he continued. “We are Keepers of Light and Dark….I think it is clear which is light and which is dark.â€? He once again glanced back at his sister with a grin. He turned back and shrugged and was about to begin when Adri’s voice cut in.

â€œKeepers of Light and Dark are rare where we came from. So rare that many believe that they are bad luck to the village that they are born into. Usually only one Keeper comes per family but when we were born each of us held the mark of a keeper and not only that the mark of opposites, a double curse in the Elders eyesâ€? She fell silent again not wishing to talk anymore then she had.

Anonymous

Noira was surprised when the children decided to open up to her.
  "Sometimes, what those around you think is not always right," she told them gently. "What they saw as a curse, I see as a blessing." Here she smiled very fondly down at the two, who were now sitting. By keeping everything to herself before, Noira had been a closed bud. Now, encouraged by Lukas and Adriana, she opened her petals a little further.

"I, too, was seen as a curse until my sister Khja was born," she admitted. "Most of my people only have one dominant element - usually Earth or Wind. However, I have two very different elements: Earth and Darkness. As a child, I was skilled in healing. At your age, my other element threatened to consume me. I nearly lost myself and those close to me."

Your mounts are now following the voices of my kin to find you, the maple whispered, touching Noira's shoulder.
Thank you for your kindness my lord, she told him. Obviously flustered by being thanked for the first time, he stood up straighter and Noira giggled.

This laugh was genuine. It did not echo distant sorrow, as everything else about Noira's nature did. Instead, it seemed to be light and musical. Even...happy.