Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crashing waves! [Egoistic!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, August 08, 2016, 11:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

M to be safe.
@egoistic
--------------------

Lisbeth whistled softly under her breath. It was a beautiful day for sailing. No other forces on the horizon, no national navy on her tail. A strong wind and the baking sun.

The captain smiled softly as she walked over the deck of her ship, all of her men busy with at least some sort of task. She adjusted the large captain's hat to enjoy a cool shade on her face, before walking up to her second in command, putting her hand on the rudder. "How's it goin", Edelard?" She asked, glancing up at the early noon sky.

"Strong headwinds, captain! We'll be at the conclave in no time!" Was what the man answered. "The morale's also pre'y good after we managed to beat down some Serenians!"

Lisbeth smiled softly. "Good," she answered, walking to the rail of the helm, overlooking the deck, she folded her arms behind her back and watched her men working.

egoistic

It was exactly the baking sun that had bothered a single entity upon a seeming platform of ice. Certainly, the Hivan Ocean had been cooler than some other waters, yet it was still a sea, or to be more specific, it was within far warmer lands than this existence found pleasant. Nonetheless, a mixture of warm air from above and air, chilled down by the colder sea waters caused a rather pleasant breeze, one that was just chilly enough for her to enjoy.

Sitting upon a tiny elevation on the ice, she was comfortably settled upon a smooth glacier, perhaps almost too smooth for it to seem normal. She was, of course, no sailor and the trip upon this surface of water was a pure whim. A whim that she had now started to dislike. A bit. She knew neither where she was, nor how far she was from a land.

Nonetheless, the slender figure, nestled upon a chunk of ice, was a bit out of place. Given her lack of any form of appearance befitting a seafarer and lack of proper transportation made it seem that she was more stranded there than anything.

Which wasn't exactly far from truth, if Daivia had to admit. Oh but she was bored too! Sigh.

But then, she took a notice of it. A rather large vessel in the distance. It seemed to stand out a bit, somewhat different to most of trade vessels she had seen before. A warship of some sort, perhaps?

Not that it mattered. What mattered is that there were people there. And that was actually new. Given the fact that Daivia had been a stranded figure upon a glacier, it was probably only a matter of time until she was noticed. The only question is if anyone would approach a stranded woman in a seeming unfortunate predicament.

Medievarad

"What the fuck?" Was the first thing Lisbeth murmured as she noticed the glint in the distance. "Oculars," she stated, Edelard rushed forward to give her what she requested.

Lisbeth extended the small viewing aparatus and held it up infront of her eye, her red eyebrow arching. "Eredal. I'm pretty sure no one, including me touched the rum," she started, holding out the oculars. "But I'm pretty sure that's an iceberg. I'm also pretty fucking sure someone's ontop of that."

Her right hand man took the apparatus and looked through it, before he muttered the exact same words his captain did. "What do we do, Cap'n?" The pirate inquired. Lisbeth snorted softly. "Full speed ahead, if she ain't anything special, we're sellin' her to the nearest slaver vessel." Was what she responded. "Aye aye, cap'n," Eredal agreed, altering the course slightly.

And soon, the vessel sailed past the iceberg and actuall stopped, dropping anchor. Lisbeth walked to the side of the deck and propped her foot up on the railing, leaning forward to look down at the odd character. "Oi!" She called out. "The fuck are you?"

egoistic

Well. Not like she could hear the discussion on the ship, but she was pretty sure if she was noticed, she would very likely cause some interesting reactions. And could she hear, she would probably meet it with a lengthy chuckle.

No matter. The real question was. Could they actually see her? And the answer she would soon know.

So for now she waited... and waited... and waited... and then the ship sailed towards her. Brilliant. That was in-fact what she had wanted. If nothing else, they could be an interesting distraction.

And soon the ship reached her. Not only that. They did not simply question her as they sailed by, they even stopped! That was amusing in its own way. And soon, Daivia's ears picked a shout meant for her. Sounded feminine, but fairly brash. Well, there are all kinds of people, after all.

Standing up from the makeshift seat on top of the glacier, she would look up, at the source of the voice, covering just above her eyes with a palm, to avoid being blinded by the bright sun, she'd call back out, her voice soft, yet seemingly anxious. "I'm... trapped here, who are you? Will you help me?"

Medievarad

"Captain Andorr," Lisbeth called back. "But you ain't answered my question," she snorted softly. "Who the fuck are you?" She smirked. "And how fer fuck's sake did you get an iceberg here? These waters aren't nearly cold enough."

She gestured for some of the deckhands to approach, "if I din't know better, I'd call yer sorry ass out a siren," she stepped back from the railing.

And suddenly, a large net was thrown down, aiming to capture the pale lady.

egoistic

Daivia smiled as her question was answered. Seemingly, she had very little idea that she was actually faced with pirates, though if she had to admit, she did not care all that much. People were people and it was better than drifting alone.

"I'm Daivia, I got trapped here, stranded in a land further away..." she started a somewhat unlikely story, which did have some truth to it. But soon her smile would vanish as the brightness of the sun slightly lessened.

And the next moment something rather heavy fell on her, causing her form to slightly hunch over, her knees bending. "Ack!" she'd yelp as the net trapped her. Such a truly unpleasant predicament.

Medievarad

"Ai'ght. Bull's eye, bring 'er up," Lisbeth called with a grin, amber eyes sparking. And soon, Daivia would be hoisted on the deck and placed down, watched by shady eyes and toothy grins. "You lot got a deck to scrub!" Was what the captain, and soon, the men drew away from the woman they'd just caught.

Lisbeth approached the net and kneeled down. "Alright dear. I still call bullshit on your story. That chunk of ice. HOW?!"

egoistic

It was unpleasant, though, she had to admit that it was a very effective way of getting into a ship in middle of a sea. Nonetheless, she would have preferred if she had been liberated, but for the time being, this seemed interesting, so why would she not play along?

Notably, now that she was face to face, even if slightly obstructed by a net, she would indeed be a weird thing to see. At least uncommon for that matter.

"Oh. Thank you!" Daivia spoke,, seemingly tad enthusiastic at this point. If she had to admit herself, she was unsure how she should act, she could perhaps utter some kind of story, but the woman ahead of her did seem like one who wouldn't take blatant lies. The crew of the ship seemed rather shady as well. Probably not a crew of sailors of some country's navy.

"As I was saying." she continued a story she had started just before being trapped in a net. "I did get here from somewhere further away, the northern lands, but I didn't get stranded on the ice by chance, I chose to be. I am not much of a sailor, you see."

Medievarad

Lisbeth took a deep breath, rolling her eyes. "Alright, 'n how do you explain a chunk of ice here?" She inquired, letting out an annoyed breath through her nostrils. "And I don't like it when people bullshit me, y'know. I can easily throw you back. With net and everything."

egoistic

Meanwhile, Daivia could only sigh. Was this a threat? It sounded like one. "Well, it clearly floated from all the way there." the woman explained it as though it was the most obvious thing ever. To her, it was. As it was exactly what happened, not that she could judge a stranger for not taking her word for it, though.

Regardless, she found the situation a bit... amusing. A smile was soon curled upon her thin, slightly blackened lips, as she spoke. "If I answer your questions, do I get out of the net?"

Medievarad

Another soft sigh came from Lisbeth. "Alright, that clearly ain't true. Else there'd be other fucking icebergs here." she answered. "And I don't see ANY FUCKING ICEBERGS HERE!" At that, Lisbeth pushed herself to her feet and grabbed the net, dragging it to the side of the ship.

egoistic

Well. Apparently this one was skeptical. Yet again, it wasn't as though Daivia could blame her. At the same time, it did look as though she would soon be dumped back upon the lone glacier and she couldn't say she looked forward to floating about alone again.

"Alright. Calm down. What can I do to make you believe me?" at the same time, as though considering the options, the woman would try to slip a hand, or at least a few fingers through the net, depending on how thin the gaps actually were, as if asking for the pirate woman to touch it.

Medievarad

"Tell the feckin' truth," Lisbeth hissed in response. And it wouldn't be the glacier, no, the boat already had set sail. Lisbeth was just planning on dumping her overboard and drowning.  She glanced down at the hand and snorted, making sure not to touch it.

egoistic

Clicking her tongue in her own display of annoyance, Daivia would now appear to be quite reasonably agitated. She was telling the truth, after all. "I am telling you the truth. What could be the other reason for a glacier to be in middle of a sea? I sat on one, it floated all the way here."

Pausing just for a while she'd observe the woman. She did guess the story sounded quite unbelievable, but that's how it was. "Listen. I wouldn't believe it either, but that's how it is. Do you think that a glacier just appearing out of nowhere is a more reasonable answer?" she did sound quite ticked off herself, but there was a certain... coldness to the way she spoke, rather than loud, grimaced anger.

Medievarad

The captain snorted. "Tsk," she replied with, before dragging her back away from the ship. "Ai'ght. Now, what'd you reckon's gonna happen to ya?" She inquired as she ducked infront of the net, eye to eye with Daivia. "I'll tell ya. We dock somewhere nice, 'n I sell ya to the nearest slaver," she snorted. "That's how this is gonna go."

egoistic

Being dragged back off the corner of ship brought some relief to Daivia's heart, almost as if her words were finally taken seriously. But then a whole new kind of topic was brought up.

She'd. Do. What?!

That was just so utterly dull. And then it just dawned upon Daivia. What was it that this kind of people were called? "Marauders? Raiders? Slavers?" she'd just kind of wonder out loud before sighing, any hint of smile was just gone as she frowned. "Can I at least be let out of the net? It's not like I can run away anywhere anyway."

Medievarad

"Hm," Lisbeth tutted her lips, as if considering it, before shaking her head. "Nah. Else I'd have to arrange someone to guide you and such. Too much a hassle," she smirked however and stepped back, gesturing for someone. And soon, a deckhand came to open the net. "Though I wan' get a look at you to see what kind of price you'd fetch."

egoistic

Somehow, the initial reaction of the woman in front of her gave Daivia a tiny hope. At least her trip wouldn't be particularly dull... and then. It was all a major disappointment yet again. She wanted to like this woman, she really did. After all, this sailor woman seemed fairly interesting, unfortunately, she would just happen to be rather unbearable.

"You are really unbearable, aren't you." she'd in-fact comment, yet seeing the possibility of at least temporarily being free of shackles pleased her and so she simply played along. "Should I step out from the net for the moment, then?"

Medievarad

"I'm only unbearable to disrespectful shits like you," Lisbeth replied with a soft, threatening hiss. "And aye, unless you want me to drag ya out by yer hairs," she snickered.

And as soon as Daivia stepped out of the net, Lisbeth started to study her, glancing up and down Daivia's form. "Alright lass, give me one good reason not to sell ya."

egoistic

Did she not try to be somewhat respectful? Well. Then again, Daivia was probably never taken serious in this situation, at least not her answers. Nonetheless, she obliged, stepping out of the net she'd go as far as to strike a few poses just for her own amusement. She was being, well, bluntly put, checked out anyway.

"Could I also have some water, please." she'd accentuate the 'please' in particular. "I'll give you all the reasons you want afterwards."

Tags: