Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Miracles Inbound

Started by Salzem, September 28, 2016, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Her questions were only answered by her worst fears. The brother that she was talking to only moments ago had changed before her very eyes, or at least she was just now noticing it. Her body was frozen as he spoke, his words like daggers to her fragile heart. She wanted to argue with him and his points, to get him to understand from her perspective, but she knew it would just be futile. She was trying so hard to understand him until he called her stupid and blind. Those words alone sent her back to where it all began. Back to that girl that didn't care who she hurt or the effect her actions had.

"I always knew you all thought I was 'stupid and blind'." her demeanor had completely changed by now. She was cold, cynical and her words dripped with the shame she was now directing towards Aeizith. "You say that you have always loved me..." she paused without her demeanor faltering. "But now I know it was all just an act. You have all always resented me for standing by sisters side. All of you have seen me as nothing more than a pest. Please excuse my actions previously, I was a fool to cry and speak to you the way I did. I should have never thought that you could be as understanding as sister."

It was at this moment that a cloned image of Kaida appeared. Without words it took off into the woods at a sprint before re-appearing above the treeline in dragon form. "Sister will be very disappointed to learn of the actions that have transpired today. I will surely have my clone tell her about Amira as well." crossing her arms she sighed "Although she will most likely not care about your futile attempt at love I am sure she would like to know nonetheless."

He did this to her, he hardened her heart further. She had said it before, that she would never let someone hurt Emelia if she could help it. She warned him, she pleaded with him... and now he must pay the price. Today would end one of two ways, she would either beat the sense into him, or he would get to live with the price of killing his sister. She was ready to die if need be, ready to defend her sister once more. If Amira did decide to step in so be it, she would not give up. Either way if the angel killed her instead of Aeizith it would still be his fault and his doing.

"So brother... lets... play... a... game...." her voice was soft yet sharp, quiet yet loud. Every syllable doused with a ringing effect, and it was directed at her brother. Even now he would most likely be able to feel the ringing in his ears... and she had barely even started.

Salzem

"An act...." Aeizith repeated, wiping away the tears running down his face with his sleeve. "You think I hate you.... because of Emilia...?" He couldn't believe it... All he wanted was for her to understand... to tell her the truth and let her know everything that was going on inside but she had taken it completely the wrong way. She believed that he had always held a resentment against her, that every little ounce of love he had showed her was all a big fake... and that made him angry. How dare she think that about him? HIM who's shown nothing but kindness to her and to have it all be cast back in his face all those centuries. He had been patient, there for her, even while she grinded him under her heel and turned her nose up at his efforts. Then, when he finally got to feel her love for the very first time, to hold her in his arms and care for her like he had always wanted to do, she snatched it all away in a fit of misunderstanding, not unlike that between him and Emilia. Instantly, the ground froze around them and as his fists clenched tightly, a nebula of white mist curled around his knuckles vengefully.

"How.... DARE you...." Aeizith hissed, a ploom of biting frost expelling from his lips as he stared down his younger sister. "After everything we've been through together... after I held you in my arms and listened... After you saved me from the Emilia... HOW DARE YOU THINK THAT!?" He couldn't have cared less about her little clone. Emilia's knowing of he and Amira all seemed completely pointless now. Kaida could have sent her clone to tell Emilia Aeizith had become a unicorn for all he cared. Right now, at this moment, the real Kaida was the only thing he could focus on. Despite his freezing the ground, he made no move to attack. instead, he stood there in his spot, breathing heavily as he recovered from his yell. "Emilia is using you, sister." He snarled, sounding far more sinister and edged than he ever thought himself capable. "If you think my love is just an act... LOOK AT HER. She cast me out! Left me out here to die! Familial bonds, you say? She cut them like twine." Kaida would clearly be able to read the pain and sorrow in his eyes, even through whatever haze clouded her thoughts. "I won't hurt you... I can't... You're my baby sister..." His fists unclenched as he raised them, holding them together just in front of him, palms turned upwards as if begging. Ice and snow began to swirl within his palms, very quickly taking the shape of the little girl in front of him, though instead of the cold, angry expression on her face, the sculpture of her was smiling, grinning, appearing to enjoy herself in whatever world she was a part of. The little Ice dragon looked down at the sculpture and smiled mournfully... what could have been if he had lied... The features of the icy replica resembled the original in every way, right down to the creases on her face and the lines in her hair.

"I've never lied to you, my sweet sister..." Aeizith murmured, the statue fading and reverting back to a pile of soft snow before blowing away in the wind. "I love you and I'll die before I hurt you like Emilia did... Have your fun... Tell Elder sister what you want... I'm all yours..."

Blink

Her actions were quickly disrupted by his response. Instead of Kaida being the most angry it seemed as if he had just taken that. Something she said, about him pretending to care only a few moments ago. Her thoughts quickly organized themselves. If he were pretending he would never have responded like this to her accusations. As quickly as she had began preparing an attack she stopped, even the clone that was now miles away burst into ash as she put a stop to her actions.

What really got her was the image of her in the snow he created. If only she could ever look like that, so carefree and happy. Although her mind was already over the anger she had built her face would not show it. Why? Why did these minuscule feelings have to cloud her judgment? Just moments ago she was so angry with him, only to have these feelings falter by his anger. She didn't want him angry with her, she never wanted any of her siblings angry at her.

Her face still carrying a shameful look she began to walk towards her brother eyes deadlocked on him. She stopped only a few inches from him before raising one of her fists. At this moment her face twisted back into its earlier state of sadness and regret. As if beating against a stone wall she went to slam one of her fists into his chest. Should he so allow it she would then begin screaming at him. "Why can't we all just get along!? Why can't we all just go home to the citadel and act as if nothing ever happened!?"

She dropped to her knees in front of him, clearly defeated by his words. "I will never think of her as a monster, but I could never hurt you either brother. I can act as if I would, but in the end..." a sniffle escaped from her before continuing. "... in the end I would rather die than hurt any of you."

Salzem

The lonely Ice dragon was caught by surprise as Kaida slammed her clenched fists into his chest, not hard enough to cause any real damage, but enough to express her frustration She screamed and howled, asking why they all just couldn't get along, why they couldn't just forget about everything and get on with their lives like nothing ever happened. Aeizith's gaze softened substantially when he heard her pleas, wrapping his arms around her in a hug again, her previous insults and accusations already forgotten. Even as she sunk down to the ground, the older sibling went with her, on his knees, holding her gently as she confessed her real feelings. Even though she acted like she was ready to kill him, ready to prove herself to Emilia, she'd rather die than hurt him, to hurt any of them. What a mess they were together, two poor souls on the opposite sides of life, one dedicated to the family so much that their loyalty is blind and one loyal to the family so much their rebellion is blind. Aeizith hugged his little sister close for all it was worth, never wanting to let go again. He didn't say a word for a long while, only sitting there on the ice with Kaida, hugging her to his chest in some attempt to calm her down. After a minute or two, he finally spoke, his voice shaky, but certain.

"I'm sorry..." He muttered, looking into her eyes. "I didn't mean what I said, calling you blind and stupid.... I was just.... I'm so sorry...." He knew Kaida could never see Emilia as he did, the tyrant that almost killed them all. Aeizith acknowledged the fact that his younger sibling looked up to Emilia far me than he, seeing her as not only a role-model, but a parent and sibling. He felt so horrible about the things he'd said, almost wishing he could take them all back... almost... On some level, it felt right to voice himself like this, to make it clear that was NOT okay. It may have felt good and yet... looking back on it made him feel so wrong...

"I can't go back home and pretend like it never happened because it'd be a lie, dear sister..." He sighed shakily. "I wish I could... I wish I could go home with you... but I can't...." He pressed his forehead to hers gently, his icy flesh warm to the touch for once in his miserable life. "I'll always love you Kaida... No matter what happens... I'll always love you..."

ValamLym

As the two had their loving conversation, beady eyes stared at them from a distance. A void creature, without a doubt one of Emilia's servants. It seemed that even Kaida was not trusted anymore and rightfully so, she had decided not to give this information to her elder sister, despite that being one of her duties. And now she knew anyway...

The creature quickly rushed off, caring little whether it was spotted or not.

Seconds later a void portal opened, heavy metal boots slammed into the ground and Emilia stepped out of the portal, holding a scroll in her palm. Behind her, several bloodsworn stepped out as well, clad in heavy armor fielding the draconian symbol of Emilia on their chest. She narrowed her eyes, staring at Amira then at Kaida and Aeizith. ''You disappoint me Kaida.'' she simply stated as she stepped closer, undeterred by Amira's presence.

She then gazed at Aeizith, if he had been hoping for regret or anything of the sort he would be sorely disappointed, as her eyes rested upon him, they were dismissive and disinterested at best. Her attention then shifted to Amira, a smirk on her face. ''If it isn't the fallen archangel herself, I do wonder what you see in him.''  Amira simply shrugged in response, not willing to indulge then elder sibling.

Emilia quietly rose her palm and the scroll resting within ''Don't interfere.'' she promptly stated, causing Amira to smirk and step away. Emilia then turned her gaze back to Aeizith. ''I don't know what's worse, your misguided sense of morality or your pitiful attempts at coercing Kaida.'' she chuckled, tucking her hands behind her back as her guards stood beside her. ''I am curious though, why are you with the Archangel.. Don't tell me your truly that stupid? to believe that the one known for tricking men into loving her would love you?'' she snickered ''Now that I say it, that does sound like you.''

She didn't seem woefully concerned about Kaida's opinion, or his for that matter. She learned a valuable lesson the last time she and her siblings met. Even they cannot be trusted, she had been to lenient to all of them, this proved that Kaida was to be included in that assessment. Her eyes turned to Kaida, as emotionless as they were to Aeizith. ''Care to tell me why you took the liberty of not informing me?'' she paused staring her little sister down ''I do believe you said and I quote ''You wont have to worry about me taking advantage of your kindness'' or am I mistaken?'' she crossed her arms. ''Seems like that's exactly what you're doing right now.''

She tucked her arms behind her back again as she looked at Kaida, a glimpse of disappointment in her eyes. ''How do I know you haven't been running your tongue about other things.'' the question seemed almost final, as if all hinged on Kaida's answer.

Blink

Listening as her brother spoke she attempted yet again to persuade him of his opinions. "If you came home maybe she would forgive you... You know sister shes probably not even mad any more. Please just come home. Don't leave me like Eira did too!" she sat there her forehead pressed to his hoping that somehow her words would reach him. She needed him to go home with her if anything so she would not have to lie to her sister. She still had not decided if she would tell her the truth or not, Emelia would surely see the something had upset her the moment she would return to the citadel.

However, Kaida did not have to wait to make her decision. Freezing at her sisters very voice Kaida was shocked that Emelia was suddenly there. Slowly uncovering from her shock she rose from her knelt position and faced her sister attempting to keep her chin held high. Even with tears dried to her cheeks she tried her best to put on a brave face for her sister.

She listened as Emelia addressed Aeizith first, she knew that she was next. "Sister... I... I was going to tell you. I just wanted to give Aeizith a chance to tell you first." it was only a half lie, of course at some point in her lifetime she would tell Emelia of the events that had transpired today. However, she preferred it to be at a time when everyone was getting along again and as something to look back and laugh at. Emelia then spoke the very same words that Kaida had expressed to her on that dreadful day, the day when everything fell apart. "How is me being here talking to Aeizith a problem? Sister I came here to talk to him and beg him to come home! I am not taking advantage of your kindness, I am simply trying to fix things."

Her attempt at remaining calm and collected was border lining a fail as she pushed back more tears from falling. "I can't believe you would think I would share secrets" she raised a hand to her chest as if offended. "Sister, I am not the one who tried to kill you. I am not the one who said those awful things... I am the one who came home with you! Where did I go wrong? Is it because I am weak?" immediately Kaida was filled with self doubt as she rambled on. "Where my clones not good enough? Was my resolve too weak? Is it because I fell trying to save brother?" she could go on forever about the things she felt were not good enough for her sister but she felt that anymore rambling would simply irritate Emelia.

Quickly she shot a glance at her brother, hoping he would see all he had to in her eyes. She meant what she said, every word of it. She loved her brother so much, and was so happy they were bonding. But, she would always be on Emelia's side. Never would she abandon her, the sister that had raised her from nothing but a hatchling shielding her from their parents mistakes. Of course all of this was crushing her, but she had to stand by her word. "I'm sorry" she mumbled before allowing her gaze to drop to her boots. The statement not really directed at either of them in particular, but fitting for both.

Salzem

Aeizith held his little sister tight, wondering silently if Emilia had forgiven him, if she even would place any form of trust back into him... Even among the hatred he felt for his elder sibling right now, the little frost dragon still held onto a certain amount of hope. Before he could reply, however, a dark portal opened only a few feet away, jerking to his feet alongside Kaida as Emilia, the last person he wanted to see right now, walked out as brazen as always, flanked by some of her strongest servants. He said not a word as she first, threatened his girlfriend with a scroll he could only assume could seal away divine entities, then proceeded to mock his relationship with her, calling him an idiot for even considering the fact her love was genuine. His eyes never flared nor the frost underneath Emilia's feet turned hostile. No, Aeizith stood there in his spot besides his younger sister, hands tucked into his jacket pockets, as cool and calculated as Emilia was. A sickening thought.

His eyes flicking down to Kaida as she was visibly starting to fall apart. Emilia accused her of treachery as she did the rest of them, the mere idea causing the younger dragon to almost collapse in tears. She rambled  through all the different possibilities that could have lead to such an accusation, from her incompetence to saving her older brother that one twisted day. He wanted so badly to re-embrace Kaida, to comfort her in some way other than simply standing behind, but with Emilia's cold anger hanging over them both, Aeizith's new integrity refused him the luxury of weakness.

The gaze Kaida gave the ice dragon broke his heart, but also gave him a sort of hope. He saw so much love in her eyes... So much love and happiness despite the current situation...How badly did he want to just scoop her up right there into a hug and never let go... but Emilia was there, blocking the way without ever coming between them. Kaida would always remain loyal to Emilia no matter what and that gave him a bit of hope... If anyone deserved to live through this, it was definitely Kaida, he could see that now.... he could also see that he was a selfish fool, unable to stand his own ground let it all be swept out from under him. He bowed his head low as Kaida did now, muttering her apology. He could tell that it was also meant for him, an apology for the fact that Emilia would always come first and that she could never put anyone ahead of her. Aeizith understood this and thats why he was apologizing now.

"As am I..." The frost dragon added, a familiar uncertainty in his voice. "I was wrong, as always and you are right to hate me... as always... I was going to tell you soon... but I couldn't find the courage... Kaida... she told me nothing, Older Sister... only that she wanted me to come home... I understand if you don't want me there anymore... I'm sorry..."

ValamLym

Emilia kept her stern gaze on Kaida for a while longer as she began speaking, she still felt she was in the right, that she was right to distrust at this point. But doubt began filling her mind slowly, was this truly the way to go about this? by tightening the leash into a choke hold? even on her most precious family member? Her gaze quickly softened as Kaida started her almost panicked frenzy of self doubt. She stepped closer placing her hands on Kaida's shoulders, rubbing them gently. ''I was too quick to judge, I do not think you'd betray me Kaida.'' she simple spoke, keeping her eyes locked on Kaida's. She slowly pulled Kaida into a hug if allowed. Said hug was the only way Emilia knew how to express guilt, something her little sister probably knew all too well. ''You know I love you more then anything in this world..'' she almost whispered the words, as it was difficult for her to talk about her feelings for another.

When she stood back up she eyed Aeizith for a moment, Kaida's words echoing in her mind. She figured it was up to her to fix things, although she didn't have the impression she did anything wrong. She didn't hate him, she really wanted to. But he was still that small and overly kind dragon she remember and loved, if she were to be completely honest with herself. But at she time, he did leave on his own, which made the sense of betrayal that much worse.

She didn't quite know whom Aeizith's comment about hating him was directed at, so she decided to simply not respond to it. She however did feel compelled to the latter ''You left on your own, nobody said you had too.'' she paused, thinking carefully about what to say next ''We all made mistakes that day and as such I try not to hold anyone to it.'' she spoke pointedly ''You're free to come home, but you will obey my rules, the citadel is mine, not yours.'' she looked at the both of them. ''I require your compliance, not your understanding.''

Blink

Kaida felt a wave of relief flood her as Emelia spoke. She took in a deep breath as her sister embraced her, returning the action by wrapping her arms around Emelia. Her embrace became even tighter as Emelia whispered to her. "I love you to Emelia" she whispered back before leaning her head against Emelia's shoulders. This is why she loved her sister, because throughout it all if she truly knew Kaida was upset she would calm her down.

Taking a few steps away as her sister addressed Aeizith, Kaida looked over the Blood Sworn Emelia had brought with her. She couldn't help it, like a moth drawn to a flame she needed to mess them. It had always bothered her how the Blood Sworn were so serious. Unlike her own death guard who had almost no uniformity the Blood Sworn were very... stiff. Taking a few more steps back attempting to be out of her sisters line of site Kaida now was looking dead center at the soldiers.

The evil grin was first to surface as Kaida theatrically created a clone of one of the Blood Sworn. She motioned for the other soldiers to watch with her hands. All of her actions were now silent as she attempted to remain unheard and unnoticed by her sister. Raising her eyebrows Kaida then grabbed her clone of a Blood Sworn by the arm, the very action causing it to turn to ash and dissapear. Acting as if it were an accident she innocently lifted a hand to cover her mouth in an 'oh my' sort of way.

Kaida looked at her siblings quickly before continuing with her game. She motioned for her now armless Blood Sworn clone to kneel down so that she may whisper to it. Complying the clone lowered for her to whisper only for its head to explode into ash and ember a few short moments into her 'secret'. The young dragoness once again acted in theatrical way of being shocked before crossing her arms in front of herself and raising a brow to the Blood Sworn.

Slowly she walked towards them her hands now behind her back as she mockingly eyed the group. Stopping mere inches from one of them at the edge of their formation. She stood there for a few minutes mimicking his stance before turning quickly and reaching for his arm. It was no surprise the Blood Sworn soldier had flinched, and it took every ounce of her resolve not to laugh. She began to walk away and turned to wink at the group before stepping up beside her siblings.

No day was complete without causing at least one being to fear their life would end in an instant at her hands....

Salzem

Instead of trying to emphasize his view on his older sibling, to try and get her to understand how he must have saw it, he realized that committing to such an act would cause nothing more than strife for them all (to say the least.) Instead, he nodded, showing obvious respect to Emilia.

"As you say. I am sorry I broke your trust me..." He stated before watching his younger sister go about playing with Emilia's solders. He really wondered what she was expecting when she stepped out of that portal. It was as if he went up to Kaida with his Assasains flanking him along with several ice-clones. T'would look like  he was going to wage war with her right then and there. But then, Emilia was never the type of person to put much stock in the best-case scenario. He supposed that's why she called it "treachery" and not what it really was: a misunderstanding. He could see how happy Kaida was now, even if she put up her sarcastic guard up somewhat again. He could practically feel the warmth and mischievous nature radiating off her being. Even as she played her macabre humor on Emilia's knights, it was in good taste for once. Meanwhile, the Ice-dragon, although his eyes watched her movement's his mind was somewhere else. He contemplated what he'd do from here and how long until tensions rose again.

And anyway, it had been so long since Aeizith had even HEARD from his dear older brother. He wondered where Electi could have gone.... His first thought was Emilia... but due to her "forgiveness", Aeizith gave her the benefit of the doubt. He stared at the ground, his mind trying to come up with any number of reasons they haven't heard from their brother. He could be out looking for a place to build an outpost...? Perhaps building a dragon's hoard of his own...? Maybe he just didn't want to be found... He glanced back up as Kaida came to stand beside them again, smiling as if she had told the best joke ever. Aeizith appeared more troubled than humored, as evidenced by the look on his face.

"If I may ask..." the frost dragon turned to his elder sister. "H-have you heard from Electi...?"

ValamLym

Emilia, despite Kaida's best attempts did in fact see what she was doing from the corner of her eyes. However, she seemed more amused by it then angry and if she were really honest, she'd say that she was happy to see that Kaida was back to her normal self. She then turned her gaze to Aeizith, whom seemed to be rather short off with his response, which she figured was because he was still angry with her.

That didn't matter, the only person she was negotiating for was Kaida and if he wanted to make that difficult then so be it, it would only hurt him in the end. She pondered what it was that she could say, if he wanted a sorry he'd still be sorely disappointing, She didn't feel sorry, not in the slightest. As such she didn't feel particularly inclined to respond to his request about his eldest brother. He had been forgiven and returned to the Citadel, but Aeizith didn't have to know that. She wanted to lie about it just to spite him, but she figured the truth would hurt more.

''He is still at the citadel'' she simply stated, a modicum of hostility returning to her person, tucking her hands behind her back. She quietly looked at Aeizith and then at Amira, who seemed to catch her interest now. To an extend, she was simply worried for Aeizith, but that she wouldn't admit either. She didn't trust the angel in the slightest and seemed much more aware of her reputation then her younger sibling was. In the end, it was his choice and his burial, he wanted to be with her? so be it, she wasn't going to protect him any longer.

Having trouble even finding words to say to Aeizith that wouldn't come out spiteful she simply turned to the person she could and would enjoy talking to - Kaida. ''What is it that you wanted to achieve anyway?'' she asked pointedly, she could've gone into the gritty details about how she thought this was foolhardy, but she could hardly deny Kaida anything, even this. ''It is unlike you to make rash decisions like this.''

Blink

Kaida was thrown back by her sisters question, yet she complied with an answer. "I don't want us to be apart. I am proud to say that I am a Black-Hearth. I want others to see us as siblings who stand together. I want every insignificant being to know that we are strong and unbreakable." Her face was proud as she spoke. It was no lie that Kaida held her family above all else. Her dream was that one day anyone that would hear their family name would tremble in fear at the mere thought.

"We cannot portray such a picture with a broken family. Sooner or later some will pick up on that..." the young dragon paused to turn her attention to Aeizith's new wench. "And they will try to rip us apart." she spoke the words with as much cold emotion she could muster, her eyes locked on the angel. Crossing her arms in front of herself she stepped closer to Emelia so that only she could hear her next statement. "And I want you to be happy, and having all of us together will make you happy".

(OOC: Sorry for shortness. Only to allow for more dialogue between A and Em. Also part because im being lazy at the moment.)

Salzem

Aeizith sighed in relief hearing his brother was safe... He must have been off doing something for Emilia, some long term mission or something that made him not have much time for them. He felt dumb worrying over someone was powerful as Electi... He might as well have worried about the life of an immortal god for how ludicrous it was. Still... Aeizith felt immensely displaced and tired after everything that was happening and was still happening. He followed Emilia's gaze back over to Amira, smiling warmly at her while Kaida glared coldly. Even after all the bonding the dragons had gone through together, the little ice-drake couldn't abide by the accusations and glares being thrown at his girlfriend. He gave his little sister one of his own, a look that wasn't quite menacing, but one that expressed his distaste, one that requested she kept her mouth shut. Though her speech may have been uplifting to everyone else (even Emilia), none of this was about being an "unbreakable family" or strength or proving dominance. That wasn't what any of this was about. He never had the dragon's pride that these words could play off of like keys on a piano. No, it wasn't about any of that... not to him... And Kaida surely knew this, even if Emilia couldn't see it, leaving him to think that this speech was more for her than him. He took a deep breath and sighed once she was done whispering whatever it was to Emilia, a cold frosty wave escaping his mouth. He glanced over at his girlfriend once more before turning his eyes on his Elder sister.

"Emilia.... You deserve a better servant than me..." He said, a matter-of-factly. "You never got what you wanted... Not the brother you needed... not the strength... and recently, not even the obedience or loyalty... You were right to think I was dumb because I probably am... running from a problem rather than facing it like the dragon I am... I didn't even have the guts to tell you I had a mate and... to be perfectly honest... I probably might have never told you myself." His face was as straight and unreadable, often characteristics not associated with him. No ice grew from his body, nor was he freezing to the touch. He was eerily in control and if he were watching himself... he might have been afraid...

"I wouldn't be surprised if you thought I wasn't worth the blood in my veins or the last name I was given and neither would I blame you for it... I've earned your scorn and my own disgrace... And I'm sorry I've disgraced you..." He his eyes fell on Kaida next, those chilling, blank blue eyes of his. Not a hint of strong emotions rested behind those orbs, just hints of what was. "The same goes for you, Kaida... Its okay if you don't know it yet, but I've disgraced this family, I see that now..." He turned back to Emilia and only then did he show regret, a least several tons of it, but only behind his eyes. Not a hint made it to his face, his mouth, nor the tone of his voice. ".....I really am sorry."

ValamLym

Emilia seemed relatively surprised by Aeizith's sudden words. She hadn't anticipated that he would be reasonable, she expected to walk into a tantrum about how evil she was and how all the wrongs in his life were her fault. He wouldn't have been entirely wrong, she knew her methods were crude and only as effective as others would let them be, she could never blame him for this. That is why, despite everything that happened now, she felt no more anger and no more resentment for her little brother.

It wasn't because she hated him, it was because she always preferred to hide behind that facade of power, strength and discipline. It helped her retain control and that had fallen apart in their previous encounter and although she would never openly admit it, she felt partially responsible, even if she knew Electi forced her hand.

''You're not my servant, you're my little brother. No matter how stupid you sometimes might be.'' she kept her eyes on Aeizith, no sign of real emotion in her eyes as she finally spoke the truth, not that calculated truth, but the truth that came from the heart she did have beating in her chest, despite all odds. ''Your mate is not relevant, whom you think suits you is for you to decide, not I.'' she paused, nudging her head to look at Amira for a split second before turning back to Aeizith ''It does not matter whether you are worthy of the blood in your veins or not, one way or another it is Black-Hearth blood, always is and always will be, just as Eira will always be my sister you will always be my brother.''

She sighed, feeling her self slip into that uncomfortable soft nature she hid deep within the bowels of her very being. It wasn't pleasant to her, it meant letting go, letting control slip for even a minor second was terrifying to the control freak that was Emilia, but for her family she did it, for once in her life. ''You could never disgrace me, you're my little brother. I have not been the perfect elder sibling either.'' she let a modicum of regret surface on her face now, showing that indeed, behind the cold facade did rest a living being. ''Raising you, Kaida.. heck even the big child Electi had not been how I imagined it. I'm a terrible mother figure, no need to deny it.'' she looked up at the sky, letting those words drift through her own mind for a moment. ''But not once do I regret it, not once do I regret bringing you all here, with me. Believe it or not, I do care.. but violence is all I know.. All I let myself know.'' she let out yet another sigh ''I wish it were different. But I am simply not capable of expressing myself in any other way and the fact that you and the others fought me only furthered that anger.''

Her gaze grew neutral again as she took back control and stopped letting her emotions speak, not because she had a sudden change of mind but because she felt she had said enough, at-least for now. She snickered as  Kaida stepped closer and spoke her words. ''I suppose so.'' she simply stated, for once not letting her immediate defiance speak.

Tags: