Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Sign of Things To Come... [Darkened Skies Event] (Open by request!)

Started by KingTyrant, October 07, 2016, 03:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingTyrant

Tags to @Pegasus_Milk, @Fukurou and @Magyar.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting atop a watchtower in the busy city of Ketra, Tri gazed towards the grey sky, which let thin beams of light penetrate through and brighten the Draconi forest in wide patches. None of this light shone down on the city itself, which stunk of livestock and rumbled with the sounds of merchants wheeling their carts of produce down the cobblestone walkways. The swordsman looked down at the wyvern eggs in his hands, the same eggs that he had retrieved from Saevic's hideout deeper in the forest.

Just days ago, he had ran across his 'friend,' Oblivia Koln. The necromancer listened to what he had to say regarding the eggs, and Saevic's experiments in the Draconi, but she gave no real helpful advice. All she did was beg to come along on whatever big adventure he had planned next, but he knew better than letting that happen. Oblivia had a tendency to get in the way and cause mischief. If he was to have any help finding out what the Demon of Chaos was up to, he'd need someone who wasn't going to simply screw around.

The necromancer did however give him someone to talk to. A local Serenian mage living in Ketra, who was an expert on the forces of the underworld, and all of their devious plots. Surely, he'd know something about what Saevic was up to. Hopefully. He jumped from the top of the tower, grabbing onto the ridges between the stones that made up its sturdy wall. Climbing his way down, he fixed his cloak so that it covered his hard, red gauntlets before starting off into the middle of the road. The crowds of people that passed from either side seemed to part off into two individual sections at the sight of the mysterious figure. This, in Tri's eyes, was a good thing.

If these people had seen an armored man with a huge sword walking through town, he'd be arrested on account of suspicious activity for sure. At this rate, he was just some weird hooded man who nobody wanted to mess with. The children, innocent and naïve that walked down the middle of the road as he had been were quickly pulled to the side by their mothers, who gently scolded them for getting in the way of someone who was possibly dangerous.

Not only did this conceal his armor and weapons, but it concealed his identity as well. Here, Tri stuck out like a sore thumb. His light skin was a direct notification of his Serenian blood, as well as the obvious Serenian insignia on his back. Adelans weren't as intolerant of the Serenians as the Connlaothian people were, but everywhere you went in Le'raana had its fair share of xenophobes and bigots. Everywhere that he went without his cloak prompted guards to check up on him, even if he was without his armor or sword.

Tri looked from side-to-side, making sure no guards were watching before taking a hard right into an alleyway. He inwardly prayed that Oblivia's directions hadn't led him astray, or into an ambush of thieves. She was known not only for how she used her body and feminine charms to get her way, but also her little 'pranks' that she seemed to love playing on people. No matter how messed up, every inconvenience to another human being that she caused was comedy gold. Those who didn't laugh? Well, they just didn't have a sense of humor. This was the necromancer's thought process.

Luckily, as Tri approached a fancy door with a golden bramble pattern around its purple-painted exterior, this didn't seem to be the case. A small slot, closed off to avoid anyone peeping inside, rested about nose-height with Tri. Raising a brow, the swordsman knocked a few times with the steel doorknocker. After a moment, the slot shot open to reveal a pair of wide, bloodshot eyes. "Who goes there!?" A panicked voice asked. Tri narrowed his eyes. "Tri Greysteel. I was told that a friend of Oblivia Koln lived here." He said calmly. The eyes seemed to relax slightly, the man on the other side nodding. "Yes, yes... Ms. Koln... Please, come in!" He said, a number of locks being undone before the door opened. What had Tri just stepped into...?

Going inside, Tri explained everything. The eggs, Saevic's hideout, and what exactly the course of action was. He was hoping that this man, as psychotic as he seemed, could give some answers regarding what Saevic was doing, if nothing else. He seemed intelligent, as odd as he was. He definitely didn't look like the mage type, though. He wore a peasant's rags, his white hair thinning and his chin sporting a bushy, unkempt beard. "I... I cannot say I know what the demon's true intentions are... But his involvement with dragons troubles me. A lot." He told Tri, who tilted his head in confusion. "Why so?"

The man blinked, looking astonished that such a question would be asked. "Dragons are a powerful and destructive creature, my boy. Why do you think that Adela's brave and mighty army has employed them as a valuable weapon on the battlefield? Dragons are a nearly unstoppable beast." He began, sitting down with a cup of tea in his frail hands. "You worry about what the demon is doing with so many eggs in his possession, but I have a feeling that he isn't who you need to worry about so greatly. I feel as if he is a pawn in a much higher threat's game."

Tri leaned in, eyes narrowed in even greater confusion. "There is no greater threat than him. I've seen what he is capable of. I've seen the destruction he has caused firsthand." He said, seeming as if his intelligence had been insulted. The old man shook his head rapidly. "Saevic may be a deadly foe, but there is one greater." He told Tri, who sighed. "Then who?" The question was answered with nothing but a long, dramatic pause. "I wish I knew. But I jest you not when I say that I and many others have heard the mountaintops quake, and have seen the dragons grow more restless as of late!"

Tri looked out the window in deep thought at the old mage's work. "I have studied many vile abominations of the underworld... Saevic is as abominable as they come, and the pain he has inflicted is beyond measure. However, I have never heard of a demon causing such a shift in the atmosphere... A village at the base of the Thunderblacks just two days ago was scorched by a dragon. No survivors. A mining town in Connlaoth was destroyed in a similar fashion. The dragons are becoming hostile, and it isn't by natural means. Not even by Hellish means! I would know..." The old man proclaimed. Tri stood, heading for the door. He placed his hand on the knob as the old man spoke up again.

"What are you planning on doing, boy?" The old man asked. "I'm turning these eggs into the authorities. Then, I'm having a tiny meeting with the dragon riders' mounts. They'd ought to know something. Besides, there's a good chance that they're the only peaceful ones left." With that, Tri stormed out.

It was at this time, near the stables, that something sinister was going on right under the noses of the inhabitants of Ketra. At the thick, low wall that surrounded the dragon stables, where two guards were guarding the gate, and more were doing their rounds within the wall outside of the stables themselves, the Demon of Chaos himself was about to conduct the next stage in his sinister plan. Not just his plan, but also the plan of an ally he had met just hours before. Nobody suspected anything was wrong, as the area was quiet, and not a lot was going on at all.

Suddenly, the first guard at the gate's back lurched inwards as he let out a pained cry, turning towards his shocked companion with burning, red eyes. The second guard readied his halberd, his hands shaking at the sudden disturbing sight. "Roger! W-What has happened to you!?" His question was ceased as the first guard angled the sharp end of the halberd, thrusting it into his own skull. As blood splattered against the earth, the guard fell and died on the spot. "I-I need backup over here!!! M-Man down!" The terrified other guard yelled, though his voice was quieter than he thought.

As soon as these words were uttered, red-hot embers and smoke blew in from thin air, taking the shape of a man in front of the guard. His eyes wide, he swung the halberd, hitting nothing as the blade cut straight through the smoky figure. As soon as all embers were in place, the figure took the shape of Saevic, white hair, long coat and all. "Somebody hel-!!!" The guard screamed, his voice being cut off by Saevic's sabre slicing through his throat, a fountain of blood painting the wall next to him. As soon as the second guard fell, Saevic sheathed his blade, making his way through the gate.

Saevic already didn't fear human opposition, as frankly, not very many humans could overpower a monster from Hell. He looked around at the other guards, who were already being outmatched by his demonic forces, their bodies hitting the ground one after the other as the demons diced through them with nasty-looking, curved blades and axes. Saevic walked past the carnage, looking elegant and stoic as usual as he prepared to open the door to the stables. He took a deep breath, preparing to be showered in dragon's fire as soon as he entered.

Luckily, upon entering, the dragons were asleep. Well, were asleep, until the creaking of the rusty hinges brought them out of their deep slumber. They suspected that they were being awoken for another check-up, or someone coming to clean their pens, or even another mission, which they hadn't really been on in what seemed like ages. However, as their eyes focused on Saevic's menacing form, as well as the dead guards, surrounded in pools of crimson outside, they all growled, smoke shooting from their nostrils as they backed up protectively.

"Good afternoon. Let us discuss things, shall we?" The demon's unnerving voice rang out, grabbing a stool from the corner of the stable telepathically and sitting upon it.

Magyar

Amber lanterns set a soft glow in the streets of Ketra, and sweet pastry smells mingled with the smoky air of the so called "Dragon Capital". His boots crunched along the gravelly street, and he eyed the human children playing in the streets, their squeals and screams of joy ringing out in the night, contrasted by soft fiddle music from a nearby tavern. This place... he could enjoy. It was warm, the people friendly, and the dragon corps provided individuals who loved flame nearly as much as he. Life was good, but that wasn't why he was here. He had come to this city in search of certain demonic scholar, and didn't intend to leave until he'd found him.

Aohdei continued strolling through down the faintly lit street, when Cir, his fiery little companion, barreled into him in stoat form. The weaselly creature dug his claws into Aohdei's leather coat, and scaled the demon as a mountain climber scales a peak.

"Woah, hey chill out." Aohdei chuckled, and grabbed at Cir, but missed, and the imp crawled up onto his shoulder. Placing little stoat hands on his ear in an oddly human fashion, and whispered a warning in a foul, harsh language. Aohdei nodded, and with a flash and some smoke, the imp vanished back to whatever ethereal plane he inhabited when he wasn't helping Aohdei. Aohdei took off at a run towards the Dragon stables, and cursed under his breath.

---------------------------------

Hvitraak flew several thousand feet above the capital city, watching the humans and elves among the winking light like an eagle watches a rabbit. He also paid special attention to the Dragon stables. A cousin of his had a child among their number, and he was tasked with watching over the hatchling this year. His eyes saw much farther and with greater detail than an eagle's however, and he spotted some humans, or perhaps elves or demons based on their speed, incapacitate the guardsmen. He began to lower himself slowly towards the city, but drifted more than dived, waiting for the flash of flame that signified the dragonkin inside were defending themselves. When the leader entered the building and no such flame appeared, Hvit entered a full dive, and aimed at a courtyard just to the left of the building. He was going in full sized, and would not risk the harm of one of his line at the expense of some pesky biped's den.

Too many humanoids had harmed his blood in the past for Hvit to feel comfortable with the current situation, and though he felt that the hatchlings could adequately defend themselves against what was technically their prey, no precautions were to be taken tonight. I will not lose another one!

When he struck the paving stones, they cracked beneath his weight, and the ground shook as if a mountain had collapsed in on itself. Windows shattered, and buildings slid on their foundations. He angled towards the stable, and leapt towards the front gate.

I WILL NOT LOSE ANOTHER ONE!

Sheshia

Looking up from a deer that she had recently caught Kyselina feels the ground shake slightly. Hissing she spreads her wings and picks up the deer in one of her talons. She springs into the air with a beat of her strong wings imprinting the ground in which she was on with a few gouges and footprints. It's been a few years, or maybe months since Kyselina left her caretakers to live in the the wild. She loved it and always cherished being able to fly free and do mostly whatever she wanted. Her favorite part was probably feeling the air under her wings and sweeping across her scales. When she reaches the sky line she sees dust rise from Ketra and heard faint screams. Itching to help but knew that if she tried to help someone she might hurt them or kill someone with her venom and be thought as dangerous instead and attacked.  Need to see what I am dealing with before I decide to get involved with this. She quickly increases the speed at which she flapped her wings and quickly picks up speed. She has been longing for attention from a humanoid or a biped. They were nice and gentle (well the ones who raised her at least) and she wanted to have a conversation and hopefully befriend a few of them one of these days in her long-lived life.

Morgan Droud

"They won't see you, they won't see you."

As he muttered to himself beneath his breath, Esderand slowly made his way towards the Dragon Stables. He had come all this way to finally see a Dragon in person, even if it was just a child, and he had promised one of the Scholars that he would try to get him a Dragon Egg.

"Why in the world am I doing this?"

As the Stables got closer, he got slower, until he was practically dragging himself along the streets.

"What if I just say to him, "I want there, but I couldn't get in. That would work as an excuse, right? But, it's Dragon's we're talking about, and I promised him last time that I'd help him with one favor..."

His voice died out as a large impact and the sound of glass breaking came from behind him. Before he could turn around, a massive shadow passed overhead, the white wings appearing translucent as the sun passed through them.

"D-D-Dragon..."

Sheshia

Oh crap Kyselina thinks to herself. By the looks of it the dragon was trying to get to something but what? If he was a good dragon he would most definitely have a reason for dive-bombing the city like he did. The guards might want to hurt him or worse. She also had the opportunity to finally meet one of her kind which was an offer that she couldn't pass. Cautiously Kyselina angles her wings to she could speed up her descent some but able to keep herself slow enough to be able to fly away if needed. Upon seeing the amount of destruction to the square and seeing all of what the square would've looked like before it was destroyed raged her. She lets lose a loud roar and dives towards the city hoping to help out those who were injured or needed help forgetting everything she learned.

KingTyrant

The Demon of Chaos heard the rumble of mighty dragon's feet against cobblestone, causing windows to shatter and things in the stables to topple over. The other dragons in the stable glanced towards the source of the noise, knowing that another of their kind was here to aid them. Saevic simply closed his eyes in annoyance, slamming the stable doors telepathically. If the beast outside knew what was good for him, he'd refrain from intervening. He'd hate to have to start skinning dragons due to interruptions.

"What is it you wish to discuss, hellspawn?" A dragon belted out hatefully, sporting a spiny, green exterior. Saevic didn't immediately answer, looking towards a shattered window impatiently. "It seems my associate is late. Typical for wyverns, I suppose. Destructive, calculating, and with their own schedule. Very well... We'll continue on our own." He dropped down from the stool, beginning to pace back and forth. The dragons around him glanced between each-other in visible confusion at the mention of a wyvern. Was he bluffing, or did this man, or demon, rather, have a wyvern on his side?

They became impatient as he took his sweet time explaining his presence here, a dragon getting ready to speak up before Saevic finally turned to them, opening his mouth to talk. "You dragons... You do very much confuse me." His words were met with raised brows. "So much power, so much fierceness, and you spend your lives tethered to mounts, letting these Adelan filth ride you like common horses? Pathetic, is what it is..." He rasped out, stepping dangerously close to them. "We have respect for our riders, you monster... They have never harmed us! Not once!" Another dragon growled, his voice more deep and commanding than the first, his scales marbled with red and gold.

Saevic couldn't help but shake his head. He knew this was going to be rather difficult. The dragons of Ketra were a loyal bunch, but like every creature, were easily manipulated. "And you've never once wondered what the rest of Le'raana had to offer you?" This question brought upon silence, a few dragons showing expressions full of thought. "I'm not an imbecile, as you might believe. I know how these establishments work. It's no better than the arenas of Essyrn."

"You exist to be whipped and beaten into shape as youth, and go out and risk your lives for humanity's pointless conflicts. Petty nonsense that beings such as yourself have no business getting involved with. But humans have put you on a leash. Restrained you from freedom and abused your power to no end. Isn't it just... Sickening?" The demon questioned, his piercing, red eyes burning into theirs as he slowly worked his way into their minds.

The dragons remained silent, all of their repressed frustrations beginning to show themselves as they watched and listened to Saevic. "... What is it that you suppose we do, demon?" The deep-voiced dragon asked. Saevic walked back to his stool, taking a seat and crossing his arms. "You take on the age-old idea of revolution. You break these chains that bind you, and wreak havoc on your so-called, 'superiors.' Your kind could torch this city in mere minutes, and leave to a better purpose. Along side the one who has awakened." He spoke, the mention of Nevira prompting gasps and mumblings between the beasts.

"What do you know of her!?" A female dragon hissed out, her body a vibrant purple, Saevic scoffing. "More than you'd be willing to accept. You see, I'm fighting for you. I know everything I do, because I believe in a greater purpose. Much greater than the slime that walk these streets." He told them, all of them looking more furious than ever after the convincing speech. "So... Shall we commence the war to end your oppression?" He asked them every single one nodding almost in unison. Saevic lifted a hand, telepathically unlocking their chains. "Then be free."

He could almost laugh hysterically at how well he had played his hand... Not even as mighty a beast as the dragons of Ketra could see past his lies and deceit. They all unfurled their wings, giving roars and cries of vengeance as Saevic stood, hands behind his back and a look of triumph in his eyes.

Outside, Tri was approaching with his sword drawn, cloak thrown to the side as he witnessed the slaughtered guards outside the stables. His eyes were narrowed at the demons guarding the doors, all of which snarled at his presence. "Greysteel! It's him!" The commotion inside stopped Saevic from hearing the warning, the demons rushing at him in a fury. Tri took a sturdy stance, countering every thrust of a demonic blade with deadly attacks of his own, Saevic's goons bursting into clouds of embers as Tri's blade cut through their armored bodies.

"Anyone else?" The swordsman hissed, twirling his weapon challengingly. He slowly approached the stables, the dragon in the nearby courtyard just out of view as he kneeled next to the body of one of the guards. He had shown signs of recent possession. "Saevic..." He hissed. His head shot up as the roars and cries from withing the stables got louder, the doors flinging open to expose Saevic, who walked out slowly and elegantly with his hands behind his back. Tri stood, pointing his sword at the demon. "You!!!"

Before anything else could be said, Saevic raised his arms, every single dragon from within bursting through the roof and ascending into the sky, their black silhouettes against the grey clouds prompting the citizens in the streets to look up in visible confusion. Tri watched on as the purple female dragon hovered above the ruined stables, opening her jaws to let out a foul screech which sent a massive fireball into the streets. Tri's eyes widened, quickly slicing his sword through the air, a rift opening up for him to jump through to safety. Another opened up on a nearby tower overlooking the sight, the fireball blasting through buildings on either side of the street, lighting their magnificent structures aflame.

The female dragon took off into the air, Tri watching as all escaped beasts, in a neat formation, swopped down over the city and delivered a torrent of infernos that engulfed hundreds of buildings and left trails of destruction in their wake, where mighty wings had sliced through stone walls and sent debris crumbling into the streets. Tri heard the screams of terror, his eyes wide as a fist clenched around his sword hilt. "My gods..."

Magyar

"BRETHREN!! WHY DO YOU DO THIS?!" Hvittraak's roaring speech echoed loudly through the valley that encapsulated the city, but even it was drowned out by the rush of flame and the screech of dragonkin. And yet, futilely, he continued, "STOP YOUR MADNESS!! STOP THIS!!"

A small bronze dragon, saddle half ripped off of his back and metal harness twisted on his form, lay dead several hundred yards from Hvit, human pikemen spearing his upturned gut repeatedly. Another, larger drake, diamond white and sparkling like the sun launched himself at them, shredding armour into silver flakes and cracking bone like dry twigs. "AIELENDIN!" The great and desperate roar tore itself from Hvit's throat, and he leapt again over the wall to help his nephew. His great bulk crushed not only the building next to the skirmish but also most of the human combatants. He swung his neck towards the much smaller hatchling, knocking him onto his side.

"Aielendin! Escape this place! Wait for me on Harfallas's Peak, and fly with speed!" He rumbled out much more quietly, yet still far louder than casual conversation.

The smaller white drake shot a look of surprise at Hvit, roaring back, "Uncle?! Why are you here?"

"I am here for your protection, Aeilendin. Now please, leave this place, and your maddened brethren. Now is not the time for this kind of action, and if we leave now, we may escape the repercussions. Where is your rider?"

"He isn't in the city. He's off at his estate north of here." Aielendil replied.

"Go find him, then meet me at Harfal-" in the middle of his sentence, Hvit was thrown from his feet by a raving purple dragon was, more than likely thinking she was saving a friend from a threat.

"GO! I WILL MEET YOU THERE!" Hvit roared at the last second before he hit the ground, but as soon a second he did, he threw the dragoness off of him more easily than a cat would throw off a mouse. He then trapped her under a claw, and lunged for her throat. He didn't open his mouth, but rammed his nose crest into her asophogus, the Draconic equivalent of a throat punch.

Aielendin took the opportunity to fly off, and Hvit got off of the now incapacitated dragoness. He scanned the air quickly, and also elevated himself in two powerful flaps. His work here had only just begun.

Sheshia

The sight of the dragons pointlessly and unprovoked. Since she knew nothing about these dragons she hoped they were very nice dragons usually. Taking flight she quickly flies towards one of the dragons. Pausing only when Hvittraaks roars making her ears hurt a bit. Hissing she flies towards one of the dragons who was breathing fire on the town. She grabs him with and claws and throws him towards the ground. What has gotten into these dragons! She thinks before diving for the dragon she just attacked and claws at his wings and body. The dragon hisses and attacks her grabbing at her neck with his teeth. Crap! Sheshia flaps a few times gaining height and drives her tail into the dragon's side driving him to the ground. A plum of dust rose from where he crashed and the dragon look dazed but living. Content with herself she looks for another dragon to stop.

Morgan Droud

Running for his life, Esderand dove into the nearest building to evade the countless dragons above the city. He didn't know what had happened to the dragons, and he didn't want to. He just wanted out of the city, but it didn't appear he could do that with the current situation.

Glancing out the door, he continued on his way to the gate, trying to avoid the sight of the monsters in the sky.

KingTyrant

Tri wasted no time, eyes narrowed as he dived head-first towards the ground, bringing his blade through the air, with opened another portal. He went through, another portal opening above one of the dragons in the formation. Dropping on its back, Tri drove his sword into its neck a few times, the beast hissing and snapping back at him. The swordsman jumped back, but remained on the beast's back, leaning in and slicing through the dragon's eye as it turned its head once more. It screeched in pain, quickly falling to the ground.

As its body crashed through the street, toppling burning buildings over, Tri had leapt to safety on top of another roof, which overlooked another dragon landing in the market district, smashing through stalls and busting through lines of spearmen, who had gathered to fight off the beast. All across the city, on the walls, on rooftops, Adelan archers were taking aim at the rebelling dragons, their arrows not seeming to do anything but anger the beasts and force them to land. From there, foot soldiers would move in for the kill, only to meet the same fate as the archers, who would be swiped off their perches and even snatched by swooping dragons.

Tri repeated his process, catching the wings of dragons that swooped too low or opening portals to get him close to the monsters, doing as much damage as he could to their ranks. However, this was in vain. In under a couple hours, the city was in ruins. The sky was clouded by smoke and it snowed black ash, mighty buildings crumbling in piles of charred stone and embers. Eventually, after taking down about three dragons, the soldiers in the city only managing to truly scratch around two, Tri kneeled on the city wall, exhausted.

"Enjoying my handiwork, Greysteel?" A voice sounded behind him. Tri turned to see Saevic standing there, his hands behind his back. Tri narrowed his eyes, standing and clenching his hands around the hilt of his sword. "What was the meaning of this attack!? Why have you threatened the lives of all these innocent people!?" Tri interrogated, the two standing right above the main gate, where thousands of civilians were being evacuated.

In the distance, the winged creatures sent bright streams of flame down on the already torched city, hitting everything they had missed. If a human happened to present themselves, they would dive down and dispatch of them in gruesome fashions. The dragons swooped down periodically, driving their mighty wings through crumbling buildings, dicing them in half. The rubble would then fall to the streets, trapping helpless civilians underneath.

"Innocent? Clearly you and I have different definitions." The demon dodged Tri's blade, which went right over his head. "I don't see Ketra as innocent. A city, ridden with filth. Rich nobles who can't even toss scraps at those living in shambles. Thieves and gangs, turning the city into a breeding ground for crime and sin. Captive beasts, only living to die for human gain." He explained to Tri, who continued to slash and attack him, but hitting only air. "This city looks better engulfed in fire. Why don't you admit it to yourself?"

Tri shook his head at the demon's explanations, gritting his teeth. "You're a murderous rat." He growled, lunging his blade right at Saevic's chest. The demon drew his saber, blocking the attack and sending Tri's sword flying through the air. He butted Tri in the jaw, sending him onto his back before pointing the saber at him. "And you're a mortal fool. Sneaking into my hideout and stealing my eggs? You think I wouldn't notice? And look how well it all turned out for you... I'm no rat. You, however, are. You and all of your pathetic species!" He prepared to drive the saber into his chest, Tri noticeably flinching.

Magyar

Thunderous skies and bloody rain blasted around Aohdei as he ran. He had stopped when the carnage had begun to snack on some recently deceased civilians, or maybe they were guardsmen. He didn't know, nor did he care. Now, short, severely cracked lips and bloody to the chin, beard dripping, he looked quite a sight. Not minding that the tips of his hair was smouldering, or that his eyes had begun to glow as if a flame rested within them. He was powered up, and ready to fight.

His feet pounded ceaselessly across the ground, ignoring the Dragons above and the people beside him. He was looking for another demon, the one Cir had spoken of. The gate to the Dragon stables was destroyed, blown open and in cinders, while no one lay inside.

A wyrm, a drake without wings, sprung from within the ruined stable building, lunging for Aohdei. Normally, he would've rolled, or dodged away, but now, he was ascended. His true power was with him today. He flicked a hand in the direction of the beast, sending a fiery javelin through the underside of it's jaw. In a small explosion of smoke he had teleported to on top of the Wyrm's head, a javelin in each hand, and speared him with each, before doing so once more while the overgrown lizard shook it's head violently. After a fifth javelin through the skull, it fell, twitching and dripping acidic blood on the pavement. Little spirals of smoke drifted around it's head, and Aohdei leapt from his neck into a crouch, and began collecting the blood in his hands, the acid not affecting his skin. He drank deeply from the drake's jugular for quite some time, each mouthful gaining more power. By the time he had drained the body, it rippled under his skin, and he was feeling the rush of adrenaline.

Cir returned to him, and told him he had last seen the Demon man fighting with a swordsman atop the city walls. Exploding into ash again, this time jumping many dozens of feet with every teleport, he shadow-ran towards the wall, and when he hit it, kept on running, straight up, skipping twenty feet with each step. Upon reaching the battlements, he scanned around for a second, finding his target as he headbutted his opponent. That looked rather painful. Aohdei ran, shadow-jumped once, and stopped maybe thirty feet from the demon man, now ready to impale the swordsman he'd been dueling. Aohdei drew back an arm, the shaft of a javelin materializing in his palm, before launching the flaming rod at the Demon man. He didn't see the results of his throw, however, as he was knocked off of the battlements by a gigantic white drake battling three smaller and much more vividly coloured dragons.

Sheshia

Blood was everywhere. To many flashing colors and, the brightness made her head throb. One thing for sure Kyselina was definitely not going to visit any town any time soon if she survived that is. Grabbing one of the madden dragons, a rose colored, she drives it to the ground. It quickly latches it's teeth around her tail and flings her to the ground. With a deep his and being disoriented for a second the dragon takes advantage of it and pounces towards her which Kysekina reacts by rolling onto her back and using her hind legs to knock the dragon back from her.
  Taking a breif moment she watches a fire spear thing whizz past her towards something she couldn't make out, letting lose a roar she then turns towards her adversary who disappeared back into the frey of dragons as quickly as it appeared. Lashing her tail she takes off again and sees the huge wyvern being mobbed by smaller dragons. She quickens her flight speed a drives herself into one of the dragons sending him flying into the ground.

KingTyrant

As Saevic was about to drive the slim, razor-sharp blade into his adversary's chest, he suddenly paused, turning sharply and swatting the javelin out of the air with his blade. The flaming rod made a loud, ping as it connected with the demon's steel, the distraction giving Tri just enough time to jump up, grabbing Saevic's sword-arm and neck, putting them in a tight vise. "You should know by now not to turn your back on me. It seems you've only gotten worse." He boasted, though the moment of victory wouldn't last.

The same female dragon from earlier rose up from the outer side of the wall, her wings audibly slicing the air as they flapped. As her form became visible, Tri let go of Saevic, who glared at him with a stone expression on his face. Both men rolled out of the way as her jaws bit down where they once stood, the strike clearly intended for Tri. "Don't let overconfidence be your undoing. It will get you killed." The demon said as he stood up straight. "Now... Run."

Tri did just that, sprinting down the length of the wall, towards the area where his sword had landed. As he did this, Saevic climbed on the dragon's head, the beast persuing the swordsman. Tri picked up his pace, feeling the searing heat of a fireball hot enough to melt steel creeping up behind him. The dragon's hellfire was just nearly ready to engulf its target as Tri retrieved his sword, carving a hole in mid-air and jumping into its blackness. As the fire spread over the length of the wall, scorching the stone which made up its foundation, Tri was nowhere to be seen.

Below the wall, on the ground, another rift opened, Tri calmly stepping out of it and staring down at Aohdei. Despite his calm demeanor, his heart was beating so fast that one would think it'd explode in his chest. He looked up, spotting the dragon and her rider flying overhead, back into the heart of the city to rejoin the battle. The battle in question had lost some of its intensity, but still raged on. After all, the armies of Ketra were strong-willed and expertly trained to deal with any threat. However, they weren't invincible, evidence of that being the numerous casualties they had sustained while knocking dragons from the sky and slaying them on the ground. With every beast they took down, about a dozen had to be sacrificed. Humans were not winning this fight.

After awhile, Tri looked down at Aohdei, holding out his hand to help him up. "You saved my life. I owe you a large debt for such an act." He said, still shaking and panting slightly. "My name is Tri Greysteel. And you?" He didn't hear Aohdei's name before a dragon crashed down right behind him, crushing a guardhouse in the process. It appeared to have been flung towards the ground by another, which wasn't so keen on destruction like the rest. Tri, turning to the dragon, readied his sword and narrowed his eyes as the monster picked itself up, roaring. "On second thought... Introductions can wait."

Magyar

"Pleasure's mine," Aohdei replied, and was about to take Tri's hand when the ground shook, and the building behind them shattered into wooden shards and glass dust. The Drake who was now flailing in the wreckage was a large one, by the dragon rider standard, and was a deep green with a pattern of chevron spots along his spine the colour of blood.

"Agreed," Aohdei said, and summoned another flaming harpoon, ready to fight. The beast had regained it's bearings and prepared to take off again in search of it's enemy. That was when Aohdei threw the harpoon, complete with a flaming rope, and impaled the right wing of the beast. A sabre formed in his left hand, and he called over the din of the dragon's cries, "Go! Cripple it!"

Sheshia

Kyselina sees a injured dragon. It didn't seem like it would fly again. She looks at the two who were involved with injuring one of her kin. She felt a flare of anger and at the same time pity for the dragon and Ketra. She just wanted this hell to end.

She angled herself and dove towards the dragon brining him down from the sky. She latches her hind claws into it's back to stop it squirming and hopefully stop it from making to much of a racket. Out of the corner of her eye she sees the two people responsible for harming the dragon in such a way. She grabs it's horns on its head and yanks it's neck backwards making it loose consousness.

Letting got of the dragon she glares at Aohdei and Tri with a deep hiss and she adjusts her body to the cat position of a cat and pounces. For all she knew is that they were enemies and could have been behind this.

(OOC:I am sooo sorry it took so long >.<'. Though the thread was dead.)

KingTyrant

Tri had lowered his sword to his hip, but as he was preparing to charge the wounded dragon and take it out, yet another winged beast had done that job for him. Sending it right back down, Tri witnessed the rope snap, embers flying everywhere as one end slingshotted straight back at Aohdei. "Watch out!" He growled, running over and sticking out an arm, the rope pinging off of it.

"Well... That takes care of that... Now, let's get out of dodge." He told his newfound ally, looking back up as he noticed the second dragon rear up, the look on the beast's face telling him they were in danger. He had noticed this one in the midst of the fighting... She wasn't like the others, burning and smashing through buildings and people. She had been fighting alongside them. But... There was a clear misunderstanding here. Was she on nobody's side?

Looking back at Aohdei, he was prepared to run. "Fast." That singular word was followed by the dragon's pounce, Tri taking off into a sprint around a corner, down an opposing street. He aimed for a broken sewer grate, being stopped by a smaller dragon which blocked the way right in front of them. Tri's eyes narrowed, but he didn't stop for anything. Even as the dragon opened its jaws, prepared to spew fire from its maw.

As it did this, Tri sidestepped the blaze, driving his blade straight up into his attacker's gullet. A fountain of blood spewed out, the beast roaring out in pain as it stumbled to one side. Tri swung his mighty sword upward, opening the wound even more and sending the dragon onto its back into a burning wreckage. "Now cook in silence, reptile!" He hissed violently. Looking back at where the other dragon was coming fast, he quickly hopped into the open sewer grate, hoping to escape from every danger above.

Magyar

Aohdei managed a flinch when his fiery rope was cut, expecting a whipcrack soon to come his way. Only when an odd plinking sound and the lack of immediate whipping occurred did he open his eyes cautiously. He shot a skeptical glance at his impromptu partner, before mumbling his thanks.

He was already focusing on summoning a new creature when the beast that cut his line threw itself at them. Scrambling to get his bearings and adjust to the situation, Aohdei barely managed to himself leap out of the way, leaving nothing but a cloud of ash in his wake. A shadow-jump around and behind the dragonness, and he was standing over the corpse of the larger fallen drake. He bit into the already gushing throat and began to drink deeply of the black blood, lapping at it madly as it flowed sluggishly from the jugular vein of the dead animal. He'd normally go for the heart, but he had no time.

Aohdei stood shakily, staggering in his footsteps. Inky blood that burned to the touch soaked the entire front of his chest and dripped from his beard. His amber irises glowed softly, and his pupils glazed over. He now shadow-ran past the smaller dragonness with ease, the inherent spell draining little energy from him. He caught up to Tri just in time to see him jump away yet again, but this time couldn't register in time to react himself. The wall of flame engulfed his small frame, drying the black blood into a crust on his skin and nearly incinerating his clothing. When Tri slit the throat of their foe, and cut off the flow of fire, little more than tatters were left on this small and bloody, wild-eyed man. The flame did the opposite for Aohdei as it had done for his clothes. It had fed his power, effectively overcharging his magical battery. Now when he moved it was almost always in puffs of ashen smoke, instantaneous teleportation, or near enough. He did the same to this new corpse as he had done with the other dragon, cupping its blood in his hands and drinking like a man dying of thirst. Now, though, he had both power and speed in his possession. Ripping the scales and ribs apart like wet paper, Aohdei massacred the remains of the reptilian beast, searching for the heart. He found, and consequently devoured the giant hunk of muscle, before joining Tri in the sewer. His eyes now glowed with such intensity that their luminescence lit the way in the darkened tunnel and reflected off of the liquid black that Aohdei wore now more than his own clothing, which was now dually soaked and charred.

"Let's be off, then." He said casually to Tri as his feet splashed into the murky looking sewage. He glanced behind him, then thoughtfully forward, and began to walk down into the twisting sewers.

Sheshia

With a growl She claws at the sewers. It was obvious that they were not responsible for this attack. But just rather trying to survive it. She taks a deep breath to get her barings. Everything happened to fast. Everything was fine one moment then Ketra was on Fire being burned to the ground with dragon Fire. It all made her go into a panic.
"Wait. Please." She looked into the sewer grate. "Sorry I attacked you two. Things happened to fast and I have no idea how or Why. But I was just testing you two. In a way." She blinks, theynwere small but other wise looked mostly okay, "You two are going to get lost down there. Or worse, the city could collapse on you with everything going on up here."
She thinks for a second, "How about I give you two a lift out of here. To amend for what I just did. And hopefully atleast save a few lives."

KingTyrant

Tri was already walking down the long tunnel that led to, what he hoped, was a way out of the city. He could hear the dragon that had been in persuit of them clawing at the broken grate he had jumped into, not daring to go back. That was... Until it spoke. At its pleas for them to return, Tri just scoffed. And have both him and his new acquaintance be killed? Sure. Still, they were better off in larger numbers... Plus, a dragon could be just the thing they needed to escape.

Walking back to where he stood just under the grate, he looked up at the dragonness. "And how can we know that you speak the truth? How am I to assume that you won't attack once we're up there?" He asked her. Stupid question... This was a creature the size of a building. A creature the size of a building that could breathe fire. They didn't need to necessarily be up above the sewers for her to end them right then and there. Giving a sigh, he nodded before glancing at Aohdei.

"We do need a safe way out of here..." Looking back up at her, he narrowed his eyes. "Look, I don't know who you're fighting for or why, but I do know who caused this." He told her. "If you two are confused about what's going on, I have the answers you're looking for. Unfortunately, the city is unsavable at this point. All we can hope is that the dragons leave it after it burns to cinder..." He shook his head, jumping up and grabbing the edge of the grate, pulling himself up.

He stood before the dragonness bravely, arms crossed. "My name is Tri Greysteel. My... Friend here is..." He paused, frowning as he realized that the man never got a chance to tell of his name. Man... Well, with that display he was giving, all covered in dragon's blood, most of which was smeared across his mouth, the term, man might've been a generous one. "If you can get us out of the city, I'll explain everything." He said after a bit, looking back at her, a defeated look on his face after not being able to come up with a name for his newest ally.

Magyar

"Aohdei." The Demon Prince said bluntly, "And I don't need a saviour."

He clasped Tri's forearm and said, "I thank you for your help in battle, and I'd wish that our paths crossed again, but this is my way out. I'll be damned if a dragonet saves my hide." Sliding out of the grip, he turned and began walking through the storm drain, towards the exit. They eventually dumped into the river and then flowed down to the ocean. Whether or not Aohdei would follow them all the way was up to the future.

"May you be safe in your travels Greysteel!" He told him, his deep timbre echoing in against the brick walls. "And if you ever have need of me, simply burn something and yell. I'll probably come." The glow emitted from his eyes while theatric was not substantial and it soon began to fade as his distance to the manhole increased.

Tags: