Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh prey [Jackiecat!]

Started by Medievarad, October 18, 2016, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

A snap. A whipping sound. Tan'un's ears perked when she heard the peculiar sounds. They were barely audible from her distance, yet the sound was so foreign to a forest that she couldn't help but hear it. And it was music to her ears. Immediately, the black panther turned on her feet, huffing softly and breaking into a sprint across the forest.

For a sound so foreign couldn't be anything but one of her traps. Which meant it was set off by fresh meat that would be her dinner. After a while of sprinting at the massive speeds her panther form allowed, the predator skidded to a halt, looking at one of her traps which was broken open. So, whatever was in there was wounded now, but the scent of blood  hung in the air. While she had to put in more effort than she would've liked, it was a start.

The panther padded in direction of where the scent of blood took her. At least it wasn't raining, else her nose would've been thrown off. After a short walk, she discovered a wounded deer that limped away desperately, calling out for help. Well, at least it wouldn't run from the huntress. With a soft huff, she morphed into her human form, taking her spear in hand.

She popped out of the brush and flung the spear at the deer with great strength, hitting it square in the throat. Tan'un let out a soft, content hum and walked over, dragging her prey away in the bushes.

JackieCat

Skiff was, frankly, kind of lost.

Not that he really minded, it wasn't as if he had tried to stay on a certain course, he had just been wandering.

His home was in Draconi forest, or, it was as close as a home as it could be to the scavenger, but one day as he was being chased from a wolf-shifter pack's territory, he had just kept running, even after they had stopped chasing him.

Maybe he needed a change, maybe he needed to get away for a while, and just travel, not having to worry about the other packs chasing him or attacking him every second.

So now he was wandering through a forest, but a forest that was different from his home, he knew.

He was a scavenger, and, admittedly wasn't very good at hunting, unless it was a mouse or a vole he was after.  Occasionally he was able to catch a rabbit, but he had been mostly been living on small rodents for the past week, since he'd been traveling.

He was quite hungry, even after eating a mouse, but that was when he smelled it.  Fresh blood, and not far off.

He set off at a run, but slowed to a trot when he caught the scent of another animal.  It was vaguely familiar, but he wasn't sure.  It could be the owner of the fresh prey, or it could be scavenger like him, whom he could hopefully scare off.

So, still in his wolf form, he crept forward, and then he caught sight of it, a deer, through the bushes.  He could see a shape near it, but couldn't tell how big the creature was.

He was so hungry, and in his haste, he crept forward to fast, not careful enough, and he loudly brushed against a branch.  He froze, the creature must have heard him. . .
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Medievarad

Even in her human form, Tan'un's ears were always perked and always listening. She heard sound shed rather not heard and turned around, charging forward.

As she jumped towards Skiff's general direction, mid-air, she morphed back into the form of her panther, aiming to pounce ontop of him.

JackieCat

Skiff yelped as the human shifted into a panther and landed on top of him, hard.

He struggled to get out from under her, but she was bigger than he was, and stronger.  Attempted to claw at her face, and his head whipped around, his jaws snapping.

This wasn't going to be worth it, he could already tell.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Medievarad

Tan'un roared in agony as her face was scratched, she recoiled slightly, before whiping her head back forward to chomp down on the paw that had harmed her, other claw pinning his other paw down, growling slightly as she boiled with anger.

JackieCat

Skiff howled in pain as her mouth closed around his paw, and as her claws dug into his other paw.

She was way to string and way too big, there was no way he was winning this fight.

'Okay, okay!' he yelped. 'Don't kill me!'
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

She disloged her teeth and claw from his flesh, still shooting him a wary glance.

The soft growling subsided and the panther sat up, morphing back to her human form, still ontop of Skiff. "You.. Talk the human?" She asked, blood trickling down her face.

JackieCat

Dang, she was scary.

He turned into his own human form, hoping that it would show he didn't want to fight, and nodded at her broken sentence.

"Yeah," he said, still breathing heavily, his eyes darting around her face. "I do."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

Tan'un sent the other antromorph a wary glance, before pushing herself off, rubbing the blood off her face. Which was wholly ineffective, the clawmark he left still made it so blood trickled down her cheeks. "Leave," she snorted, standing up straight and heading back to the fresh prey she had caught.

As she walked, she got on all fours, having changed back to the form of her panther. She closed her teeth around the deer's neck and started to rip it to shreds.

JackieCat

Skiff turned over as soon as she got off of him, exposing his stomach was not something he wanted to do for any longer than necessary.

When she went back to her prey and told him to leave, Skiff hesitated.  "Actually. . ." this was going to be a huge mistake, but he had already started. "I'm kind of hungry. . ."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

Tan'un, in her panther form, glanced at him, snarling softly and notioning at the prey, before proceeding to eat herself.

JackieCat

Skiff took this as a yes, and, surprised as he was, he cautiously walked over to her, morphing back into his wolf form.

He carefully stuck his head out and took a quick bite before drawing back, unsure if she would change her mind or not even have meant it in the first place.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

Tan'un snarled softly as he approached, though it wasn't in a threatening matter. It was more of a warning to Skiff. That he was still keeping an eye on him.

After a short while, Tan'un would take several steps back, licking her mouth clean from the blood.

JackieCat

Seeing that she wasn't going to attack him in the immediate future, Skiff stepped forward again and started to eat.

When she stepped back after a few moments, Skiff did as well, he didn't want her thinking he was going to eat more than she was.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

Shifting back to her human form, Tan'un stepped over to stretch her shoulders. "Done?" She inquired, glancing at Skiff.

JackieCat

Skiff nodded, he didn't want to be greedy and pay with his life.  He shifted back to a human when she did.

"Thanks," he said. "Do ya live around here?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

Tan'un glanced at him as he went back into his human form aswell, she slid a stone dagger from underneath the fur waistband she wore, hezding over to skin and cut up the prey, considering her answer carefully.

"Yes," she breathed after a short while.

JackieCat

Skiff smiled a little at her blunt response, and he motioned at the trees around him. "Um, it's a. . ." he struggled for words. "A very nice place you got here.  It must be, uh, great for. . . uh hunting."

Usually he was quite good at talking to people, mostly to get himself out of trouble, but this shifter was very different from the wolves that he most often interacted with.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Medievarad

Tan'un glanced at Skiff again. "I move when prey lacks," she pointed the knife at him. "Follow nature. Respect... Or die," she stated simply, flicking the knife around and plunging it back into the remnants of the creature.

JackieCat

"Oh," he jumped a bit when she stabbed the creature again.  "That's. . . nice."

He glanced around, then back at the shifter. "What are you going to do with that?" he motioned towards the animal carcass. "Do you have a place to store it?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: