Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Sand

Started by Magyar, November 21, 2016, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

Bolion made a face, and said, "Peeling. It's like a sunburn but ten times worse," As he spoke he lightly plucked the vest off of his raw shoulder, and peered in, "Yeah it's gone down a few layers too. Probably going to scar up like a waffle."

He paused a second, and grinning mischievously, continued, "I'm just glad I decided to throw you out instead of through the wall. Not gonna lie, I was actually considering it, but I guess I didn't really want to hurt you... that bad, anyways."

DragonSong

Della curled her lip and glared at him. "You know, I was gonna apologize about the burns, but now I don't think I really care enough," she muttered.

Magyar

Bolton let out a laugh, and replied, "Don't apologize. I earned these, and I'll acknowledge that."

There was a silence, but he changed subjects, "Do you think you overpaid for Rain?"

DragonSong

She shrugged and patted her mount's neck. "Nah. He's a good boy, been putting up with a lot. A good horse is worth his weight in gold, far as I'm concerned."

Rain tossed his head as though he knew she was praising him and she smiled. "A good horse saved my life once," she added easily. It seemed once she was talking about animals, she could be quite chatty. "Never really paid much mind to cost after that."

Magyar

"Well Camels cost about a horse and a half out here, and not saying that he's a bad mount, but if we get hit by a sand storm or go a while without a lot of water he'll drop like a fly in a fire. And I don't think that the sand will be good for either of them," he patted Orrin's neck as he spoke, "It's too deep. We're actually going to a bazaar, to get some supplies, so we should sell the horses while we're there."

Magyar

Bolion smiled to himself, and pounced on the opportunity, "Well, we could always eat the horses, burn down the bazaar and take the all the camels and supplies we need free of charge. We could start a trading company with the resources! Think of the profits!" He grinned slyly, "But that's just my judgement of the situation."

DragonSong

Della started, stared at him with wide eyes, then scowled.

"Oh haha," she snapped. "I hope to gods you're good at your job, with all I've put up with from you," she muttered grouchily.

Magyar

"I could tell you that I'm fantastic, but I doubt that'll convince you." He replied, "But I guess I'm good enough for our employer, so you'll have to suffice with that."

He stood another drink, sparingly this time, from the skin and tossed it back to Della.

DragonSong

She caught it one handed and took a swig, then tossed it back. She fell quiet, either contemplative or just zoning out as she stared around at what seemed to her to be a never changing landscape of sand and heat.

Magyar

The sky rotated slowly, the sun rising high, and then lowering, blue shifting into red and the heat of the desert leaving the sands. Bolion dismounted Orrin after riding in the dark for a few minutes, their way lighted by the stars. The entire galaxy was visible, a stripe of light peppered with dark flecks breaking the pinpricks of white and red that made up the stars of nighttime.

"I love desert stars," Bolion said to Della, his eyes all the while locked on the heavens.

DragonSong

She'd been glancing up every few moments, rather fascinated despite herself. "Guess its real clear out here," she murmured as she dismounted.

Magyar

"There's a legend that the gods had a great battle," Bolion explained, "and in their monumentous rage tore the heavens asunder. And that the white stuff, the star clusters, were the flashes of heaven, holes in our world through which we could see a place we were never supposed to." He sighed, reminiscing to his childhood, "But that's just a legend, as far as the astronomers are concerned. I still like it though."

DragonSong

"Hmph." Della didn't comment, just set about making camp, but she seemed oddly thoughtful as she went about the familiar motions.

Magyar

"Whatcha thinking' about," Bolion asked rather childishly, his standard demeanour showing again in his behaviour. Coming back to the desert was good for him. It made him feel comfortable in ways riding a horse with two people, one of which was a tailed blue lady, did not. Nonetheless, he'd noted her relative silence, and unless she was very angry with him, he couldn't see a reason why she should be.

DragonSong

She glanced up at him out of the corner of her eye. "What? Oh, nothing. Just..." She shrugged and shook her head. "Nothing. I'm tired, that's all."

She spread her bedroll out and started tracing a circle in the sand with her foot, marking out a place to start a fire. Her tail flicked, trapped against her leg by her breeches and she fidgeted uncomfortably.

Magyar

"Are you getting a dress for that?" Bolion inquired, speaking plainly about the twitching bulge in her pants. He snickered to himself as he thought the words, thinking of a very different kind of pant bulge. He unrolled his bedroll next to the now resting Orrin, and laid on the ground stretching out, running the sand through his fingers.

DragonSong

Della made a face at him and rolled her eyes. "I suppose I'll have to. This is just so uncomfortable."

She fidgeted a little more, then gave a small growl of frustration. "Fuck this," she muttered, stripping off her breeches before climbing into her bedroll.

She certainly wasn't used to just lounging about in her smallclothes, but it was preferable to having her tail all scrunched up against her leg.

Magyar

Bolion's eyes widened, then he grinned, and let out a low whistle, "Should I be paying for this?"
As soon a second the words left his mouth, he ducked under his arms in anticipation of something, he didn't know what. He'd just come to expect a retaliation at this point, but hey, that's why he bugged her.

DragonSong

Della gaped at him, then growled, flushing almost azure blue. "Oh fuck off!" she grumbled, reaching for the nearest object to chuck at his head- which happened to be the water skin.

Not the most effective projectile, but at least it made her feel better. Still blushing, she ducked into her sleeping roll in an attempt to cover herself.