Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Sand

Started by Magyar, November 21, 2016, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

Bolion laughed innocently, and picked up the water skin. "Thanks, the show was making me kind of thirsty." 

He leapt over the sleeping horse and hid behind him, sure that she wouldn't throw things if injuring one of that animals was a possibility.

DragonSong

"You-!" She dove for her pack, then realized he was using the horse as cover and sat back with a low growl.

"Coward," she accused. "Some merc you are."

Magyar

He only laughed more, his sides beginning to hurt. Calling back over the horse. He said, "My face is my only pretty asset. I can't have you busting it up now can I?"

He snuck back around the horse, hands above his head the entire time. "Don't kill me!"

DragonSong

Della snorted at him with yet another roll of her eyes. I swear, traveling with him I'm gonna get them stuck up there.

"I won't kill you if you don't look at me," she retorted.

Magyar

"Ah, but the eye is naturally drawn to beauty, is it not?" He said in a mockingly noble accent, trying to give off as pretentious an air as he could. He laid cautiously down on his bedroll, still watching her in case she decided to throw something at him again.

DragonSong

Della made an obscene gesture in his direction and rolled over to put her back to him, evidently trying to ignore him as she started to drift off.

Magyar

"Goodnight Dell," he said as he mimicked her motions, and settled into his own roll. He just hoped that the desert was kind, and didn't hit them with a storm in the middle of the night.

DragonSong

"...Night." She was asleep fairly quickly, utterly oblivious to the world she was so deeply asleep.

Magyar

A night dreamless was a gift, and Bolion relished it. He slept deeply, and woke early, for the first time in a while truly rested. The sun was high when he woke, and the heat already dry and baking. He had been preparing some dry rations, when a touch of curiousity struck him. Della was still fast asleep, and he'd been dying to try something a second time, however the opportunity had never presented itself.

Now was the opportunity, be he was apprehensive. The negative consequences could be larger than he was willing to acknowledge, but his curiosity dug at him until he lay down the jerky and dried fruit that he'd been sorting into daily portions, and walked over to Della's Roll, and tried to guess where the tip of her tail would be. He peeled back the blanket where he'd guessed, surprisingly close. He paused again, weighing the consequences, and telling himself that he could back out now, and she'd never know. Then impulsively, he gently picked up the very tip between his thumb and forefinger, and massaged it in a circular motion, watching intently for her reaction.

DragonSong

Della was in the middle of a strange but pleasant enough dream involving flying trout and a talking fox.

When Bolion grabbed her tail however, she found herself floating closer to consciousness. But she wasn't quite there yet, still dozing. A small sound slipped passed her lips, something between a whimper and a sigh.

When his fingers started rubbing, her spine arched and she whimpered again, then moaned quietly. Her hips squirmed and she blinked fuzzily, lips slightly parted as she drew in a sharp breath.

Magyar

Bolion smiled, pleased that he'd been right in his assumption. He quickly released her tail and went back to rationing out the foodstuffs, pretending as though he'd been there the entire time.

"Morning Sunshine!" He said sarcastically, shoot a glance her way.

DragonSong

Panting lightly, flushed and confused, Della sat up quickly and looked around. "Wh-what-?"

She swallowed and ran a hand through her hair before remembering she was wearing her stupid turban-tunic.

Gods, what on earth had she been dreaming about?

She shook her head and tried to adjust the mess on top of her head. "Gods, it is too damn hot," she groaned, reaching for the water skin- then remembering she'd chucked it at her companion's head the previous night.

Magyar

"I said good morning. It's a common practice among the living." He joked, and tossed her the wineskin. "We should be off soon. What're you freakin out about?"

DragonSong

She caught it and took a swig, muttering, "Morning."

Her tail twitches under the bedroll and she shot it a quick glance. That usually happened when she was on edge, but she'd thought she'd had better control over it.

"I'm not freaking out," she added quickly as she got to her feet and pulled on her breeches. Her tail, already sensitive, flicked in protest and she drew in a sharp breath before wrapping it firmly around her leg.

Magyar

"You okay there?" He asked, holding in a laugh, "And yeah, you're twitchy."

DragonSong

"I'm fine! I just..." She trailed off and suddenly squinted at him suspiciously.

"What did you do? You're acting far too pleased with yourself."

Magyar

"I haven't done a thing," he said in mock offense, feigning innocence, "That you'd naturally assume my behaviour is a result of your personal lack of control over your tail is simply astounding. I'm hurt, Deloria. I'm hurt."

He rolled up his sleeping mat, and packed away the daily rations. As soon as he turned away from her a smile cracked across his face, and he roused Orrin from his sleeping position.

"Come now, we're burning moonlight. Up and up!"

DragonSong

"Who said anything about my tail?" she demanded suspiciously as she set about packing up her own supplies. Still grumbling, she moved to Rain and slung the pack over his withers before mounting up.

Magyar

"It was twitching around." He said hastily, and changed the subject, "Well we should be off."

He mounted Orrin, swinging up onto the saddle, and set off at a walk. He adamantly refused to meet her gaze, because he knew if he did, he would break. Once he started laughing, he wouldn't be able to stop, and he would be found out.

DragonSong

Well...it had been, she supposed.

Still eyeing him warily, Della urged Rain into an easy pace alongside Orrin. "How far should we get tonight?" she asked, still watching Bolion out of the corner of her eye.