Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Grown up (P)

Started by Salzem, December 19, 2016, 09:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

Emia and her twin, Izayah, had been sparring for what seemed to be several minutes now, neither being able to gain a definitive edge upon the other. Emia dodged her brother's heavy-handed wooden practice-blade swings, he shook off her weaker pokes and jabs. It was at this point that they were both starting to feel the exhaustion of their seemingly endless brawl. It was speed against strength as the two siblings warred it out with eachother of their own amusement, but also in their own sibling-rivalry. As they grew older, the two started to form a competitive drive with one another, determined to find out for certain which one of them was superior, a drive that wouldn't be settled with one, two, or several battles. Up 'till now, they have fought 99 times with Emia leading with a 50/49 edge as she took down her brother (barely) in their last bought. Now, once again, they stood huffing and puffing a ways distance from one another as their parents looked on, watching the battle as if it were some kind of sport.

"Izayah's improved a lot since last time..." Lanister noted, looking over at his wife to catch her reaction. Such things have evolved from something they had tried to stop to something they had grown to enjoy as friendly competition, knowing full well that neither Izayah or Emia had any fowl intentions with their little wooden swords. "But Emia has too... Its hard to tell who has the advantage..." He made similar comments all the past fights, both twins seeming to train for the soul purpose of besting each-other rather than for their own skill and training. Emia was more sly with her blade, but Izayah was a better swordsman. Emia was faster, but Izayah was stronger. Emia worked around Izayah's defenses while he powered through hers. With such a balance of attributes, it was nearly impossible to detect the victor that would come out of this fight, each parent secretly placing bets on which one would win this round.

Emia ran at Izayah, bringing her blade downwards as if she intended to strike the top of his head. He raised his own, the edge of her weapon striking the flat of his own. She gritted her teeth in effort and frustration as she attempted to overpower her brother, the fact that she hadn't beaten him yet getting to her head. Izayah, despite struggling under the weight of his sister's strike, managed to hold his ground before suddenly, he shoved his sister's blade back, swinging her weapon arm wide, effectively making it useless and making her stumble backwards. Seeing his moment, Izayah quickly swung his sword down, the edge of the wooden weapon smacking Emia upon the top of her skull. The light faded from her crimson eyes and she fell back, stunned and defeated with her back pressing against the grass. Izayah had beaten her with a (once again) tied score of 50/50. Lanister snapped his fingers and squinted his eyes, somewhat disappointed that Emia had lost, betting on her superior strength and blade-work to make it around Izayah's more knight-like battlestyle. Still, he smiled widely and walked over to his children, first checking on Emia to make sure she was okay. Besides a few bruises where Izayah had managed to strike her before, Emia was okay, sitting up and glaring at her twin in disgust.

"....I lost..." She forcefully admitted, Lanister smiling in response. "Feh... I'll beat you next time, brother." She growled before getting to her feet, not one ounce of her hot-headed competitive drive lost in that moment.

Blink

Nevayah secretly wanted Izayah to win only for the sake of his pride the entire time. While Emia accelerated at many things, swordsmanship was Izayah's passion. During the entire sparring session she held a concerned look on her face, not able to help how she felt about it. In response to Lanister's remark of who had the advantage Nevayah knew he was wrong. Speaking just loud enough for her husband to hear her she countered his statement. "Izayah has the heart..."

Izayah was as cool headed as could be while sparing against his sister. She had improved significantly over the years, her speed and level of precision almost equal to his own. However, Izayah had been practicing far longer than his dear sister, and it showed in the brute strength he carried with each blow. Determined to settle the score of being bested last time Izayah fought with almost everything he had as his parents watched on. With one final move he tapped his sister on the head with his wooden practice sword knowing he had won this round. Except with his win did not come a celebration, but a serious thought in the back of his mind at how quickly Emia was catching up to him. It hurt his pride and his resolve as he thought of how unfair it was she was attempting to surpass him yet again on another level.

Letting the point of his wooden sword hit the ground Izayah drug the tip through the grass before pulling it back up examining it. Izayah would have laughed at his sister's response of beating him next time if he did not wholeheartedly believe she was serious. "I'm sure" was all he could manage to say before dropping the wooden sword, letting it fall to the ground with a light thud. From there he gave his mother and father a look, not hateful but not happy either. It's not that he hated his sister, but his pride was definitely damaged even if he did win. To Izayah it should not have been such a close fight, they should not have been so evenly matched.

"Well as much fun as it was beating you Emia I have to get back to work." Izayah sounded only a little cocky with his statement. Over the last few years he had been earning an allowance helping out around the house and small farm. Helping allowed his father to work more at the tavern and his mother more time to work on her tonics. With the allowance he had been earning he was saving up for a better sword, better than the one given to him by his sister when he was just a boy. From time to time he still practiced with it, if not only to feel the weight of real metal in his hands, but it was just as useless as the wooden ones they sparred with as far as he was concerned.

Heading off to the barn to tend to the horses Izayah picked up a pitchfork and slung it over his shoulder ready to begin sifting the hay. Nevayah watched as her son walked off proud of the man he was turning into. "Well I have to get to work to. I have a whole order of tonic's I have to get to town to be shipped out tonight." Nevayah had been busy lately as well. With the overall health of everyone in their village remaining steady thanks to her tonics she almost ran out of customers. That was until Emria suggested she start shipping her tonics out to further away villages that could use them. Of course Nevayah hardly ever made her 'miracle' tonic anymore and when she did it was only for someone that she knew in their own village. All of this was to protect her family, not wanting a repeat of what happened years before. Realizing Izayah was headed where she needed to go she shouted out to him. "Izayah could you get one of them ready and bring it to me!"

Turning back to the sound of his mother's voice Izayah finally shot a smile, happy to help his mother whenever she needed it. Within ten minutes he had brought her one of their horses saddled with a bag and ready to go.

Salzem

Emia scowled at her brother's cocky little response before picking up both swords and heading back inside herself, not saying a word as an obvious dark cloud floated above her head. She adjusted her scarf, running a finger along the inside sharply, as if it were a rope constricting her throat. Between losing and Izayah's arrogance, she was in no mood to talk to her parents, to hear their so obviously forced congratulations and encouragement. She knew they both were looking at her brother who had a year-or-so training on her. She knew they didn't vote and hope for the underdog... Then again, this may had been her rage talking but she didn't bother to care. The brown-haired girl briskly walked back into the house with Lanister close behind, not wanting to leave is daughter in such a heated state.

This normally happened every time she lost... It seemed that in the 10 years they had grown up that Izayah and Emia had switched personalities. His little girl had become the impulsive one, the hot-headed, impatient little one that wanted nothing more than to best her brother. Lanister found it quite... amusing how her personality did a complete 180 from the sweet little angel he used to hold in his arms. Although she would still welcome a good hug... she was a completely different girl now. Swiping a stack of paper off of the kitchen counter, Emia slapped the pile down upon the table, taking a piece and began folding it, already becoming an elaborate creature by the time Lanister approached her. Tapping a finger on her shoulder softly, Lanister sat down beside his little Emia, watching her fingers manipulate the paper into something resembling a bird.

"I lost, dad..." Emia said, setting down the paper bird in front of her before picking up another sheet of paper, folding it like she did the one prior. "I was so close... and I lost..." Lanister could see the tears of frustration well up in her eyes as she reminisced about her fight. She WAS just one move away from winning, but her more experienced brother picked up the fight at the last second... Lanister could see how that might've grated on her nerves... He could understand why she felt this way. With a sigh, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, giving her a gentle side-hug.

"You'll get him next time." He said with a hopeful grin, one that managed to spread somewhat into the lips of his daughter. "I know you will... I'm sure Izayah appreciates having someone who he can spar with, someone like you he can learn from. It seems like you two have fun out there."

"Yeah..." She laughed, setting down another paper bird before meeting her father's eyes. "I do..."

It was then that he heard Nevayah call for something outside, followed by the *cloping* of one of their horses making its way around the front of the house. Patting his little girl on the shoulder, Lanister got up and made his way over to the front door, pulling it open and seeing Izayah holding a saddled horse for his mother.

"Going somewhere?" Lanister asked, leaning against the doorframe, looking directing at his wife... Even ten years later and she was just as hot as she was they day they met....

Blink

Nevayah began running her hands along the saddle of the horse making sure Izayah had tightened everything appropriately. Her attention was then turned to the voice behind her, one that caused her to smile immediately. Turning around her eyes quickly caught site of the beautiful man she had the pleasure of being married to. "I told you earlier. I have to get supplies to town before nightfall so that it can go out with the next group." Walking towards Lanister she rested a hand on his cheek before slipping past him in the doorway letting her fingers fall off of his face. From there she walked over to a wooden bin full of various bottles of different concoctions and picked it up struggling a bit with how heavy it was but managing nonetheless.

Taking the bin she carried it outside placing it on the ground next to the horse and began filling the bags attached to the saddle, careful not to break any of the fragile glass containers. If any of her family members offered a helping hand she would take it, happy to have any assistance. "I should be back in a few hours, hopefully before nightfall. Emia if you could start dinner and make sure our boys are fed that would be a big help." Hoping Lanister was now standing outside with her Nevayah would then turn around and plant a passionate kiss on his lips before mounting the horse and taking off towards town.

Izayah watched as his mother rode off before turning towards his father. "So now that mother is gone we can have fun right?" The smaller version of his parents then walked up to the wooden sword he discarded on the ground a bit ago and picked it up, swinging it around a bit as if to tempt his father. He then took a defensive stance against Lansiter holding the sword pointed in his direction. "I know your scared but its okay..." Izayah tilted his head to the side a bit with a cocky grin on his face. "... I won't hurt you too bad"

Salzem

"Of course... How could I forget..." He murmured, leaning in for a kiss before Nevayah slipped inside the house, grabbing a wooden bin practically full to overflowing with her various tonics, likely with not one of her special "miracle cure" blend among them. Couldn't have people from other villages learn about Nevayah's unique blood or what she makes with it lest they have another demon-crisis all over again, but this time, with a hostile swarm of humans. Helping his beautiful Nevayah with her tonics, Lanister shouldered some of the weight, taking the other side of the bin of tonics and setting it down beside the horse before helping her load it into the saddle.

When Nevayah called into the household for Emia to be the one to help make dinner, she rolled her sanguine eyes, clearly not wanting to disrupt her paper-folding for cooking. Still... they all had to eat and she didn't exactly trust her brother to know the kitchen as well as she did. With a sigh, she stood up from her place at the table, walking up to her mother and giving her a strong hug.

"'kay mom..." She sighed before smiling softly, stepping back and letting her two parents have a moment. Smiling tenderly, Lanister accepted the kiss from his wife, placing a hand on her cheek to hold her to him for just a moment or two longer before she broke their contact. The two shared a long and meaningful gaze, staring into eachother's eyes as if to make a promise, one that would come full circle tonight. With a wistful breath, Lanister let her go, watching her mount the horse and ride off until she was no longer in sight... what a woman she was.... His love-struck moment was broken when Izayah decided to try and earn a little bit of the pride he had lost earlier by challenging him to a fight, swinging his little wooden blade around as if to intimidate him or egg him on. The older tainted only smirked and Emia began laughing. She laughed so hard at her brother's arrogance, he might as well have told the funniest joke ever told.

"Oh man... Dad's going to dunk you..." She snickered before fetching her blade and handing it to her father, Lanister looked down at his wooden sword, seemingly examening it's edge before suddenly, he ducked down low and shot his leg out, taking Izayah's feet out from under him in sweeping kick. The smaller child would fall to the ground and the moment his sword arm hit the ground, Lanister would kick the sword's pommel hard enough that it shot out of his opponent's hand before holding pointing his sword's point at Izayah's belly, holding it there for a moment. Then, he poked him... and then again... and then again, each poke striking him in a sensitive spot, likely causing him to burst out laughing as his torso was wracked with tickles. Meanwhile, Emia just watched with a smile on her face, enjoying herself.

"Concede." Lanister demanded, still poking his son's stomach. "Concede and the tickling will stop."

Blink

Izayah thought for the briefest of moments that maybe today would be the day he could get a blow on his father. He was quickly shown however that today would not be that day as his back slammed onto the ground from his feet being kicked out from under him. Laying there with his sword already having been taken Izayah was defenseless against his fathers next move of poking at him with the sword. Halfway curling up he swatted at the end of the sword with his hand trying to keep it away only to have it come back with his fathers warning. "I concede! I concede!" Izayah's voice broken by full on laughter.

It was moments like this that Izayah always tried to keep locked away in his mind for a time when he needed them. Moments when his entire family was happy with laughter not thinking of anything else. The only shame being that his mother was not there to be apart of it. Sitting up with a hand still protecting his stomach Izayah held the other in the air if not another way of trying to show his surrender. "I don't think its fair though that I be the only one attacked with such an evil power" Izayah was holding up a brow and looking back and forth from his sister to his father suggesting they get her next. With or without his father's help Izayah would then run at Emia with full force tickling her as much as he could before she herself admitted defeat.

Nevayah arrived at town within minutes at the medicinal store she often supplied to. Luckily they were just now starting to load the wagon that would distribute her's and others supplies to other towns. Her face had become quite recognizable to those she did her dealings with and every single person she trusted to an extent. For years she had been dealing with the same group and by now assumed if they were onto anything they would have already acted, but then again none of them had ever gotten their hands on her 'miracle' tonic. After signaling for someone to unload the supplies on her horse Nevayah consulted with the doctor who would be delivering her tonics and went down a long list of what each specific bottle was for and how to use it most effectively.

Salzem

Even Izayah, with his body honed by training with his sister, could not stand up to the brutal attacks Lanister was laying upon his soul. Each poke created a new string of laughter and another burst of tickle. It wasn't long until he gave up his his struggle to stay in the fight, conceding rather early into the attack. Slowly, Lanister moved away, dropping his sword as well smiling widely at his son's enjoyment. His idea, however, was what made Lanister's smile go from playful to nefarious. Slowly, he turned his gaze from Izayah to Emia, her expression changing from a confused smile from one of horror.

"NO-" She managed to get out before both of them fell upon her, pulling her to the ground as their fingers poking her belly and sides, causing her burst out in laughter, shaking her head each time they demanded he give up

"N.... No!" She giggled, struggling against the combined assault of her brother and father. "I won't!" But her defiance didn't last long. Purely due to her laughing so hard and so often, her sides began to ache, her eyes began to tear up, and she just couldn't take it anymore.

"Ffffine! FINE! I GIVE UP! I GIVE UUUUP!" Emia howled, on the verge of passing out due to the sheer exaustion between her laughter and being poked in general. With a laugh of his own, Lanister wrapped an arm around each of his little kids, hugging them to his chest with as much love as he was capable. He smiled in a way only a proud, happy father could as he looked into the eyes of his beautiful children.

"I love you both..." He murmured before placing a soft kiss on each of their foreheads, hugging them a little tighter. "You two are the best things to ever happen to me, you know that...?" Lanister laughed again, before being embraced by Emia herself, smiling up at her daddy with the sweetest grin, one that could only belong to someone like her.

"I love you too, dad..." She declared, hugging him a little tighter. "You're the best dad ever." To that, Lanister's smile grew a little wider as he gently pressed his forehead to hers. He loved them more than words could ever describe... it was like they were a part of him... more a part of him than even his arm or leg... they were like part of his soul and he'd do anything to protect them and make sure they grew up right. Emia then turned to her brother, giving him a sly sneer before jabbing him in the side with her finger. Before he could retort with his own, She would then wrap her arms around him her chin resting on his shoulder. "I love you too, bro..." She whispered, hugging him tightly. Despite their rivalry, Izayah and Emia were still the best of friends, as close they could possibly be to one another. She loved and cared about him so much... almost as much as Daddy did... As they sat outside, just huddled together, Lanister could think of no place he would rather be... If only Nevayah were here...

Blink

In town Nevayah was finishing up her instructions to the doctor heading out when a voice snapped her out of her deep conversation. "Nevayah! Well I'll be damned! I should have known this is where you would come to!" Immediately she recoiled at the voice whipping her head to see the fat man walk around to her from the other side of the cart. Her eyes then shot around at all the people she had come to know and thought for sure her cover would be blown at any moment. Lanister for sure would feel the unease in his own chest as their blood bond was still alive and strong after all these years, even her children may feel the initial uneasiness.

The fat man chuckled some as he looked her up and down walking towards her, the metal on his uniform clinking with each wobbly step. Meanwhile Nevayah was in such shock she really did not know how to react. Of course this man was who supplied the two young tainteds at the time with the means to leave Essyrn, but she assumed it was for his own sake. Between Lanister holding the barrel of a gun to his face and then shortly after Nevayah she had just assumed he wanted them gone. Technically, by all legality in Essyrn this man still owned Nevayah and Lanister. But this was not Essyrn.. it was a land of free people.

Still in shock Nevayah was frozen in place choking on her words trying to make everything seem as normal as possible to those around her. "Hey now deary no need to be so shocked I'm just passing through. It was pure chance that I ran into you." Nevayah took a step back from the man holding a hand up to her friends who seemed to be on edge as well. "No worries guys. This is just an old friend" her voice was shaky but convincing enough as everyone seemed to ease up a bit. It took her a minute to realize that if he meant any harm the two guards following a few steps behind him would have already acted. From there the conversation was more friendly as the two caught up.

At home Izayah felt slightly concerned the sun was setting and his mother had not arrived yet. He had felt a little uneasy earlier, but not so much to act on. Still outside he was sitting in the grass with his back against their house as he watched the road his mother should be traveling on. Not longer after the sound of horses coming up the path caused Izayah to ease up just a bit until he realized he was hearing horses... and not just one.

Salzem

Lanister's moment of happiness was struck down before it could truely take shape, a familiar fear racing through his system as his blood-bond with Nevayah kicked in. He felt a certain unease that could only be attributed to one person, one man who had made their lives as free people living hell for the first time.

"Izayah, get me your sword." Lanister demanded, referring to his actual, metal blade. "Emia, get me a horse ready. I'm going out." Without missing a beat, the elder tainted slipped inside the house and grabbed his 3-barrel pistol, essentially his trump-card and his only remaining reminder of his time in Eyssrn... That, and the scars that marked Nevayah's body. If Izayah complied, Lanister would take the blade and the sheath, fastening it to his side before hopping up on the horse Emia had provided for him. He looked down at his children with a soft, if intensely serious gaze. What he was about to say he expected to be followed to the letter.

"Emia, Izayah, you are to head inside. You are not to open that door for anyone but your mother and me under any circumstances. If we are not back in an hour or two, go into town and find Emria. You know where her house is. Ask to stay the night..." He paused for a moment, looking down at his two children before offering a soft smile. "I love you two... Very much..." And with that, he rode off into the darkness, leaving Emia and Izayah alone. The girl looked at her brother, a clear worried expression on her face. She could tell he felt it too... the reason why dad rode off so fast... Dad's voice was strict, however and his orders were clear. Even if Izayah was sharing the same thought that they should chase after him... Daddy was serious and he always knew best.

"Lets go inside, brother."  Emia said, tugging at his sleeve. She would pull him inside whether he resisted or not, shutting the door in behind her and turning the lock before backing away slowly as if it were going to be busted in. With the exception of when the faceless demon traumatized them as children, Emia had never been more scared in her life, especially for her parents. And what about them? If (by some impossibility) this creature Dad was chasing managed to get past them and through the door, how were they supposed to protect themselves? Knives hardly worked on anything, she knew that form experience... What were they going to do, throw plates at it?

It took Lanister a few minutes, but he had caught up with the caravan, riding up behind Nevayah and witnessing what he had dreaded from the moment he felt her distress. There, standing in front of them was the fat man, Nevayah's former slave-master and the one Lanister almost killed on his way to rescuing her... The hell was he doing here...?

"The hell are you doing here?" Lanister growled, speaking his thoughts out loud. His hand inched towards the sword that rested on his hip just WAITING for the slave-master to try something. Anything hostile move would give the tainted ample reason to cut his sodding head off and he could easily play it as self defense. He was a mistake Lanister loathed leaving uncorrected.

Blink

Nevayah had already figured out the large man meant no harm by the time Lanister arrived. She should have known he would come, feeling the terror from their blood bond. She could feel from the moment he left the house that he was drawing closer, so when he came up on his horse she was not surprised but the fat man was. Holding up two hands showing he meant no harm the fat man chuckled to himself. "And here is Lanister!" The man stared at Lanister in complete awe, still somewhat seeing the two as the prizes he let get away. "My how you have grown into a strong young man. Look at you!"

The fat man's guards copied Lanister's actions, holding the hilts of their swords as well. "No need for violence young man. It was simply coincidence I saw Nevayah today." Nevayah nodded in agreement with the fat man. "We were just catching up, he is on his way to Reajh of Connlaoth for business."

"It's true, I have no interest in either of you anymore. To be honest the two of you opened my eyes. I no longer deal with trading live merchandise... too much trouble. You two alone cost me a lot of money in which I lost. I always saw you two as an... investment. The day I found the two of you was like a call from the heavens, both for sale on the same day." The fat man began to chuckle again as if the story he was telling wasn't a dark one. "My original plan was to use you two to make more of your kind. I know it was wrong now so please don't judge me too harshly on it.

Nevayah's heart dropped a bit at his story. It didn't take a genius to realize what he had in store for them in the beginning. He was going to force them to have children and then sell them like animals. The man was arrogant, that was for sure, but Nevayah truly believed he meant what he said about seeing how wrong it all was now. "Well I am happy you have changed your ways..."

At the house Izayah was on edge wondering what was going on. It also did not help that Emia was so afraid, he did not like seeing her like this.

Salzem

Lanister scowled as the overweight salesman spoke his name and complimented him, his nose wrinkling as if he had smelled something fowl. This man didn't have the right to even be in their presence, let alone be talking to them and EVEN LESS SO complimenting him on the man he had become like he had a hand in that.

"And look at you. You've obviously been generous with your diet and expenses. Blood-money, perhaps?" Lanister's sarcasm was only covering the fact that he had already scanned the group of men this unpleasantly plump proprietor had brought with him, each looking far more mean and professional than the chumps he had with him back in Eyssrn. Each one had a hand on the pommel of their swords, watching him just as intently, perhaps praying to themselves as well that Lanister would try something. The large lug of lard raised his hands up in something of a pacifist gesture, claiming that violence was unnecessary, that he ran into his wife purely by chance. Yeah... chance his foot... Out of all the damned places, he was here, right when Nevayah was out delivering her tonics one night? No... it seemed to perfect... Lanister glared down at the massive man, getting ready to call him out on his obvious lies before Nevayah.... agreed with him...? Even adding that they were "catching up...?" Why was she treating him like an old friend!? This was the man that had Nevayah locked up in a cage, beaten and drugged! This was the guy Lanister smashed over the head with a pistol after killing all his men! This was a man that represented walking slavery and abuse, years of it that both he and Nevayah had to endure and she was treating it so casually. Lanister really couldn't tell what pissed him off more.

The Fat man continued to explain that he held no interest in them, financial anyhow, saying that he had opened his eyes. Feh... yeah... and Lanister was a god... Anyone who wanted to get into someone's good graces would use that line. Hell, Lanister himself had used that line when he was young, just learning how to thieve. This guy.... this god-forsaken lard-tub of a man... It was all Lanister could do to keep his rage beneath a chilling, cold exterior, though, like with ice above fire, it would be doomed to melt soon. It was the exact moment when the man explained his original plan was to simply breed them to make more to sell, that he "realized it was wrong now", that was when Lanister's composure broke.

"Bullshit!" He hissed, his words seeming to echo across the blackness of the night. He couldn't believe Nevayah was buying this crap! One would think HER of all people would be just as, if not MORE eager to turn this guy into a 10-course meal for the dogs. Needless to say... he was quite disappointed with her reaction. "You can't really expect us to believe you suddenly turned over a new leaf after doing what you did, what you're admitting to now! What do you think we are, sheep!?" The guards around the large man remained as stoic and vigilant as ever, but not drawing their weapons in response to Lanister's outburst. They'd know when he made a move and this wasn't yet it....

Blink

Lanister's reaction to the scene was causing Nevayah to grow somewhat uneasy. Perhaps it was their blood bond and his connection with her. It was strange though, how she would normally be the one to act as he was now but today she was not. Something had occurred within Nevayah a long time ago, a release if you will. Turning to Lanister in hopes that he would understand she stated her plea. "Lanister I don't want to fight anymore. I don't want to keep worrying about who is going to find us and I don't want our children to never be able to leave La'Marri"

There was more meaning behind her words than she was letting on. Something deep down that only she and the fat man knew. Why else would she talk about their children in front of him so casually. The entire time as Nevayah pleaded with Lanister to calm down the fat man simply stood silent. He watched on and quickly realized she had no intentions of telling Lanister what they had talked about just before he arrived. "Well no matter Lanister, I am leaving at first light. I understand why you will never trust me and I accept it." The way the man spoke was so cool and collected you would think he had a bigger plan and this was nothing.

Salzem

Lanister turned his attention to his wife, looking up at him with this strange expression he couldn't identify.. It scared him, though... made him worry and that, in turn, made him even more angry. It was like she was trying to hide something from him, something, that if he knew, would have dire consequences for everyone involved. She pleaded with him, stating that she didn't want to continue worrying about those who would look for them and she didn't want their children restricted to La'Marri. He didn't either, and that was why he was so enraged right now! Even in the safest of regions were everyone was welcome to stay as a free man with his own rights, this villainous fat freak and his companions managed to find them here! If anything, this went against what they wanted, it reinforced the fact that they would have to keep worrying and that their children wouldn't be able to leave because men like him would be right outside the door. Gods forsake this damned slave-owner piece of garbage. He had 3/4ths of a mind to plant a lead ball right between his eyes like he should have done years ago. In fact, he could feel his fingers slowly slip into his jacket pocket that held his pistol right now, just as he could see the the hands of the fat-man's guards inching towards their sword hilts, lowering themselves as well as if getting ready to spring into action. The former slave glanced between his beautiful wife and the perverted, vile, bloated form-of-a-man, scowling as he proclaimed that he'd be leaving soon and that he understood and accepted Lanister's trust.

"You know what I trust...?" Lanister asked, taking his hand out of his pocket and resting it on his sword-pommel. "That you're dishonest and that you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. So no, I don't trust you and I never will." He paused a bit his sanguine eyes falling on the love of his life once more, just wanting to sweep her away and go home like he had done back in Eyssrn... But despite her appearance, Nevayah was a grown up woman who had to make her own choices... even if it was one that made her want to stay her and conversate with a disgusting bug like the fat-man. Lanister slowly slipped off his horse, boots landing on the ground heavily before he walked up beside his love, his eyes still glowing fiercely in anger.

"You could always leave now..." Lanister offered, staring up at the much-larger man. "...And never come back. In fact, why don't you do just that and do us all a favor?"

Blink

The fat man listened as Lanister went on about his disgust and hatred for him. "To avoid any further confrontation I will leave like you ask." The fat man then mounted his horse signaling for his guards to do the same. All of them then within a matter of moments were on their horses and on their way. "Nice talking with you Nevayah" he commented before whipping at the reigns causing the horse to take off.

Nevayah had already dismounted her horse and was now standing next to Lanister staring at him with her deep eyes. "I just am tired of running Lanister. He meant no harm I am sure of it. I was shocked at first but after talking with him I know we are safe." Lifting an arm she placed a palm on his shoulder to reassure him further. "Please just trust me... we...are...safe..." She then leaned in to plant a kiss on his lips if he allowed it pulling back to look into his eyes once more. "Safe"

What Lanister did not know was the conversation she had prior to his arrival. During her conversation alone with the fat man he revealed to her a compromise if you will. He told her how even if he was not looking for them that someone else would be. Back in Essyrn slavers were already on the hunt for the next Tainted, now that two of the most valuable ones had been missing for quite some time. The only way he could guarantee that no one messed with them was if he signed over their identification papers from slaves to free people. By means Nevayah did not know the fat man already knew about their children and what their abilities were. He truly was a well connected man, but he really had changed his ways.

His proposition was simple. If Nevayah came to him in in Reajh just after the first snow he would sign the papers for her family stating that they truly were a free people. From there she would help the fat man keep his merchandise alive during travel, but promised no harm would come to her until the end of their contract. The contract would end when the fat man would draw his last breath, but not a moment before. If the fat man were do die of unnatural causes though, the contract would be passed on to another to restart. This in turn protected the fat man from retaliation, but its not like he needed it when he was dangling her family's freedom right in front of her. If she served out her contract without fail then he would make sure her own identification papers would be signed just before his passing making her a free person as well.

At first Nevayah was not sure how she felt about it, she had told the fat man she needed time to think on it and he agreed. Even now she was unsure of what she was going to do, but one thing was for certain. She was not going to tell Lanister, and that alone made her heart break in half knowing she had to keep a secret from the one being she loved more than anything in the world.

Salzem

Lanister snorted at the fat man's response, satisfied that this guy was finally out of sight. But now, Nevayah turned to him, staring into his red orbs with her deep azure, that expression on her face seeming to intensify the longer they maintained contact. She placed a hand on her shoulder as she said that she was tired of running, that the fat man surely had meant no harm. She then tried to convince him that they were safe, that he didn't need to be so defensive anymore. While she seemed to try to reassure him, all Lanister could feel was an eerie sense of fear, like some invisible blade was hovering just over their necks, just waiting to fall. He didn't understand why Nevayah was acting this way, why she was being so defensive of the fat man, why she was trying to quell his own hostilities toward their former slavers instead of supporting them... The way she was acting terrified him, but he didn't say a word. He only hummed into the sweet, but very emotional kiss she placed on his lips, giving one right back, placing a hand on her cheek as she pulled away. Lanister stared into her eyes questioningly before pulling her into a hug, tears starting to form at the corners of his eyes. He held his wife to him with all the strength he had, softly kissing her cheek periodically. He just wanted to be near her, to hold her, to just be with her... he didn't know why, but he felt like some horrible deal was struck, something that he would never know and something that involved the one he loved most. He held her to him tightly for a few minutes before slowly retracting and planting the biggest, most loving and emotional kiss he ever had upon her lips, very nearly forcing her to the ground with the power of such an act and he didn't let go until he ran out of breath. Slowly, he retracted his lips from hers, hovering just an inch or two apart before he closed the distance again and placed a small peck upon her lips before retreating father.

"I love you so much....." Lanister declared, staring into her eyes. "I love you, I love you, I love you... I will always love you, Nevayah... You're my world... You have been from the day I met you... I...." Lanister shook his head before kissing her once more, this one a tad less forceful, but far more tender. He gently caressed her lips with his, desperately trying to show her how much she meant to him.... before it was too late... He could feel the terrible secrets she hid from him inside, he could feel them tumbling around in his own gut but only she possessed a name for it. He held her by her arms as he kissed her with all the love and emotion he was able to in that moment, pulling away again only when his breath escaped him.

"I love you..." He whispered, gently stroking her cheek with his thumb, seeming so lost as they silently shared their fears for each-other.

Blink

Nevayah knew why Lanister was kissing her this way and it made her feel even more horrible. She knew he could feel the unease in her stomach and the pull it had on her heart and this was why he was kissing her so. He wanted her to know how much he loved her and cherished her. He didn't even have to kiss her for her to know though. Nevayah had always known how much he loved her, she could feel it in her heart with each passing second of every day.

He was her star in the night, guiding her to wherever she needed to go, and that was the problem. It was always Lanister saving them, always Lanister keeping them just inches away from death or danger. But now it would be her turn, she would be the one to save them all. Even if it would hurt, even if she knew she would cry every day she was apart from her she knew it was still right. If she could give them a chance at even a fraction of a better life she would take it.

Staring back into his eyes as deeply as he gazed into hers she mirrored his actions and lifted an arm to stroke his cheek as well. "... and I love you.." she paused as her eyes scanned his face, taking in every inch of it. "... more than you will ever know." From there she had to turn her head, she couldn't keep looking him in the eyes like nothing was wrong. She knew he would know it too, that he would feel it just as she did. "So how about we go home. I told the caravan doctor everything he needed to know so I am done." and with that wether he responded or not she walked back over to her horse and mounted it before whipping the reigns to take off back towards home.

Salzem

He stared into the beautiful azure eyes of his wife, his worry still ever-present, lurking in the shadows his happiness cast as he locked lips with his lovely Nevayah. Lanister felt electricity course through his skin at her mere touch... She always did that to him, always sent this sensation across his skin just by being there, but it was never quite the same as this moment in time. It was... so longing.... He craved to feel it more, to feel it everywhere like always... but somewhere, deep inside, there was a creaking, dangling pain that told him he could not... It was almost apologetic, as if it too knew the consequences of that Nevayah was keeping from him, but only offered him the understanding of knowing rather than the substance that came before. He was so scared for her... scared that she might be taken from him or him from her... He was scared that his other half might disappear... He was afraid for her more than he was for himself... But he didn't say a word of it. She knew... she could feel it in his heart and then in hers... For now, and forever, they were bound... blood-bound... And nothing was going to change that... Denial... the most simple and most effective of remedies... He denied that it was worse than he thought, even with the evidence of Nevayah breaking his gaze as she did being so clear... The information was received and stored, but he shoved it under a rug before it could be processed. He couldn't look at it... he couldn't know it... because if he did... he'd know everything...

"Yeah... Lets go..." Lanister smiled fleetingly, getting back onto his own horse and steering it back in the direction of their house. It was a slow, silent walk, no need to say anything fore they both knew what the other was thinking... feeling... Only on brief occasions did the tainted blood look up at his beautiful Nevayah, locking eyes only once or twice before flicking back down to the mane of his chestnut horse. Maybe he was a coward for not facing the truth, for deciding not to know what Nevayah was keeping from him, for staying in the dark for as long as humanly possible... Maybe he was... he certainly thought so...

As soon as Emia heard the footsteps of the their parent's horses outside, she immediately dashed out from inside the house, throwing herself on Nevayah as she got off her mount. Tears ran from her sanguine eyes as she pulled herself as close to her mother as she possibly could. She felt everything they had, very mature, very powerful feelings she was completely unprepared for... There was a threat, but her wonderful parents came back safe and unhurt...

"Mom!" She yelled as she wrapped her arms around her mother. "Mom... i was so scared... I thought you and dad had gotten hurt..." Lanister said nothing, only wrapping his arms around both his wife and his child, clinging to them for all it was worth...

Blink

Izayah was still leaned against the house when he heard the horses galloping up the path. Standing up he watched as his parents appeared from beyond the trees and started walking towards them. He knew something had happened, he could feel it and he knew this was why his father had taken off so suddenly... but what was it?

Nevayah was thrown off my Emia's sudden charge at her yet happy to see her children once more. Even if it had only been a few hours she missed them everytime she left. Embracing her just as tightly as Emia was Nevayah kissed her daughters forehead brushing some hair behind her ears. "We are fine my dear" was all she said before reaching an arm out to Izayah as well, motioning him to join in on the hug.

Soon the mother and both of her children were in an embrace, no doubt to be joined by Lanister as well. "I love all of you so much, don't ever forget that." her words just as before holding more meaning than she was letting on.

And so the tainted family embraced one another happy that each of them was alive, healthy and happy.