Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shepard Without

Started by CyclicalCycal, December 31, 2016, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

As Rin's traps were sprung, the creatures collapsed and were effectively crushed. Their bodies simply lay there, dead and lifeless.

"Why...would you do...that? We do not. Want to harm you."

As this was said, a mass of gray sludge slowly went to slide out of the undergrowth, towards the Sentinel and Rin. It moved slowly, and nonthreateningly, though as it moved it drained all colour that it touched.

"See? He does not. Relish this."

Medievarad

"If you did not, you would not have attacked this grove," Rin aswered coldy, katana at a ready. She glanced down at the sludge and huffed softly. All off these were magicks.

She flung a seal over towards the goo, aiming to drain it from its magic completely and seal it away. "And neither do I. We merely wish to survive. As do you."

CyclicalCycal

"Yes. She agrees."

The horrid colourless mass slunk away, leaving grayed-out grass as it moved.

"Why would you do that?! We. Do not appreciate this."

A eldritch sound, of twisting and writhing and of bones cracking and breaking echoed from the area of the colourless. Cara winced, going to hide behind her father, peering out in fear.

Medievarad

"Silence," Rin answered. "Your voice annoys me."

She took a deep breath and held her blade up, gripping the hilt of the long sword with both hands. Ready for whatever may come. The tattered, crimson banner slowly swaying in the cold wind.

The Sentinel also stood ready, axe raised, his eyes nothing but aggressive sliths.

CyclicalCycal

Slowly, from the undergrowth, stepped a humanoid entity. It stood inhumanly tall, and its face was a mockery. A leering grin that literally reached where its ears should be. Eyes that took up half of its face, and hair that seemed to flicker in and out of existence.

It spoke. It had seven tongues, and rows of teeth going back into its mouth forever.

"Please. Give me colours. Yours are the mightiest. Vibrant reds and greens."

It seemed to be trying to speak, to reason, to bargain with the group. Slowly, in response, Tharron began to pull his sword from the ground, Cara still peering out from behind him.

Medievarad

Rin glanced at the Sentinel, who answered her glance with a nod. Both of them looked back at the aberration in front of them. Rin raised her blade, pointing the tip at the creature. Ready to attack at a moments notice.

"What will happen if we do that?"

CyclicalCycal

"We may feast...I haven't had such a delicacy in so very long. He will be greatly appreciative, she assures you." The thing looked between the two, with pinprick eyes. Tharron slowly began to wander forwards, a great intent about him.

Medievarad

Rin couldn't help but chuckle. "Typical," she glanced at Tharron, falling into step next to him as he passed.

And so did the Sentinel.

CyclicalCycal

"No." He stated, rather dryly, before moving to rise his sword up over his head and swing down at it. It dissipated, turning into a thousand particles of gray ash, reforming some distance behind where it originally stood.

As Tharron slashed, however, he aimed his sword into the ground. A pulse emanated from it, purging all of the gray from the flora, giving it back the beautiful greens they originally possessed. The leering humanoid continued to stare, unflinching as the colour around it reformed.

"Why?" Was the only thing it could say.

Medievarad

It was then that Rin overtook Tharron. As he ducked and plunged his sword into the ground, Rin used the wooden construct as a stepping stone to augment her momentum. She would apologise later.

Her sword aimed to slice through the creature with a keen edge for his stomach. And as soon as she performed what was a lightning quick strike, she stepped back and slowly slid the blade back into it's scabbard.

At the same time, the Sentinel charged forward with the massive axe brandished, aiming to lop his head off.

CyclicalCycal

The creature continued to stare. Slowly, though, the wounds began to form. It seemed, the thing wasn't entirely connected to time or space, residing somewhere in between.

"Why did you...do that?"

Its stomach slowly opened up, and it seemed there was nothing within it. It was empty. A slit formed along its neck, and it seemed to have been decapitated. A slight breeze would take off its head, but it kept talking.

"She remembers the old war. It lasted for so long. Then it ended before you could use the weapon, didn't it? We have ours, now, Green Lord. I want to let you know that he wants peace. We just need a forest. I love the taste of the vibrant colours, so rare in our lands."

"...make it stop." Cara begged, staring at the humanoid, its stomach a gaping hole, its head not connected to its body.

Medievarad

Rin lowered her head slightly, clicking the blade from her sheath again, hand resting on the hilt. And she charged forward, another quick series of slices, aiming to strip him of his limbs.

The Sentinel heaved his axe, aiming to split the head in two, before going to trample it under massive, wooden hooves.

CyclicalCycal

It was cut down. Its body was split apart, limbs, and head removed, before being trampled underneath th sentinel.

"...I require your assistance." Tharron said, to nobody in particular, as he lifted his sword from the ground. He placed it over his back, before vines grew from it to bind it to him. He went to go and pick up Cara before setting her on his shoulders, glancing at the other two.

Medievarad

Rin flicked her blade to clean off any kind of impurities, before sheathing her blade again, glancing at Tharron, inclining her head.

The Sentinel let out a soft snarl at the dead being, before turning around, lowering his axe to one side and making his way over to Tharron. "You have my axe, friend," he stated with a soft nod.

CyclicalCycal

"Excellent. Where...where did they come from? I need to know that." He said. Cara grinned, dopely, simply happy to be with her father again. He fixed his gaze at the dead being, letting out a series of cracking noises, like wood snapping over and over. This, unlike the other noises, was very real.

"...do either of you...know anything of these ones?"

Medievarad

Rin shook her head. "No idea," she answered.

The Sentinel glanced at the corpse, shaking his head as well.

CyclicalCycal

"Ah, well...things could be worse. I suppose. They must be. Somewhere nearby." Tharron slowly trekked into the area. As if on cue, a light began to shine from Cara, as she pushed her hand forwards. As the two wandered into the gray, tainted area, it began to dissipate. It was repulsed, the forest healed.

Medievarad

Rin followed Tharron, sticking close to him, at a ready to protect him or Cara immediately. The Sentinel also stepped next to the two, standing at a ready to fight.

CyclicalCycal

Tharron kneeled down to the corpse, going to examine it. The thing was begin to liquidefy, turning into a putrid gray sludge. He placed his hand in the sludge, and it evaporated, purging itself from the area and leaving nothing but green grass. "We could...follow the gray until we reach...something." He suggested.

Medievarad

The Sentinel nodded. "Lead the way, friend," he answered. Rin didn't respond. She had no idea what was going on, so she had no other suggestions.

Tags: