Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You Have A Dragon? [Draconian]

Started by TheHopeseeker, January 30, 2017, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHopeseeker

Ignis smiled a little at that, giving her hair an appraising look before the words tumbled from his lips, "I think your hair's pretty." He swallowed that for a moment, frowning as he began to realize what his traitorous tongue had done to him, before a crimson hue spread over his cheeks and he dropped his gaze to the floor.

Draconian

"Thanks," Luna laughed, "I do too. But it took a long time for me to think that." She nodded to the floor, trying to motion to her parents, "I don't look them them, and I don't look Adelan. I'm different. My eye's are cold and my skin isn't brown." Luna took his strange red arm and ran her thumb over the back of it, "Sometimes, you need to ignore what other people thing. You're different, sure, but you don't need to be ashamed of it. People will either see past it or they won't care." Luna stood up then and gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"I have to go get dressed, I didn't think you'd be awake and dressed so early. You can go down stairs for breakfast and then we can take a walk? Maybe try to find somewhere familiar, hmm?" Luna ruffled his hair before she turned to leave to get ready for the day.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis frowned thoughtfully at her words, looking down at the arm with a new perspective, "I guess you're right..." He murmured after a few moments, a small smile pulling at his lips as he lifted his gaze to her. He smiled somewhat sheepishly at her saying she didn't expect him to be up just yet, refraining from telling her that he had been worried about whether or not he was still welcome here.

He simply nodded to her suggestion of trying to find somewhere familiar, uttering a soft, "Okay," as he tried to summon the courage to head downstairs alone. It wasn't that he was frightened of the help, or Luna's parents, more that he wasn't really sure how he was supposed to act around them, and he really didn't want to be making a fool of himself in front of the first people who had been kind to him.

Draconian

Luna smiled.

"Of course I'm right," she said before departing the room, returning to her own to get ready. Pulling plain brown pants on, tying her hair back into a simple ponytail. Luna looked ready for the day in simple clothing and she shuffled her way down the stairs.

Lunas parents kept cool around Ignis. They didnt say much but they had hoped they'd given off a welcoming aura. Luna took a seat and eagerly ate her breakfast. A simple boiled egg and a piece of flame roasted bread.  Finishing quickly she smiled at her guest.

"When you're ready we can go out. You can lead the way. Maybe find somewhete familiar, hmm?" She said cheerfully, smiling.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis nodded, finishing off the last of his own small breakfast and standing from his chair. Offering her parents a quick thank you, he quickly retreated to the door, waiting patiently for Luna to join him. He didn't know why, but something had him feeling fidgety this morning, like there was something waiting for him to find it, or something. Shaking his head, he offered Luna a short smile before heading for the main door, playing with the rolled cuffs on his shirt absently.

Draconian

Luna followed quickly enough, grabbing a coat of sorts with a large hood. After pulling that on and carefully draping the hood over her head, she fixed her own cuffs, fluffed Ignis's hair and pressed a hand to his back before she opened the door and stepped outside.

"Well," She turned to him, taking a few careful steps from the house, "This is day one of your new life," A tender smile on her pale lips and she reached out a hand so that they could walk together. A part of her hoped that her overly friendliness wouldn't put him off. Wouldn't sour him to contact. Luna herself figured that she'd be craving human contact and she gave her fingers an impatient wiggle.

"If you can't find somewhere," She stared, voice quiet, "Do you want to stay with us? Have a home?" Luna knew her parents were thinking that. It had been the dead of night when she'd snuck downstairs, careful of the creaky floorboards to her parents room. Woke them up. They had a talk. Of course they were weary of having a strange child in the house but... They trusted Luna's instincts. 

"Maybe they can even adopt you, I could be your big sister!" She grinned, sticking her tongue out and again, an impatient wiggle of her fingers.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis thought about that for a bit, frowning as he traced it down its many branches of thought. It sounded nice and all, in theory. He had seen a lot while living on the streets, how normal families lived, how nice it seemed. He knew he had had that, once, an instinctive feeling in his gut telling him he had known that happiness. He just couldn't remember it. Couldn't remember more than his own name.

He sighed, reaching to grab Luna's hand when she wiggled her fingers at him yet again. Offering her a small smile, he replied quietly, "I'll think about it." The answer was surprisingly mature, almost sounding tired. Not physical weariness, but a deep exhaustion that went beyond the body. In that moment, he looked years older than his age, a worldly weight settling over his eyes, before he blinked and it was gone.

He brightened after a few moments, casting his gaze up to meet Luna's own eyes, so similar to his own, and smiling in a more chipper way, "Can we go outside the city?"

Draconian

The little 'I'll think about it' caught her off guard so all Luna could do was smile and look a little surprised. Still, she blinked at him and nodded.  Still, she held her hand out for him to hold. "I'd feel more comfortable if you held me hand," She said honestly, smiling still, "We can go outside the city, it'll take a while though." She looked around and pursed her lips, they hadn't a stable. It'd be a long walk.

"Might take all day even to go there and come back," Luna smiled and started to walk, making sure her hood was on to keep her safe from the sun. While not allergic to it, it still hurt and made her skin burn easily. "Ready for a full day?" She patted a pocket with some money in it, "We can pick up something to eat for dinner on the way out."

TheHopeseeker

Ignis just nodded, preoccupied with looking around the city. It was amazing, how different everything looked when his mind wasn't clouded by crippling hunger and fear. Strange as it was, Luna made him feel safe, like nothing could touch him. His slim hand slipped into her slightly larger one, thin fingers wrapping right around her own as he hummed slightly in response to her note about buying food.

Already, the sun was rising high, the last of the night's fog banished by the heated rays. Ignis winced slightly as he glanced up and recieved a face full of sunshine; momentarily blinded. Rubbing his eyes with his free hand, he smiled slightly despite the brief sun-blind-ness. There was a certain sense of freedom nipping at his heels this morn. He enjoyed it fully.