Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just Browsing! (GoblinFae!!!!)

Started by Nix, January 31, 2017, 10:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nix

It was about an hour till sunset and this was hopefully the correct shop. Jaibah didn't particularly want to entertain thoughts of trying to conduct business with these merchants after dark... after all these sorts of hole in the wall shops were far from the normal beaten paths of tourists but that only meant there was more risk of getting swindled, robbed, or worse. With Essyrni in their blood at least they didn't look the part of total foreigners but it was hardly the safest place for even law abiding citizens of the great city state itself.

A small glance told Cijii to stay outside with their vardo. An eyeroll responded with 'its fiiine'.

Jaibah sighed and headed into the shop, knowing Cijii was not going to accept staying outside despite the fact that they were only looking for a book.

Perhaps it was because Cijii seemed to attract a lot of positive attention in Essyrn. Cijii did look more Essyrni, both physically and in style. His long black and mahogany hair was thick and worn in a large braid that had a few smaller braids woven into it, and his eyes were dark brown. It didn't hurt that the younger male wore clothing more closely resembling the wrapped garments that were so popular here. Jaibah on the other hand took to wearing more ornamental robes and had a half updo for his long wavy blue-black hair. No matter they were not staying long. After they procured what Jaibah was looking for they would be off for a new destination, perhaps Serendipity. Or La'Marri.

Jaibah adjusted his crescent moon shaped glasses on the bridge of his nose and ran his finger across the spines on one of the shelves, ignoring whatever the merchant was saying in common. Cijii however answered the man back in Essyrni. That at least Jaibah was grateful for. He didn't like people to begin with but they were always exponentially worse when they thought they could take advantage of you. His fingers skipped along till he reached the empty spot where the tome rightfully should be. Damn. Where was it?
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

GoblinFae

Imogene squinted as he pressed his face closer to the book in his hands. Once again he cursed himself for his poor eyesight as he struggled to make out the words on the musty parchment and whether or not they spelled out what he was looking for or not. It would be his luck to refuse to use his glasses in public and then purchase the wrong tome for nearly a fortune.

It was due to this musings and stubbornness that he was therefore oblivious to the entrance of the newcomers. With a frustrated sigh he shook his head of braids, the motion nearly threatening to undo the haphazardly and hastily made half-bun perched on the top of his head. His earrings clicked as they were jostled and he sighed heavily in disappointment. He really did need to start bringing his spectacles with him on these excursions or finally decide to use a corrective spell. He was wasting far too much time with the simple things when a quick glance through a pair of curved pieces of glass would right everything in seconds.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nix

The sigh was what made Jaibah's attention snap to the other patron. Those crystals... and- Jaibah's mouth formed a thin line when he saw the book that the other was holding. No. It had taken far to long for him to track down a copy of that tome that had not been destroyed already. Jaibah looked over at Cijii, who apparently already noticed the other.

Jaibah was obviously upset about... something... why were they even in here again? Cijii idly flicked a crystal across one of the tables and... wow. Now that certainly was enchanting. A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. She was really pretty. How had this beauty escaped his sight till now? Oh of course, she was using the powerful camouflage that most referred to as 'a book'. Aaaand Jaibah was shooting him a look... for what? He hadn't even hit on her yet! Shouldn't Jaibah be looking for his dumb book anyway- ooooooooooohhhh.

Well. That could be taken care of. Cijii approached the tall slender thing, she seemed frustrated. Hmmm. "What ails you lovely? You sound troubled... might I be of service?" Cijii's smile widened.

Jaibah rolled his eyes and turned away from that display. There were a few other simple supplies that he could gather while Cijii finessed the other out of that book; and knowing him, out of those robes too.
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

GoblinFae

The mage paused in his thoughts at the voice behind him, taking an extra moment to realize that the voice was actually directed to him. He straightened slowly while closing the book gently and folding it against his chest. "I assure you," he spoke in a soothing, low voice. "That I am in perfect health and ail from nothing worthy of your fancy," Imogene turned to face the man, giving him a quick and thorough glance up and down before adding softly, "sir.

"I do not believe we've met before and I was sure I knew every foreigner here in Essyrn," he prompted with a slight quirk of his brow as his eyes twinkled in amusement.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nix

Cijii was hardly deterred by the claim that this lovely lady, with that soft luscious voice, claimed to be well. Nor that she was calling him out. His smile only widened, a genuine expression of happiness and amusement. "But your sigh belies you. I only wish to give aid. I seek little in return I assure you."

Jaibah had to refrain from scoffing. How could Cijii say things like that? How was he so obnoxiously good at speaking with others? Even when he bordered inappropriate he seemed to be sweet and smooth.

"I take offense at that, I may have foreign blood but I also have ancestors that hail from this great nation." The smile didn't waiver, nor did his lighthearted tone. "And come now, new foreigners arrive here daily, surely you can't know everyone."

GoblinFae

"Perhaps I should rephrase my statement then. I thought I knew all the foreigners who would frequent such a place as this. We are far and few between especially in this land to enter such a seemingly dark and foreboding premises.

"If you'll excuse me now though I wish to make some purchase and I'm sure you desire to do the same." Imogene bowed slightly, his eyes not once leaving Cijii's as he did so. He then moved to step around the shorter yet persistent young man.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

"Can I buy you a drink?" Cijii blurted out as the other moved past him, but he didn't seem to miss a beat, keeping in step behind her. Nice view back here too. "I'd love to spend some time with another foreigner who is brave enough to venture into this dark and foreboding place. We can always discuss our purchases and finds if nothing else."

Jaibah finished purchasing his other supplies and shot a glance at the other patron... he still had the book. Well. Hopefully Cijii would not forget what he was supposed to be doing. Jaibah headed out onto the street to notice someone lurking around the vardo. Wonderful.

GoblinFae

Imogene paused at the question. "Well thank you for the kind gesture but I'm not actually thirsty. Truly I am quite well and you needn't worry about me." He offered the other man a cheerful smile then placed the book on the counter. A carnelian crystal on display there though quickly caught his attention so he added it to his small purchase pile and nodded warmly to the owner.

"Twelve gold, two bronze," the shopkeeper spoke brusquely in the country's native dialect.
"Aye, lovely sun," Imogene replied haltingly. His command of the language was at best, horrid.
"Twelve gold, two bronze," the man repeated, growing more and more irritated.

Imogene furrowed his brow in confusion but shook his head and smiled as he pulled out his coinpurse and proceeded to try and count out far too much money while the shopkeeper's eyes gleamed with the prospect of making a steal of a deal.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

Cijii stifled a small chuckle when the pretty thing responded with... that was just horrendous Essyrni, what was this lovely even trying to say? He looked at the book and few items the other had and moved them ever so slightly as he spoke to the shop keep.

"12 gold, 2 bronze right... Hmm." At first his intention was to help the lovely out but with all this rebuffing of good will... well there was a different way to play this. "6 silver for these..." He smiled at the shop keep pushing the other items to the retailer, "and I'll give you 15 gold to sell me the book instead." He said pushing the book forward with a smile.

GoblinFae

The mage tilted his head in confusion. He did not understand the words said by the stranger but he understood enough of the body language to surmise something was said regarding his purchases. It all seemed off to him but he just could not place his finger on it. None of his crystals or charms seemed to react negatively though so Imogene kept quiet and watchful. His hands were poised to grab his purchases should a possible and sudden row begin between the rather disgruntled shopkeeper and the overly personable stranger.

When nothing happened save the exchange of money between hands, Imogene began to relax. It was meant to last thing though as he watched the items he had meant to purchase for himself be handed over to the stranger instead of himself. Distraught he looked back and forth between the men and gasped in distress.

"There's been a mistake. I was to purchase those," he declared with an expression of hurt and disbelief.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

Cijii thanked the shopkeeper and took the book in hand before giving the other items to the tall beauty. "Oh you were huh?" His smile was gentle and charismatic, not sly or cruel in the slightest. "Well... it's going to cost you. Let me buy you a drink? ...and maybe tell me your name." He said over his shoulder as he headed outside.

Meanwhile Jaibah had managed to get the creep away from the vardo before unlocking it with his key and heading inside, locking the door behind him again. He hoped Cijii would hurry up so they could leave before that creep came back. In Jaibah's experience with people it was a matter of when not if, besides they should really move the vardo before it got much darker.

GoblinFae

"But I'm not thirsty," he protested again in earnest. "Please I'll pay you back for them," Imogene continued, pouring the contents of his coinpurse into the palm of his hand. "How much was it altogether? Twenty? Twenty-one gold?"

To look up and find the stranger leaving without returning his items caused the mage to panic slightly and hurry to follow with the most cursory of farewells to the shopkeeper. "Please, just return the items to me. If it's money that you want, I'm willing to pay you double. Honestly you seem like a sweet young man. Playing these schemes doesn't suit you at all."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

Schemes? Awww! She really was quite cute! He turned to her and smiled brightly. "Are you hungry then? I... am trying to ask for your company... I am not expecting more than the mutual pleasure of conversation though, I assure you.. and you really need to learn Essyrni better... or make them talk to you in common, any shop keep worth their salt knows it, they play these games to swindle foreigners... he almost had you good too."

He moved to the vardo and... well he wasn't sure how to deal with Jaibah just yet. Instead of going inside he put the book in the small bag at his side and started to pull the vardo up the street. They had mounts that normally pulled it but they were stabled at the moment... they should have left the vardo parked there too but Jaibah was busy working on something again and so Cijii just pulled it along with them. Besides, Jaibah hated cities.

Cijii looked over to his tall beauty. "Well, are you coming lovely?"

GoblinFae

Imogene pursed his lips and shook his head slightly in exasperation, his jewelry clinking about with the movement. ""No, thank you," he stated smiling politely yet tightly. "Also I have already had several transactions with him before and with no issue until you came along. My Essyrni does need work but that's of course why I'm here and practicing it. Now if you could please be so kind as to stop calling me lovely and hand over my things, I believe we both can be on our way. I'm very interested in the readings you see and I have some very time-sensitive work at home that I'm currently working on. I'm sure you understand," Imogene smiled sweetly, his hand held out and open for receiving."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

Cijii chuckled. "12 gold, 2 bronze. What did I just say?" He kept pulling the vardo along. It wasn't as heavy as it looked, it was fairly heavily enchanted so that helped, though it wouldn't be easy for just anyone to pull. "You know I could call you by your name if you would just tell me... My name is Cijii, and yours is?"

She was cute... and seemed very interested in her work. He wondered what she was doing. Why she was interested in the same book Jaibah had been looking for for... shit. He had to give Jaibah the book. He'd almost forgotten.

GoblinFae

"That it's pleasant out today," he answered while moving to step directly in front of Cijii in hopes of forcing him to stop abruptly. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Cijii. I am Imogene and I'm not going to move out of your way until either I get my things back or you find some way to magically duplicate an impossible to duplicate without damaging, ancient text that happens to be the last in existence. Deal?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

"First of all... I said 12 gold, 2 bronze... which is what that shop keep was trying to charge you... which was actually high since if he knew what the book was worth it would not have just been out on the shelves to begin with. I also know that he was ready to rip you off for even more than that and since you said you have dealt with him before, can safely assume he has already done so. Now Imogene..." Cijii grinned as he winked and both Cijii and the vardo disappeared and reappeared behind the mage.

"You are underestimating me..." He called back, continuing on his way. It might have seemed like he had caused the teleportation when in fact he hadn't. It was one of the enchantments Jaibah had put on the vardo... one he was surely going to get in trouble for activating since the thing couldn't withstand doing that often and it was supposed to be a safety measure to avoid collisions.

"And if you aren't willing to go out with me I just think you are going to have to look elsewhere for your book... there were three of them... you sure the other two are long gone?" She sure was fun to tease... she really was bringing out the worst of him, in the best of ways.

GoblinFae

He flushed darkly at having his mistake rubbed in his face but smiled nonetheless. "Well thank you for the correction then." Imogene did not have a chance to say more before Cijii was suddenly popping off and reappearing behind him. The antics were rather childish in his opinion but did not even cause him to sigh as he focused all of his thought on trying to get the result he desired.

From the earth sprung up a leafy green vine that with a mind of its own begin to wind its way throw the spokes of the vardo, effectively tangling in the wheels and bringing it to a stop. "Now as we are indeed already out and together and I cannot fathom how we could become even moreso, I suppose I have no choice but to bid you good day, Cijii. You certainly will have you hands full I think with that vine. A bit of a nasty variety if I remember correctly. It can neither be cut, nor burned, nor removed magically. I suggest asking it nicely though. I've always found that to help," the mage smiled impishly while holding out his hand to shake.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

"I meant go out on a date! C'mon Imogene I'm not THAT vague!" He looked at the vine... no cutting it? Craaaaap... Jaibah was going to be pissed. It seemed like some weird riddle that Jaibah would be able to solve easily but it just confused Cijii and dang it! it was starting to climb up the sides!

"Ask it nicely...?" He looked back at the mage, she was smiling! ...why did this make him like her more? And now she was looking to shake hands, well.. he couldn't be rude to such a beauty... besides he was kinda dumbfounded right now. Without really thinking he just took her hand and shook it gently as was customary of a gentleman with a lovely woman.

GoblinFae

Imogene's eyes widened in slight shock at the realization that this random stranger was being such a thorn in his side simply because he wanted to pursue amorous relations with the mage. It disappointed him though slightly as Imogene would bet serious money that he had once again been mistaken for a woman despite his attire and manner.

Well if Cijii was going to be like that then the only thing for it would be to let him down in the most gentle manner possible. Accepting the other man's hand in a handshake, Imogene leaned in to kiss his cheek in the proper fashion of one Essyrni male to another.

"I really do not believe you want to court me. Now may I have my book please?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]