Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just Browsing! (GoblinFae!!!!)

Started by Nix, January 31, 2017, 10:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nix

Jaibah couldn't help but chuckle at that. Actually he had to take off his glasses because his eyes were watering he was laughing so hard. "That's what you are researching?" He said wiping his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose. "You have no idea... here. Let me show you."

Jaibah stood up and gestured for Imogene to follow him, trusting that the other mage would follow him as he headed back out into the library and up the stairs to the upper level, walking around until he reached a large window, pointing out of it. "Look out there. That's what you are searching for."
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

GoblinFae

The mage's brow furrowed in skepticism as his eyes followed Jaibah's movements. After a moment of hesitation he finally straightened, smoothing out the front of his robes as he made to follow the other man. Up the stairs they climbed, Imogene's eyes drinking in and admiring the shorter man's form as they moved. It was a pity that Jaibah seemed to be such a stick in the mod, he was rather attractive, at least until he decided to open his mouth.

At the top of the stairs, Imogene hesitated again, casting a silent, questioning glance towards the other mage before turning his gaze to the window. For a moment, all he saw was the Essyrn desert that he expected to see. But then as his heart seized within his chest in shock, Imogene realized how different it all looked. "It cannot be," he breathed, rushing closer to the window to place a hand against it. "How?" he gasped, turning to the mage. "What game are you playing at here?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nix

The city was revealed to Imogene as it would be to any who looked out side for more than a mere glance. The windows were long ago enchanted to seem innocuous and therefore made guests of the Library pay no mind to them or the view outside and a simple glance would make the viewer believe that what lie outside the Library was whatever they were expecting to see out there. But if one were to truly look outside... well that was another story.

"No game." Jaibah said as he moved to stand beside Imogene, also looking out at their real surroundings. "This Library exists within the city. However the Library is not reachable from the city itself and we cannot reach the city from in here. Only observe. Only watch the people go about their daily lives as their society that has been isolated from us for so long starts to finally dwindle." He said with a sincerely heavy heart. He could tell by Imogene's reaction that the motivation behind finding this place at least came from a source of good intent. Perhaps he had been cold and hasty earlier.

"There are good reasons why things that belong to the Library need to stay in the Library Imogene. I am sorry that our views differ, but I cannot afford to waiver on these matters."
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

GoblinFae

Imogene shuttered his eyes closed, his forehead coming to rest against the cool glass. It was all becoming too much for him to process. A lifetime's worth of work and research suddenly coming to fruition only to be even further from his grasp. He could not believe that it was real and yet there was no doubt in his heart that it was.

"Can they see in? Can the people see us?" he asked, his voice croaking under the weight of his heavy thoughts. He did understand Jaibah's reasons for hoarding the books, though he did not necessarily agree with the man's cruel means of protectiveness.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nix

"I do not believe so. Even if we were lower and it were easier to see into the Library... the windows are enchanted from both sides." He muttered looking down upon the city from their perch.

It was obvious that the Library was part of some larger building from their height. Perhaps the palace or a church? It looked to be grand from what Jaibah could tell. And it was hidden but in plain sight so it must be in a building or part of a building few would have access to.

"I am sorry." He said softly as he pulled himself away from the window and headed for the staircase.

GoblinFae

"How is this even possible? This is real? It's not an illusion and I'm not dreaming?" Imogene asked, moving to the banister to look to Jaibah. He was still in shock and could a chill running up and down his spine. There were people living, breathing people trapped in a world they could not leave while he had spent years running around on theories and what if's only to find out it was all real. He had nothing to show for his work either.

"Did you create this? This place and this magic, is it yours?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

Jaibah paused on the stairs and looked the the other man. He had only told Imogene as much as he had, only let him see it because he still planned to wipe it all from the mage's memory. He would still have to... so what harm would telling him more- no.

No he could not reveal to much.

"No. It isn't mine." He turned away from Imogene's gaze and finished his descent of the staircase and headed towards his room.

This stranger, no, this trespasser had to leave. He had to be dealt with and he had to leave the Library. Cijii would return soon and they would deal with this Imogene and return to work as usual.

GoblinFae

Imogene climbed down the stairs after Jaibah before gently giving his sleeve a tug to pull him about face. "Please, I was rude before. I had no idea. You probably think I don't deserve it and you'd probably be right but please I don't understand how this is how it is and I desperately want to. I'm sorry for how I was before. I am passionate about my research and," he paused shaking his head as he ran a hand through his long tresses distractedly. "And today I just learned that I'm not chasing fairy-tales and myths. This is real and I want to know more. You have those answers, please I'm begging you, teach me. Show me how this can even be."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nix

Teach him? There was so much even he did not yet know. He did not know what would become of the Library- of generations of Juris Ataraxia work. Work that he was sworn to continue. Secrets he was bound to protect. "I'm sorry. I cannot teach outsiders."

Jaibah said as he pulled away from Imogene. A small twinge of regret present on his face before he turned away from the other mage. "You can read whatever you'd like while you are here. But you won't remember any of this in the morning."

GoblinFae

The mage dropped Jaibah's sleeve like a man burned. The other man's words could not have possibly been anymore gutting to hear than they were. Imogene felt himself collapsing on the inside as he retreated backwards to the stairs. "What's the point?" he murmured feeling utterly defeated. "If you're just going to steal that away from me too then what use is reveling in truths I nor anyone else will ever know again? You offer me dreams and my nightmares all in the same breath, offering it as if it is an ultimate favor when it is noting short of being a cruel parlor trick. You should be ashamed of yourself," Imogene rebuked before slinking his way back up the stairs to sulk and watch the people outside the window.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]