Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With Malice Toward None

Started by Magyar, March 20, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

"I hope I don't sound like a jackass, but I'd prefer sooner than later," Lucian said with a dry chuckle. There was no humour in his voice, however, and his brow knotted in an anxious frustration.

"Ayn hu?!" A screech came up the stairs in a particularly grating tone. Lucian grimaced, "It would seem the healing woman has arrived. What... erm, how do we explain this?"

DragonSong

Zira snorted. "Fuck if I know. Tell her we don't know how to bring you back to consciousness and hope if she can snap the real you awake you'll get jolted out of the kid's body?" She shrugged helplessly. "I'll tell her whatever you want me to tell her, Lucy, but honestly I'm at a loss."

Magyar

"Madha taqsudu, la yumkinuk?" The withered old woman asked, her tone rather perturbed. It seemed that his predicament was a unique one. She was having trouble grasping it, and he wasn't having the best time trying to explain it. It didn't help that he was saying it through the body of a younger boy while his actual self was slumped on a bed beside them.

"'Ana faqat la yumkin! Lays hunak tafsir akhar..." He said in exasperation, all but throwing his hands in the air as he did so. Lucian was not getting any closer to finding an answer or a cure than he was to figuring out what to do with Zira. But that was an entirely different matter... Lucian looked for his feline-shapeshifter lieutenant but found her missing. Where'd she got off to? When? Maybe while he'd been explaining himself to the healer...

DragonSong

While Lucian attempted to get through a semi-coherent conversation with the healer, Zira had slipped out into the hall to track down whoever was currently on guard duty. It wasn't a difficult task, and once she found the three men who'd be patrolling the upper floor she gave them strict instructions to keep anyone but herself and the healer out of the boss's rooms for the time being.

That settled, she made her way back toward Lucian's chambers, but found herself hovering at the door. She could hear him talking to the healer, knew he could probably use a native Essyrni speaker in there to help him out...but she didn't move.

Just a minute, she told herself. I just need a minute to get my head on straight.

She didn't have time for this- this lost at sea feeling that suddenly seemed to have taken up residence just under her breast when she thought about having a real conversation with him. The real him. If they could fix this whole mess.

Which was what she should be focusing on. With a low growl, Zira tossed her braids over one shoulder and stalked gracefully into the room. She easily sidestepped the healer and let herself flop onto the bed in an artful heap beside Lucian's body, eyes sharp as she looked from the boy-not-boy to the older woman.

Magyar

"She is having trouble comprehending the situation," Wendellucian explained, looking to Zira, "I've explained it like three times, but she keeps telling me I'm making no sense, or that she doesn't understand!"

He said this like his ailment was as simple as a broken ankle or a concussion, but the Healing woman would only stare at Wendell like the boy had lost his mind.

DragonSong

Zira sighed and dragged a hand down her face. "Of course she doesn't understand, Luce. You barely even understand what happened." With a curse muttered under her breath, she sat up a little straighter and addressed the healer in quick, clipped Essyrni.

The older woman responded in kind, gesticulating wildly with her hands, and Zira did her best to explain that her boss's mind- though she told the old woman it was his life force- had been shoved into the boy's body. And they needed her help to get him back.

There was quiet for a few moments, then the healer mumbled a question. Zira rolled her eyes and there was another exchange of rapid fire Essyrni, this time about payment, before the shifter turned to look at Wendellucian. "She knows a tea that is meant to allow people to dreamwalk- move from their own dreams into someone else's. If we give both bodies the tea, do you think you could...slip back in while you're asleep?"

Magyar

"Well Zira, I don't know." Lucian replied, with a healthy dose of snark, "I've never had the pleasure of this experience before! That being said, I'm certainly not going to turn down the offer. Where's this tea?"

The Boy's body was becoming tiresome, and Lucian was slowly but surely slipping out of his somewhat collected façade. He didn't want to lose it in front of Zira, or the medicine woman, so he sat down and zoned out, staring at the opposing wall. He wasn't deep in thought, not at first, but soon enough he was thinking on all manner of things. That sort of attitude really fostered thought, in all of its wandering forms.

DragonSong

The shapeshifter curled her lip at him. "Oi, don't start with me. I'm trying to help you," she muttered, resisting the urge to cuff the side of his head- either head, really. Gods this was confusing. She nodded to the healer, who bustled out of the room with some muttering under her breath, something about how northerners needed to keep their strange magics to themselves.

With a sigh Zira turned to the boy her boss's consciousness currently inhabited and gestured to the bed, where his unconscious body lay. "Well...get comfy, I guess. From what I understand, you're both going to need to be asleep for this to work."

She was making a concerted effort to come across as bored and a little irritated. If she was being honest, she was starting to approach panic again. What if the tea didn't work? What if he was just...stuck? For how long?

Forever?

Oh good gods.

Tags: