Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Back Alleys (open)

Started by Eilish, March 29, 2017, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eilish

Eilish slipped down the street as quickly as she could. If any one where to look at the moment closely enough to take any notice of her at all it would be clear that she was worried. The fact that it was late and she was out in back streets alone might be the first hint something was amiss. Respectable women did not walk around in back alley's at this hour of the night but she had no other choice. Or at least felt like she had no other choice given her appearance it could be either one. She had in her hands something wrapped securely in a tight bundle covered with a dark blue cloth. It was tucked and knotted cleverly indicating that whatever she had, clearly she did not wish it to be seen.

She adjusted her bundle with one final look over her shoulder and made her way towards one of the main roads. She took the time to throw her hood over her head, clearly not wishing to be seen be whatever few people were still milling around, inching near the wall she adjusted her package and clearly forced herself to walk at a casual pace as she began to wind her way through the street. Head up shoulders back, hoping it was enough not to cause any one to to take notice of her. She could hear her own breathing and her heart beat, but she was so on edge most anything else faded into the background.

From the bundle a brief show of leaves and purple flowers showed through for a moment before she felt the weight shift in her arms and quickly covered what she was carrying. She paused to see if any one had noticed her or her package, standing still and looking around, before moving quickly off again with one more look over her shoulder, hoping she had not been followed.

Mako Ngata

Mako was walking around it was late night but it was usually that those times when he would wander mostly because there where less people out and about and that meant less people who would swarm him asking him questions and praising him. Yes thats right praising, he was a gladiator one who performed in the Arena and was widely known in the city because of his fighting skills.

Mako was slowly walking and thinking, he was wearing a white tunic and brown trousers he was barefoot. His black long straight hair move around in the breeze. A late night merchant stopped him to sell him some useless nicknack, Mako shook his head at him and in doing so bumped into the strangest person who seemed really nervouse and to be carrying something.

Eilish

Eilish  for her part was not aware of any one following her, at least not yet. Had she been she would not be as calm as she might have been at the moment. Not that what she was doing was illegal or the like, it was simply that it looked bad and life had taught her if it looked bad it likely lead to things she did not want to be caught up in.

She turned down the closest road and discretely began to double back. Although she wasn't sure she was being followed. If she was lucky, she would not come in to contact with anyone, which would prove that she was simply being paranoid and her mind was playing tricks on her.

If that was not the case... well then she would cross that bridge when she came to it. Riona was not much of a fighter, but if it came to that she was sure she could try to wing it

Mako Ngata

Mako looked at who he bumped into, the stranger quickly ran away. "Like I haven't seen that trick before!" Clearly the guy was a thief, who had stolen Mako's Jade bracelet. "Stop! THIEF!" Mako yelled as he ran after the thief, the thief
ran into the direction of Eilish.

Mako was clearly very angry, he pulled out his 'mere' which was a foot long flat Jade club like object... a very deadly weapon, one Mako always kept on him. When I get my hands on them... ohhh they will wish never to have messed with me! "STOP THIEF!" He yelled once more.

Eilish

She was not the thief and so did not quiet grasp what was going on, at least not at first. She had moved quickly out of the way to avoid being ran down by some one. She had wondered briefly what was going on, as it didn't concern her directly she had put it out of her mind, for a little while at least.

Whatever Eilish had been thinking about was pushed out of her mind, people with weapons tended to do it to a person. However, she was pretty sure he was not addressing her. After all, she hadn't stolen anything, she just had the luck to be in a very awkward place.

"Me?"She had to ask, her tone a bit incredulous. Surely it was not her, but she had to check before he started swinging.

Mako Ngata

The thief zoomed posted Eilish. Mako heard Elish's question and in an agitated tone yelled. "NOT YOU! THEM!!!" He pointed his Mere at the strange figure running away, it was thin and scrawny but also very fast. "PLEASE HELP! DO SOMETHING! YOUR CLOSER!" Mako yelled, he kept running but there was no way he would get to the thief before Eilish.

Eilish

She was at a loss of what to do for just a moment. After all, she had been worried about herself and now some how she was in the middle of some kind of chase down the middle of the street and at least one of them were armed. Likely both of them, after all if you were going to take something from some one it would benefit you to know how to defend yourself.

Keeping this in mind, she thought as quickly as she could while hopefully not getting a blade to the face for her troubles. Not thinking of anything else she could do on the sly she simply stepped out in front of the would be thief hoping to slow them down when they ran directly into her. At least this was her half formed plan.

Mako Ngata

The thief was cornered they stopped in their tracks once they saw Eilish in one in end and Mako in the other... Mako coming in quick red with anger, grasping his mere hard. The thief looked with ways nervousely and then pulled out a smell metal ball threw it on the ground and poof! Was gone... they had used a smoke bomb. "DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!! I HATE AND DESPISE ROUGES AND THEIR PARTY TRICKS!" Mako yelled angerly, he looked at Eilish. "Thanks... I guess..." He said, his anger would cool off soon.

Eilish

She couldn't say she was all that shocked, although she had the sense not to point that out right now. But, if Eilish was going to go through the trouble of robbing some one should have more than one trick to get her out of trouble should it arise. She waved a hand in front of her face coughing for a moment as she got a lung full of smoke.

"Well, at least it was just smoke." She pointed out a little mildy as the smoke cleared. "What did he have anyway?" She asked a little curiously.

Mako Ngata

Mako noticed for the first time Eilish was a young Woman he hadn't really paid attention to it before but now that he had he wondered Why someone like her was wondering through the streets at midnight. He decided to answer her question first and then ask his. He slowly lifted his left arm to his chest and showed his wrist. "He took my Jade bracelet. One of a kind made by my people the Yoeriqi." He responded, his arm now visibly covered in strange Black tatoos. "Now my turn to ask... What is a person like you walking around at this hour?" Mako asked.

Eilish

Eilish debated on just how to answer that question. She was out there for a reason of course, as was most people who were out and about right now. But, she was in a delicate place with her errand. Her bundle was ..delicate to say the least. The plant while not harmful on its own could cause harm to people if some one had ill intent. Not that Eilish did, but she was aware it could people think the wrong things when it was presented.

"People like me?"She had to ask, pretty sure she wasn't entirely sue she wanted to know what people like her would do. "Um, going home.." She thought about that for a moment. It sounded lame even to her. "Not everyone is grateful for some of my services."